Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2014, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justathought (View Post)
I really think a lot of the plot will also be how they work together in their approach to dealing with this disease.
It will definitely have a lot of faith and medicine elements.
An emotional, growing journey for their relationship.
I don't think this story can be glossed over, which means screen time...YAY!
Definitely. I see it all coming together and being about them growing in their marriage/relationship, and like Shonda said before figuring out what it means to be Avery's, and I see them doing this together. I do't really see their parenting styles clashing just yet. I don't see that until after the baby is born and is out of the woods so to speak. For now, I really see them as one unit, fighting for their child's life together and leaning on each other for support. I don't see them in any sort of conflict with each other (that's merder's and calzona's story anyway). This is more about getting through the hard time together for japril.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele22 (View Post)
Definitely. I see it all coming together and being about them growing in their marriage/relationship, and like Shonda said before figuring out what it means to be Avery's, and I see them doing this together. I do't really see their parenting styles clashing just yet. I don't see that until after the baby is born and is out of the woods so to speak. For now, I really see them as one unit, fighting for their child's life together and leaning on each other for support. I don't see them in any sort of conflict with each other (that's merder's and calzona's story anyway). This is more about getting through the hard time together for japril.
Exactly.
I really think SD probably wanted to show that Christian's are not radical and that a couple, who have different beliefs, can still work together.
I hope this also puts to rest the cheating crap I keep reading.
I definitely believe that SD would not pitch a cheating husband because of a heath issue with a baby.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:32 PM
Master Fan

I don't know where that came from (Jesse's apartment pic tweet I assume with the coloured markings). But Jackson cheating is the least of my worries. If April or the baby are hospitalized for more than a few episodes you better bet he would be by their sides every minute of every day. He would not leave for even a millisecond despite being exhausted and an emotional wreck.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:00 PM
Loyal Fan

From Shonda's tweet I also think that not only Sarah pitch the SL, but also she is very active so that the SL explains what she wanted to say in first place. OI is strange, and many people don't know about the different types, the treatment, the advances in that area or what means to live with that disease. For that reason, I see baby A being fine at the end. With the baby alive, they can explore this SL much more, and not only now, but in the future too. Now I understand much more what Shonda said about them having to grow up fast and in a wonderful way. That SL, without doubt, let them do it.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

I definitely think that Sarah having worked with Patricia Heaton stirred curiosity in Sarah. I had no idea what OI was before this came to light. What a great way to raise awareness. I feel like they will delve into the medical part of this disorder but I still feel like the intrauterine procedure can somehow reverse the effects. I have no idea if this is possible in real life but Jackson is an Avery. They're sitting on 480 million dollars worth of medical possibilities, something the average person does not have access to so I believe anything is possible for baby Avery.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:23 PM
Passionate Fan

I had heard of brittle bone disease before but never heard of OI, so it's already raised awareness for me. This storyline has a lot of possibilities, and you are right Michele. Jackson is an Avery. Shonda mentioned they would "learn what it means to be Averys" this season. I imagine that an Avery who owns his own hospital has more money, more opportunities, more possibilities of being able to help his child than an average person would have.

I can't recall what Bubble Boy had but I imagine that whatever it was, in the real world, is not easily curable and Bailey performed a "miracle" so to speak when she cured him. So the same could go for their baby. In the real world, being able to "cure" OI is impossible but in Grey's Land.. I think a near cure would be likely. Normal in appearance, but just has to be super careful all the time. It's something that would play out for a long time and is another reason I am confident that the baby lives.

I still think it's a sad story just because having to watch them go through this is going to break my heart and I would have preferred a perfect pregnancy and perfect birth and perfect baby. But on TV, perfect = boring and boring = no screen time. So at least we know that this storyline is going to really give them some good time and meaty material to work with.

People who are saying/thinking that Jackson is going to cheat are ridiculous and need to lay off the Koolaid. There's so many reasons that doesn't make ANY sense at all and I don't even know where the idea came from. But anyone who thinks Jackson would cheat on his wife who is pregnant and dealing with the emotional fall-out of carrying a baby who may or may not live is an idiot. Period.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I definitely think that Sarah having worked with Patricia Heaton stirred curiosity in Sarah. I had no idea what OI was before this came to light. What a great way to raise awareness. I feel like they will delve into the medical part of this disorder but I still feel like the intrauterine procedure can somehow reverse the effects. I have no idea if this is possible in real life but Jackson is an Avery. They're sitting on 480 million dollars worth of medical possibilities, something the average person does not have access to so I believe anything is possible for baby Avery.
They have used stem cells in this treatment of OI. It is cutting edge and has been shown to work. Children treated with the stem cells in utero and after birth are growing at normal rates and when the growth stalls they do more treatments. The treatment have also be shown to have no side effects and are easily tolerated.
I posted a link on a prior thread with OI site showing this research.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

This makes me think even more Sarah would not pitch a dead baby story. It makes for a longer story them trying to find a treatment and both of them dealing with it. Shonda answered, she must have had a lot of complaints about her doing this to baby Japril.
Old 12-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsbootycall (View Post)
I had heard of brittle bone disease before but never heard of OI, so it's already raised awareness for me. This storyline has a lot of possibilities, and you are right Michele. Jackson is an Avery. Shonda mentioned they would "learn what it means to be Averys" this season. I imagine that an Avery who owns his own hospital has more money, more opportunities, more possibilities of being able to help his child than an average person would have.

