Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2015, 05:17 PM
Elite Fan

Board Recustomization

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customizing message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or color suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colors will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colors will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customized look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customized will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customization process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customization thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customized.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colors get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 11-03-2015, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So excited

I think some gray would be nice. And I hope we get the newer people on the banner. Especially some oldies now like Arizona, Jackson, April.
Old 11-04-2015, 12:27 AM
Elite Fan

Since this show has a large cast I would like to remind you all that the more characters you include the smaller they will be. This board is actually one of my go-to boards for an example of a large cast with small faces. Having a lot of characters in the banner is presumably unavoidable but I just want you to keep that in mind. It is not plausible to have everyone's favourite characters included. I would suggest keeping your list under fifteen characters. The sooner we can have a basic idea on who the majority would like to see included the better as well as it gives the Graphics Team more time to work on creating the best possible graphic for you all.

I would not class myself as a fan of the show but I am familiar enough with the first nine seasons of the show to presume that these are important characters who must be included:
Meredith Grey
Alex Karev
Miranda Bailey
Richard Webber
Callie Torres
Owen Hunt
Arizona Robbins
Jackson Avery
April Kepner

Is there anyone else that people would like to see included? Would you like to see Derek still included since he was such a large part of the show and Meredith's life? How about Christina?

Also is there an order of importance of the characters (Meredith should obviously be the most prominent)? Are there any characters who should be next to each other or should not be near each other?

Some colour ideas First Lot, Second Lot, Third Lot ..
Old 11-04-2015, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree I think that the character question is the hardest or biggest one
what about Amelia? or Jo?

Rae, your first and third lot are the same

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 11-04-2015, 02:10 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you for pointing that out. I have fixed the last link now.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:30 AM
Master Fan

I think Derek should still be on the banner. He was the show's McDreamy for over a decade.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by room to breathe (View Post)
Thank you for pointing that out. I have fixed the last link now.
You're welcome

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 11-04-2015, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Stargirl (View Post)
I think Derek should still be on the banner. He was the show's McDreamy for over a decade.
I totally agree.

Icon: Nikki
Old 11-04-2015, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by room to breathe (View Post)
Since this show has a large cast I would like to remind you all that the more characters you include the smaller they will be. This board is actually one of my go-to boards for an example of a large cast with small faces. Having a lot of characters in the banner is presumably unavoidable but I just want you to keep that in mind. It is not plausible to have everyone's favourite characters included. I would suggest keeping your list under fifteen characters. The sooner we can have a basic idea on who the majority would like to see included the better as well as it gives the Graphics Team more time to work on creating the best possible graphic for you all.

I would not class myself as a fan of the show but I am familiar enough with the first nine seasons of the show to presume that these are important characters who must be included:
Meredith Grey
Alex Karev
Miranda Bailey
Richard Webber
Callie Torres
Owen Hunt
Arizona Robbins
Jackson Avery
April Kepner

Is there anyone else that people would like to see included? Would you like to see Derek still included since he was such a large part of the show and Meredith's life? How about Christina?

Also is there an order of importance of the characters (Meredith should obviously be the most prominent)? Are there any characters who should be next to each other or should not be near each other?

Some colour ideas First Lot, Second Lot, Third Lot ..
I think that list + Derek would be great. The other regulars have been on the show a couple of seasons but haven't had that great of an impact, and we can't keep everyone in.

I don't ureally nderstand those links, is the first one on the row I'm supposed to be looking at?
Old 11-04-2015, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Stargirl (View Post)
I agree just because he is done does not mean he should be gone from the pics.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

You can't have a banner without McDreamy.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
I agree I think that the character question is the hardest or biggest one
what about Amelia? or Jo?

Rae, your first and third lot are the same
I'd really love it if we could include Jo. Maybe have the couples next to each other? For that adding Amelia would make sense too. It's just been Alex all by himself all these years and I'd be so happy if this time his girlfriend was included too.

I know I'll probably be shut down but I wanted to try.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

What about christina? I feel like she's such an important character even if she's not on the show anymore.

i love you. ♡
Old 11-04-2015, 04:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Since you encouraged us all to speak up and since you wrote this:
Quote:
Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us
I'd like to voice my opinion.

I think we should stick to the current cast + Derek because I think we shouldn't leave McDreamy out. I know some characters have joined later and some are not as significant as others, but since the Graphic Team wants a banner that most people who post here appreciate, can't we include at least all ships that have active threads here? I'm the last person to exclude Richard and Bailey for example since they are originals, but they don't really have active fans here who post continously so I'm not sure how upset fans would be if they weren't on the banner. Whereas I think that Jolex and Omelia fans would probably not so much like having the only ships not fully included in the banner. At least that's probably how I would feel since I'm posting here daily.

I guess it depends on which route we as the fandom wanna go. Appreciate the characters who have been on the show for longer or add those characters to the banner who have active fans posting here daily.

I assume that if anyone, it will be Jolex and Omelia fans speaking up now because otherwise Jo and Amelia won't be on the banner, but I hope we'll find the solution that will please most people.
Old 11-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)
I think that list + Derek would be great. The other regulars have been on the show a couple of seasons but haven't had that great of an impact, and we can't keep everyone in.
I agree with this suggestion!!! It would be crazy cluttered with more than that. I guess cases could also be made for including Stephanie and Ben if we're going to start including later classes of residents, but at some point everyone won't fit.