Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, can't say I'm surprised. Arizona and Calzona have a huge storyline and still barely get 2 minutes. The cast is just too freaking big.

Last edited by ShortyK125; 10-03-2013 at 09:42 PM
Old 10-04-2013, 01:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortyK125 (View Post)
Yeah, can't say I'm surprised. Arizona and Calzona have a huge storyline and still barely get 2 minutes. The cast is just too freaking big.
I feel like I can only use the "cast is too big" reason for Arizona's lack of screentime, because I thought Callie got a substantial amount this episode.

I'm glad Callie was at least mature at the end (even though she made snide remarks about Arizona throughout the episode and pretty much made April and Leah uncomfortable). So Callie got to say her peace. When's Arizona's turn?
Old 10-04-2013, 06:23 AM
Extreme Fan

I hope and think that her time is still to come. Though I am not expecting loads but well a bit more than this.
Maybe she got so little because Jessica Capshaw was in Italy while filming.

and damn Why are they so heartbreaking damnit and some *other cursewords that are not allowed* . I am all emotional now because of them. I am not used to this

But I love that Callie aknowledges Arizona needs to go here and I still see the love : http://galeismineandiamhis.tumblr.com/post/63061302451

But looking at that last gif, Arizona's face in it .. heartbreaking.

They are really really good. They need to give them more screentime cause they are brilliant on screen.

Last edited by kiwimimi0101; 10-04-2013 at 06:48 AM
Old 10-04-2013, 08:20 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Quote:
I feel like I can only use the "cast is too big" reason for Arizona's lack of screentime, because I thought Callie got a substantial amount this episode.
Sadly, that's how it is. It's either an abundance of Callie and tiny Arizona, little Calzona and litte of each, or a bit of Arizona and little Callie (which doesn't happen often ).

Now we just have to wait and see where next week takes us.

Tori
Old 10-04-2013, 09:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't Have You (View Post)
Sadly, that's how it is. It's either an abundance of Callie and tiny Arizona, little Calzona and litte of each, or a bit of Arizona and little Callie (which doesn't happen often ).
Next week (and probably the next) seem like the "abundance of Callie and tiny Arizona" case.

Spoiler:

Oh yeah, along with Derek's "Arizona is not going to die" line last week and this week's anvil case for Callie, where the cheating wife died, I'm sensing a common theme here... I'm not actually expecting Arizona to die, but I'm... contemplative... or just crazy
Old 10-04-2013, 09:36 AM
Extreme Fan

I noticed those anvils to, but that would be just to depressing. I don't know if they'll take it that far. Though It did worry me.

I'm holding to another thing Dereks said. When they fix their marriage instead of if. He's a Calzona shipper too.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwimimi0101 (View Post)
I'm holding to another thing Dereks said. When they fix their marriage instead of if. He's a Calzona shipper too.
Yeah, he has no doubts that they will fix their marriage.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

"You wore the red dress and everything."
Old 10-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

And Callie's little half smile.

Tori
Old 10-06-2013, 06:43 AM
Master Fan

I kind of wish they didn't feel obligated to fit everyone into each episode. For example, if there is no big case it's not like the interns need to be in every scene. When each storyline is getting 2 minutes of airtime with each scene being 30-40 seconds long, it is problematic.

Now some couple's storylines are so out of control (aka effed up), and there is no way to repair it in a way that would be logic, built up, well-told, if there is no airtime given to the couples. If they have to a cast of 15-16 people, and each person HAS to get their minutes each episode, then perhaps they should consider simplifying some of the storylines told.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I kind of wish they didn't feel obligated to fit everyone into each episode.
I think if that's the case, then we probably wouldn't see Arizona in quite a few episodes. I'm afraid she'll be one of those characters "sacrificed" more so than the interns.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer6238 (View Post)
I think if that's the case, then we probably wouldn't see Arizona in quite a few episodes. I'm afraid she'll be one of those characters "sacrificed" more so than the interns.
I was just thinking that myself. Certain characters I tend to favour would probably receive zero airtime if this were the case. It's very sad that the interns are rammed down our throat while Arizona is barely getting airtime.

Calzona scenes I've watched thus far actually make me feel as if the story could be so much more if the appropriate airtime was given to them. I think they portray angst quite well.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I was just thinking that myself. Certain characters I tend to favour would probably receive zero airtime if this were the case. It's very sad that the interns are rammed down our throat while Arizona is barely getting airtime.

Calzona scenes I've watched thus far actually make me feel as if the story could be so much more if the appropriate airtime was given to them. I think they portray angst quite well.
I agree. Since the show has such a big cast they need to go and put half the season around some characters and then switch
Old 10-06-2013, 03:25 PM
Master Fan

I think if they needed to upgrade Jo for the sake of Alex's storyline then the others could have been recurring. I guess they weren't creative enough to think of ways to explain why Jo was on the show more than the other interns.

I loved the last Calzona scene from last episode. It was incredibly sad but so well acted.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:56 PM
Master Fan

It's amazing what Sara and Jessica can do with just a minute of screen time. And I can't stop listening to You and I.

"Out of all the girls, you're my one and only girl."