Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2013, 10:53 PM
Loyal Fan

I can't really blame her, I mean her character is stuck btwn 2 men and she's half of a very popular ship. If she gave us hope then we kinda wouldn't be suffering through all the angst this story is creating which I'm sure Shonda loves...and really, if April is having a wedding as the hiatus cliffhanger, I can hardly see her giving us anything.

*icon by bluepenguin*
Old 10-31-2013, 10:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaythoo (View Post)
I can't really blame her, I mean her character is stuck btwn 2 men and she's half of a very popular ship. If she gave us hope then we kinda wouldn't be suffering through all the angst this story is creating which I'm sure Shonda loves...and really, if April is having a wedding as the hiatus cliffhanger, I can hardly see her giving us anything.
True and also she really can't give any hints that might be spoilerish!
Old 10-31-2013, 10:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaythoo (View Post)
This
Old 11-01-2013, 12:16 AM
Master Fan

Honestly, it bothers me how happy/over the moon April is over getting married in this episode. Telling Jackson that it's a good thing he wasn't a perfect boyfriend cuz now she is getting married and all is GREAT. This doesn't sound like the same woman who told Jackson that she wants him. And that same woman who tried to run towards a bus that was about to explode. Or scream out Jackson's name in panic.

It's like it NEVER happened.

April/Matthew STILL bother me the most. I mean, they were in the actual promo for next week's episode? WHY? Why would ABC promote Matthew if he's only a guest star? It just makes zero sense.

I just hope ABC/Shonda don't think the April/Matthew coupling is popular with the fans because SD also tends to answer all the April/Matthew questions on twitter!

Thank GOODNESS for those sides I read for episode 11. Otherwise, I would have thought Japril were done in this episode, honestly. Because there were zero hints/nothing for Japril in tonight's episode.

About the sides:
Spoiler:

Just to add, normally, when you want to develop a storyline, you SHOW SCENES of the characters. You have BUILD UP. I have no idea why Shonda put Japril in the same position in these episodes. It's like I could just skip the whole season of Grey's Anatomy and then watch all the episodes later. That way, I'd be less frustrated!

"I will not let anything happen to you."
Walter and Paige

credit for the icon: Chiara G
Old 11-01-2013, 12:21 AM
Elite Fan

Oh the sisters just find him hot?
Old 11-01-2013, 12:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Look at Jackson's body language.

We know he always had a weak spot for April being confident - and seeing her owning the situation on recovery, had awoken something in him.

If you notice, by the end of theher scene - his whole body was evidently leaning towards April, along with the lingered look on his shoulder after she tapped it...

On his next scene with Stephanie at Joe's, on the other hand - he leaned backwards, putting further distance between them, later he sitting straight and a bit closed.

Maybe I overthinking it - but after rewatching those scenes, I believe we are on the right track

Last edited by Dafi; 11-01-2013 at 01:29 AM
Old 11-01-2013, 03:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

I've just seen japril scenes... Well, I wasn't expecting nothing really serious, so... I'm not disappointed.. I have to say that I did't like their scene in the OR...too friemdly, she was like 'you were totally bad so thanks cause I'm merrying the perfect guy now' and he was like 'well yeah, now I'm the perfect boyfriend'....really?? But then I liked the banter in the last scene, there I saw the hidden feelings again...from J and from April too...
In reguards to rhe promo
Spoiler:
My only fear now is the ILY....i would be sooooooo disappointed if either Jackson or April says ILY to S or M. But...I have a bad feeling about it
Old 11-01-2013, 04:22 AM
Master Fan

thanks for the new thread!

i'm a little disappointed we didn't get a more meaningful scene... but i still loved the look jackson gave her at the end.

danny & mindy

Old 11-01-2013, 04:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonorchid84 (View Post)
Yea I definitely can't fathom why things have unfolded the way they have.

Why we were given a possible Japril storyline and then JS and MA are happening while JA are just stalled is frustrating beyond belief. It really ONLY serves to bring Stephanie into the GA fold.

If I had more faith in the writers, this episode would be the first step toward JA...with April expressing a very real criticism of him...how he was never as nice and patient with her when she spun out like he is with Stephanie. Is it cause he loves Stephanie more? I don't know anymore. But he is definitely trying and thats something he never did with April. But why didn't he? If I had more faith, this would be something that might come back later for Jackson if he ever thinks about April again.
I'd like to think that he didn't do it with April because he was really scared about the point of fall in love with his best friend
Old 11-01-2013, 04:58 AM
Master Fan

They are going back to be just friends again. Better than nothing I guess. And I had the feeling that the stuff they mentioned in the spoiler about Matthew and April would be sex the first time.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSam4Life (View Post)
I think almost everyone is bad at it the first time
Teehee, except Jackson! Remember, he lost it to two girls at once... "I knew EXACTLY what I was doing." *fansface*, and apparently April was good enough to keep HIM coming for more, lol. Oh, Matthew, you don't stand a chance.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'youalways (View Post)
I liked the japril scenes in this episode. April was badass, and they seemed very flirty honest friendly together. I really did not see the jackson and Stephanie scenes as that big a deal at the end he even took April's advice.

