Fan Forum Star

I'm watching the epp love the pillow fights
Old 04-18-2015, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Stargirl (View Post)
Patrick says off the cuff things all the time, but in the end he knows he would be abandoning the show, Ellen, and the fans. He doesn't play the Derek/Meredith scenes the way he does without realizing how this couple is the center of the show. There's no way around that. At all. He's a smart enough guy to realize that situation. Castle and Vampire Diaries are not as iconic of shows as Greys. ETA: I've seen some pretty unkind things said about Stana on my timeline over the past few days. So let's hope there are no similarities here. ETA 2: The big difference about those departures is that they're happening during a contract negotiation year. The big thing about Patrick is that he has already announced he's signed through season 12.
I need to read your posts more often

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 04-18-2015, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Patrick Dempsey

does sound right
They're not enough
Jenღ Icon by jaje
Old 04-18-2015, 08:39 AM
Passionate Fan

I need the season finale to come already, so we can all be relieve and stress free. I feel everything is freaking us right now.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Patrick Dempsey

i think i need tat
They're not enough
Jenღ Icon by jaje
Old 04-18-2015, 09:15 AM
Master Fan

I noticed this Thursday and it kind of scared me.

"You just have to hope that when it's your turn, you'll know what to do...how to cope...how to persevere." - Meredith's voiceover at the end. Karin Gleason said MD fans would feel perseverance at the end of this season.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:27 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
And The Vampire Diaries is going on without Nina Dobrev.

Yeah, it can be done, it has been done. OTH went on without Lucas and Peyton, 7th Heaven went on without Matt and Mary and eventually Simon. None of those characters died, though... I do wonder how they're going to handle Nina's exit on TVD, though. Death means nothing on that show, as Nina said herself, since people are resurrected left and right, so it wouldn't be as felt if she died anyway. Death on Grey's is more permanent, with the exception of Denny's ghost and that storyline was not well received.

But what else can you do? No one is going to believe MerDer would get divorced. And SR said that if they ever broke up, one of them would have to die.
personally, this situation reminds me the most of desperate housewives when they killed off mike in their last season: it was totally unexpected especially since of all the 3 main couples, mike/susan was the most stable (tom/lynette were separated and gabby/carlos had to deal with her ex stepdad's murder). Anyway, i had stopped watching the show for awhile and i remember being so shocked about it (and tom and lynette break up), i definitely wasn't that excited to see the finale
Old 04-18-2015, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Patrick Dempsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.I.E.N.D.S/OTH (View Post)
personally, this situation reminds me the most of desperate housewives when they killed off mike in their last season: it was totally unexpected especially since of all the 3 main couples, mike/susan was the most stable (tom/lynette were separated and gabby/carlos had to deal with her ex stepdad's murder). Anyway, i had stopped watching the show for awhile and i remember being so shocked about it (and tom and lynette break up), i definitely wasn't that excited to see the finale
oh yeah it was easier for them to do that cause like you said 3 main couples they always had an other couple that kinda fill a gap of some sort
They're not enough
Jenღ Icon by jaje
Old 04-18-2015, 09:52 AM
Master Fan

Personally the Desperate Housewives election of killing Mike so close to series finale was stupid. It was the last season after all. Why couldnt they just end in a good place? Sometimes I hate writers and network logic...

Icon by Jaje
Old 04-18-2015, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Stargirl (View Post)
Patrick says off the cuff things all the time, but in the end he knows he would be abandoning the show, Ellen, and the fans. He doesn't play the Derek/Meredith scenes the way he does without realizing how this couple is the center of the show.

There's no way around that. At all. He's a smart enough guy to realize that situation.

Castle and Vampire Diaries are not as iconic of shows as Greys.

ETA: I've seen some pretty unkind things said about Stana on my timeline over the past few days. So let's hope there are no similarities here.

ETA 2: The big difference about those departures is that they're happening during a contract negotiation year. The big thing about Patrick is that he has already announced he's signed through season 12.
Mich, I LOVE your positivity Hoping for the best!

I shipped Mike/Susan alot.. killing him was AWFUL.

Icon: Nikki
Old 04-18-2015, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Patrick Dempsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladluvgrey (View Post)
Personally the Desperate Housewives election of killing Mike so close to series finale was stupid. It was the last season after all. Why couldnt they just end in a good place? Sometimes I hate writers and network logic...
I never really understood why they did it made kind sad they were bettter ways for then to end cause susan kinda ended up back where she was at start
They're not enough
Jenღ Icon by jaje
Old 04-18-2015, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickDempseyRocks (View Post)
I never really understood why they did it made kind sad they were bettter ways for then to end cause susan kinda ended up back where she was at start
Yes, it was awful.

Old 04-18-2015, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Patrick Dempsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShepherds (View Post)
Yes, it was awful.
yep and not great story telling really
They're not enough
Jenღ Icon by jaje
Old 04-18-2015, 10:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love all the MerDer on tumblr

Old 04-18-2015, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

Irene had an interesting theory this morning... what if something happens that results in Derek getting sued/getting sent to jail? It's not ideal, but at least he's alive (and safe in jail). Derek did mention not going to jail in 11x19, so that could be foreshadowing...? (I know, it seems like everything is foreshadowing nowadays ).