Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-22-2015, 01:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justathought (View Post)
I am going to hold on to what Shonda said about them growing up in a way that is beautiful.

When I say she is closed off emotionally, I don't think she starts blaming Jackson, God or her actions as the cause of this.
I think she will pull away to protect herself and not act in the same pie in the sky hopeful she normally does.
It is her lack of hope that Jackson will miss and want back from his best friend.
I tend to agree with you. I think Sarah would want April to realize from this God is not punishing her or Jackson by inflicting pain on their baby. It doesn't sound like they go that way from the sides, and Jackson knows she's crazy anyway. I think this might be the growing up part Shonda talked about-evil queen spawn she is. I just hope Jackson remembers that April doesn't always think before she speaks. So not thrilled for this anymore.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I agree it is her MO...look how she booked in 10x20.
I just hope that they don't go there as it is regressive and I am hoping Shonda's "growing up" means we don't have to have April's initial reaction be blame only to have Jackson talk her down.
I would rather see her protecting her emotions rather than lashing out as it would be destructive IMO to thier relationship.
Yes, just one of the reasons I hope they don't take that route. Something like that could hurt seriously their relationship. Remember when we were afraid that April was gonna say something like that during their fight in 10x20 for the same reason.

btw, being really supportive and not blaming to themselves or each other will be also a new ground in their relationship
Old 01-22-2015, 01:06 PM
Passionate Fan

As far as it being regressive, I'm not sure I agree with that, because we haven't seen April acknowledge that she shouldn't behave that way. Like when she ran in 10x20.. she should have stayed and worked it out, but she is very emotionally immature when it comes to relationships. Jackson is basically the only really serious one she's had. Matthew was so bubble gum that it doesn't even count. She didn't acknowledge running away was not the solution, hell she tried to leave again even when Jackson begged her to stay.

So for her to progress, SHE needs to realize what she's doing/saying is not right. For her to blame herself, her actions, and be set straight by whomever or whatever, and realize that it's not her fault, God is not punishing her, things just happen.. that's progression. We haven't seen progression with her, so regression is not possible until that point.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsbootycall (View Post)
As far as it being regressive, I'm not sure I agree with that, because we haven't seen April acknowledge that she shouldn't behave that way. Like when she ran in 10x20.. she should have stayed and worked it out, but she is very emotionally immature when it comes to relationships. Jackson is basically the only really serious one she's had. Matthew was so bubble gum that it doesn't even count. She didn't acknowledge running away was not the solution, hell she tried to leave again even when Jackson begged her to stay.

So for her to progress, SHE needs to realize what she's doing/saying is not right. For her to blame herself, her actions, and be set straight by whomever or whatever, and realize that it's not her fault, God is not punishing her, things just happen.. that's progression. We haven't seen progression with her, so regression is not possible until that point.
Exactly even as recent as 11x07 she pretty much tells Jackson on the bench that everything is in God's hands so she really has not changed her way of thinking at all.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele22 (View Post)
Exactly even as recent as 11x07 she pretty much tells Jackson on the bench that everything is in God's hands so she really has not changed her way of thinking at all.
No, she hasn't. I do think April has matured and has grown into herself somewhat, especially as a surgeon. But a lot of her ways of thinking is not healthy. I mean she takes it to the extreme. Jesus HATES her for losing her virginity? I mean, come on. God was punishing her for having premarital sex when she thought she was pregnant? Calling Jackson a car-crash and dessert and herself disgusting for having sex. Staying at Calzona's even when it was MORE than obvious she was not wanted, instead of going home to her husband working out their issues. Saying that being deaf is a blessing, even as a surgeon knowing there is treatment. I mean sometimes she blows me away.

So yes, maybe this WILL be her progression. Realizing that not everything is a punishment because you make mistakes. Understanding her words cut deep and she needs to think it through. Etc.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Now I am feeling very negative about their relationship and towards April. So I am going to take a break from the forum again. Back to my Outlander and Caskett bubble

See you next week ladies!
Old 01-22-2015, 01:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

IDK, when she told him she loved him then told him she was pregnant she did stay, she stuck up for him to Webber before Jackson compromised about going to church.
Then she admitted that she was a jerk with her mother.

I see little steps, but blaming God, or blaming her decision to choose Jackson would be a huge step backwards and hurtful to Jackson beyond words.

There is a big difference from believing everything is in God's hand and you don't get to know the answers than assuming the answers are because you chose to run off with the man you love and spare Matthew and Stephanie from doomed relationships.

I just hope they don't go there.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by abisha (View Post)
Yes, just one of the reasons I hope they don't take that route. Something like that could hurt seriously their relationship. Remember when we were afraid that April was gonna say something like that during their fight in 10x20 for the same reason.
And she didn't say anything like that as I recall. So she might not do anything like we are speculating about. I kind of doubt they'll get THAT deep, tbh. I think EPs 9-11, will deal with them learning what is wrong, how and what they will do, and them talking and being somewhat deep and emotional with each other. I don't k ow if it will go to the depth of April blaming this on her hurting other people just b/c I think these 3 EPs are the big ones for this story. By ep 11, baby will be either dead or alive-sorry to be blunt. Honestly, I am giving it to 11 and then I will decide if it's still worth watching.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
No, she hasn't. I do think April has matured and has grown into herself somewhat, especially as a surgeon. But a lot of her ways of thinking is not healthy. I mean she takes it to the extreme. Jesus HATES her for losing her virginity? I mean, come on. God was punishing her for having premarital sex when she thought she was pregnant? Calling Jackson a car-crash and dessert and herself disgusting for having sex. Staying at Calzona's even when it was MORE than obvious she was not wanted, instead of going home to her husband working out their issues. Saying that being deaf is a blessing, even as a surgeon knowing there is treatment. I mean sometimes she blows me away.

