Old 08-31-2015, 08:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Would love to see Jo dressed up again.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

She looks really nice with her hair cut
Old 09-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah the Grey's ladies are rocking the shorter hair.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

even though I prefer long , but they made it really suitable.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

At least it'll be more believable when they're working on patients
Old 09-04-2015, 06:23 AM
Loyal Fan

According to the EW scoop Jo will be struggling with not feeling as good of a doctor as Stephanie. I can only hope that this means that they'll focus on her career already and give her a specialty where she can blossom.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:20 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't get why she'd feel that way... last season Stephanie was sort of mediocre
Old 09-04-2015, 08:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Jo had less going on as a doctor than Steph though so if Steph is mediocre, does that make Jo below average?

She didn't have a mentor or many good doctoring scenes last season. And apparently Jerrika mentioned in an interview that Stephanie won Chief Resident, so I could see Jo struggling with that. Maybe she'll also have problems managing the interns, we saw that Steph mentored them a little in the season finale.

Jo's apparently always been a top student and she's anything but lazy so either she hasn't found her calling yet and that's why she feels not good enough or it's because she's just not meant to be a surgeon. But they did that storyline with Leah already and I doubt that Jo is not good enough, maybe all she needs is a good mentor who believes in her.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:54 AM
Loyal Fan

I agree, they just didn't focus much on Jo last season. It makes sense that Stephanie is better and I don't have a problem with that. However the spoilers also say that this season Stephanie's "very interesting backstory" will be explained and that just felt like a punch in the gut. Will Shonda ever dive into Jo's past? It is a huge part of what makes Jo Jo and they still haven't explored it.

Idk but these spoilers sure dampened my excitement.
Old 09-04-2015, 11:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Ouch, I hadn't read Stephanie's scoop. That indeed feels like a blow to my stomach. Steph's already the better doctor, now she's getting a hot intern boyfriend and a very interesting backstory.

I had always imagined that Steph would be the one being defined by her current actions while Jo would be the character with the interesting past. Now it seems that Steph is getting it all. I don't bedgrudge her that. I like her better than some of the other characters and she didn't have much going on for a very long time. But people always compare her and Jo and now it looks like Jo will fall behind even more. I can only hope that Jo will get some very interesting material too. If her only material will be feeling not as good enough as Steph and third wheeling Merlex and being disliked by Mer again then goodbye Jo. Soon she'll be everyone's least favorite character if Shonda doesn't step up her game with her a little more.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:22 PM
Loyal Fan

I feel the same, Jo needs some focus badly but why doesn't Shonda find it necessary to show more of her very interesting past?
Old 09-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolillies (View Post)
I don't get why she'd feel that way... last season Stephanie was sort of mediocre
yeah she was not that great
Old 09-07-2015, 09:20 AM
Elite Fan

The problem with Stephanie is that she's always had so much screentime but she's never actually doing anything during it. She's had nothing of substance since she arrived unless you count her storyline as a walking plot point for April/Jackson. Despite this, she's the best in ALL the specialties from what I can see, gets screentime with all the other regulars and often more screentime (doing nothing) then other long serving characters. Meanwhile Ben and Jo are also residents but had the roles reduced to love interests only last season.

I really hope that Jo gets more focus this season and that we see her advance in her career as well as her relationship.

My Tumblr
My Twitter