Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Master Fan

ABC boards don't have the entire view of the fanbase of Grey's Anatomy. Sorry.

The same thing happened when EVERYONE hated Lexie/Mark! But slowly people are coming around.

To each their own. And for at least these last two episodes it actually made me EXCITED to watch the whole show. Not just parts with certain characters or ships.

That's what totally sinks a show. If you HAVE to have certain ships displayed 99.9% of the time. If viewers can't spare 2 episodes to entertain an actually decent but short story arc....well then that's sad.
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
Old 02-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

This board do not reflect everyone opinion,TWOP most of hate the cross over.
Quote:
The same thing happened when EVERYONE hated Lexie/Mark! But slowly people are coming around.
I do not think everyone hate ML,some hate them some love them, I for one ok by them,but I cant trust the writing still. Also I do not demand the show to have my ship front and center all the time,but I just think they failed to balance GA cast with PrP.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

wala it's really been forever... hope you're fine!

i really don't get what the fuss is about... so, addison had a lot of scenes, not everybody loved that, but that's just the way it is, you can't please everyone. i, for one, liked it, and i didn't miss meredith one bit. i wouldn't mind if she got less screentime overall so but iw as kind of annoyed about the seattle sl taking up so much time of PP, haha. cause i kinda like PP better atm. but, anyway, it's a crossover, so why not just try and enjoy the differences to the other episodes?

danny & mindy

Old 02-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

LOL I just did not enjoy it.Meredith is my Fav ya know.
I love ur icon ,I miss them
Old 02-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Master Fan

well it's understandable you didn't like it then... just wanted to point out that everybody feels differently about it

aw thanks, they're the cutest i know

danny & mindy

Old 02-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

God I need to catch with OTH.:p
Old 02-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalaBridget (View Post)
This board do not reflect everyone opinion,TWOP most of hate the cross over.

I do not think everyone hate ML,some hate them some love them, I for one ok by them,but I cant trust the writing still. Also I do not demand the show to have my ship front and center all the time,but I just think they failed to balance GA cast with PrP.
Mark/Lexie chemistry in the first episode of season 5 was what got me into this show! It's one of the few things that they're actually doing good in as far as writing/story/directing is concerned.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalaBridget (View Post)
LOL I just did not enjoy it.Meredith is my Fav ya know.
I love ur icon ,I miss them
But I don't think it wasn't a good episode for Meredith even though she wasn't front and center. She learned a lot about Derek. There was development with them and they did Archer's surgery together. We got to see more of her and Cristina interacting now that they're friends again.

I guess I just don't see what people expected from a crossover episode. Addison and Meredith's character's have never been particularly chatty so a crossover episode, which would invariably involve mostly Addison (as the linkage between said shows) wouldn't feature Meredith heavily. Plus, the past 3 or 4 episodes have been centered on her with Cristina/the fight and the serial killer. I mean even Ellen needs a break.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just felt they left out the interactions between MD they live together,one scene with 30 seconds would have done it for me,I'm not that demanding LOL.
I do agree that Ellen need a break since she carry the whole show,but this her air is way cut then it use to be in my opinion still.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm so behind... (View Post)
Mark/Lexie chemistry in the first episode of season 5 was what got me into this show! It's one of the few things that they're actually doing good in as far as writing/story/directing is concerned.
ITA! with izzie/denny-gate and the lack of george love, i was definitely starting to tune out, but mark/lexie is what kept me tuning into this show. it's definitely one of the few things they're doing well on IMO.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:28 PM
Absolute Fan

Well, last night's episode was rich with meta-textual commentary, with dialogue that had dual-meanings, and could pass for commentary on the show itself.

Example: [Naomi]: "What the hell happened to us, Derek?" Could sum up the way most of us feel about GA in general.

The opening monologue: "Every patient story starts the same way. It starts with them being fine. It starts with a before". "But what they don't realise is that the fact there talking about it to us is that they become doctors. It means that there's no going back". No, there's no going back to the glory days of GA, now is there?

Alex and Izzie:
I love Alex when he called the interns a bunch of losers. It's cos, well, they are. And the "She doesn't know anything line" said by George immediately after their scene was of course, meta-textual commentary in regards to Izzie and her symptoms. Though Izzie and the art, project thing was lame. If any good did come out of it, it did highlight her symptoms (she couldn't find the scissors that were right in front of her?) Oh, and the whole "drape your patients accordingly game" was corny, kinda lame, yet entertaining. The highlight of the scene when George tried to feign enthusiasm while the game was being played, and corrected the interns for their mistakes. "A whipple is for pancreatic cancer, were you planning on going through the mouth?"

