Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Total Fan

Honestly, this was a tamed bitchy Izzie Stevens. We seen Izzie far worse than this. She was actually pretty tamed. I was surprised how tamed she was. I thought she would go all out, but she didn't. Having Callie doing the whole idea of Vegas. Man, I really started to like Callie but she really hasn't changed either. She has more layers than once she appeared, but she truly hasn't changed. She is still pushy and controlling with George. She has more common with Izzie than she cares to admit .
Old 02-01-2007, 11:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, I still like Callie/George... and I was hoping she'd say yes. But I was expecting an engagement-- marriage is a little quick. And Callie is definitely pushy, but that's part of her character. But she needs to let George explain himself more ofrequently than always jumping to conclusions.

Meredith was one of my favorite parts of the episode! I really enjoy the Meredith/Ellis scene and they were very moving in this episode. I really felt for Meredith. Definitely some of Pompeo's best acting in the series.

Ellis... well, ha, any Gilmore Girls fans in here? I have friends who think Emily is a mean mom. But Lorelai has it pretty damn lucky...

And yay for Addison and heroic measures!
And Addie/Callie. (See Meredith is the only one who really congratulates George; and likewise with Addie/Callie-- Meredith and Addison are both supporting even when they aren't sure if it's a good idea. And that's one of the things I like about both of them).
And yay for Maddison... that really surprised me. Although if she was thinking of Alex... I will be none too pleased. Her sex life is just...trouble. She needs to get it together, really.
And if they are really going to set up a major A/M/A triangle...I don't know how I'll feel. Heh. AMA... against medical advice... that is what I say. No? I am lame, this I know.

I enjoyed Mark in spite of him being a coward.

Izzie was freaking out too much about the clinic not being active, I mean, it just opened. It'll take some time... And I thought she was being a bitch to Callie, even though I can understand where it was coming from. The comment about the ring was just mean.

Last edited by infinite sadness; 02-01-2007 at 11:58 PM
Old 02-01-2007, 11:51 PM
Total Fan

How GREAT was that?

Geroge and Callie, I like them together, but I wasn't expecting them to get married like that.. I smell trouble... I hope I'm wrong though and everything will be fine.

"Dude, she's Callie O'Malley" So funny.

I love Addie... all the lusty A/A stares, so hot . They're great. Eh, I wasn't happy that she slept with Mark, but I'm not too worried about that.

I love all the Callie/Addison interaction, too. I liked how they both supported each other.

Bailey totally rocks! I love how we get to see both sides of her, and still get to respect the two different sides of her.

And Ellen Pompeo was SO amazing! So perfectly emotional... I loved every second of her and Kate B.'s scenes. You couldn't help but feel bad for Meredith.

Quote:
Ellis... well, ha, any Gilmore Girls fans in here? I have friends who think Emily is a mean mom. Lorelai has it pretty damn lucky...
Yeah, I would say!

And there wasn't much M/D action, but there's always next week...

But I was mostly excited for Burke and Cristina getting engaged. I LOVE these two together. The whole thing about how she doesn't do rings, and how they can hire a wife and everything was such classic Cristina. I was hoping that when she responded, that it would be a very Cristina-y response. And it was And the hug and the "Yes!" at the end, it was all just so SQUEE worthy!
A storm approaches. It's still over the horizon, but there is lightening in the air. Are either of them aware of the gathering turbulence? Can they feel that crackle of electricity in the wind, or are they aware of only the power they generate between themselves?
Everything Happens Eventually
Old 02-02-2007, 12:27 AM
Ultimate Fan

Things I liked;

George: He was so awesome, standing up to Izzie trying to save every ones lives. He's my hero man...

Meredith: Her storyline was just amazing and her acting was flawless. EP and T.R Knight both deserve emmys I tell yah.

Christina: She accepts the purposle YAY!!

Bailey: Rocks like normal.

Callie: She's awesome, and I love her friendship with Addison.

Mark: Reddemed himself to me. I liked how much he cared about Addison.

Addison: Rocked like always.

Things I didn't like;

. Izzie: That Bitch, honestly I am now an anti Gizzy shipper she's just a jerk now.

Derek: Meh, did nothing for me tonights episode.

