Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-23-2015, 08:23 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele22 (View Post)
I agree, they have come to a general consensus so to bring up this religion vs medicine debate would be like beating a dead horse. The chapel scene and the bench scene both validate that they respect each other beliefs and in a way they have to come an agreement yet still retain their character.

If anything, April's 10x20 speech about faith being what you can't feel or see is probably the foreshadow.

The side with the husband who even went to church with the wife, who is getting plastic surgery to change her face, makes me think that it will be Jackson trying to be supportive in helping April hold onto her faith during this story.

At least I prefer that be the plot if they are going to bring religion in as a key element to this story.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justathought (View Post)
If anything, April's 10x20 speech about faith being what you can't feel or see is probably the foreshadow.

The side with the husband who even went to church with the wife, who is getting plastic surgery to change her face, makes me think that it will be Jackson trying to be supportive in helping April hold onto her faith during this story.

At least I prefer that be the plot if they are going to bring religion in as a key element to this story.
I would not mind if it is brought up in this context. I would love to see him supporting her, going to church with her (or just saying he went with her), doing everything he can to encourage her and help her keep faith. I would rather see this than the disagreements they've already had. They have made progress in that regard and it would not be new ground in their relationship if it happens again. They've already come to the realization that they see things differently. Although the bench scene to me shows that their ideas are not that far fetched. They both think things happen for a reason. What would be new ground is Jackson holding on to hope and having to be the one to guide April back.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:39 AM
Extreme Fan

I wonder if Jackson has a run in with the father of patient Mia, the ten year old with the facial lac in episode 9.
The one 11x9 side outside Mia's patient room makes it sound like the doctor is forcefully, verbally grilling the father about the mother who ran the light and caused the children's injuries.

(Outside Mia’s patient room) Dr. Hall questions Greg about his wife as he looks at his daughter Mia who is in bed, asleep. Parker has a splint on his arm and curled up in a chair. Greg is overwhelmed. Dr. Hall asks if there’s a history of diabetes, childhood illnesses, previous surgeries or anything. Greg says no. Dr. Hall asks about current illnesses, mental illnesses. Greg asks if Dr. Hall is asking him if his wife is crazy. Dr. Hall says they’re just trying to understand what might have made her do what she did. Greg says she wouldn’t hurt their kids. He’s emotional. He says his wife is busy, she’s tired and stressed and forgets things. She has a lot going on and he works a lot. He has a realization and asks if he missed it, maybe he wasn’t seeing it. Greg is in disbelief and says he doesn’t know anything anymore.

Jackson looks angry when he first enters the supply closet, and the weight of the diagnosis might come out if he sees injuries to children that parents could have prevented or if he feels guilty that he should have known something was wrong. Which I think could be a natural reaction from both April and Jackson even though this is something they could not detect.

I just get the impression Webber didn't just happen upon Jackson but sees something off with Jackson and follows him to the supply closet. That specific side just stood out to me that Webber might witness.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I wonder if Jackson has a run in with the father of patient Mia, the ten year old with the facial lac in episode 9.
The one 11x9 side outside Mia's patient room makes it sound like the doctor is forcefully, verbally grilling the father about the mother who ran the light and caused the children's injuries.

(Outside Mia’s patient room) Dr. Hall questions Greg about his wife as he looks at his daughter Mia who is in bed, asleep. Parker has a splint on his arm and curled up in a chair. Greg is overwhelmed. Dr. Hall asks if there’s a history of diabetes, childhood illnesses, previous surgeries or anything. Greg says no. Dr. Hall asks about current illnesses, mental illnesses. Greg asks if Dr. Hall is asking him if his wife is crazy. Dr. Hall says they’re just trying to understand what might have made her do what she did. Greg says she wouldn’t hurt their kids. He’s emotional. He says his wife is busy, she’s tired and stressed and forgets things. She has a lot going on and he works a lot. He has a realization and asks if he missed it, maybe he wasn’t seeing it. Greg is in disbelief and says he doesn’t know anything anymore.

Jackson looks angry when he first enters the supply closet, and the weight of the diagnosis might come out if he sees injuries to children that parents could have prevented or if he feels guilty that he should have known something was wrong. Which I think could be a natural reaction from both April and Jackson even though this is something they could not detect.

I just get the impression Webber didn't just happen upon Jackson but sees something off with Jackson and follows him to the supply closet. That specific side just stood out to me that Webber might witness.
I got the feeling that Jackson looked angry when he walks into the storage closet too. I assume it might have been caused by a patient but I forgot the sides for episode 9. I think this is likely and I agree that Webber doesn't look like he opens the supply closet door accidentally like 10x14, rather he seems him going in there and notices he is not himself and asks him if everything is okay.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I got the feeling that Jackson looked angry when he walks into the storage closet too. I assume it might have been caused by a patient but I forgot the sides for episode 9. I think this is likely and I agree that Webber doesn't look like he opens the supply closet door accidentally like 10x14, rather he seems him going in there and notices he is not himself and asks him if everything is okay.
Yeah. It looks like Jackson is running interference for April all day waiting for her to accept that there is something wrong with the baby.