I don't know about next week, but when jerrika Hinton talked about Stephanie and Jackson problems it was around episode 8. If they plan to have Jackson stop April at the alter Jackson and Stephanie better start having some problems.

Also jerrika Hinton tweeted a photo of Her JW and Debbie Allen together. They are filming episode 10 and Debbie Allen is directing. I am somewhat convinced based on titles and sides that is the episode where they break-up. Like I said they need to if they want some sort of japril cliffhanger in the finale.
I'm really glad someone is thinking like me! I was really depressed before I watched the episode, because the comments here made me think I was in for a Stackon-heavy Japril-bashing episode, but I liked the Japril interaction! Jackson was doing his eye thing, and helllllo, when she touched his shoulder and he just looked down at it and then tried to reciprocate but she was walking away? Gah! I also think that the fact that they are talking about what went wrong/right in their relationship is HUGE progress, and I feel like they're trying to learn from it in their current relationships, so that when they do get back together, and come on, everyone knows they will [see this quote from TWOP: "Jackson then finally convinces Stephanie to let him take her home and care for her until her vision stabilizes. I hope she appreciates it since it sure feels like he and April are going to rediscover each other one of these days"], they'll have learnt from it. I'm sorry, I'm super optimistic. I feel like you could be right about when Stackson break up as well. And with Matthew and April possibly getting it on, hm, I'm undecided, I think they could work it either way: she sleeps with him and realises that she didn't just want to go to the carnival, she wanted to go to the carnival WITH JACKSON, whilst also creating some delicious drama if Jackson finds out, or she doesn't and this causes problems for her and Matthew, and she realises that the perfect man isn't perfect: or that, even better, perfect is not what she wants. I do't know. I'm just glad we're getting Japril scenes now.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentyne.ice (View Post)
You know what I find really frustrating that Camilla Ludington acts like a bigger Japril shipper than SD. CL tweeted "Cute Japril Moment!" for tonight's episode and all SD did when someone asked her if there was hope for Japril was say "Just keep watching". That's all fine and whatever but then I read the rest of her tweets and she answered two M/A questions saying they "Just might be perfect for each other" and "He's so sweet" or something to that effect and again with the repetitive statement of it's hard to choose between J/A and M/A. I'm just sick of it, she never gives me hope ever.
I actually think that's a better sign for Japril, because it's like she can give all her two cents about Matthew because he's not as important as keeping the Japril drama alive. They WANT us to angst all over about Japril. I am absolutely cool as a cucumber about SD's tweets. Love CL for being such an unashamed Japril fan. I feel like, CL is at table reads, she would know when to stop hoping for Japril. If she hasn't, I certainly won't! I know it's exhausting on our poor shipper hearts, but keep the faith!
Old 11-01-2013, 06:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

I bet he is not that innocent, he should have some clue...
but now that he knows he will be compered to Jackson, he must be prepared.
Maybe he should get some tips from "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" movie.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaprilOTP (View Post)
I'm really glad someone is thinking like me! I was really depressed before I watched the episode, because the comments here made me think I was in for a Stackon-heavy Japril-bashing episode, but I liked the Japril interaction! Jackson was doing his eye thing, and helllllo, when she touched his shoulder and he just looked down at it and then tried to reciprocate but she was walking away? Gah! I also think that the fact that they are talking about what went wrong/right in their relationship is HUGE progress, and I feel like they're trying to learn from it in their current relationships, so that when they do get back together, and come on, everyone knows they will [see this quote from TWOP: "Jackson then finally convinces Stephanie to let him take her home and care for her until her vision stabilizes. I hope she appreciates it since it sure feels like he and April are going to rediscover each other one of these days"], they'll have learnt from it. I'm sorry, I'm super optimistic. I feel like you could be right about when Stackson break up as well. And with Matthew and April possibly getting it on, hm, I'm undecided, I think they could work it either way: she sleeps with him and realises that she didn't just want to go to the carnival, she wanted to go to the carnival WITH JACKSON, whilst also creating some delicious drama if Jackson finds out, or she doesn't and this causes problems for her and Matthew, and she realises that the perfect man isn't perfect: or that, even better, perfect is not what she wants. I do't know. I'm just glad we're getting Japril scenes now.
I actually thought it looked like he was trying to shrug her hand off his shoulder bc he couldn't handle her touching him and being that close to him...kind of a like a different version of the I'll give you a high-five bc I won't be able to deal with hugging you.

*icon by bluepenguin*