Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-24-2006, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Derek/George Appreciation: Because George wanted Derek to feel him!

I loved seeing them interact this episode. I think it was the most we have ever seen. There dynamic was awesome and they had great chemistry. I hope them being stuck in the locker room bonded them and we will get to see more. What does everyone else think?
Old 09-25-2006, 03:25 AM
Master Fan

They also interacted a lot in an episode of S2, can't remember which one right now though. I loved it back then as well, since McDreamy makes me go and George is my fave character, so...

Thank you for opening the thread Callie! And I hope to see more scenes of them together in the future so we can keep it going
Old 09-25-2006, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

I gotta say, for two men I wasn't too fond of before this episode, I can see all kinds of great things emerging as they become better friends. That is, if they ever get there. They can both be very childish and very sorta snippy, for a lack of better word. So this promises to be a volatile relationship.

But, once the walls fall away, and they get right down to it, you can tell they're very similar in a lot of ways. Both unable to tell the person they really belong with (regardless of whether people are fans of Callie—and I am—or think she's the one for George, you gotta admit Meredith isn't the one right for him) that they love her (until now anyway, for Derek) because of some sort of phantom emotion they have for the person they think they belong with... How interesting.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:11 PM
Ultimate Fan

Meh I guess I am starting to like there friendship too, and hope they share more scene's together becuase the locker scene was just too funny ^_^
Old 09-25-2006, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
They can both be very childish and very sorta snippy, for a lack of better word. So this promises to be a volatile relationship.

But, once the walls fall away, and they get right down to it, you can tell they're very similar in a lot of ways. Both unable to tell the person they really belong with (regardless of whether people are fans of Callie—and I am—or think she's the one for George, you gotta admit Meredith isn't the one right for him) that they love her (until now anyway, for Derek) because of some sort of phantom emotion they have for the person they think they belong with... How interesting.
Hmmm...interesting way of looking at things, and rather insightful, I have to say. I think for the most part you've gotten to the heart of the matter with the both of them...especially with their shared dilemma when it comes to the whole love thing... Maybe Derek's advice to George will help make a difference for him, since it's a lesson that came a little on the late side where Derek himself is concerned...at least imo...
Old 09-25-2006, 08:30 PM
Extreme Fan

George bonds with like every character on the show! i love his realtionship with everyone like Bailey, Burke, Izzie, Alex, Meredith, Christina pretty much everyone and now Derek its great to see them interact. Together they are McBambi! lol
Old 09-26-2006, 02:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labyrith (View Post)
Together they are McBambi! lol

I think this thread needs a banner
Old 09-26-2006, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotica (View Post)
Hmmm...interesting way of looking at things, and rather insightful, I have to say. I think for the most part you've gotten to the heart of the matter with the both of them...especially with their shared dilemma when it comes to the whole love thing... Maybe Derek's advice to George will help make a difference for him, since it's a lesson that came a little on the late side where Derek himself is concerned...at least imo...
Well A lot of that is bourne out of a deep, deep, disatisfaction I had with both of them throughout last season, so maybe let's not rush to decide that I'm right on any of this.

But I do believe both of them have a tendency to be way too precious about their own emotions. They know they're good guys and that knowledge seems to stop them from actually being good guys, every now and then anyway, because they don't want to come out and do or say something that may somehow be the wrong thing to do... I find it frustrating.

This is a new season, though, and so there is hope.

McBambi... I love it!
Old 09-26-2006, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
George bonds with like every character on the show!
Oh I know...it's because he's just that likable...

Quote:
i love his realtionship with everyone like Bailey, Burke, Izzie, Alex, Meredith, Christina pretty much everyone and now Derek its great to see them interact. Together they are McBambi! lol
I all of his relationships with the characters as well...they're all so special in their own ways... And ...McBambi...I like that... Think it might actually work as name to describe us fans who support their friendship as well... Will wait to see what a few more people think though before I add it to the thread title...

Quote:
I think this thread needs a banner
I agree...

Quote:
Well A lot of that is bourne out of a deep, deep, disatisfaction I had with both of them throughout last season, so maybe let's not rush to decide that I'm right on any of this.
Fair enough...though you have to give me some credit for giving your thoughts credence...particularly with how much I actually George...

Quote:
But I do believe both of them have a tendency to be way too precious about their own emotions. They know they're good guys and that knowledge seems to stop them from actually being good guys, every now and then anyway, because they don't want to come out and do or say something that may somehow be the wrong thing to do... I find it frustrating.
This much is certainly true...and hell, when you really look at it written down like that, it looks just as awkward in the explanation, as it can actually be to 'see' it firsthand sometimes, so go figure...
Old 09-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that everyone on the show so easily bonds with George! He is just the sweetest guy that cares about everyone.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:39 AM
Master Fan

Ok, so I'll make a banner ASAP If anyone has any pics suggestions, let me know
Old 09-27-2006, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Beatriz- If you could find a screencap of that moment where George is all "Feel me!" and Derek is all "I'm not feeling you."... that'd be cool because that was hilarious.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callalily (View Post)
I love that everyone on the show so easily bonds with George! He is just the sweetest guy that cares about everyone.
Oh I know...he's just so easy to get along with...and you can tell how much he care about everybody...even those he doesn't always like all that much...

Bea...I'm looking forward to your banner...I'm sure it'll be great... And I'll second Sunny's request for a pic from the 'feel me'/'I'm not feeling you' moment...
Old 09-27-2006, 03:27 PM
Extreme Fan

I love George and Derek cause they really are so funny together. George is just totally sentimental hes the guy you would want as your best friend. He just understands and he definatly has the potential to be an amazing boyfriend. Derek is the guy everyone wants to be with. it honestly is like the popular boy and the nerd helping eachother out. The nerd helps the popular guy be nice and the popular boy teaches nerd to be cooler. It should be a moive lol!
Old 09-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It should be a moive lol!
Yes, it shoud

OK Sunny and Christy, I'll try that