Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2017, 01:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Jo IS NOT pregnant on the show.
Camilla filmed scenes for future episodes while she is still skinny because of it.
ERussia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Yes, unfortunately not. The characters are more likely to become pregnant if the actors are not pregnant.
Katie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I remember when April looked extremely pregnant in season 8, but it was actually Sarah. Her face was so bloated and they did such a poor job at hiding her stomach, lol. It was so obvious. However, they never wrote her pregnancy into the story, just like they won't write Camilla's.

Honestly right now a baby is the last thing they need. Shonda managed to make this domestic storyline worse than I had never imagined. It made things worse for Jolex and a baby is not going to fix it just because you want Meredith and Nathan, lol. I hate Alex and Meredith too right now, but right now Alex has shown some bad judgement in his life. He did not even show any remorse for his actions towards Deluca. Right now what he has to do is redeem himself as a character before he has any children, IMO.
Agree! I've not wanted a baby in the last 2 seasons because of the state of their relationship and to do it now would be even more ludicrous, but it's moot because she's not pregnant. And I agree regarding the remorse - it's one of my biggest issues with this whole disaster of a storyline... he's not actually expressed regret or remorse over his actions - only disappointment in the consequences for himself and what he's done to his life, job and friends. He has yet to apologise to deluca and I'm really holding out for that apology scene because it needs to happen. I think the way the writers have played this has made it worse, because having him pull off miracles with babies for redemption, and getting yelled at by a new boss isn't enough; it's trying to build sympathy for him instead of earning forgiveness for his actions by showing he cares about the people his actions affected. And I know he is trying to protect Jo now, which is a really in character thing for him to do and I love that, but my issue is with the way the writers are presenting it. Because its dragging on so long now that people are now blaming Jo and deluca which is disgraceful, but no longer surprising. They hsve mishandled this domestic abuse storyline to a disturbing degree and I'm trying to convince myself that surely they will SOON start to handle this extremely serious societal issue with some effort and tact, instead of completely disregarding the female's perspective.
Greysjolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysjolex (View Post)
They hsve mishandled this domestic abuse storyline to a disturbing degree and I'm trying to convince myself that surely they will SOON start to handle this extremely serious societal issue with some effort and tact, instead of completely disregarding the female's perspective.
Worst storyline ever. And only because Alex has a history of acting violent in the past. If they wanted to give him more screentime they could have brought someone back from his family for example. I guess it's just a matter of time that they bring Jo's ex husband back. Hopefully this will include some Jolex scenes.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:25 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm also curious what will be from Jo's ex husband or husband. Will he still show up? Is he in prison or outside? All these questions one has and I hope it is not all about Eliza Minnick, which makes me huge on the nerves.

That with Jo's husband would be a good storyline around Jo and Alex.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:02 AM
Master Fan

really want to see Jo husband too, but i think writers already forget this SL...

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
ryanforever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:11 PM
Addicted Fan

It was nice that Alex protected her.
Stelena&Bamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 02:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanforever (View Post)
really want to see Jo husband too, but i think writers already forget this SL...
I don't know. There was a reason they mentioned her ex husband. This would give Jo a storyline of her own. And maybe we would find out more about her past. We still don't know her real name yet.
Old 02-07-2017, 02:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanforever (View Post)
You should rather throw this stupid Eliza out and look for someone else for Arizona. Or callie back.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:26 AM
Master Fan

Jo really needs a storyline of her own, away from Alex. Both need time to deal with their own stuff. As long as they both have unresolved problems they can't be happy together.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian'sKimberDoll (View Post)
Jo really needs a storyline of her own, away from Alex. Both need time to deal with their own stuff. As long as they both have unresolved problems they can't be happy together.
I don't want them back together. And I do want Jo to have a storyline away from Alex but this husband thing is so perfect for them to explore together. He's the one person who deserves to know more and he's the one person who can understand (ok I guess now Deluca too? And that scares me a little) because he watched his dad beat his mom for years.

My biggest problem is actually that while I do want Jo to have more outside of Alex, I'm tired of Alex's friendships. And I'm also in such huge Jolex withdrawal. We had two seasons of them being together but barely having scenes together and now another half of a season where they were broken up and again almost had no scenes together. I don't want to go through another half of a season like that or I'll go crazy.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian'sKimberDoll (View Post)
I don't know. There was a reason they mentioned her ex husband. This would give Jo a storyline of her own. And maybe we would find out more about her past. We still don't know her real name yet.
Totally agree about Jo past...so frustrated...

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
ryanforever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 02:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarens (View Post)
I don't want them back together. And I do want Jo to have a storyline away from Alex but this husband thing is so perfect for them to explore together. He's the one person who deserves to know more and he's the one person who can understand (ok I guess now Deluca too? And that scares me a little) because he watched his dad beat his mom for years.
You are right. It would be perfect for them to explore it together. But with Alex's violent nature and past I'm not so sure this is a good thing. Something bad could happen. And Alex doesn't need another charge of criminal assault.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Surely something has to come out of this trial? At least probation, social work or anger managent classes for him? I think whatever happens with the husband won't lead to Alex getting charged with something else, that would be too much. But if Jo has to somehow talk about him or deal with him, it's only Alex I can imagine to be there for her. I wouldn't want her to have that storyline with someone else.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarens (View Post)
I wouldn't want her to have that storyline with someone else.
Maybe DeLuca? Because he was the first who knew about it. But that's another topic.