Burke: Like Derek did meh for me.
Sabrina/Harvey Shipper-STW. Jeff/Annie-Community. Chuck/Sarah Shipper-Chuck. Sam/Freddie shipper-iCarly. Jessi/Kyle Shipper-Kyle XY. Olivier/Lilly shipper-HM. Chad/Sonny shipper-SWAC. Joe/Stella shipper-Jonas series. Ash/Dawn shipper-Pokemon. StevexDj shipper.
Chuck fan. Kyle XY fan.SmallVillefan.Harry Potter fan.
Peter fan girl.Zac Efron fan girl. P.J fan girl. Chuck fan girl.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:40 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Izzie: That Bitch, honestly I am now an anti Gizzy shipper she's just a jerk now.
You know what's interesting. George exhibited the same behavior when Izzie started to go out with Alex in S2. George was just as jerk and conscending as Izzie was tonight . The shoe is on the other foot now. Personally, I find Callie also a bitch. Taking an advantage of a vulerable, grieving son to get married in Vegas. Great wife George has . Really can't wait to see their marriage end up in divorce. One of the worst rushed storylines I have ever seen, and I was just starting to buy it until these past to episodes.

Last edited by IsabelAmandaEvans; 02-02-2007 at 12:47 AM
Old 02-02-2007, 12:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

I don't think Calleigh necessarilly took advantage of George. He proposed to her, and she accepted... I felt bad for her this episode, she seems so hurt when George's friends don't accept her.

Loved the episode! So intense!

I'll post more of what I thought later, but I'm too tired now
Old 02-02-2007, 12:58 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
I felt bad for her this episode, she seems so hurt when George's friends don't accept her.
I didn't . What did they seriously expect a wedding reception? No wait they couldn't have since..........their friends didn't even know . To expect rainbows and sunshine from a marriage that came out of grieve that only happened a week earlier I find well lacking. Callie knows George is grieving and he is reacting to it very differently. She even mentioned this last week's episode.

They got married. Now what?! George can't provide for a home. Callie was living in the hospital basement for how long. They barely know each other. They didn't even know their middle names.

IMO One of the worst episodes of the seasons. It was too choppy for my tastes. Some poorly writtened, rushed storylines. Screams filler. I'm trying to repress this episode from my memory just to get to next weeks.

ETA: I'm not saying Izzie is in the right. Izzie was clearly in the wrong, but it was understandable to me. She let go of George, but needless to day she wasn't expecting him to get married(and her not even knowing they were engaged ). Everyone is moving on, but Izzie's character is stuck. She's still no okay mentally and emotionally. She can move on career-wise, but socially the writers make her stuck. She can't go out with anyone because then it would diminish her storyline with Denny. She's the easiest person to use to be a bitch. I just come use to Callie/Izzie fighting. Callie was a bitch to Izzie when they first met in S2. Izzie thus reacted to that, and continued on from there. I was expecting this reaction from Izzie. I wasn't expecting a tamed Izzie reaction. We seen Izzie far bitcher than this. I just find it double standardish that the other characters can be asses or bitches, and actually get cheered. However, when Izzie does it's like she broke one of the ten commandments. For instance, Cristina was a royal bitch to Callie last week and Cristina was labeled as "funny". Go figure.

Last edited by IsabelAmandaEvans; 02-02-2007 at 08:18 AM
Old 02-02-2007, 12:59 AM
Master Fan

The only person that i could accept that couldn't accept callie would be meredith purely for the fact that she went all cage fighter on meredith for no freaking reason and jumped to a conclusion all on her own!!

However mer did accept her even before that no way was she snarky in the respects that izzie is, she laughed like once and then they formed a kind of friendship from the s3 premire.

I think Callie makes it hard for people to accept her, however i do not agree with the way izzie treats her!

Jamie and Claire Fraser
Icon: pure_flames on LJ
Old 02-02-2007, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

omfg i loved the episode tonight it was so amazing!!!! there were funny parts "callie o'mally" and serious moments (the whole contragious blood thing? eeek) and then sad moments (mer's mom)

here are the things i loved:
- loved burke & christina scenes. i thought it was so cute that she said yes! i really think their marriage is going to last.
- the scenes with christina and merediths mom. i thought it was great how christina asked her for advice about love + her work and how merediths mom told her that she didnt try hard enough. it was a cute scene.
-even tho i do not ship callie/george i loved how he stood up for her at the end and callie is really growing on me
-addex eye sex!!!! omfg!!! so hot. and that last scene
- mark/addy. even tho i am an aa shipper, i still like her with mark. i thought that kissing scene was hot.
-callie/addison friendship. that was the funniest thing when addison was staring and callie caught them!

didnt like:
-george and callie married! ummmm what? i really dont think its going to work out.
- lack of mer/der scenes and the mer/der tiff. whats up derek? god, he pissed me off tonight!
-lack of izzie/george scenes. i miss the friendship.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:38 AM
Elite Fan

