Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-13-2009, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphi1860 (View Post)
they're stuck in the past cause they were singing that song? cause they were sorry they'd lost touch? sam/naomi were all about letting the past go, imo.
Raphi has not seen ya since ages
They are stuck in the past because non of them is moved on.Derek seem embarrassed by the song and does not even wanna remember it or sing it and the whole thing in my opinion was forced and contrived!! I so cant wait for Addison to go back to LA to her show
I just hate this and next we have a cross over I hope its MerDer visiting LA taking over PrP
Old 02-13-2009, 09:05 AM
Elite Fan

Of course he was embarrassed, it was a horrible song. And he did chime in to correct them in one part.

I think someone who watches PrP should judge if the characters have moved on or not.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohoblue123 (View Post)
Of course he was embarrassed, it was a horrible song. And he did chime in to correct them in one part.

I think someone who watches PrP should judge if the characters have moved on or not.
As someone who watches when their sister tune on it,those character are so stuck and act like highschoolers.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

Let me add, "Who is also un-biased."

Maybe they are stuck, I don't know. But I wouldn't use them singing an old song as a reason for it.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I also it was bitchy toward Meredith ,Derek girlfriend right now and Addison and Derek happen to divorced for god sake!!! They are on friendly terms,but not to that point.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Master Fan

OMgosh people! You know what that was the best two episodes I've seen in a while. Yes there was lots of Addie in it, but what do you expect when it involves her brother and it's such a crisis?????

I'd say it's just sour grapes. Because they didn't get a lot of MerDer. But you know what, it's not like they were going backwards. People getting together like that who were supposedly THAT close to each other will reminisce. I mean, it's like the Grey's Anatomy crew in like 5-10 years if they never saw each other again. Of course they'll reminisce.

I think it's also natural for such close friends to be sad about friends who got married and they imagined they would last forever. From the context everything happened when everyone was out of the picture and haven't seen or talked to one another in ages.

For pete's sake, it's not like there's any threat to end MerDer

I think it gives perspective. For Meredith to see that he had another life. He is the same person but with a previous history. Just like Meredith said to Sadie. She's the same, she just doesn't want to run around and sleep with a bunch of guys. She wants to be right there.

Now with that out of the way:

I LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURVED this episode. There were so many good things about it. As much as there were a lot of scenes with the PP characters, I think it managed to touch on a lot of the characters, though not as much with Meredith which I'm okay with. You know, life on this show doesn't always have to revolve around Meredith Grey, even if the show is supposedly named after her.

Good things:

*I luuuuuuurved and wuffed and looooooved the small little tidbits of Lexie and Mark I got. They were sweet and cute. And

*Doctoring! Wooooow, real doctoring. I think my favorite thing about this episode is that there is a lot of medical stuff going on. For the most part, Grey's has gotten to be too much of a soap. And while I do love character/relationship development, this seemed to be a little of the feelings of S1 where they managed to balance the two. I loooooved Derek in this episode. I loved seeing him being a doctor. I love the way PD acted it and this is why I liked McDreamy. Not because he's purdy or because of the way I should swoon over him, but that he's a really great doctor. I love the confidence he has and he knows what he wants when he's doing his job.

*Christina/Owen twist. You saw it coming. But it's definitely interesting. Who knew Owen hadn't told anyone he's back. As he explained it, it made sense as to why. But still....I love that moment. That ending moment though where he's asking her to see him as he is. That she would choose to see him after what she has just found out. Instead of this person who he's 'supposed to be'. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO powerful.

*Izzy was insanely cheery. I can't say that it's a good thing. But it's interesting. Little things that seem out of wack and Alex is finally seeing it.

*Sadie, I agree that it's a lame way out. I mean why not think it through when introducing characters like that? Kind of sad. Part of me wanted to keep her around in hopes of ABC luring Sark...erm, David Anders to the show as a new doctor.... Wouldn't that have been yummy?

Overall, without going into PP as well, it was really great to see this crossover. I wasn't looking forward to it as I don't really care for PP, but they've kind of snuck up on me. I think it's because I'm a sucker for backstory and old relationships. Especially love the ones between Sam/Derek, Addie/Mark and just all together all of them being together.

And just going a little into PP, what I love about the crossover is the fact that I miss Addie/Derek going up against each other. I love that they know each other and butt heads in procedures and medical diagnoses and such. I love that with Addie/Derek it doesn't always have to be about the romantic drama. I think that's a big pull for me. Because as much as I love relationship drama, I expect in this show to be able to balance it. Not to make it all about - 'What am I supposed to do about him?' or 'Oh woe is me, I can't be who he wants me to be and why should I change?'

I like that they can take it from being personal to professional in a blink of an eye.

