Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2015, 07:24 PM
Master Fan

Or maybe just have the originals who were on the show for 10 seasons (Meredith, Derek, Cristina, Bailey, Richard, Alex?) i understand that everyone wants their ship to be involved, but the way characters leave/die/change relationships on this show, it's kind of hard to base a banner on the *current* season and the *current* ships since they change so abruptly. And I think the show is moving away from being based around the ships. I know they're still important for the people who are still passionately involved in the show, but it's hard to base a banner *just* on the ships, if that makes sense. That's why I say just include the 10-season regulars. 10 seasons is a long time to be on a show, after all, and I think it's safe to say most people know those six.

Even just Meredith, Derek, and Cristina would make sense, since they were the highest billed cast for many years. Or Meredith, Derek, Cristina, and Alex -- since Alex is a long-time fan favorite. I understand that Bailey and Richard don't have big fanbases, so it wouldn't be too upsetting to leave them out even though they're originals.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:50 AM
Elite Fan

How about:

Meredith Grey
Alex Karev
Miranda Bailey
Richard Webber
Callie Torres
Owen Hunt
Arizona Robbins
Jackson Avery
April Kepner
Derek Shepherd
Jo Wilson
Stephanie Edwards
Amelia Shepherd
Possibly Christina Yang

That is thirteen or fourteen characters and covers the originals as well as the newer characters which many fans love. For anyone who many be concerned about how small the characters will get you currently have eleven characters so I doubt that the faces will be that much smaller to add in two more characters. Downton Abbey is an example of thirteen characters and Twilight is an example of fourteen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)
I don't ureally nderstand those links, is the first one on the row I'm supposed to be looking at?
The Design Seeds website is a good resource site with colour scheme examples. I linked to a variety of suggestions for you to take a look at and see if you find any you like. Or maybe you would prefer to look through the site yourself and find another. I was not pointing out any particular one on those links, it was all of them. It is just to help get you all thinking of different colour scheme possibilities . I was mainly looking at colours similar to what you have now and greys but maybe you want something entirely different? I have no idea, I was just trying to help get things rolling .
Old 11-05-2015, 08:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by room to breathe (View Post)
How about:

Meredith Grey
Alex Karev
Miranda Bailey
Richard Webber
Callie Torres
Owen Hunt
Arizona Robbins
Jackson Avery
April Kepner
Derek Shepherd
Jo Wilson
Stephanie Edwards
Amelia Shepherd
Possibly Christina Yang

That is thirteen or fourteen characters and covers the originals as well as the newer characters which many fans love. For anyone who many be concerned about how small the characters will get you currently have eleven characters so I doubt that the faces will be that much smaller to add in two more characters.
That is A LOT of characters, in my opinion. And while the graphics team did a nice job on the current banner, it does look crowded ... it would be a bummer if the faces were any smaller than they are now.

Greys presents a unique situation since it has a large cast and a lot of turnover. Even if the show goes several more seasons through fifteen, it is likely the banner will represent the show after it is off the air. Therefore, I think it is a good idea to use the characters that were on for 10 seasons. They represent the show as the universally known faces of Greys, no matter which period of time you watched the show. It avoids the problem of the banner just being a snapshot in time, and rather represents the entire series as a whole.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like the first suggestion of the characters much better, with the second one the banner is going to be so crowded.

Icon: Nikki
Old 11-05-2015, 10:52 AM
Elite Fan

I think the current cast should be on the banner since they represent the show as it is now. I don't see the point of including characters that aren't on the show any longer with the exception of McDreamy as they're basically not here anymore and don't represent the show anymore.

Is this the only chance for recustomisation or will it be done again in another few years?

Quote:
That is thirteen or fourteen characters and covers the originals as well as the newer characters which many fans love. For anyone who many be concerned about how small the characters will get you currently have eleven characters so I doubt that the faces will be that much smaller to add in two more characters. Downton Abbey is an example of thirteen characters and Twilight is an example of fourteen.
I think this is the best suggestion although since Cristina is gone maybe replace her with Maggie? It means everyone who's currently in the show can be involved and fans visiting the board will be satisfied.