It certainly looks as emotional as it has been hyped.

I hope we get a Japril article today. We have been Calzona and MerDer'd to death from the press.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah. It looks like Jackson is running interference for April all day waiting for her to accept that there is something wrong with the baby.

It certainly looks as emotional as it has been hyped.

I hope we get a Japril article today. We have been Calzona and MerDer'd to death from the press.
I think she comes to accept it when she clutches her belly. She must know at that point. I'm thinking now that she must already know even if Maggie says something to Stephanie about her great catch. It just might hit her at that moment and then she walks in a daze to find Jackson and that's when she breaks down.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I am probably in the minority, but the 10x20 fight was the first time from the moment of their marriage April stood her ground about her religious beliefs IMO.
She had just run out on a wedding, performed by a pastor, in front of her family, to run off with the man she loved.
Mama A came in and completely pulled the rug out from under her with how her Avery children were going to be raised.
Jackson only response was we haven't discussed it yet to his Mom and "it's a little weird" raising children with different beliefs from his own.
I think in 10x20 she knew she was pregnant and tried to push the envelope.
When Jackson made her feel as though a discussion wasn't going to open up after her cochlear implant statement, and she was just going to be dismissed, she pushed back in a way that showed him why they needed to address their different parenting views.

For those who can hear, they see deafness as a disability whereas many in the deaf community see it as a blessing because it opens up an entirely different world and life experience they find enriching.

That is the point April wanted to drive home and show Jackson that religion is that for her.

When he said her God wasn't real, IMO it validated that he was not taking her POV seriously to April.

I think that was settled in the chapel scene, and I hope religion is not center stage in this story.
The bench scene makes me think they showed them accepting, and respecting of each others POV.
Love this, exactly what I have thought. I really don't think April will be against any medical treatment for the baby. I love April and think she has grown SO much since she came on.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hello_Sasse (View Post)
I just hope that if April has a different POV about baby's treatment that is 'not popular' in the room - people should not just first to religion vs. medicine debate. She is more than religion.

With regards to her not wanting to know baby's sex I did not think much of that - one parent wants to be surprised while the other wants to know. Normal.

I believe we will see growth from both of them with this SL that will surprise us. JMOO
Yes, yes, and yes!
Old 01-23-2015, 10:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I think she comes to accept it when she clutches her belly. She must know at that point. I'm thinking now that she must already know even if Maggie says something to Stephanie about her great catch. It just might hit her at that moment and then she walks in a daze to find Jackson and that's when she breaks down.
I think it is Jackson who tells her and we do pick up in the evening of the 11x8 episode at the beginning of 11x9.

I think that is why he looks so pressured. She probably goes into immediate denial or thinks Stephanie did not do it correctly.
That rookie comment from Steph and her not finishing the test will be what April holds onto IMO.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think it is Jackson who tells her and we do pick up in the evening of the 11x8 episode at the beginning of 11x9.

I think that is why he looks so pressured. She probably goes into immediate denial or thinks Stephanie did not do it correctly.
That rookie comment from Steph and her not finishing the test will be what April holds onto IMO.
I really hope we see him telling her. It's the scene that I want most. I actually think it's really important that he be the one to tell her. I think that she will be excited to tell him it's a boy, I am not sure if he tells her then or not but I do think she goes to work the next morning knowing. I can see Jackson telling her not to go in but April is in denial and is determined to pretend like nothing is wrong and goes in. That's why Jackson tells Hunt not to let her operate. By the end of the episode she has obviously accepted it and breaks down in Jackson's arms.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I really hope we see him telling her. It's the scene that I want most. I actually think it's really important that he be the one to tell her. I think that she will be excited to tell him it's a boy, I am not sure if he tells her then or not but I do think she goes to work the next morning knowing. I can see Jackson telling her not to go in but April is in denial and is determined to pretend like nothing is wrong and goes in. That's why Jackson tells Hunt not to let her operate. By the end of the episode she has obviously accepted it and breaks down in Jackson's arms.
That is how I see it so far based on the promos.
And I am with you, I would sooooo much prefer it is Jackson who tells her.

The possibility that April found out from Maggie was a great guess since we could not figure out when the show picks up and why on earth April would be in the ER after hearing such news.

But now that Maggie ER scene with April's belly clutch look like it is the moment when she starts to accept that there is a problem with the baby.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That is how I see it so far based on the promos.
And I am with you, I would sooooo much prefer it is Jackson who tells her.

The possibility that April found out from Maggie was a great guess since we could not figure out when the show picks up and why on earth April would be in the ER after hearing such news.