I like to think I'm unbiased. And I don't at all think it's all about people not moving on. I think it's people looking at the dreams they had and the choices made and how things don't turn out the way you expect them to.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I say for this crossover!
Damon/Elena Jeremy/Anna TEAM ANNA TEAM DAMON
Old 02-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
For pete's sake, it's not like there's any threat to end MerDer

I think it gives perspective. For Meredith to see that he had another life. He is the same person but with a previous history. Just like Meredith said to Sadie. She's the same, she just doesn't want to run around and sleep with a bunch of guys. She wants to be right there.
I know Addeck are not threat to MD since MD are the couple of the show,but its stupid and contrived and forced for me.How would you feel if MerDer toke over PrP if you watch the show and got air time lets say more then Addison
Old 02-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Addicted Fan

I thought it was a good two episodes. I don't really see what the arguing is about but obviously Addison would get a lot of air time. She's the link that ties these two shows together. And of course there'd be a lot of reminiscing about Addison/Derek, they're what connects Naomi, Sam and Mark.

I think it's important that Meredith recognizes that she doesn't know much about Derek. He came to SGH after breaking up with Addison. He didn't tell Meredith he was even married, she just found out 2 weeks ago that his dad died in a mugging. The truth is that as much as Derek has pushed for Meredith to share herself, he's not exactly forthcoming. In order for them to be engaged, I don't want just Meredith to grow, I want Derek to grow as well and I think this is a good step towards that not a step backward. Plus, the writers have said this season was about MerDer being together but also realizing that it takes work to be together.

I feel bad for Sadie. I think there was a lot of potential with her character but it wasn't fleshed out. I couldn't even feel bad for her character in the last scene with Merdith because we barely saw them together. It would have been great to see Sadie slowly working her way back into Meredith's life, while her and Cristina weren't talking and then to see Mere notice that Sadie was incompetent. What happened to Deth and Die? The whole thing was poorly planned by the writers.

I liked Lexie/Mark and all the [/b]SGH/Oceanside[/b] interactions especially Bailey and Sam. And I liked that Alex told Addison he kind of wants to bail on Izzie. I could totally understand. He's been through his mom and Eva and Izzie's ghost sex and something even bigger is coming. It must be hard.

Oh, btw. PP is making m never want to have a child. People abandon their kids, have crazy complications during pregnancy and post-partum psychosis. If they an just ease up on the baby craziness a bit, I'd appreciate it.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

It's true shanna....Meredith doesn't know a lot about Derek. And as you pointed out, Derek hasn't been exactly forthcoming. He's been open emotionally, but not about his history, which is kind of weird. But understandable. Everything seems to spook Meredith...at least in the beginning. Now they're in the part of their relationship where things are stable. They know they are 'together'. now would be the time to start seriously letting some of the baggage out.

And Addison storyline isn't contrived. The storyline definitely isn't. I felt it. I think Kate did a wonderful job. Actually it did feel a little forced on PrP, but it seems so natural on Greys. I think it's because I love the actors they have on GA and the various types of characters and the give and take of the characters.

And like Shanna said, she's the tie that brings the two shows together.

As for PP, OMGOSH! It's been like 2 episodes where the mother's have been HORRIBLE! It makes me mad. Though at least with this one, it was quite sad ...because you know she wants to be a good mother, but her body is so frak'd up!

And I totally think it was real that Alex was saying those things to Addison. He has to say it to someone. It's good. And very real.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And Addison storyline isn't contrived. The storyline definitely isn't. I felt it. I think Kate did a wonderful job. Actually it did feel a little forced on PrP, but it seems so natural on Greys. I think it's because I love the actors they have on GA and the various types of characters and the give and take of the characters

I agree Addison character does better in GA then PrP,but the SL is not done out of a creative it was done to bring GA ratings up.What was next in this named the show Addison Anatomy and have her do the VO!!
Old 02-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalaBridget (View Post)

I agree Addison character does better in GA then PrP,but the SL is not done out of a creative it was done to bring GA ratings up.What was next in this named the show Addison Anatomy and have her do the VO!!
It was done to bring up the ratings of both shows. I think both shows have been off their games because they're introducing characters without any kind of plan (i.e. Sadie on GA and the doctor who Archer replaced on PP) therefore the crossover can seem contrived because we haven't been focusing on the main characters and then all of a sudden there's this crossover event which only focuses on Addison and Derek. But it was a good episode. I don't think Addison was taking over GA at all. Mer still did the voiceover. The GA episode focused on Derek and the side stories on Izzie and Cristina. I think everyone's blowing this out of proportion.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

GA does not benefit from PrP ,its PrP is the who is benefiting.
Quote:
I don't think Addison was taking over GA at all.
She just toke over most of GA air time come on.

Quote:
I think everyone's blowing this out of proportion.
It was just plain annoying to most of us.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think everyone's blowing this out of proportion.
I agree.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalaBridget (View Post)
It was just plain annoying to most of us.
Who is 'us'? The MerDer fanbase?
Old 02-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayta (View Post)
Who is 'us'? The MerDer fanbase?
Yep and you can visit the ABC boards to make sure that not just the MD fans were annoyed.