Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-06-2017, 03:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

too much break up and too many characters, it takes times now for me to remember people's names lol!

we need a balance and they can be it the roots of the show
Old 03-06-2017, 04:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian'sKimberDoll (View Post)
The abusive husband storyline is one I look forward to the most. It's something Jo and Alex can deal with together. And maybe this will bring them closer together again.
Really hope writers dont forget this SL!!

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 03-06-2017, 08:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

One thing that has totally changed about this show since the start is the complete lack of romance. Honestly, the closest thing we've had is that Arizona kiss last episode, in god knows how long!! Remember when there used to be hook ups in the on call room or some kind of hot scenes? For a long time the show used Jolex for that, in seasons 10 and 11, but since they haven't gotten together like that since flipping season 11 it's so pg lol, it's not bothering me overly it's just something I've noticed.

But I would definitely kill for a really hot Jolex hook up haha, god there must be so much simmering passion there, they've been apart for so long and they had a pretty hot relationship, that it would not surprise me if we had SOMETHING like that in the next few episodes! it can't be that far outside the realm of possibility can it ? Lol. I'm just getting bored, there's seriously zero that interests me about this show anymore except these two. And I agree with spirit, I'm fully expecting this husband arrival now that anything else is unacceptable haha
Old 03-08-2017, 04:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysjolex (View Post)
Remember when there used to be hook ups in the on call room or some kind of hot scenes?
I remember very well. But this was not about romance it was about sex. Sometimes I was really annoyed about the "bed-hopping" of the characters. I remember there was a scene when the characters had to write down with whom they had sex and Alex forgot about Lexie. I think he was the guy who had the most women. He was constantly busy in the on-call-room.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't even have the desire to watch the episodes anymore...

I get that they're taking Jolex slowly this time blah blah, but this season they're not even make Alex talk to Meredith or anyone about Jo. And I really wonder how that is possible when there's so much unresolved stuff between them.

Like okay don't give me Jolex scenes every episode, it's not like I'm expecting you to, but can't Alex for once talk about how he feels? For God's sake, just one "I miss Jo" would be nice. Or an "I love her but I'm mad at her" or just SOMETHING. Then I wouldn't care about him telling Meredith to go after Nathan or whatever, if for once he would talk about what he wants to do about his own love life.

I wish someone who goes to this Grey's panel would care enough to ask why Alex's love life gets ignored so much on this show when his love interest is right there next to him. I have to be honest, it makes me not want Jolex together much if all we're gonna keep seeing all the time is Alex's friendships anyway.

The way they used to write them, in seasons 9 and 10, they treated them like a real couple. Now it's like Jo just exists so Alex has a love interest but we'll never see much of that relationship anyway because showing Alex in a relationship is not the writers' priority.

Last edited by yarens; 03-11-2017 at 05:01 AM
Old 03-11-2017, 04:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarens (View Post)
Like okay don't give me Jolex scenes every episode, it's not like I'm expecting you to, but can't Alex for once talk about how he feels? For God's sake, just one "I miss Jo" would be nice. Or an "I love her but I'm mad at her" or just SOMETHING.
If they indeed plan to establish a DeLuca/Jolex love triangle it's very likely Alex will show his feelings for her. Right now they stuck. She is back to her old self and Alex works to forget about her. I think sooner or later they have to talk about their relationship.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian'sKimberDoll (View Post)
If they indeed plan to establish a DeLuca/Jolex love triangle it's very likely Alex will show his feelings for her. Right now they stuck. She is back to her old self and Alex works to forget about her. I think sooner or later they have to talk about their relationship.
Honestly, I don't understand how a triangle would even work at this point, unless it is one that is completely made up in Alex's head. Jo has never, ever, even one time shown ANY kind of romantic interest in DeLuca. Not even a little bit. And we have less than 10 episodes left, two of which are going to be stand-alone episodes (and maybe even more than that) plus one focusing on Maggie's mom. So unless Alex sees them together and gets the wrong idea, it will be completely unbelievable.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:43 AM
Master Fan

Arizona and Minnick came out of nowhere two episodes ago. All it takes is one linger glance from Jo for people to think a triangle is on the horizon.

To be honest, I can't even really tell if Deluca has feelings for Jo. It isn't even made entirely clear on that front either. Then again the show has completely dismissed any type of romance so who knows what we are meant to see.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

For a certain portion of Grey's fans, all it takes is two characters standing together in the same room LOL! I have seen people shipping Jackson/Maggie and Owen/Jo after each had nice scenes together.

But for me, they will have to really, really sell some kind of Joluca romance because I hae seen no hint of it at any point in this storyline, at least from Jo's side. And I don't think that either character will ever get the kind of screentime needed to make it even remotely believable. Not saying it won't happen, but it will be completely out of nowhere, and will really do no favors to any member of the triangle. Andrew will look stupid to pursue Jo, knowing what he knows, Alex will once again look like a jealous *******, and Jo will look like a woman who can't exist without a man. I reaaaaaalllly hope they don't go there.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hahaha Jackson and Maggie?? Oh my god.. well I guess that's only slightly less weird than the Alex/Maggie shippers that popped out of the woodwork when Alex had a scene with her in season 11 lol.

