Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2015, 02:16 PM
Master Fan

I really hated the Denny storyline. But season 5 brought them closer together and deepened their love.
Old 03-28-2015, 04:56 AM
Master Fan

I just truly wish the BTS things did not happen. Izzie was one of Shonda's favourites before that. I feel confident that Alex and Izzie would have gotten a magical ending/storyline through that.

I love Alex in season 5. It shows how far he had come for himself and with Izzie.
Old 03-29-2015, 01:52 PM
Master Fan

I agree about Alex. You could see him grow and become more mature and decent. She changed him. What he is now is because of what had happened with Izzie.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Izzie did change Alex , but BTS KH stuff did influence them but like CO I guesss.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:35 AM
Master Fan

I agree. Jolex and Owen/Amelia to some extent, are sloppy seconds. Basically they are a product of backstage drama. It's whatever, but when fans try to disregard this reality, it frustrates me.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
. It's whatever, but when fans try to disregard this reality, it frustrates me.
In reality people move on . Itis a functional show , so I guess the concept of moving on is still there. Life goes on even when you first love someone to death
Old 03-30-2015, 02:54 AM
Master Fan

I agree but when you minimize the impact that the first love story had on a character, especially when it could have very well been THE story for that character, you dismiss a large portion of something that influenced a character you root for. We are all shaped by our experiences, so it is impossible to ignore where a character started, when you consider where they are going.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I agree. Jolex and Owen/Amelia to some extent, are sloppy seconds. Basically they are a product of backstage drama. It's whatever, but when fans try to disregard this reality, it frustrates me.
I think they gave Alex a new love because a series like GA can't survive without their couples and love stories. The medical stuff only would be boring. It's sad that they forget about past storylines but that's the way it is often in TV series.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:33 AM
Master Fan

Well to be honest the pairing kind of killed Alex's popularity in fandom. No one really talks about him so it was a big failure.

They've had more popular pairings they refuse to explore (i.e. Jackson and April). They should just give it up with these lame pairings they keep creating. I wish Izzie would come back, I am convinced that Alex is ruined until he reunites with her.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well to be honest the pairing kind of killed Alex's popularity in fandom. No one really talks about him so it was a big failure.

They've had more popular pairings they refuse to explore (i.e. Jackson and April). They should just give it up with these lame pairings they keep creating. I wish Izzie would come back, I am convinced that Alex is ruined until he reunites with her.
I don't think Alex is less popular than back then. There are many Jolex fans out there. I liked them at first too, but I couldn't buy their love story. That doesn't mean they don't have fans.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:09 PM
Master Fan

Every couple has fans but the execution was really odd for their story, and I think it left a lot of the audience wishing Izzie would come back.

There is less excitement around Alex's story because they just paired him off and then left the audience to assume that was the end of his storyline. How he only shares scenes with Meredith and her crew, behaving like a prop to everyone else's storyline. It's very odd where they have taken Alex.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:36 AM
Master Fan

I agree. I noticed myself. He is only there to add some empty words. He has no real storyline right now. I hope it will change soon.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I agree but when you minimize the impact that the first love story had on a character, especially when it could have very well been THE story for that character, you dismiss a large portion of something that influenced a character you root for. We are all shaped by our experiences, so it is impossible to ignore where a character started, when you consider where they are going.
Yep and this applies to reality . Life goes on and as someone who went through a hell of a roller coster relationship in the past years I know moving on is hard and for Alex it toke him a lot of time to move on.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:04 AM
Absolute Fan

I haven't been here in forever!! I miss them so much! Ive been doing a re-watch from the beginning since seeing the Pilot and I am falling in love with Alex and Izzie all over again!
Old 04-18-2015, 03:21 AM
Master Fan

There are re-runs on tv and it's painful sometimes to see the old episodes and to know they won't come together again.