I can't recall what Bubble Boy had but I imagine that whatever it was, in the real world, is not easily curable and Bailey performed a "miracle" so to speak when she cured him. So the same could go for their baby. In the real world, being able to "cure" OI is impossible but in Grey's Land.. I think a near cure would be likely. Normal in appearance, but just has to be super careful all the time. It's something that would play out for a long time and is another reason I am confident that the baby lives.

I still think it's a sad story just because having to watch them go through this is going to break my heart and I would have preferred a perfect pregnancy and perfect birth and perfect baby. But on TV, perfect = boring and boring = no screen time. So at least we know that this storyline is going to really give them some good time and meaty material to work with.

People who are saying/thinking that Jackson is going to cheat are ridiculous and need to lay off the Koolaid. There's so many reasons that doesn't make ANY sense at all and I don't even know where the idea came from. But anyone who thinks Jackson would cheat on his wife who is pregnant and dealing with the emotional fall-out of carrying a baby who may or may not live is an idiot. Period.
This. Exactly.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
They have used stem cells in this treatment of OI. It is cutting edge and has been shown to work. Children treated with the stem cells in utero and after birth are growing at normal rates and when the growth stalls they do more treatments. The treatment have also be shown to have no side effects and are easily tolerated.
I posted a link on a prior thread with OI site showing this research.
Thanks, that is good to know. I didn't want to read into OI because I didn't think they would go that way because of how devastating I thought the diagnosis is. I am open to it now as I do think it will be cured or at the very least reversed to a very mild form. I can see Sarah pitching it for awareness purposes and am glad there is hope for these children in the real world not just Shondaland and Avery babies.
Old 12-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Really hope we get some scoop some time soon.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:31 AM
Extreme Fan

I saw an interesting post for episode 11x11. Haag-Striet USA posted photos of Amy and Steph using their microscope for a brain tumor surgery.
I assume this is going to be Dr. Herman, (they say "a difficult tumor" and the Cat Scans look like a butterfly).

Since we pretty much can assume, from the pace of the baby's OI reveal, that this will probably be the same episode that any procedure for Japril's baby is done.
(I am basing this theory on the fact that they are only going to find out in 11x9 and the apartment scene in 11x10 will probably be them deciding how to proceed).

If they do an in utero procedure, I wonder if we will indeed end up getting a dramatic brain tumor reveal during April's possible stem cell transfusion.

I would really love to see Jackson go bonkers if Herman goes down during April's procedure.

Last edited by justathought; 12-04-2014 at 05:13 AM
Old 12-04-2014, 06:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I saw an interesting post for episode 11x11. Haag-Striet USA posted photos of Amy and Steph using their microscope for a brain tumor surgery.
I assume this is going to be Dr. Herman, (they say "a difficult tumor" and the Cat Scans look like a butterfly).

Since we pretty much can assume, from the pace of the baby's OI reveal, that this will probably be the same episode that any procedure for Japril's baby is done.
(I am basing this theory on the fact that they are only going to find out in 11x9 and the apartment scene in 11x10 will probably be them deciding how to proceed).

If they do an in utero procedure, I wonder if we will indeed end up getting a dramatic brain tumor reveal during April's possible stem cell transfusion.

I would really love to see Jackson go bonkers if Herman goes down during April's procedure.
Since this is what we predicted, I am willing to bet it was a pretty good guess that Hermann's tumor is revealed and she goes down during April's surgery. Now that would have made for a much better mid-season finale. I'm still irked that we didn't see nearly enough before this break. I'm looking forward to it coming back to get on with the stories that seemed stalled but I am not nearly as excited as I was last year.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Since this is what we predicted, I am willing to bet it was a pretty good guess that Hermann's tumor is revealed and she goes down during April's surgery. Now that would have made for a much better mid-season finale. I'm still irked that we didn't see nearly enough before this break. I'm looking forward to it coming back to get on with the stories that seemed stalled but I am not nearly as excited as I was last year.
At least we will have 16 episodes without interruption. I am kind of glad that all the most dramatic parts of this plot will play out without a hiatus. I am going to be on the edge of my seat enough watching them play this out.
I hope they get Emmy quality material so we can see them at their best.
Old 12-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Master Fan

Can you imagine? I am expecting 10x12-13 type stuff during 11x9-11ish. The weeks are going to seem like a hiatus to get through each week because I am expecting each episode to end on a mini cliff hanger. We will definitely be on the edge of our seats. It's only 8 weeks away. Doesn't even seem that bad compared to last year. It felt like an eternity for 13 to come