Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-15-2014, 10:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsbootycall (View Post)
​But as it was shown on screen, April has no hard feelings towards Stephanie. Like, at all. She didn't blame her for hooking up with Jackson. She's always been friendly with her and even invited her to her wedding. I don't think someone invites someone to the biggest event of their life thus far if they are harboring ill feelings towards them. She felt horrible about running off with Jackson and hurting Stephanie. I think fans project their own feelings towards Stephanie as April's personal feelings and that's not accurate.

​So, I will remain in a boat of my own with the thought that April and Stephanie developing a mentorship would not be a stretch. Hell, look at Jackson/Lexie/Mark. It happens.
I'm not projecting with April at all. What I'm saying Stephanie wanting to be friends with April makes no sense. I was speaking from Steph's POV the whole time
Icon by Christina
Old 08-15-2014, 10:23 AM
Passionate Fan

Stephanie had no idea that Jackson and April were in denial about their feelings for each other. APRIL set her up with Jackson. And, okay, so she slept with him on the first date but hello I'm sorry if I was Stephanie, I would have done the same damn thing. No lie. Look at him for crying out loud.

Jackson strung her along even though he knew he was in love with someone else. He used her as "sexual alcohol" as Jesse so kindly put it. But Stephanie didn't know that. All she knew was THE Jackson Avery was interested in her and she liked sleeping with him. There's no crime in that.

Stephanie was not the bad guy in this scenario. Jackson was. He used her. He strung her along. He even introduced her to his mother. And then he humiliated her in front of everyone she works with. She sucked it up and took it like a woman and she has moved on.

I get the we Japril fans want to villainize her because she was with Jackson when he should've been with April, but that was not her fault. And Jerrika freaking rocks. She's hilarious, I love her. So, yeah..

The only thing Stephanie is guilty of is having sex on the first date with a man that became her boyfriend for 9 months (how dare she) and then.. I don't know, not telepathically knowing that Jackson and April were really in love with each other.

As far as why would Stephanie want to be friends with April? I've mentioned twice below that *if* Stephanie were to take an interest in trauma, then I could see them developing a mentorship/friendship. April is easy to love. ALSO.. APRIL was not Stephanie's boyfriend. She didn't owe Stephanie the respect that Jackson did. April didn't interrupt her own wedding. So, really, I don't see Stephanie harboring any hard feelings towards April. Jackson.. on the other hand.. will probably remain on her ish list for the rest of time.

WHY would Jackson want to be friends with Mark, who his girlfriend was clearly in love with? It's Grey's. That's why.

Last edited by Edsbootycall; 08-15-2014 at 10:29 AM
Old 08-15-2014, 10:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
​But as it was shown on screen, April has no hard feelings towards Stephanie. Like, at all. She didn't blame her for hooking up with Jackson. She's always been friendly with her and even invited her to her wedding. I don't think someone invites someone to the biggest event of their life thus far if they are harboring ill feelings towards them. She felt horrible about running off with Jackson and hurting Stephanie. I think fans project their own feelings towards Stephanie as April's personal feelings and that's not accurate.

​So, I will remain in a boat of my own with the thought that April and Stephanie developing a mentorship would not be a stretch. Hell, look at Jackson/Lexie/Mark. It happens.
Yeah I agree with you about fans projecting their own feelings & you're right about April not harbouring ill feelings towards Stephanie, but that's just April, a loving, giving & forgiving person but I guess I don't see her deliberately developing a friendship with Stephanie. Also Stephanie was invited to the wedding so that she could bring Jackson, lol. I guess I still remember Stephanie calling April "the dud" & I can't really get past that. Another thing that would bother April is how it was broken to Stephanie that her boyfriend was in love with his ex, April hated having to hurt 2 people so maybe she would try to make amends but not I think to the extent of becoming friends.....

I think we can agree to disagree on this, lol

Last edited by FaziO; 08-15-2014 at 10:31 AM
Old 08-15-2014, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

He was friends/working with Mark BEFORE he was involved with Lexie, wasn't he? That makes a huge difference.