My Tumblr
My Twitter

Last edited by Chastidy; 11-05-2015 at 10:58 AM
Old 11-05-2015, 11:04 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

We rotate all the boards in the fanforum system so they all get a chance to be recustomized, this could be a while but starting from two years after the customization you can request a change if the moderators feel it's necessary on which we (Rae and myself) will decide.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:25 PM
Master Fan

It looks like the last time we were recustomized was season 6.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Stargirl (View Post)
That is A LOT of characters, in my opinion. And while the graphics team did a nice job on the current banner, it does look crowded ... it would be a bummer if the faces were any smaller than they are now.

Greys presents a unique situation since it has a large cast and a lot of turnover. Even if the show goes several more seasons through fifteen, it is likely the banner will represent the show after it is off the air. Therefore, I think it is a good idea to use the characters that were on for 10 seasons. They represent the show as the universally known faces of Greys, no matter which period of time you watched the show. It avoids the problem of the banner just being a snapshot in time, and rather represents the entire series as a whole.
I second this...
Old 11-06-2015, 01:28 AM
Elite Fan

The banner gets changed every five years. We don't know how long the show will go on for but it will be redone again in the future. There's a big cast but wouldn't it make more sense for the banner to reflect the current cast? It can always be changed again in the future..

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 11-06-2015, 02:33 AM
Elite Fan

There is no guarantee that a board will be redone in any amount of years. I have no idea where you get five from but that is not true. As Mel said, but after two years the board can be taken into consideration again to be redone. It will be redone at some point in the future unless the board closes before we get to it again. It is not a permanent change, it will however be around for at least two years. Would more people prefer to see a general representation of the show or what the show looks like at this point?

For a more general representation would that be (or just the first six):
Meredith Grey
Derek Shepherd
Christina Yang
Alex Karev
Miranda Bailey
Richard Webber
Callie Torres
Owen Hunt
Arizona Robbins
Old 11-06-2015, 03:07 AM
Elite Fan

Room to breathe I guessed five as last time it was done was season six (bad maths as I think that would make it six years). I clearly should have included 5 years was my guess. My general point was that it could be done again at some point and the change wasn't permanent so I didnt see the harm in a banner that represents the show with its current cast.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 11-06-2015, 03:29 AM
Elite Fan

(You can call me Rae by the way ) This board was chosen as a reward by one of the GT members so is being done earlier than it would have been anyway. There are numerous reasons as to why certain boards get redone when they do but the length of time is usually not one of them and the time between customisations varies. This board was last done in 2008 which was seven years ago (although I believe it was not put up until 2009 which would make it closer to six), but there are still boards which were last done in 2007 which we have not gotten to yet. It takes a long time to get through all of the boards and how long each board has to wait varies. I understand the point you were trying to make but no one can put a time limit on how long you will have a customisation for. One Direction and Once Upon a Time for example only had theirs for three/four years before they were redone as their graphics were already outdated and we felt they needed redoing. That is the case here as well as half the characters in the graphic have left the show.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:02 AM
Elite Fan

Ah ok Rae I get what you're saying now and have a better understanding of the process. Thanks for explaining

Based on the above then it's hard to know what to do. I still think a banner with current characters is the best move because it reflects where the show is at now. I guess I just don't see the point in including past characters because they're not featured in the show anymore so don't represent it anymore..

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 11-06-2015, 04:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by room to breathe (View Post)
There is no guarantee that a board will be redone in any amount of years. I have no idea where you get five from but that is not true. As Mel said, but after two years the board can be taken into consideration again to be redone. It will be redone at some point in the future unless the board closes before we get to it again. It is not a permanent change, it will however be around for at least two years. Would more people prefer to see a general representation of the show or what the show looks like at this point?

For a more general representation would that be (or just the first six):
Meredith Grey
Derek Shepherd
Christina Yang
Alex Karev
Miranda Bailey
Richard Webber
Callie Torres
Owen Hunt
Arizona Robbins
I think this would eb a good choice

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 11-10-2015, 01:05 AM
Elite Fan

Have we decided what characters the majority would like to see here? The current regulars or the general representation? I am not trying to rush anyone, it is just that the sooner the team knows who to include the sooner we can start working on the graphic.