So yes, maybe this WILL be her progression. Realizing that not everything is a punishment because you make mistakes. Understanding her words cut deep and she needs to think it through. Etc.
I think this will be her progression for sure. She's becoming a mother, she will be responsible for another life. That is a huge step, one that requires her to grow up as well and we heard from Shonda that they both will need to do some growing up as they prepare to become parents, so I believe we will see it.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:22 PM
Passionate Fan

I guess we just see it differently. Telling your husband you love him after he says he loves you and begs you to stay home after you've been gone for days after one fight is not exactly progression in my eyes. Sticking up for your best friend when he's being bullied by Webber is a gut instinct. I mean, yeah, those were "good wife" actions for sure but as far as it being progression in her mindset when it comes to her relationship with God.. we haven't seen any progression there. Personally, I think she takes it to the extreme. People always say Jackson needs to compromise and accept her faith. I think she needs to realize that she takes it too far. And honestly I know A LOT of Christians (I live in the bible belt) and blaming yourself and saying God's punishing you every time something bad happens, like she tends to do, is not a common occurrence for the people I know.

So, yes, I am hoping this really helps April grow when it comes to her relationship with God. And in the process will make her relationship with Jackson even closer.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
IDK, when she told him she loved him then told him she was pregnant she did stay, she stuck up for him to Webber before Jackson compromised about going to church.
Then she admitted that she was a jerk with her mother.

I see little steps, but blaming God, or blaming her decision to choose Jackson would be a huge step backwards and hurtful to Jackson beyond words.

There is a big difference from believing everything is in God's hand and you don't get to know the answers than assuming the answers are because you chose to run off with the man you love and spare Matthew and Stephanie from doomed relationships.

I just hope they don't go there.
I think religion is something NONE of these writers have any experience with, so I think we are going WAY more into it than they will. If it is brought up, I could see April maybe talking to her mom about it and her mom talking her down from the blame game. I have no faith in these writers, but I do in Sarah. And she did say they would both have to grow up fast and she was excited for fans to see their relationship develop more. I think Jackson will see that faith April has is what he loves most about her. He is not perfect either. Remember, we have to see Callie have some one night stands. Arizona fall in love with Herman, Mer be the sun, Jolex have multiple sex scenes, Maggie do whatever it is she was brought on this show to do, Owen and Amy have sex, AND Stephanie hang out the hospital all day. Whew, did I forget- oh and Bailey and Webber walk around the hospital. Think that's everybody. My point, I question how much Shonda cares about Japril. Which could be a good thing. The less she has to do with it, the better.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maultsby627 (View Post)
I think religion is something NONE of these writers have any experience with, so I think we are going WAY more into it than they will. If it is brought up, I could see April maybe talking to her mom about it and her mom talking her down from the blame game. I have no faith in these writers, but I do in Sarah. And she did say they would both have to grow up fast and she was excited for fans to see their relationship develop more. I think Jackson will see that faith April has is what he loves most about her. He is not perfect either. Remember, we have to see Callie have some one night stands. Arizona fall in love with Herman, Mer be the sun, Jolex have multiple sex scenes, Maggie do whatever it is she was brought on this show to do, Owen and Amy have sex, AND Stephanie hang out the hospital all day. Whew, did I forget- oh and Bailey and Webber walk around the hospital. Think that's everybody. My point, I question how much Shonda cares about Japril. Which could be a good thing. The less she has to do with it, the better.
Oh for sure I don't think they are going to harp on April blaming herself and God is punishing her for episode after episode. I am just saying, for them to SHOW April progressing, they need to have her realize she takes it to the extreme. God is not punishing her every time she does something wrong. And honestly what kind of church did she go to? Christians are taught that God loves them unconditionally. And that when bad things happen, it's all part of a plan that we don't know yet. So I dunno where that comes from. She's got a weird thing when it comes to her thoughts about God, IMO.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:38 PM
Extreme Fan

I think we all see it differently based on our experience with religion and our own personal faith.

It was before the boards she said Jesus hates me, and during the boards that she broke her promise and now she cant talk to him.
It was more her blaming herself for disappointing God and feeling separated from Him. That is a whole lot different than blaming Him for failing.

As for the false pregnancy, again she was more about that she was pregnant for not following her beliefs and had consequences, not that she was made pregnant by God as punishment.

In 9x19 when the woman died who just had the baby she said it's not suppose to happen this way because no one wants to believe a loving God would allow a new mother to die.

Now with the more recent mother's death she has accepted that we don't get to know all the answers.

It's like when Jackson was appalled that April said some people consider deafness to be a blessing.

I understand these statements and some Christian's do believe their faith is perfected in their sufferings. Again different faiths and religious experiences.

This is why I hope they don't portray her blaming God or even feel abandon by Him but sees the good that can come from this and that is her answer.

HA foundation can bring it to the max with research and awareness and I hope she sees this more a blessing that this baby is theirs because of the good they can do from this experience and that it isn't some punishment.

Not that I think this will in anyway be the highlight of this story. But if they make a religious statement in anyway I would prefer they portray her not blaming but looking at it as a blessing that can help others who don't have the Avery resources.

JMO and I completely understand how anyone can see it differently.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Well, I'm over this discussion/speculation. Apparently it's really affecting people and running them off. So that's cool. I will from now on just keep my opinions that aren't roses and butterflies all to myself. So.. basically see you guys in like May

Here's to hoping we have a good story coming our way.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:56 PM
Absolute Fan

tftnt Michele
I'm in love and always will be