There is no reason for Steph and April to be friends. Let it go.
Icon by Christina
Old 08-15-2014, 10:31 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshgirlly908 (View Post)
He was friends/working with Mark BEFORE he was involved with Lexie, wasn't he? That makes a huge difference.

There is no reason for Steph and April to be friends. Let it go.
Stephanie worked with April BEFORE she hooked up with Jackson as well. So you let it go. No need to be so damn sensitive over a TELEVISION SHOW. Take a chill pill.

We're all entitled to voice our opinions, damn.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Stephanie worked with April BEFORE she hooked up with Jackson as well. So you let it go. No need to be so damn sensitive over a TELEVISION SHOW. Take a chill pill.

We're all entitled to voice our opinions, damn.
Back off.

Please leave Stephanie out of this thread.
Icon by Christina
Old 08-15-2014, 10:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Back off.

WHAT?

I'm discussing a show. You're getting your panties twisted over a hypothetical discussion over a fictional friendship between fictional characters. Perhaps you should back off.

​And I will discuss Stephanie AS PART OF JACKSON AND APRIL'S future storyline as long as damn well please. Thank you ever so kindly
Old 08-15-2014, 10:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

Wow guyz, lets play nice & lets just agree to disagree ok
Old 08-15-2014, 10:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaziO (View Post)
Lol Jackie, you're surely stirring the pot. April has shown that she's the bigger person when Stephanie was on her service, but being friends with her (even for the sake of a little comedy), I don't see that happening. I personally don't like the character of Stephanie at all, but Jerrika is a great actress, because lol she makes me hate Stephanie. Stephanie really showed no class by sleeping with Jackson on the first date (in his car no less) & we've seen no layers to her character. Aside from drooling over Jackson all the time & being impressed with his looks & fortune, she showed no depth, which I think they tried to correct in the last scenes with Bailey, to maybe give her a SL going forward. April's soft-hearted & forgiving but she's shown that she's no pushover either (the way she stood up to Webber was great) so I don't really see them developing a friendship or mentorship with Stephanie.
This!!
Old 08-15-2014, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

Plus Jackson left Lexie for Mark. Stephanie was dumped by Jackson in public for April. Its not the same thing.
Icon by Christina
Old 08-15-2014, 10:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

Ok.. I have to say though..I'm convinced April invited Steph simply because she wanted Jackson to come to her wedding as her best friend. Of course she resented Steph on some level. She didn't want to, she tried not to, she did her best to be a professional and did a great job at that. In the end though, April still is a redblooded human sentient woman, so I'm certain she did to some extent. If not she didn't love Jackson, and I'm pretty sure she has loved him for a rather long time.

I'm all for mentorship though. But friendship?

ETA: Just caught up with the reading..EBC..appreciate your candor and to each her own..but I can honestly say that if I were Steph, an intern taking my job seriously, I would NOT have slept with Jackson on the first date. My integrity etc definitely comes first. Don't care how fine he is. He'd have to wait until the third date at least, and he better bring his a-game, give me flowers and charm the hell out of me if he wants to get the privilege of getting in my pants

Also..I think S took the whole ordeal with grace, but on the day of the wedding she almost told Jackson she loved him. Of course April with her ginormous ring and baby bump stings her eyes..she represents the future Steph wished for but is never going to have. This doesn't mean she isn't over Jackson, but honestly, I think it will take time.

Last edited by Haspen; 08-15-2014 at 11:13 AM
Old 08-15-2014, 10:49 AM
Loyal Fan

woahh what did i walk into
how about we do this QS game huh lets do that ladies lets be happy and merry
Icon - TV Fanatic90
Old 08-15-2014, 10:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah I knew you'd agree with me Carina, lol, we think the same, lol.
I've actually just been thinking about the lack of updates of Japril fanfics & I just realized why (well aside from the writers having lives outside of fanland, lol) Japril are happily married & with a baby on the way so its probably difficult to write them pre-happiness....
Old 08-15-2014, 10:52 AM
Master Fan

No I remember why I stopped posting here....
Icon by Christina
Old 08-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
No I remember why I stopped posting here....
Yeah because how dare people suggest April and Stephanie have a mentorship. And how dare we suggest Stephanie isn't the devil. Omg. The HORRORS.

Cracking up.