I love the epi!!!!!!!!!!!!I like the Maddison scenes but I think Addex is not over. About Ellis she was a jerk, jelaous of her own daughter beause she has what she hadn´t. And Callie O´Malley, Love it!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 04:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Last night's episode was seriously amazing!
I loved how Izzie so much wanted the free clinic to work, but couldn't wait around watching Denny's money potentially be wasted. I just think that she thought that everything was going to happen very fast, and obviously it didn't.
And woah! I can't believe that Callie and George are married, and got married in a quickie in Vegas. That kind of doesn't seem like them, and you could see that George was having second thoughts throughout the episode. But I think at the end of the day they really love each other, and it doesn't matter what people say.
Ahh haha! Addison so wants Alex, and she's making it so obvious it's kind of pathetic. She just can't keep her eyes off of him. At the end she actually had to walk away because she was starting to get to horny... I guess.
Yeah for Mark and Addison! I love this couple so much, and I really believe that they are meant to be together. I could just tell that from the moment when Addison fell into Mark's arms after being in the O.R. that something was going to happen between those two. And while watching the show I was talking to my friend and she brought up a really good point. She said that when Addison and Mark were having s*x, and Addison said, "I'm actively not thinking about you." She actually wasn't thinking about Mark, she was thinking that she was having s*x with Alex. And that is wrong in so many ways, but I just hope that Mark is not a rebound type thing for Addison.
In this episode Baily was amazing. I just can't get over how motherly she was to that girl in the free clinic. I just don't have to much to say there because she was just amazing!
So... my favorite couple Mer and Der. What's going on with them? They spent no time together, and it's kind of starting to worry me. I just hope that nothing is going to happen between them.
And finally Burke and Christina. I can't believe she said yes, but I loved how she was like, "I don't do rings." That was great. I also loved at the end how Burke grabbed her up in his arms and they were laughing, and I just thought that it was great.
So all in all I thought that this episode was pretty darn awesome! I can't wait for next weeks.
Meredith+DerekCallie+GeorgeChristina+BurkeAddison+Mark
Old 02-02-2007, 06:49 AM
New Fan

About the poisoned blood thing

What happened was that the patient had cancer and was doing chemotherapy and but was also taking some herbal supplements (which she shouldn't have been doing) Anyway, the chemicals used for the chemo reacted with chemicals in the herbal supplements and formed some sort of toxic gas that knocked the doctors out when they were exposed to her blood. This actually happened in real life a few months ago. I will try to see if I can find the article online and post a link.

Edited to Add article about toxic blood. This isn't as serious as the case I heard about but it's the only story I could find on the web. It's an article in the NY Times.

Quote:
Doctor and Nurse Pass Out From Fumes From a Patient
Print
Save
Digg
Facebook
Newsvine

Published: February 21, 1994
A doctor and nurse treating a patient who was suffering from cardiac arrest passed out Saturday night because of fumes that came from the patient and the hospital was forced to close its emergency room, the authorities said today.

As the doctor and nurse drew blood from the patient, a 31-year-old woman, they noticed white crystals in the blood and smelled a substance like ammonia before passing out, said Dr. Humberto Ochoa of Riverside General Hospital.

The patient, who had been undergoing chemotherapy treatment for cancer at home, died. An autopsy is pending.

The fumes forced the hospital to move seven emergency room patients into the parking lot even though temperatures were in the 40's. Four other patients were transferred to other hospitals, but patients on other floors were not affected.

The doctor and nurse were hospitalized in stable condition at Riverside General Hospital, said Dolly Suban, a nursing supervisor.

The emergency room was decontaminated and reopened today, she said.
Doctor and Nurse Pass Out From Fumes From a Patient - New York Times

Last edited by debbie_too; 02-11-2007 at 06:52 AM
Old 02-02-2007, 07:03 AM
New Fan

More about the case:
Quote:
Elaborate Precautions Taken for Autopsy in Mystery Fumes Case
Print
Single-Page
Save
Digg
Facebook
Newsvine

By B. DRUMMOND AYRES JR.,
Published: February 25, 1994
The bizarre and puzzling circumstances of Gloria Ramirez's death in the emergency room of Riverside General Hospital last Saturday have suddenly transformed this city of 200,000 people into the scene of a techno-thriller straight from a best seller like "The Andromeda Strain."

A doctor and five nurses in the hospital's emergency room were felled by a mysterious substance from Ms. Ramirez's body; two of them are still hospitalized.

A four-member pathology team took extraordinary safety precautions, donning airtight, toxin-proof safety suits in preparation for an autopsy scheduled to begin late tonight.

The primary aim of the autopsy, conducted in a specially sealed coroner's chamber with emergency personnel skilled in the handling of hazardous materials standing by, was to determine the nature and possible antidote of the substance that caused such a bizarre medical incident. 'Nonspecific' Substance

Dan Cupido, the chief deputy coroner for Riverside County, said before the autopsy that while the autopsy team was "dealing with the unknown," it already suspected that Ms. Ramirez did not die of a "disease process."

