Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-30-2014, 04:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justathought (View Post)
We already missed one big baby moment...the first time they heard the heartbeat. Since she already had the 10 week ultrasound. I guess I will chalk that up to another imagined moment.

This is what is getting way to frustrating. I thought we would have something to look forward to before 11x5 and it would spiral up from there.

I am disappointed. They are sacrificing our cute moments for the sake of Maggie and it is insulting right now.

IMO
That's true. Didn't think of that. Technically, that would have been last season, the season of missed opportunity. If they don't show us Jackson feeling the baby kick for the first time I will be beyond mad.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele22 (View Post)
I'm with ya Effy. It doesn't bother me either and it's kinda getting to be a drag reading over and over the discontent. I'm not saying everyone should like Maggie and I understand the frustration but us japril fans know very well what it's like already. Season 9b and 10a were the worst for us and we got through that and we will get through this too. Seems like people are only happy when japril are the main focus and nothing else. It can't be like that all the time. It's not our time right now, but it will be sooner or later, just need some patience. It always comes around to our turn eventually.
Same. So, Maggie has one full episode we still have over 20 more and I'm waiting for the second ultrasound.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSam4Life (View Post)
Same. So, Maggie has one full episode we still have over 20 more and I'm waiting for the second ultrasound.
That would be the 3rd. They had 2 in season 10. We only saw them coming out of the second one when she wanted to send the pic to her mom. But I am definitely looking forward to this next one! I want cuteness overload
Old 09-30-2014, 05:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

See I really don't mind the Maggie/Meredith/Richard storyline, I like Maggie (probably the only one that does). It's taking up airtime but I find it interesting so it does not bother me as much. What bothers me is that all couples except Calzona are getting little to no airtime!!!

I mean last episode they got there own patient storyline line and 3-4 minutes of airtime. Meanwhile, japril and merder who are also fan favorites got 39 seconds-1 minute of air time. Like I could care less about their storyline together or apart, but I don't understand why you guys aren't more mad about them because it seems like every episode description has them in it or half the patients every episode are for them, not to mention that every season they get like 1-2 episodes centered around them. It also bothers me how japril are the ones who are pregnant and becoming first time parents yet all the baby sides seem to be for them.

But for those of you who are mad about Maggie being the center of attention right now. I think it will pass because it may only be because shonda said it would be a "Meredith centered season" and usually when shonda gives interviews about what sort of season it will be she is usually talking the first couple of episodes after that the tide usually shifts. Like the "season of romance" never panned out as we know. So just be patient I am sure by the 7th episode there will be more japril.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That would be the 3rd. They had 2 in season 10. We only saw them coming out of the second one when she wanted to send the pic to her mom. But I am definitely looking forward to this next one! I want cuteness overload
When was the first one?
Old 09-30-2014, 05:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSam4Life (View Post)
When was the first one?
The "blueberry" one. Where they weren't happy.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The "blueberry" one. Where they weren't happy.
Oh, ok. I thought I missed something
Old 09-30-2014, 06:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsbootycall (View Post)
You mean you're not super excited to see Maggie and Meredith bitch fight for episode after episode after episode all the while Maggie having solemn alone moments where the poor thing reflects on her sister hating her followed by Webber lurking in the corner feeling bad that Maggie is his daughter after which Maggie makes shocking announcements and insults the board and then befriends the nurse from the 3rd floor? Gosh I don't see why not. That's must watch TV right there.

