Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2014, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

Jackson's face after he asks Stephanie what they are talking about is like he is expecting the worst. I know I have been asking for April to have a NDE and I would like to see Jackson pushed to a emotional extreme we haven't seen, and I still do, but I'm starting to realize how much getting that will totally break my heart. Its just crushing to see his face tonight.

source
Icon by Christina
Old 11-20-2014, 07:58 PM
New Fan

I wish I could be more optimistic about this storyline. I had a similar diagnosis (don't know the actual disease name) at 20 weeks during my first pregnancy and it took the radiologist all but 5 mins to say the baby won't make it. They asked me to terminate saying carrying longer would make delivery more risky for me. I was not willing to, but the baby died soon after. And life went on - my husband went back to work couple of days later and so did I, a couple of weeks later.
Maybe Jackson wants her to terminate and April wants to continue the pregnancy. Some crappy science vs. faith debate.
And then maybe through some mixture of faith and science the baby is alright!
I don't know. But this I know, I don't like this SL at all! It's too close to home and frankly makes kinda boring / morbid TV.

( btw I have 2 healthy beautiful boys now).
Old 11-20-2014, 08:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna_eclectic (View Post)
I wish I could be more optimistic about this storyline. I had a similar diagnosis (don't know the actual disease name) at 20 weeks during my first pregnancy and it took the radiologist all but 5 mins to say the baby won't make it. They asked me to terminate saying carrying longer would make delivery more risky for me. I was not willing to, but the baby died soon after. And life went on - my husband went back to work couple of days later and so did I, a couple of weeks later.
Maybe Jackson wants her to terminate and April wants to continue the pregnancy. Some crappy science vs. faith debate.
And then maybe through some mixture of faith and science the baby is alright!
I don't know. But this I know, I don't like this SL at all! It's too close to home and frankly makes kinda boring / morbid TV.

( btw I have 2 healthy beautiful boys now).
I just lost a little girl to a rare disorder this summer. I was only ten weeks, but after trying for long it was devasting. I know this makes good drama, but for anyone who has lost a child like this, it is not something you ever want to relive,even in fiction. It's not something you want handled either by a writer who has no clue the devastation. If you are doing this storyline it better be done right.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:09 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canderson (View Post)
I just lost a little girl to a rare disorder this summer. I was only ten weeks, but after trying for long it was devasting. I know this makes good drama, but for anyone who has lost a child like this, it is not something you ever want to relive,even in fiction. It's not something you want handled either by a writer who has no clue the devastation. If you are doing this storyline it better be done right.

Yeah... I hope this SL turns out to be a bad dream or something.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshgirlly908 (View Post)
Jackson's face after he asks Stephanie what they are talking about is like he is expecting the worst. I know I have been asking for April to have a NDE and I would like to see Jackson pushed to a emotional extreme we haven't seen, and I still do, but I'm starting to realize how much getting that will totally break my heart. Its just crushing to see his face tonight.

source
The thought of him telling April is ripping my heart out. Maybe he can't even bring himself to tell her? he has always been her protector. So to not be able to protect her and his child will eat him up. I can see him trying to hide it, but his emotions will definitely get the best of him and April, the one who knows him the very best will know something is wrong. I can't even imagine it

I am very sorry to you ladies who have lost a child. My mom lost 2, she ended up having 2 more healthy babies (my brother and I) but I don't think her heart ever lets her forget the 2 she lost. It's very sad, I don't think anyone can understand how devastating it is to lose a baby unless you have gone through it. I truly hope they handle this storyline with care. Seeing as Sarah pitched it, I can't see it getting any more morbid than this. My suspicion will not let go that there is some type of misdiagnosis here.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:20 PM
Master Fan

I just can't see Sarah pitching a story about child loss....
Icon by Christina
Old 11-20-2014, 08:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna_eclectic (View Post)

Yeah... I hope this SL turns out to be a bad dream or something.
Amen to that. Btw, love hearing you have two healthy babies now. Gives me hope!

