Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-16-2014, 03:39 PM
Loyal Fan

I like this new time slot tbh since I'm from Europe and being able to watch the episode an hour earlier is gonna make things so much easier for me

But if they cut the sexy times for the couples I'll be sad.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:50 PM
Dedicated Fan

I love sexy Jolex of course, but I would rather see a loving sexy scene of them. Idk, her sleeping in his arms? That would be great Him kissing her spine in 10x14 was great too, though.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:50 PM
Master Fan

They've said they're not cutting sexy scenes, so hopefully that's not the case. There weren't many last season anyway.

The new timeslot is okay for now, though there were occasions when I would drive home on Thursdays and make it home before 8pm. Now it's on at 7pm, and to drive home from work and make it by 7 is putting it close. So I guess I won't be going home on any Thursdays. I just hope I don't have events and stuff that come up on Thursdays that I HAVE to be at. I won't be happy.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarens (View Post)
I love sexy Jolex of course, but I would rather see a loving sexy scene of them. Idk, her sleeping in his arms? That would be great Him kissing her spine in 10x14 was great too, though.
I need this to happen!!! They always rather have these steamy scenes, but I would love to see cute scenes like them cuddling. Or like you said, her sleeping in his arms! Or him pulling her against his chest after sex and kissing the side of her face But I also really enjoyed the kissing her spine and snuggling her scene! That came pretty close to my wishes

And I hope they meant it with the not cutting the sexy times statement! It's always been a big part of Grey's.

Oh yeah, I can totally understand that its airing time would collide with work. I often had to wait till the evening of the next day to watch the new episodes because of having to work, and Grey's is a show I hate to delay watching because I'm always so curious about what happened with my faves.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

I'm already turning down extra work-related events I would normally go to because they're on Thursdays. I don't get why people schedule stuff on Thursdays. Don't they know it's Shonda's day?
Old 09-16-2014, 05:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Now with How To Get Away With Murder they have turned Thursday completely into Shonda day I won't be going anywhere on Thursday evenings for the next 12 weeks.

I would love to see them cuddle. And say affectionate words to each other. Especially "I love you"s. I'm not a super romantic/cheesy person, and I think Alex and Jo aren't either, but I really need them to tell each other how much they mean to each other. It's essential for TV couples to show the audience.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:19 PM
Master Fan

I don't know if it's possible to watch the three shows back to back. To be honest, I struggle to focus on Scandal. The show requires every bit of attention from me for me to understand what's going on because it's so fast paced. It's difficult for me to focus, and I don't know if I can give it my full focus after an episode of Grey's. Usually I'm freaking out.

How to Get Away with Murder does look better than Scandal, IMO. But we'll see.

I just want them to have a steady storyline and one that's not all over the place like last season. Is that too much to ask for? I know Shonda said they're not a focus, because when has Alex or his relationships ever been a focus anyway? If they can tie their storyline into MerDer, that'd be great, because then they'd at least get some focus. They've tried to parallel the couples on a couple occasions, like when Alex said Grey and Shepherd had to be together. It was clear he was thinking about Jo romantically then.
Old 09-17-2014, 03:30 AM
Master Fan

Tftnt

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 09-17-2014, 11:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkxtwisty (View Post)
I just want them to have a steady storyline and one that's not all over the place like last season. Is that too much to ask for? I know Shonda said they're not a focus, because when has Alex or his relationships ever been a focus anyway? If they can tie their storyline into MerDer, that'd be great, because then they'd at least get some focus. They've tried to parallel the couples on a couple occasions, like when Alex said Grey and Shepherd had to be together. It was clear he was thinking about Jo romantically then.
I think (hope!) that Shonda meant that they as a couple won't be a focus only in the first couple of episodes because Alex will be dealing with Mer and the board seat, and not that they won't be a focus during the season. I think that we will definitely get some kind of story as a couple sometime in the middle of 11A, hopefully Jo-centric this time. Maybe there will be some kind of cliffhanger leading into the next part of the season.

Also, I have been speculating based on interviews and photos that maybe it is Stephanie who opens Alex's eyes to the fact that Jo is not thrilled that Mer has been monopolizing Alex's time. We know that they share an elevator scene together and that she is working with Alex and Mer on a case. So maybe Jo complains to Steph in the beginning of the episode and then Alex and Mer make plans for that night or something while working with Steph and she has to spell it all out for a clueless Alex in the elevator. What do you think?