Asked to elaborate, Mr. Cupido said early tests of blood drawn from Ms. Ramirez in the emergency room found a "nonspecific" substance that merited more testing.

"We have a direction that we are looking at," he added, refusing to take further questions.

Some of the emergency room victims told of an ammonia-like smell rising from the woman's body, which they said also seemed to have an unusual sheen. They reported seeing white and yellow particles in blood samples. Equally puzzling, some emergency room personnel who worked on Ms. Ramirez said they suffered no ill effects.

"I felt nothing," said Dr. Humberto Ochoa who, as head of the Riverside Hospital emergency medicine department, was in the emergency room throughout the incident.

At a news conference here, Tom DeSantis, the Riverside County spokesman, said the results of the autopsy might take as long as a week.

"This is different than anything we've ever done before," he said.

For that matter, the carefully orchestrated autopsy would be a rarity anywhere -- a new safety challenge for medical personnel already burdened by the exceptional precautions required by the AIDS epidemic.

The only known similar incident occurred a few years ago, in Perth, Australia, where medical personnel were felled by toxins from the body of a man who had committed suicide by swallowing a weevil poison.

Ms. Ramirez, who was 31, suffered from advanced cervical cancer, but the medical authorities said she was taking no medical substance that could have caused the emergency room incident. The Riverside woman was brought to the hospital Saturday night in a semiconscious condition after complaining of stomach pains.

While emergency room personnel tended her, drawing blood and instituting other medical procedures, she vomited, went into cardiac arrest and died. At about the same time, members of the emergency team began to faint.

Among them were Julie Gorchinski, a doctor, and Sally Balderas, a nurse. Both were hospitalized in serious condition, with Dr. Gorchinski initially requiring a ventilator because of irregular breathing. Although they are still hospitalized, both women are expected to recover. The doctors treating them were hoping that tonight's autopsy might provide clues as to how to hasten their recovery. Pesticide Is Suspected

There has been speculation among medical personnel here and elsewhere that the toxic substance that felled the emergency room workers may have been an organophosphate, a chemical used in pesticides and military nerve gas. Officials from the Riverside coroner's office, curious as to whether Ms. Ramirez may have ingested some toxic agent, possibly an organophosphate, searched her apartment here but found no toxins, most notably nothing containing an organophosphate.

Her cancer medicine, the officials said, was limited to Compazine, an anti-nausea drug that they said posed no threat to emergency room workers. Ms. Ramirez was scheduled for extensive radiation treatments but had not begun them.
Members of her family and her lawyer, Steve Otto, have strongly denied speculation that Ms. Ramirez, a divorced mother of two, may have swallowed some substance in a suicide attempt.

"There's no way she did that, absolutely no way," Mr. Otto said shortly before the autopsy was conducted. Precautions Necessary

County officials said the autopsy, carried out at the coroner's main office building here, would have been conducted much sooner had not so many safety precautions been necessary.

First, air-tight safety suits with flexible gloves, self-contained oxygen and two-way radios were obtained for the autopsy team. Then the autopsy room was made air-tight and equipped with a filter system to clean exhaust air.

Meanwhile, Ms. Ramirez's body was kept in an air-tight body bag that was within another such bag. Those two bags, in turn, were sealed inside an air-tight coffin that was stored in an isolated, refrigerated room.

Emergency workers trained to deal with toxic substances and clad in safety suits were on hand outside the autopsy room, prepared for a rescue mission if necessary. Before the autopsy, hygienists took air samples from the body bags and skin samples from Ms. Ramirez.

Shortly before 10 P.M., a pair of industrial hygienists in shiny yellow airtight suits entered the autopsy area, opened the casket, and took air samples. They were monitored via closed-circuit television by rescue experts.

When the autopsy is completed, the four members of the pathology team, whose identities were not disclosed, are to be hospitalized for 12 hours for testing and observation.

"We're dealing with the unknown and fear of the unknown," Mr. Cupido, the deputy coroner, said. "There's a clinical history in which two people have had to be hospitalized."
Old 02-02-2007, 07:06 AM
Master Fan

Short montage with scenes from Callie/George, Addex, Lexzie, Burkina, Maddison, Richard/Ellis, Meredith/George ...

YouTube - "The Way I Am" - Episode 3.14
Old 02-02-2007, 07:10 AM
New Fan

Link to article too long to quote that explains about chemotherapy and how the body produced the toxic fumes:
Analysis of a toxic death - dying patient in emergency room releases toxic fumes Discover - Find Articles