Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-11-2014, 06:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Boy & Girl Shepherd [Derek & Amelia] #1: "I don't want you to know that pain exists." (Derek to Amelia)

I don't know why I think this this but I'm wondering if the case of the motorcycle victim in episode 3 will come back in either an M&M or a law suit. Derek taking it from Amelia behind her back. It seemed like he might have taken a different approach to reach the bleed than might be usual. And then they made a point of having the suction canister be full so it didn't work. Interesting storyine if Derek got in trouble, and Amelia was the one who had to discipline him. Might just be enough for him not to get the department back if he tried (at least for a while).
Old 10-11-2014, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

There's never one approach to get to a bleeding in a brain, there are better approach, but not one and if the bleeding was too much, sometimes you just open the whole thing to get to it...so I dont really think this will come again. As for Amelia having to reprimand him as she's now the Head of Neuro, maybe, it's a dynamic I guess the show is going to explore now that the siblings work together and have certainly, some issues to solve...

Icon by Jaje
Old 10-11-2014, 03:21 PM
Master Fan

Can a mod maybe turn this into a Derek/Amelia thread, since I've been thinking we need one for a while... If not, I can start one. Because this is one relationship on the show that definitely has plenty to discuss about.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

Definitely agree is a relationship with plenty to discover....

Icon by Jaje
Old 10-11-2014, 05:12 PM
Master Fan

I'm looking forward to more brother/sister scenes. It's certainly a twist with Amelia being Derek's boss. I knew they would explore that since Derek vocalized giving the department to Amelia. And I knew Derek wouldn't handle it lightly.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:58 PM
Master Fan

Stupid brainman!

Icon by Jaje
Old 10-12-2014, 07:15 AM
Master Fan

Boy & Girl Shepherd [Derek & Amelia] #1: "I don't want you to know that pain exists." (Derek to Amelia)

Old 10-12-2014, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Tftnt

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | πŸ’š 𝓳𝒢𝒿𝑒
Old 10-12-2014, 07:48 AM
Master Fan

tftnt! these two together is one of my favvvvvvvourite dynamics.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:56 AM
Master Fan

Jaje, can you move the posts from the other thread over?

I just had another realization. Derek was in a motorcycle accident himself. He told Meredith that in season 1. And the patient he and Amy were fighting over just happened to be in a motorcycle accident. Definitely some interesting patient storylines they've been choosing for Derek and Amelia.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:22 PM
Master Fan

That's right! I had always wanted to know when that accident happened, who was involved....would had been interesting if both Amelia and Derek were involved somehow...but as this case passed and there wasnt any throw back to it, I guess then it wasnt Derek/Amelia related...

Icon by Jaje
Old 10-13-2014, 03:37 PM
Master Fan

It could come up later. Foreshadowing? Idk?
Old 10-13-2014, 07:19 PM
Master Fan

Maybe...

Anyway, I just rewatched 11x03 and some things called my attention. Derek said twice that Amy was a good surgeon and that she didnt have anything to prove, yet at some point Derek said to April, it's too much for her. Regardless of how it looked like Derek was being an ass, stealing Amelia's surgery....could it be that he fears that her sister could break down if there's too much pressure on her? Derek told her once, as it's pointed in the OP, that he never wanted for her to know pain...and from the beginning he said the motorcircle guy was a goner...he didnt really believe the guy had a chance and he wanted to kind of take over if tne guy, indeed, died...

Just a thougt though....I might be grasping in the air! LOL

Icon by Jaje
Old 10-13-2014, 07:57 PM
Master Fan

It's a repeating cycle with Derek. He's always trying to protect her. In season 8, when she came to Seattle with a patient, he told her that he didn't want her to get her hopes up. He made the comment about her not being strong enough to handle the case, since the chances of a good outcome were slim.

She tells him this:

Quote:
"I am not fragile. I'm a drug addict. I've fallen off the wagon twice and I've gotten back on it. That doesn't make you fragile, Derek, that makes you very freaking strong."
He's always trying to protect her. She's his baby sister, so that makes sense. He probably always protected her when she was a kid too. He's been protecting her his whole life, and his eyes, she'll always be his little sister. She wants him to see her as a surgeon and respect her as an adult. It'll be interesting to see as this relationship develops. Bringing Amelia to Grey's was a good decision, because this is one sibling relationship that I think has always needed more exploring.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Derek definitely does try to protect her and that doesn't usually go over all that well. But when I wanted him to protect her was in episode 11.01 when he left Amelia with Mr Peterson in bad shape and took the consult for himself (I know she told him she could handle it). But Amelia's fiancΓ©'s last name was Peterson, and that little boy was about Amelia's age when she found out her father was never coming home. I know he went with her to tell them, and maybe the way they spoke was their little brother/sister banter, but I wanted him to check in to make sure she was alright.