This scenario would really work for me for a few reasons. First, I don't really want Jo bitching to Alex or especially Mer about it, plus, I actually really like Stephanie and wouldn't mind some interaction with Alex and I enjoy it when Alex is so dumb about women sometimes and someone has to clue him in. As long as there is a mature conversation between Jo and Alex about it at the end, I would really like to,see this.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of the Radio (View Post)
I think (hope!) that Shonda meant that they as a couple won't be a focus only in the first couple of episodes because Alex will be dealing with Mer and the board seat, and not that they won't be a focus during the season. I think that we will definitely get some kind of story as a couple sometime in the middle of 11A, hopefully Jo-centric this time. Maybe there will be some kind of cliffhanger leading into the next part of the season.
Yes, I hope we get a Jo-centric storyline this season. Last season was kinda all about Alex. And I don't want Jo to be like Alex was with Izzie in season 5, where it was all about him being there for her (which would have been a better relationship if she weren't hallucinating sex with Denny or if she hadn't left him after the cancer)

Quote:
Also, I have been speculating based on interviews and photos that maybe it is Stephanie who opens Alex's eyes to the fact that Jo is not thrilled that Mer has been monopolizing Alex's time. We know that they share an elevator scene together and that she is working with Alex and Mer on a case. So maybe Jo complains to Steph in the beginning of the episode and then Alex and Mer make plans for that night or something while working with Steph and she has to spell it all out for a clueless Alex in the elevator. What do you think?

This scenario would really work for me for a few reasons. First, I don't really want Jo bitching to Alex or especially Mer about it, plus, I actually really like Stephanie and wouldn't mind some interaction with Alex and I enjoy it when Alex is so dumb about women sometimes and someone has to clue him in. As long as there is a mature conversation between Jo and Alex about it at the end, I would really like to,see this.
I would love to see that happen. I like Steph and I like her friendship with Jo. I would love for her to interact more with Alex and them talking about Jo. And I love clueless Alex just as much as you
Old 09-17-2014, 01:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi, I'm new here! Can I be added please? I LOVE Jolex.

Quote:

I like that idea very much. It would be great if the story went that way. Definitely better than bitchy Jo.

So far I'm not too excited for the premiere next week. I'm not disappointed either, just not super excited. After the spoiler came out that Meredith and Alex would bond a lot and Jo would feel left out, I thought this was supposed to happen in the premiere. I think it was one of the first spoilers. Now it looks like we'll only get the Mer/Alex bonding in the premiere. And then there's the Bailey stuff of course, but I'm not thrilled about that at all. So yeah... I don't expect great things for the premiere, but at least we know for sure we'll get a cute Alex/Meredith scene.

But I wish, they'd finally invest more time and effort in Jolex. Which is why I hope your theory will come true. Sounds like a good story.
But after that I really need a big Jolex story asap. I definitely don't want to wait until 11B for that to happen.

So that was a lot of words for my first post. I hope it's not too confusing. I just have a lot of thoughts about Jolex and I love discussing stuff
Old 09-17-2014, 02:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Welcome I'msolost!
You are in the right place here, we absolutely love people who love discussing about Jolex

I think we can start hope something about Jolex only since 11x04, in the first two episode we know they have to end the storyline about the board, in 11x03 I think will start the story with Jo-Alex-Meredith, so hope after that they can start something new for them. Or maybe they will connect the Jo-Alex-Meredith with a future story? If they have a serious talk about this and about where they are in this relationship maybe can start a story with them try to figure out what they want... like a new step in this relationship! Ok, now I'm going over with my thoughts...

Quote:
I know Shonda said they're not a focus, because when has Alex or his relationships ever been a focus anyway?
Really we haven't to worry about this! When Shonda said Jolex aren't a focus she was obviously talking about the first episodes, she didn't said they aren't the focus for the season. His relationship aren't ever a focus, yes, but also because he hadn't a serious relationship, except Izzie all the other relationship were so bad and obviously not so important that I think the writers didn't want invest in it. But now with Jo the situation is different. This is a serious relationship, even if someone don't like them as a couple no one can said that this relationship isn't important for Alex. So, the writers really can't ignore that, sure they will focus more about them!

Quote:
Also, I have been speculating based on interviews and photos that maybe it is Stephanie who opens Alex's eyes to the fact that Jo is not thrilled that Mer has been monopolizing Alex's time.
When I saw the pics I was thinking "maybe they are talking about Jo", and since we have this story with Jo-Alex-Mer, this scenario would be so good! Sure Jo is not a kind of person that can tell Alex to leave Mer because she feels herself put aside, especially if she knows how bad is Mer at the time. So I really can see her talk about that with Steph about how she miss Alex, and would be so good if Stephanie tells Alex something, she would be a really good friend to try to help Jo, also would be funny see someone open Alex's eyes.. he is so cute when he "is so dumb about women and someone has to clue him in". Lol

Last edited by Sav@; 09-17-2014 at 02:52 PM
Old 09-18-2014, 09:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msolost (View Post)
Hi, I'm new here! Can I be added please? I LOVE Jolex.
Hey, there! Welcome! I added you.