But now that Maggie ER scene with April's belly clutch look like it is the moment when she starts to accept that there is a problem with the baby.
I agree it was an amazing guess. Greys like to play little things like that but the diagnosis is SO devastating why have her find out in a way that is so degrading. I mean after that Maggie would feel smaller than an ant and I don't think Shonda would want that of her favourite newbie. So, I do think during the belly clutch, that is the moment she accepts it, she must already know at this point and had just been avoiding it. Maggie and Steph look awkward regardless as well, like they are walking on pins and needles so even though they do not let the cat out of the bag, they know and they just don't know what to say/do around her.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:13 AM
New Fan

Hi!!! First time posting here but I have been reading through this forum before.

I kind of see the episode a bit different as you do. I think April gets the news because Jackson tells her but I don't know if we will get to see it. April is not in denial, but I could see her not able to speak raw and clear with Jackson about a final decision about the fact of the baby having OI, she's just suffering a such big pain. But the idea is in both minds, I mean that maybe their kid could not be born. We see Jackson watching April suffering and maybe because of this or just because he feels broken, as his wife does, breaking down in front of Webber in the SP. He knows April is not in her better condition, with her mind in another place and not beinig able to concentrate at work so he asks Hunt to trust him and not allow April to operate without more explanations, I think Owen is quite surprised in the promo. At the end of the episode is where I see the April touching her belly we see in the promo photos. Her face is tired and sad but his gaze for me has an important component of surprise, as something new is coming to her. I don't know if I'm explaining as I would like, English is not my first language. I think is the baby kicking for the first time or April recognizing as such for the first time. One of the symptoms Arizona gave to Dr. Herman was "no movement of the fetus". I take this as the cause that brings hope to April that it could not be the worse type of OI if the baby still can move and why she "stays optimistic as Arizona begins testing on her baby" .

About the photo of the apartment that Jesse posted, I thought the other person with him would be April, but after the press release of 11x10 I kind of started thinking it could be.... M Kepner? The color of the marks with the BTS photos of the nursery matchs quite well, and the legs we see just at top right of the picture could be hers (I don't see April wearing a dress or a skirt). I don't know, maybe the reason of M Kepner being there is because to do the test April requires some kind of operation? As we know Arizona is a fetal surgeon too now. Why Arizona and not a gyn doing the tests??

Sorry for my long post and my poor English!!
Old 01-23-2015, 11:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Here's the latest from TVLine.

Can you give us Greys Anatomy fans anything on Jackson and April?! – Mark
As you can imagine, a “powerful” story is ahead for those two in the wake of Jackson overhearing Stephanie discuss with Dr. Herman the dire complication with April’s pregnancy. “For Jackson, who is a man of science, and April, who is a doctor filled with faith, it is going to be a very interesting struggle,” series creator Shonda Rhimes shared during our Season 11B preview Q&A. But know at least one thing: This won’t be about Jackson keeping the news to himself. “That would just make him an awful human being,” Rhimes said, “so we’re not playing that.”
Old 01-23-2015, 11:24 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noaai (View Post)
Hi!!! First time posting here but I have been reading through this forum before.

I kind of see the episode a bit different as you do. I think April gets the news because Jackson tells her but I don't know if we will get to see it. April is not in denial, but I could see her not able to speak raw and clear with Jackson about a final decision about the fact of the baby having OI, she's just suffering a such big pain. But the idea is in both minds, I mean that maybe their kid could not be born. We see Jackson watching April suffering and maybe because of this or just because he feels broken, as his wife does, breaking down in front of Webber in the SP. He knows April is not in her better condition, with her mind in another place and not beinig able to concentrate at work so he asks Hunt to trust him and not allow April to operate without more explanations, I think Owen is quite surprised in the promo. At the end of the episode is where I see the April touching her belly we see in the promo photos. Her face is tired and sad but his gaze for me has an important component of surprise, as something new is coming to her. I don't know if I'm explaining as I would like, English is not my first language. I think is the baby kicking for the first time or April recognizing as such for the first time. One of the symptoms Arizona gave to Dr. Herman was "no movement of the fetus". I take this as the cause that brings hope to April that it could not be the worse type of OI if the baby still can move and why she "stays optimistic as Arizona begins testing on her baby" .

About the photo of the apartment that Jesse posted, I thought the other person with him would be April, but after the press release of 11x10 I kind of started thinking it could be.... M Kepner? The color of the marks with the BTS photos of the nursery matchs quite well, and the legs we see just at top right of the picture could be hers (I don't see April wearing a dress or a skirt). I don't know, maybe the reason of M Kepner being there is because to do the test April requires some kind of operation? As we know Arizona is a fetal surgeon too now. Why Arizona and not a gyn doing the tests??

Sorry for my long post and my poor English!!
Welcome.
The belly clutch could be movement or reality hitting her.

I am leaning that we see Jackson tell her because we do get an evening scene based on Derek wearing the same shirt as 11x8 in the promo and the table lamp on.

If they are going to pick up there, I can't see them skipping the Japril cliff only to leave us guessing why April is acting strangely in the ER the next day.

I could be wrong and they use offscreenland again, but this is their story for the season and I hope they don't leave her initial reaction to this diagnosis up to our imaginations.