Addison and Derek:
[Paraphrases] "Hope..that's what your plan is hinging on hope, hoping that the worst doesn't happen?" That kind of sums up the way I feel about watching GA.

I did laugh out loud when Derek said the line about how Addison's brother wishes to choke him, and when he divulges that her brother first had a seizure while having sex with his girlfriend, and wondered aloud if the gf would be present in the room with them; only to find out the gf is, in fact, Naomi. I loved Addy's line about the box: "I put you in a tiny box after the box. I made you tiny, and inconsequential so I could get out of bed in the morning. But now, I'm taking you out of that box." "I need you to be a God". The line was cliched, expected, yet effective. Also, I can't blame Addison for her reaction to the fact that Derek was going to propose. Though their relationship may be over, she still has feelings for him. But the fact that she revealed that no wave of sadness came over her when Mark revealed that Derek was planning to propose shows how far she has come.

Derek and Archer: It was entertaining to see Derek shut Archer up by calling him a coward, and saying " I can assume responsibility. Can you?"

Derek, Mark, Sam:
I'm kind of glad they had Bailey question whether or not she's ready for peds by saying things like, "A ped surgeon smiles", and "you're gonna wanna keep that temper in check around the kids". Though Bailey's retort [in regards to asthma] "it's big around the kids" was a good comeback.

Naomi and Derek: I liked the slightly awkward, yet cute interaction. I did like the revelation that Derek once wrote Addy a song, and sang it to her at their wedding. And no, I don't think that revelation means that the Naomi, Derek and Addison are somehow "stuck in the past", as it is normal for people to reminisce on events that have happened years ago. It's a part on human nature, and just because they take the time to reflect upon it doesn't mean that they haven't moved on with their lives, something they clearly have done. And it was just nice to see more revealed about a GA doctors' past.

After all, if they were still stuck in the past, then why would Naomi attempt to have a conversation with Derek? To me, it's a sign of progress that she is having that conversation with him, for it shows that she (and Derek, for that matter) have moved on from, and are attempting to reconcile their past history. I'd say the worst thing about the revelation about the song was Naomi's singing, and the fact that they sang it in front of Meredith.

Owen, Michael and Cristina:
So Michael kept the fact that he has cancer a secret from his daughter. Yet he divulges the fact that Owen broke off his engagement in an e-mail. huhr. The scene where Owen confronts his former fiancee was heartbreaking, I felt for Cristina as she overheard how Owen's former fiancee prays for him, and when she had to watch the tears of joy, and the huggin.

Owen:
"I'm not always an ass, you know". I can't blame Cristina for walking away after Owen didn't answer when she asked if she had told his mother about his return. She's been hurt before, and she still has to work on her trust issues. Though, maybe I'm being cynical here, I wonder why Beth can't handle bad news. Is she that fragile? Oh wait, they've been sheltering her all her life; she must be. I also liked Cristina's push for honesty "She'll find out when it's already over. She deserves better than that". She might as well have been commenting about herself. And I'm glad that Owen was eventually honest with Beth. Owen: "He'd like to spare you pain. Any more pain."

Owen to Cristina: "The only time I don't feel like a ghost is when you look at me. You see me. Please look at me. Please see me".

Meredith and Cristina: I'm glad they're being chummy again. Meredith entrusting Cristina with the fact that Derek may not be able to save Archer, and he used to play the guitar, along with Cristina imparting that Owen never told her about his ex-fiancee shows that they can trust each other, again. And plus, the fact that they also revealed that they "don't know" their boyfriends'.

Lexie and Mark: So Mark, Lexie gives you a rabid heartrate, makes you feel flush, and tingly "below the belt"? Seriously, I do not get this pairing. At ALL. Lexie: "I don't want to do dirty secret private flirting with you anymore". Thank God.

Bailey and Addison: I miss their interaction. Oh, how I used to love it. It was sweet that Bailey noticed Addison's haircut, though I can't help but wonder if Bailey is getting too emotionally involved (again).

Meredith: Well, of course after the Chief complained about how no one in the hospital knew the medical term for worms in the brain, she would be the one who got the name right. How Mary-Sueish.

