Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-30-2016, 11:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSam4Life (View Post)
I hope she is true to her word. I'm going to need a scene that's longer than 2seconds though because I had enough of them.
They do need way more screen time. Let's hope episode 11 will be our episode. Last season, episode 11 also focused on them which was amazing. Let's hope this episode will feature a much happier tone for our couple though! Time to give them payoff. Real and honest payoff.

For me, Ellen's tweet was the most optimistic and promising for our couple. And when I read it, it made me excited about the upcoming storyline.

So cheer up everyone.

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G

Last edited by jules166; 01-30-2016 at 11:15 PM
Old 01-31-2016, 12:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

I feel like they are getting more screen time this season, though. Still not enough (40 minutes an episode would be my choice) but more than previous seasons, at least.

Or maybe it just feels that way because since the end of Calzona, Merder and Crowen, they're the most old school romance left on the show?
Old 01-31-2016, 06:42 AM
Master Fan

I am not sure. Seems as if Maggie and Andrew are getting quite a bit of focus. They are on the episode description for episode 10. I have to admit, I don't find the pairing particularly interesting. I think their chemistry is boring and not what it should be to portray this huge attraction they are meant to have towards one another. Their pairing appears unbelievable.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:39 PM
Part-Time Fan

I do not know where they will be going with April's character if things with Jackson will not work out. She is nearly never the lead surgeon and Owen is a trauma surgeon as well ... she will be always in his shadow. Is there a chance that she could "upgrade" her speciality like Arizona?!

She always wanted to be a mother and wife ... without Jackson ... even when her actions were the reason that drove them apart.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:39 AM
Passionate Fan

I just don't get the pessimism on any level. In the grand scheme of things, Japril have not been trashed like people like to act like they have been. April made a mistake. She ran. We're about to find out the reason and see the resolution. No one cheated. No one maliciously hurt the other. In the grand scheme of Greys Anatomy they come out looking rosy.

Now we have Ellen Pompeo saying Japril fans are going to love the second half. Homegirl gets thousands of tweets and chose to answer a Japril question. You have to be THIRSTY for pessimism to believe she was just being a dick and giving false hope there.

You have multiple interviews with Jesse stating what's basically about to go down. What is marriage what is commitment how you can't just leave your spouse etc etc

Debbie Allen talking about how it was impossible for Jackson to comfort her or penetrate her walls. Both have open wounds from baby. Jesse says they have yet to deal with it.

We have Jesse and Sarah fangirling on Twitter.

Wedding flashbacks.

Epic journey. Every actors dream.

Japril the movie.

Like why are people trippen?? To me it seems people just like to be pissed. Hey to each their own I guess.

I'm beyond excited. Bring it on.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:13 PM
Master Fan

I don't follow spoilers anymore, so just ignore anything I say. I just know that the show uses Ellen to generate hype/PR for the show, as they always have. Y'all are entitled to be excited, and yay for you if the show still excites you. I wish I could still be excited by it. I miss those days.

And I agree with you, posterity. Maggie and the intern are the worst pairing the show has had since Arizona and Leah.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:19 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
I don't follow spoilers anymore, so just ignore anything I say. I just know that the show uses Ellen to generate hype/PR for the show, as they always have. Y'all are entitled to be excited, and yay for you if the show still excites you. I wish I could still be excited by it. I miss those days.

And I agree with you, posterity. Maggie and the intern are the worst pairing the show has had since Arizona and Leah.
I just think it's beyond silly to think Ellen chose to answer a Japril tweet out of the thousands she gets every day, randomly, because the show wants her to generate hype or publicity. It was a reply tweet on top of it so unless you were on Ellen's timeline it didn't even show up on Twitter feed.

But as I said to each their own. I don't watch shows let alone fangirl them to just be miserable and expect the worst even when there's like.. multiple things pointing in the other direction.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:25 PM
Master Fan

I never saw the tweet outside of this thread because I don't follow Ellen (or other actors/actresses on any show, period). I just lurk forums to see what fans are saying about shows I've watched. I think it was the constant feeling of "being disappointed" that caused me to stop following the spoilers. It's a lot more relaxing watching TV now that I don't follow them. Spoilers always got my hopes up and no show could ever live up to my expectations based on the spoilers.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

I agree, even if a reunion is happening later rather than sooner (I fear 12x11 is going to cause much wailing and gnashing of teeth), it's all good in the hood for Japril. They are as solid as it gets for GA.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:57 PM
Loyal Fan

So ready!!!! For japril

SHAWN x ANGELA~ COREY x TOPANGA (BMW)
(avatar: MILLIE MAE)
Old 02-02-2016, 07:07 AM
New Fan

Just saw the new trailer. If April and Jackson are indeed Meredith's family, why didn't Meredith give them the time of day when they lost their baby?
Old 02-02-2016, 07:14 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why?? (View Post)
Just saw the new trailer. If April and Jackson are indeed Meredith's family, why didn't Meredith give them the time of day when they lost their baby?
Because it didn't fit Shonda's agenda for the episode.

I've seen many people holding grudges over that. It's funny because I totally forgot. Certainly not holding it against the woman.

I recall a time Meredith let two strangers, two invaders, move in with her when their roommates were murdered.

Being considered the main characters family is a good thing. Would we prefer they be off screen while everyone else worked on Meredith??
Old 02-02-2016, 07:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, she wasn't in their storyline in 11x11, no biggie. It's a shame because Meredith has had some nice scenes with Jackson and April over the years, but they've been so few since each character only has their scene partners and they rarely mix it up. IMO it's a little forced for Alex to claim they're all her family. Although maybe he just means technically since half of the characters are now related through Richard, the big ho.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:35 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by serving wench (View Post)
Yeah, she wasn't in their storyline in 11x11, no biggie. It's a shame because Meredith has had some nice scenes with Jackson and April over the years, but they've been so few since each character only has their scene partners and they rarely mix it up. IMO it's a little forced for Alex to claim they're all her family. Although maybe he just means technically since half of them are now related through Richard, the big ho.
I think when you've worked with people as long as they've all worked together.. spend holidays together and have dinner parties.. it's natural to feel like they're your family. Some are closer than others obviously. I've been with my employer ten years and I consider my coworkers my work family. Some I like more than others, like in any family, but still a family.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes they are still family no matter what