Quote:
So far I'm not too excited for the premiere next week. I'm not disappointed either, just not super excited. After the spoiler came out that Meredith and Alex would bond a lot and Jo would feel left out, I thought this was supposed to happen in the premiere. I think it was one of the first spoilers. Now it looks like we'll only get the Mer/Alex bonding in the premiere. And then there's the Bailey stuff of course, but I'm not thrilled about that at all. So yeah... I don't expect great things for the premiere, but at least we know for sure we'll get a cute Alex/Meredith scene.
I'm the same, really. I'm not very thrilled, but I'm still kinda hopeful that we will at least get some kind of Jolex scene, would be weird to me if we didn't get anything at all.
I also think that it's time for them to get an interesting storyline as a couple, we all weren't really happy with 10B. But at least we got to see how strong their relationship had become. Which worries me though, to be honest, since they still haven't broken up yet. And after a marriage proposal, Jimmy and the HR rule they stuck together, so who knows what would have to happen for them to actually break up with each other. I'm a bit worried.

And what sava said is true, he never really had any good relationships to focus on, but the writers also made them bad relationships with not focussing enough on them. But yes, his relationship to Jo is definitely serious, I think nobody can deny that.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I'm still kinda hopeful that we will at least get some kind of Jolex scene, would be weird to me if we didn't get anything at all.
Yeah, I think so too. But after the last few episodes of s10, I really want more than that. I know it's stupid but I'm getting really impatient and greedy. I just want MORE. I want a big, significant storyline for them. It's been half a season now that they've had one. It's time they give them some good material again. Sadly it doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon.

Well, I am kind of looking forward to this little Meredith/Alex/Jo story now. I hope Spirit of the Radio's predictions will come true. Then this could actually be a sweet little storyline.

IMO the Private Practice story was a joke. I was not satisfied with it at all. For me there was only one memorable scene in that whole storyline and that was when Alex came home after he had spoken to Arizona and was just so happy and Jo was happy with him. And they kissed and turned and joked and kissed and turned. That was very sweet. But other than that that storyline was a waste IMO. Sorry to be such a downer, but that's how I felt.

I know the comparisons with other couples and characters are stupid, but I really feel like Jolex always gets the smallest piece of the cake and other couples get bigger stories.

Quote:
he never really had any good relationships to focus on, but the writers also made them bad relationships with not focussing enough on them.
Sadly this is very true. Well, Alex did get some pretty good focus when he was with Izzie in s5. Needless to say that this relationship was problematic for other reasons. But concerning the amount of screentime and depth of the story, I really wish they'd treat Jolex like Alex/Izzie. Rewatching scenes with them always makes me jealous. They had some really beautiful and emotional scenes together. I find Jolex much better, because it's healthier and I definitely like Jo more than Izzie, but I miss the deep scenes Alex and Izzie had.

Don't get me wrong, one of the things I love best about Jolex, is that they are not such an overly sappy and cheesy couple, but we didn't even get ONE real ILY from Jo to Alex. And I miss stuff like that.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

I think almost everyone of us didn't like the private practice storyline much, but I'm not sure if I would call it a complete waste..? It was nice for me to see someone acknowledge Alex's greatness, it made me so happy that someone like Lebackes wanted him in his practice. The last time he had been acknowledged was when he was about to go to Hopkins, but since he didn't leave it got forgotten about immediately. I kinda did like that for once he was the one to do something big, since he also wasn't on the board and everything. In regards of Jolex it just kept showing us how supportive Jo is with Alex's decisions and that she wants good things for him. It really wasn't a juicy storyline for them as a couple, but I think it was also done to give Alex a way to not appear in the hospital anymore, should Justin have decided to leave the show. Probably better than almost killing him off And we can't forget that he is making good money right now, probably enough for him to be able to afford nice things for once

I agree about Alex and Izzie having these deep scenes, but if you look at what most couples are getting at the moment, none of those storylines make up for such dramatic scenes like the ones Alex and Izzie had. Maybe Calzona dealing with Arizona's leg is the most dramatic out of all of them. But I have to say that it really does annoy me that they wasted the cancer storyline on Alex and Izzie. Not because I didn't enjoy it, because I did, and it gave Justin an incredible opportunity to show his acting skills. But basically Katherine complained about not getting good material, then got the amazing cancer story that was one of the best drama storylines on the show, and then just decided to leave. Now a lot of people think that the Alex/Izzie relationship was sooo great because of the cancer storyline, when it was more of a Alex/Izzie/Ghost Denny love triangle in which IMO we never got to see how much Izzie actually loved Alex back, since she was constantly hallucinating being with Denny. (I think they were probably gonna dive into that more in s6 but then KH left and now it really does look like Izzie wasn't as invested in their relationship as Alex was, at least IMO) But this shall not be me hating on Alex and Izzie, I just think that any other couple on the show (out of those who turned out to be long-term couples) would have been better for the cancer storyline than a couple that got destroyed immediately afterwards.

And that's why I also really don't think that we will get the same deep scenes that Alex and Izzie had. Jo can't get cancer, but maybe something could happen to Alex at some point, but there are couples like Jackson/April who didn't have a storyline where one got seriously hurt yet either, so they would probably get that before Jolex get such a storyline. But yes, damnit, give us a proper "I love you" from Jo!