Addison and Callie: Yay for their A/C friendship and mateyness! Addison: "I have no clout with God. God doesn't even know who I am, which sucks, because I could use some help".

Even though I question Addison's cluelessness in terms of prayer (seriously, it ain't that hard) I enjoyed watching Callie help her through her example. I also like what Callie said during the prayer -- that the problem isn't the fact that she kissed a woman, it was the fact that she needed help getting over the butterflies.

"You're an amazing doctor, you save babies, God knows who you are".

"Do you believe in this stuff? God?"

I thought the writers did a good job handling religion in this scene, as they managed to capture the struggle that people of faith go through, and present doubts without coming across as condescending, nor preachy.

Sadie: Wow, they were really reaching with the medical incompetence in order to make her look bad. I mean, seriously, how hard is it for you to find the heart? The only good thing about it is she's off the show. And seriously, the I-cheated-my-way-through line was lame; all that just so you can tramp around Europe?

Alex and his patient:
Boy, did I love Alex when he told his patient to stop it, and to shut up, because I was thinking the same thing. Well that, showing her her son's face was the combo of toughness and love that makes me love him. Though her pleading with Derek did get to me.

Mark, Addison, Callie: "He met someone". It might have been said in reference to Lexie, but I feel that line should have been about Callie (maybe it was?) The awkward serenade in the bar, where both Addy and Derek were forced to confront their past via a badly sung song, was just another way of dealing with the past, and one they needed to work out.

Naomi: "I thought we were all gonna last forever". Well, we all do, but we never do, now do we?
So, even though it was a cheap ratings ploy, I did find the episode mildly enjoyable.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodicWays (View Post)
But I don't think it wasn't a good episode for Meredith even though she wasn't front and center. She learned a lot about Derek. There was development with them and they did Archer's surgery together. We got to see more of her and Cristina interacting now that they're friends again.

I guess I just don't see what people expected from a crossover episode. Addison and Meredith's character's have never been particularly chatty so a crossover episode, which would invariably involve mostly Addison (as the linkage between said shows) wouldn't feature Meredith heavily. Plus, the past 3 or 4 episodes have been centered on her with Cristina/the fight and the serial killer. I mean even Ellen needs a break.
I totally agree! Mer is ONE of my faves but this episode was amazing. I love love LOVED seeing Addie again, though IMO not enough Addie/Mark interaction . Not a fan of Mark/Lexie..I actually was at first but meh it just fizzled out fast for me! I'm a die hard merder FANATIC but I've always had a soft spot for Addison/Derek so it was cute seeing them again! It was also nice to see Meredith & Cristina just being them again , not sure how I feel about this whole Owen thing yet but I know I totally love Owen/Cristina! LOVEDD Alex in this episode, for me its always a case of one episode I DESPISE Alex & in the next I love him to death! but generally I'd say I do like him. Iz was a wackooo but cute... George was just in the background as he usually is lately, which makes me sad because I flove him . Okay nobody kill me for this, I know everyone hates her but I felt bad for Sadie! My heart really went out to her, shes just still a kid at heart who doesn't know how to be independent. Sure shes a smidge idiotic but she just needs to grow up, you can tell she genuinely felt bad & lost when she was getting everything wrong. Plus I love Mel George ! Lool wth? They weren't stuck in the past at all. Thats exactly how people are when seeing old friends, we always bring up the good times!
Old 02-13-2009, 11:44 PM
Addicted Fan

Ellen You're not alone. I feel bad fro Sadie too

Serena Grey-Mars I don't know if you've noticed but the whole season has been a thinly veiled commentary on what's going on with the show. The hospital slipping to #12, the chief "giving up", going back to the basics (of writing). It's been happening all season.

I didn't see it so much this episode but it's been there a lot. (Although I guess the Chief wanting to publish a story about Derek's surgery on Archer for publicity could be a meta-reference to the crossover event gaining attention for the show.)
Old 02-14-2009, 02:48 AM
Absolute Fan

For the record, I do pay attention; I have noticed, and I've remarked upon it, several times in fact. I just thought it was more prominent in Before And After.

Last edited by Serena Grey-Mars; 02-14-2009 at 11:44 PM Reason: One of the frustrations of communicating over the 'net is when it leads to misunderstandings over a speakers' intent...
Old 02-14-2009, 02:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Steph!!! Miss you so much

Quote:
Example: [Naomi]: "What the hell happened to us, Derek?" Could sum up the way most of us feel about GA in general.
ITA with you!