Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-30-2015, 11:07 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maultsby627 (View Post)
I just think April will be so gun shy about going thru pregnancy and scared of something happening again. That is all.
Yeah I'm sure that's a normal feeling, but women who lose babies like this go on to have healthy ones of their own all of the time. I certainly don't think she will write off having kids of her own, ever, because of it, especially with the risk of it happening again being so small. But I could see her being really nervous the whole next pregnancy.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:09 AM
Master Fan

Just finished watching the whole episode. What a ride that was.

I don't see them adopting. I also think they end up having a child (whether it's this one or another one later on). I just don't think we will see April having another pregnancy before the end of the series. I feel like this is it for her. If they do have a baby she will get pregnant near the end of the series and we won't see it. Just my own thought as there only seems to be one big wedding/baby storyline for each character. April's wedding with Matthew was a big thing, therefore even before seeing episode 13, I knew April and Jackson would not have a big wedding. This pregnancy is a big thing, therefore I don't see another big pregnancy storyline for her.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:13 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele22 (View Post)
Just finished watching the whole episode. What a ride that was.

I don't see them adopting. I also think they end up having a child (whether it's think one or another one). I just don't think we will see April having another pregnancy. I feel like this is it for her. If they do have a baby she will get pregnant near the end of the series and we won't see it. Just my own thought as there only seems to be one big wedding/baby storyline for each character. April's wedding with Matthew was a big thing, therefore even before seeing episode 13, I knew April and Jackson would not have a big wedding. This pregnancy is a big thing, therefore I don't see another big pregnancy storyline for her.
Could be that 12 is a bit of a jump ahead as I'm certain that's the last season. 11 is going unusually sloooooow. Not sure, but I think having a healthy baby would be the only thing to wrap up the Japril storyline when the show ends.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsbootycall (View Post)
Could be that 12 is a bit of a jump ahead as I'm certain that's the last season. 11 is going unusually sloooooow. Not sure, but I think having a healthy baby would be the only thing to wrap up the Japril storyline when the show ends.
I agree if they lose the baby, they will have a healthy baby at the end of the series. This season is going slow, but it is not so unusual the first 3 seasons was 1 year wasn't it? Seemed like MAGIC were interns forever It was a surprise to me when I started watching again that they progressed to 5th year. I do see a big time jump (like AU 10x17) in Season 12 and we will get to see them all in the future, japril will have a baby we just would miss out on another pregnancy. At least that's what I think. Still going to believe the baby lives until it is 100% confirmed on my screen.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:26 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I agree if they lose the baby, they will have a healthy baby at the end of the series. This season is going slow, but it is not so unusual the first 3 seasons was 1 year wasn't it? Seemed like MAGIC were interns forever It was a surprise to me when I started watching again that they progressed to 5th year. I do see a big time jump (like AU 10x17) in Season 12 and we will get to see them all in the future, japril will have a baby we just would miss out on another pregnancy. At least that's what I think. Still going to believe the baby lives until it is 100% confirmed on my screen.
I would LOVE it if the baby lives with a mild form, don't get me wrong. That'd make my whole year but I can see the story in either direction and am game for both.

But how cute was it last night when Jesse said Sarah was the best. Awwwww.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:30 AM
Extreme Fan

The thread/parallel I saw in this episode was Herman and Bavery hope/no hope theme.

How they play this out when the test results come in next week ie. the baby has a chance which prompts Herman to have the surgery, the baby has no chance which also prompts Herman to have the surgery because she is given something Bavery is not.

Both fit into the plots.

I guess it could still come back with a Type III and Herman pushes for a radical treatment inutero with stem cells similar to Amy pushing for a radical surgery.

In the final scene April said she studied the ultrasounds and she seemed to narrow it down to Type II or III.

The future sides do lean towards the baby not surviving.

I am just confused by the Mama visits.

You would think Mama K would be their if they induce and the baby dies with the pastor in the sides.

Mama A more fits the medical aspect of episode 10.

The show was amazing and either of these plots is also amazing.

Best Greys I have seen all year, and not just because Japril were feature. It was more true to everyones character from Jolex sort of Crowen, MerDer and Callie's queen statement.
Great.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justathought (View Post)
The thread/parallel I saw in this episode was Herman and Bavery hope/no hope theme.

How they play this out when the test results come in next week ie. the baby has a chance which prompts Herman to have the surgery, the baby has no chance which also prompts Herman to have the surgery because she is given something Bavery is not.

Both fit into the plots.

I guess it could still come back with a Type III and Herman pushes for a radical treatment inutero with stem cells similar to Amy pushing for a radical surgery.

In the final scene April said she studied the ultrasounds and she seemed to narrow it down to Type II or III.

You would think Mama K would be their if they induce and the baby dies with the pastor in the sides.

Best Greys I have seen all year, and not just because Japril were feature. I was more true to everyones character for Jolex sort of Crowen, MerDer and Callie's queen statement.

I did note the Parallel that Arizona presented as I was watching. She said to Herman something about her freinds killing for the chance at a little bit of hope, and she had that hope and was choosing not to use it. I find it ironic that Herman's tumor was presented as hopeless when she first came on, and now there is a small chance. Baby A's case is also being presented as hopeless, I do believe that will change and Arizona will find the hope they need. I am still hoping it is not type 2. April did seem to narrow it down to 2 or 3. Since we seem to focus on the worst case type 2, did we discuss if there were any meaningful treatments for 3? Were the studies that you posted Tracy with the stem cell for type 3 or a lesser form? April even mentions best case is that the baby would only have a mild disability. I still think that is how it's going to turn out. I overall enjoyed the episode. There was just enough of everyone yet SD was definitely the star. Looking forward to seeing what's in store next!
Old 01-30-2015, 11:40 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:

Both fit into the plots.