I'll even accept Bailey finding some way to change DNA in utero. Realistically we usually can't save our babies with devasting diagnosis, so I would at least like to see it in fiction. Maybe one day it would be a reality for other moms.

ETA: thank you, Michele! The one comfort is knowing you are not alone and women for generations have suffered this. It's a group you never want to join, but there is so much kindness and support amoung us.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well, I agree with whoever said this show is making me mentally tired. I hope Arizona tells Jackson. I bet April will be all excited about telling him it's a boy, them WHAM, poor April. Stephanie is so pathetic, get her off my screen! I feel like it will be one of those things where the baby survives against all odds and April's faith plays a role in that. There better be an interview coming. I wish they would put more energy into saving baby Japril as they do gross Hermann, I tweeted that to Shonda btw. I am just tired, and a dead baby story makes me even more tired, so I will not be tuning in at all. I am to the point of saying f--- this show!
Old 11-20-2014, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I just can't see Sarah pitching a story about child loss....
Me neither!! As a mother herself, who probably pitched this slightly before or around the time she got pregnant, there is no way she would pitch loosing the baby. Like someone else mentioned, maybe they can use this time to cast the perfect baby for them I am not overly impressed with the children they use for baby Bailey. So I am really hoping they do a better job for baby Avery. I have no doubts he will be coming home healthy and then the remainder for 11b will be about them adjusting into their parenting roles. The baby dying would be absolutely horrible because it would equate to Arizona's leg or Cristina's abortion or Derek giving up the DC job (how lame is it that this is their cliff hanger 3 times in a row??). The problems in their marriage would always go back to that, and I for one would hate to see that. Like it has been speculated on, they will have disagreements in their parenting style, figuring out what it means to be Averys etc, this is what I see for them.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Just the fact that Sarah has talked about Jackson and April having conflicting parenting styles makes me think we will see those parenting styles. I just have this feeling that even if the whole time we think they will lose the baby, its almost more likely that they won't....I just can't stop thinking about April going to tell Jackson its a boy and him telling her that they might lose him...Damnit Stephanie....
Icon by Christina
Old 11-20-2014, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Just the fact that Sarah has talked about Jackson and April having conflicting parenting styles makes me think we will see those parenting styles. I just have this feeling that even if the whole time we think they will lose the baby, its almost more likely that they won't....I just can't stop thinking about April going to tell Jackson its a boy and him telling her that they might lose him...Damnit Stephanie....
I know that's the only thing that's going to drive me crazy thinking about Jackson telling April. It's going to kill him to tell her and then she is going to be beyond upset. I just can't.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele22 (View Post)
I know that's the only thing that's going to drive me crazy thinking about Jackson telling April. It's going to kill him to tell her and then she is going to be beyond upset. I just can't.
Its like April thinking she lost Jackson in the bus. All. Over. Again.
Icon by Christina
Old 11-20-2014, 08:45 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm pretty tired myself. This is such a heavy thing even if it turns out okay, it just makes me feel really sad. I don't think this is something I'll be discussing and speculating as much as usual because it makes my heart heavy in a way I think only a parent could understand. I don't think I could handle watching them lose a baby like that.

Maybe it will look completely hopeless and by some miracle the baby turns out to be okay. We'll be drowning in heartache and then out of the blue the baby is okay. Their miracle baby.

I have SUCH a hard time thinking Jesse and Sarah would tweet that birth certificate if the baby dies. Not saying it is impossible but I really hope not.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Sooooooooooooooo scared

SHAWN x ANGELA~ COREY x TOPANGA (BMW)
(avatar: MILLIE MAE)
Old 11-20-2014, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsbootycall (View Post)
I have SUCH a hard time thinking Jesse and Sarah would tweet that birth certificate if the baby dies. Not saying it is impossible but I really hope not.
I can't fathom it either!
Icon by Christina

Last edited by Freshgirlly908; 11-20-2014 at 08:54 PM