And hey, if you're not into that, maybe Callie's robotic leg for soldiers will be your cup of tea!
All of this. And yes, Calzona gets WAY too much airtime. I smell "someone being related to Steven Spielberg so I will give them all the airtime" syndrome. Oops, did I say that lol?!! I still have hope though. I am not watching Thursday though-I can find something else less boring to watch. And hey, we CAN see Sarah on Top Chef tomrrow night on Bravo at 10:00. And Jesse wrote a piece for CNN.com.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maultsby627 (View Post)
All of this. And yes, Calzona gets WAY too much airtime. I smell "someone being related to Steven Spielberg so I will give them all the airtime" syndrome. Oops, did I say that lol?!! I still have hope though. I am not watching Thursday though-I can find something else less boring to watch. And hey, we CAN see Sarah on Top Chef tomrrow night on Bravo at 10:00. And Jesse wrote a piece for CNN.com.
I laughed so hard. Not looking forward to all the Calzona...it's the same old same. Ew. Their story never changes. Just put them out of their misery already. If only Arizona's fellowship will lead to her leaving the show...oops.

Tbh I hope they don't drop the religion topic with Japril. It's a very real issue that I've known couples to face and it can get ugly, but I think it's an important subject. 7th Heaven did it with Matt and Sarah in a sense, since one was raised by a minister and the other a rabbi. Though there was never really closure with them. I'd have loved a follow up.

Grey's is good at putting couples in controversy situations, though I would say that the religion topic isn't a deal breaker. Truthfully, when it's all said and done, I think MerDer, Japril and maybe Jolex will be the only couples together. 50% of marriages end in divorce. I think Calzona is next.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

Truthfully, I didn't watch the premiere. I knew it would be a snoozefest. And honestly I have so much on my plate right now, I cannot devote an hour of my time to crap. Once I hear Japril storyline picked up, I will tune in again.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:11 AM
Loyal Fan

All the couples/characters need their own screentime to have a development, I get that. And I get that our SL it's not relevant right now, but even if we don't get a lot of Japril the first episodes, I think they deserve at least, good cases. I hope Jackson/Jesse gets a good SL with the board And April gets some case for her, not for another doctor.

I need to have expectations for something
Old 10-01-2014, 06:17 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLua (View Post)
All the couples/characters need their own screentime to have a development, I get that. And I get that our SL it's not relevant right now, but even if we don't get a lot of Japril the first episodes, I think they deserve at least, good cases. I hope Jackson/Jesse gets a good SL with the board And April gets some case for her, not for another doctor.

I need to have expectations for something
I think that is what is causing so much frustration. All the cases listed in the sides don't look like they have anything to do with J or A until 11x5. The only possibility in 11x2 is the case in which we saw the BTS clip with Amelia, Maggie and April. Since it is the Maggie centric episode I think April will just be window dressing.
I hoped for more.
Bill Harper wrote this episode and I so love his work.
IMO it is a shame it is being used to endear Maggie to the audience instead of further along the existing cast stories.

That is actually probably why we didn't get the Japril selfie until they were working on episode 11x5.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I think that is what is causing so much frustration. All the cases listed in the sides don't look like they have anything to do with J or A until 11x5. The only possibility in 11x2 is the case in which we saw the BTS clip with Amelia, Maggie and April. Since it is the Maggie centric episode I think April will just be window dressing.
I hoped for more.
Bill Harper wrote this episode and I so love his work.
IMO it is a shame it is being used to endear Maggie to the audience instead of further along the existing cast stories.

That is actually probably why we didn't get the Japril selfie until they were working on episode 11x5.
About the case on episode 11.02, I am sure it will end being for Maggie/Amy. I don't expect anything from this episode. Only maybe Jackson with the board.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLua (View Post)
About the case on episode 11.02, I am sure it will end being for Maggie/Amy. I don't expect anything from this episode. Only maybe Jackson with the board.
I think they gloss over the board seat in this episode and it is decided in 11x3. 11x4 is pretty much all Mer and flashbacks...so nothing to talk about until 11x5.
But heck...one more week and we get the 11x5 synopsis and promotional photos.
Maybe we will have something in them to gush over.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:18 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I think they gloss over the board seat in this episode and it is decided in 11x3. 11x4 is pretty much all Mer and flashbacks...so nothing to talk about until 11x5.
But heck...one more week and we get the 11x5 synopsis and promotional photos.
Maybe we will have something in them to gush over.
I hope we get something there.