Best Greys I have seen all year, and not just because Japril were feature. It was more true to everyones character from Jolex sort of Crowen, MerDer and Callie's queen statement.
Great.
Great post. I agree the episode was stellar.

After seeing how April handled it last night and in the promo/preview, I'm having a hard time believing she's still pregnant in 15 and depressed. I think she'd be hopeful and the sides don't indicate that.

Really do think their baby is born and dies in 11. Pastor is for them. Mama A is there for support. Not sure but are we certain Connie Ray isn't in 11 too?

Best case was their kid having multiple surgeries. I imagine that's if it's type 3.

Also guess I will accept the baby is a boy since April looked herself.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I did note the Parallel that Arizona presented as I was watching. She said to Herman something about her freinds killing for the chance at a little bit of hope, and she had that hope and was choosing not to use it. I find it ironic that Herman's tumor was presented as hopeless when she first came on, and now there is a small chance. Baby A's case is also being presented as hopeless, I do believe that will change and Arizona will find the hope they need. I am still hoping it is not type 2. April did seem to narrow it down to 2 or 3. Since we seem to focus on the worst case type 2, did we discuss if there were any meaningful treatments for 3? Were the studies that you posted Tracy with the stem cell for type 3 or a lesser form? April even mentions best case is that the baby would only have a mild disability. I still think that is how it's going to turn out. I overall enjoyed the episode. There was just enough of everyone yet SD was definitely the star. Looking forward to seeing what's in store next!
Those studies were for the severe forms of OI diagnosed in utero and they seem to worked off the premise that Type II or III were both considered severe.
I have been confused by the conflict of the ultrasound and not definitely being able to determine type II in utero by the websites including Medscape.

Type two presents with fractures in utero early in the second trimester. MANY fractures.
Arizona did not say fractures just the reduced mineralization of the skull and short bones.
IDK everyone is saying fatal, its bad, April herself with Type II or III.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:48 AM
Passionate Fan

11s press release says guest cast TBA. There's a chance Mama K is there too.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Those studies were for the severe forms of OI diagnosed in utero and they seem to worked off the premise that Type II or III were both considered severe.
I have been confused by the conflict of the ultrasound and not definitely being able to determine type II in utero by the websites including Medscape.

Type two presents with fractures in utero early in the second trimester. MANY fractures.
Arizona did not say fractures just the reduced mineralization of the skull and short bones.
IDK everyone is saying fatal, its bad, April herself with Type II or III.
Right, they have yet to make any mention that the baby currently has any fractures. If it was type 2, at 23 weeks I would imagine there would already be some fractures that would have developed. Episode 10 seems like it's the same day, as Jackson had asked Arizona to sit down and talk with him and April, therefore nothing would have changed from episode 8 when Stephanie did the US which was literally a day earlier.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Right, they have yet to make any mention that the baby currently has fractures. If it was type 2, and 23 weeks I would imagine there would already some fractures that would have developed. Episode 10 seems like it's the same day, as Jackson had asked Arizona to sit down and talk with him and April, therefore nothing would have changed from episode 8 when Stephanie did the US which was literally a day earlier.
Arizona is not doing an ultrasound though. I froze the screen. It looks like a needle biopsy probably for a genetic test to see what type of mutation.

That might be somewhat more of a confirmation. At least they seem to be saying that in the SP with April and Jackson saying they will know if it is type II or III.
I have not seen a test on the websites being able to definitely say the specific type. It is just able to tell the mutations so IDK if GA has current knowledge of a test that can do this.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Arizona is not doing an ultrasound though. I froze the screen. It looks like a needle biopsy probably for a genetic test to see what type of mutation.

That might be somewhat more of a confirmation. At least they seem to be saying that in the SP with April and Jackson saying they will know if it is type II or III.
I have not seen a test on the websites being able to definitely say the specific type. It is just able to tell the mutations so IDK if GA has current knowledge of a test that can do this.
I see. I didn't think Arizona was going to re-do the US. But based on the scan that Stephanie did, I am assuming there are no fractures on there as they never mentioned it. I do believe Arizona will perform some other testing and therefore make a diagnosis (although I will find it VERY hard to believe if it is type 2). I also think she does present to them some type of treatment option. In true greys fashion just when things seem at their very worst, out stems some glimmer of hope. I think this story is going to have a lot of ups and downs and twists and turns.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:14 PM
Passionate Fan

I think it's important to remember they say fractures are usually present in the second trimester with type 2 but not always. A lot of fractures take place in the 3rd trimester as the baby grows. So we can't bank anything on them not finding fractures. Plus Greys does what it wants so all of our fan research is moot anyway.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I see. I didn't think Arizona was going to re-do the US. But based on the scan that Stephanie did, I am assuming there are no fractures on there as they never mentioned it. I do believe Arizona will perform some other testing and therefore make a diagnosis (although I will find it VERY hard to believe if it is type 2). I also think she does present to them some type of treatment option. In true greys fashion just when things seem at their very worst, out stems some glimmer of hope. I think this story is going to have a lot of ups and downs and twists and turns.
They are certainly presenting it as no hope fatal type II or severe with type III with countless surgeries in store.

We had all thought that if it was type III, the gene therapy/stem cell treatments that have been tried and have shown to practically allow these children to go fracture free and growth rates to be good would be used.

We will see.

But given the quality of the writing and acting last night I am game for anything.