Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-13-2007, 03:02 PM
Master Fan

Ep 3.12 Discussion ~ Six Days Pt. 2

I think this will be considered eppy #12. Someone correct me if it's not.

From abc.com:
Quote:
After a successful operation on his heart, George's father undergoes surgery for his cancer, Thatcher Grey visits Seattle Grace in order to see his new granddaughter, and Meredith discovers that Derek has trouble sleeping soundly
TV-14
Old 01-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Elite Fan

Kinda quick to post this...don't ya think?

I'm glad the writers made this episode a two-parter. They definetly had enough story/drama to propel two episodes.

Can't wait to see the conclusion.

kenny | credit
Old 01-13-2007, 04:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TheKen- (View Post)
Kinda quick to post this...don't ya think?

I'm glad the writers made this episode a two-parter. They definetly had enough story/drama to propel two episodes.

Can't wait to see the conclusion.
Same here.
Love the quote in your sig. BTW
Old 01-13-2007, 04:46 PM
Master Fan

Sorry Double post
Old 01-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Master Fan

I thought Christy always posted the eppy threads on Saturday? Sorry if that's not the case.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:08 PM
Total Fan

It's all good Stephi . Christy would post it sometime during the weekend .

I can't wait to see the conclusion to part one .

ETA: But until then Golden Globes on Monday . Here's hoping our nominees and show wins .
Old 01-13-2007, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

I cannot wait to see how the episode ends
Old 01-13-2007, 09:49 PM
New Fan

Well I thought Part One was awesome. I even uploaded the promo for Part Two on YouTube but I'm not sure what is FanForums take on YouTube so might as well play it safe and not to post it...
Old 01-14-2007, 12:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdreamylover (View Post)
I thought Christy always posted the eppy threads on Saturday? Sorry if that's not the case.
No apologies...I just thought it felt too soon, since the episode had just aired on Thursday. Then again, I don't really come to this board as much.

kenny | credit
Old 01-14-2007, 02:53 PM
Passionate Fan

I am most looking forward to what happens with George's dad... I just love that man! Here's to hoping he makes it!

And then, of course, whatever the Addie/Mark issues are... Here's to hoping Addie has good reasons for whatever it is she's done or is doing...

And here's to hoping Burke stops acting like the whole ordeal was just Cristina's fault! He is the attending, he needs to start acting like one!

Ooh, and Meredith confronting her father, that should be interesting too...must take a lot of guts, so I hope that works out for her.

And Izzie/scoliosis girl... it does seem she's going to cross the line again... but I think we'll be expected to just think of her as being such a giving person and ignore the rule-breaking. It is a very generous thing to do... but I still am not sold on whether or not Izzie has learned yet. I mean, she didn't with the quints, but Denny... I figured that would bring it home. And yet...

Anyway, I can't wait! Last week's episode went by so fast!
Old 01-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
And Izzie/scoliosis girl... it does seem she's going to cross the line again... but I think we'll be expected to just think of her as being such a giving person and ignore the rule-breaking. It is a very generous thing to do... but I still am not sold on whether or not Izzie has learned yet. I mean, she didn't with the quints, but Denny... I figured that would bring it home. And yet...
Well, what she is going to do I honesty don't put in the same league with Denny. She definitely crossed the line with Denny. No doubt about that, but what Izzie is going to do happens constantly. Either threw paying medicine for your patients, or give free health care.
Spoiler:
What I have a problem with I don't want her to lose her compassion, and I grant you Izzie does have too much compassion . It's her double edge sword she does struggle with, but
Spoiler:
. She isn't crossing the lines IMO. I just feel a doctor needs compassion. Some doctors turn completely incompassionate and cold so they won't get affected by the cases. However, it's natural to be emotionally involved, and Izzie isn't the only character that gets emotionally involved. Addison does, Alex, Meredith, George, and etc because they are human. We get emotionally involved whether it be a video game or a tv show. I think Izzie has toned down her compassion(i.e. "Let The Angels Commit") and not fall in love with patients, but also have enough of it to use in a positive way.

Last edited by IsabelAmandaEvans; 01-14-2007 at 03:24 PM
Old 01-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Passionate Fan

Spoiler:

Plus, I guess I just don't think it's been made clear if Izzie has really learned to keep some distance or not.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:54 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Plus, I guess I just don't think it's been made clear if Izzie has really learned to keep some distance or not.
Well, that falls onto one of the many themes and journey of GA. Where is that distance? We know being with a patient is clearly crossing a line, but when is there too much or too little distance. Where is that line especially when all cases and patients are different. When you will react differently to each one. This is a theme that the writers talked about in podcasts and blogs, and that this distance line isn't as black and white as appears to be. It's very much shades of gray, and times very blurry. All of the characters one time or another have exhibited not being distant with their patients. George went against the confedential clause for an example in S2 which is the clause he has issue with, and will come into play in this episode . The writers purposely write the cases to relate to the characters, and how they are affected by the patients(i.e. from S1 dvd). This theme, however; centers on Izzie's series arc the most. I don't think we will honestly have a clear answer when Izzie has learned distance until close to the end of the series . Especially when her teachers and peers exhibited that they can't even learn distance themselves .

Last edited by IsabelAmandaEvans; 01-14-2007 at 05:14 PM
Old 01-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Extreme Fan

Personally, I don't think Izzie is stepping over the line with scoliosis girl. She's emotional and she cares, she gets involved. She just has to find the middle ground.

writer/muse soulmates
Old 01-14-2007, 06:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Spoiler: