Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-15-2015, 03:45 PM
Master Fan

I don't think this will effect filming.

If Jesse was a professional basketball player, then he wouldn't be able to play in a few games.

I don't see why he wouldn't be able to film. Filming doesn't require physical activity or running....

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 02-15-2015, 07:55 PM
Master Fan

It does take a lot of walking and if the hours are long it could be tiring on his body. Also it could influence any intimate scenes for Jackson and April. Not that I expected any but still.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

I've seen some shows just write the injury in to make it work. Honestly, he could wear a brace easily under scrubs and hide it too, as long as they keep him stationary and don't show him limping. Or like I said in first part they could say he and Owen were playing one and one and it happened or he slipped randomly. Ha

If he just twisted his knee, it will be fine in no time anyway. Football players go out and play with twisted ankles and broken ribs. He can film a few scenes.
Old 02-16-2015, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

I feel like a lot of us were disappointed with the fact that Japril lost their baby and still can't really discuss the episode.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I feel like a lot of us were disappointed with the fact that Japril lost their baby and still can't really discuss the episode.
You are probably right. I think most of us felt we knew what was coming, but despite that, I still feel a little emotionally fatigued. I also think most of us, myself included, thought the episode and Sasses work, not to mention Debbie Allen (and even Caterina Scorsone) was freaking brilliant. Heartbreaking but epically beautiful! The best episode for years and years.

We also don't think there will be any Japril at all for the next two episodes (SD said she is off in 12-13), which imo is easy to understand, but still feels anticlimactic after this intense a story arc. I do really hope for Jackson though! I NEED it even. Isn't mama A going to be in 12? If not, I almost don't feel like watching

I have a feeling they will probably have to write in this injury on GA for some reason (poor JW, but he looks pretty happy anyway at least )

Instagram

Last edited by Haspen; 02-16-2015 at 02:27 PM
Old 02-16-2015, 03:15 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haspen (View Post)
You are probably right. I think most of us felt we knew what was coming, but despite that, I still feel a little emotionally fatigued. I also think most of us, myself included, thought the episode and Sasses work, not to mention Debbie Allen (and even Caterina Scorsone) was freaking brilliant. Heartbreaking but epically beautiful! The best episode for years and years.

We also don't think there will be any Japril at all for the next two episodes (SD said she is off in 12-13), which imo is easy to understand, but still feels anticlimactic after this intense a story arc. I do really hope for Jackson though! I NEED it even. Isn't mama A going to be in 12? If not, I almost don't feel like watching

I have a feeling they will probably have to write in this injury on GA for some reason (poor JW, but he looks pretty happy anyway at least )

Instagram
I couldn't agree more. This episode was brilliantly written and portrayed. Not one stone was left unturned. It nailed Japril's journey.

It doesn't feel so much anticlimactic to me as transitional in the arc.
I felt as though the baby wasn't going to make it once Shonda's interview came out a few weeks before episode 11. The writing was on the wall that this was about a Christian dealing with termination and how they were going to show another side to prolife/prochoice.
I am just eager to see Japril dealing with their grief.
We know for sure from SD's interviews that Japril will become closer, just that April's personality will change and how Jackson deals with that in "rockstar husband" way.

I am looking forward to this new dynamic in their relationship. A maturing.
They shared something unbelievably profound on many levels, and showed me that their devotion to each other is on more solid footing than the majority of the couples pass and present.
Hell, I would say that they showed that Japril's understanding of each other far surpasses the long term relationships that are on the canvas.

I could not have envisioned the amazing work that JW and SD did. The writing for this episode was perfection.
Showing them, as they have always been, outsiders to a degree.
The cast cares, but let's face it, it's always only been them.

Add Mama A's maternal support so eloquently portrayed by DA and especially her sensitivity to April's religious views and this writer has now become my all time fav.

PS...Let's hope if Shonda has to accommodate JW's injury its by getting Japril in bed for many episodes.

Last edited by justathought; 02-16-2015 at 03:20 PM
Old 02-16-2015, 05:52 PM
Master Fan

SD makes it seem like April is harsh or her personality comes across as a bit more jaded. Then Jackson swoops in and is accommodating and accepting of any shade she may or may not throw in his direction. I understand though, I would be too if I was in her.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ok so wow that episode amazing yet devastating. I know we all had a feeling the baby would die but I was still holding out hope, especially since all the other patient storylines in that episode involved miracles.

SD and JW were amazing it really felt like how an actual couple would react to that sort of situation.I am so happy that one of them got to do the voiceover. So many moments to pick from but some in particular: When they were walking through the hospital at the beginning and Jacksons eyes were glistening with tears. Or when April said "All I wanted to do is start a family with you". Or when Jackson said "Of course I will do that for you, I'll do that for you, him and us" This and all the flashbacks killed me

Its sad that we lost Samuel but hopefully someday in the future (not the series finale) they will get their healthy baby.

It will be interesting to see where they will go next. What just happened will probably be the biggest thing to happen to them this season, so I hope that the writers don't just write them off for the rest of the season. SD said April will be gritter which I get, so it will be interesting to see how Jackson reacts to that. I really hope that what SD said about them being stronger after this will be true because I really don't want what happened to calzona happen to them. Plus this show needs to prove that a couple that goes through a tough time does not just break up.

I don't know where their story goes next. Maybe something with the Harper Avery Foundation for Jackson. Maybe Catherine and Richard will get together again and get married. I don't know what do you guys think?

Also JW responded to someone on twitter and he may have been joking but I guess he has a torn ACL. So who knows what that means for filming, maybe they will write it in that would be funny.

Also can anyone tell me if this picture is recent
I Have Ridden The Rides & They Were Good! — [12/50]*»*Sarah Drew
Old 02-16-2015, 07:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'youalways (View Post)
Ok so wow that episode amazing yet devastating. I know we all had a feeling the baby would die but I was still holding out hope, especially since all the other patient storylines in that episode involved miracles.

SD and JW were amazing it really felt like how an actual couple would react to that sort of situation.I am so happy that one of them got to do the voiceover. So many moments to pick from but some in particular: When they were walking through the hospital at the beginning and Jacksons eyes were glistening with tears. Or when April said "All I wanted to do is start a family with you". Or when Jackson said "Of course I will do that for you, I'll do that for you, him and us" This and all the flashbacks killed me

Its sad that we lost Samuel but hopefully someday in the future (not the series finale) they will get their healthy baby.

It will be interesting to see where they will go next. What just happened will probably be the biggest thing to happen to them this season, so I hope that the writers don't just write them off for the rest of the season. SD said April will be gritter which I get, so it will be interesting to see how Jackson reacts to that. I really hope that what SD said about them being stronger after this will be true because I really don't want what happened to calzona happen to them. Plus this show needs to prove that a couple that goes through a tough time does not just break up.

I don't know where their story goes next. Maybe something with the Harper Avery Foundation for Jackson. Maybe Catherine and Richard will get together again and get married. I don't know what do you guys think?

Also JW responded to someone on twitter and he may have been joking but I guess he has a torn ACL. So who knows what that means for filming, maybe they will write it in that would be funny.

Also can anyone tell me if this picture is recent
I Have Ridden The Rides & They Were Good! — [12/50]*»*Sarah Drew
1. I really do think what Sarah said. They are not gomma be the next Calzona. They are so different in so many ways, but one of the biggest thing that makes me be sure about this not beng the calzona's leg is that this happened to both of hem and the decision was mutual, not one of them doing something about the other doesn't know or doesn't agree.

2. That pic is not current. I think it's for last season
Old 02-16-2015, 10:35 PM
New Fan

Hey everyone!

I'm a long-term lurker, but I thought I'd start posting!

I was very sad to see April and Jackson so devastated, but SD and JW's acting was phenomenal!

So, we don't know if JW will be in the next episode?
Old 02-16-2015, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

I think JW will be in the next episode (no word that he wouldn't be), but SD will not be due to maternity leave. Though I do expect his airtime to be what it was before this arc (pretty much nil).

Welcome.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

have you guys seen this:
SCOOP | Spoiler Chat, Eonline (2/17/2015) - GREY'S ANATOMY

I wish I could weep in JW arms
Old 02-17-2015, 09:55 AM
Loyal Fan

I did see that. It was very sweet. I just wish that JW had done some press for this storyline. I'd love to know what he thought about it both from an actor and a character point of view.

Sounds like he has a torn ACL. I wonder if they'll be able to wait on surgery until the end of the shooting season.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:14 PM
New Fan

Yeah I also wish JW would have done some interviews for this storyline. I wonder if we will see them take down the crib or mention the baby's room. I know it's fictional, but it's so heartbreaking.

I just wonder what will happen with Japril for the remainder of the season. I have no doubt they will stay together, but I wonder what storylines will be next for them.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:21 PM
Master Fan

Taking down the crib will be so heartbreaking! So sad that we didn't get very much time with them at all in 11a. I am guessing that is intentional. Can you imagine if we saw all the little moments like the first kick, shopping for baby items, a baby shower. it would have gotten us too attached and that is the reason why they didn't show us those moments because it would have made things even more devastating than they already were. They had already discussed baby names, they had the nursery somewhat set up, April said that Jackson was going to be a great dad, they were on their way in the preparations.