Oh, I really hope they don't go there as well. Not even just because I'm a Jolex fan, but for all the reasons you just mentioned spirit. And yeah exactly, Deluca knows that Jo was in a 5 year relationship that literally only ended because she has ties to ANOTHER man, that she can't escape. And she's in that situation until she gathers the courage to do something about it, i.e. Divorce, but until then she's living with that cloud over her head and in the meantime is still in love with Alex. So I mean even if deluca has feelings for her, because you can't really control that, he would have to be so thick to then throw his hat in the ring and go after her with those intentions, when it's quite obvious she really just needs a friend and not yet another man. And exactly, No one is going to look good, but this is greys, and they don't care about consequences for characters anymore if it gives them fuel for temporary drama. Argh I wish I could walk away I really do :/.

And yarens I totally feel you.. I haven't watched the latest one haha and am definitely not watching next weeks. I really miss seasons 9 and 10 too. I'm thinking of doing a rewatch right from the start but I think if I do itl make what the show is now seem pretty ridiculous haha. So maybe ill wait a few years
Old 03-11-2017, 06:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of the Radio (View Post)
So unless Alex sees them together and gets the wrong idea, it will be completely unbelievable.
It was the other way round, when DeLuca saw Jo talking to Alex. He was jealous. I remember that there was an interview after that scene where Camilla said that she is not sure that Jo is aware of DeLuca's feelings for her. I think it's obvious that he cares about her in a special way. I don't know if this will lead to a love triangle. But Shonda is hinting on it and so it can happen.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

I think it would depend on fan reaction. She damaged Jolex a lot in fandom so she is probably being careful with Jo and Alex, knowing that a lot of people are hooked on Meredith and Alex. I highly doubt she is going to put Alex with Meredith but she is prioritizing their friendship to make fans happy, IMO.

If she starts seeing people pick up on Deluca and Jo in the way they picked up on April and Jackson in season 8, she might write in that direction. Right now she is probably testing fan reaction.
Old 03-12-2017, 02:56 AM
Master Fan

I think you are right. The Merlex friendship was more important than anything else in the last few months and episodes. Shonda knows they have a fandom. I don't think either that she will make them a couple but she is flirting with the possibilities.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

Well Shonda is definitely giving people who ship two characters who are called brother and sister by the actors more fanservice than she has ever given us.

What bothers me so much about Shonda is how little interest she shows in Jo. When she live tweets, she never tweets about her. In episode 14 she had an important part in the episode but Shonda didn't tweet about her ONCE.

She said this season we would hear more about Jo's past and put in context with Alex's. And so far nothing. I'm still waiting for Alex to talk to Jo and mention his own mother. Is that really so hard to show us?

The reason why I wrote my last post was because I had seen that part of the Ellen/Justin video where they are sitting at a table (looks like the frat house table) and there are plates for more guests which tells me in episode 18 there will be a dinner.

Now that episode I had been really looking forward to, because I thought it would finally progress the Jolex storyline but how does a dinner at the frat house fit into it? It doesn't. And it just made me really annoyed, because allowing Alex just ONE episode where he interacts with Jo and not the sisters so they can progress their storyline is apparently too much to ask for on this show.

Since we don't know if the loft scene from the Ellen/Camilla video is really gonna be a Jolex scene, it might as well just be Alex having dinner with his friends at the frat house and Jo having friends over at the loft. From that episode there is no BTS footage of Justin and Camilla together, only apart.

And I'm really starting to wonder why I even bothered to watch this season. It's beyond awful. We still barely know more about Jo's husband other than him almost killing her. Jolex had had one meaningful interaction since the elevator scene and all we get every single episode is Alex/Mer/Maggie ALL THE TIME. They can't even bother to give Alex/Arizona a scene when Arizona had said that she misses Alex.

Camilla could have her baby any minute and if they didn't bother to film her scenes beforehand, where does that leave us? With almost no Jolex interaction over the entire season, after already two years of almost no Jolex interaction when they were together.

I'm sorry that I can't be diplomatic and say other ships can have their screentime, they got ignored too, because none of them got ignored as badly as Jolex keeps getting ignored. We would deserve a centric episode considering that our ship has this huge storyline that needs to get going already. We deserve more screentime of them together because it's been a horrible 3 years for us.

And yet it's other ships who keep getting everything. I'm just tired because I honestly don't think anymore that we have much to look forward to. Justin's interviews had sounded positive but right now I'm not sure at all.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarens (View Post)
I'm sorry that I can't be diplomatic and say other ships can have their screentime, they got ignored too, because none of them got ignored as badly as Jolex keeps getting ignored. We would deserve a centric episode considering that our ship has this huge storyline that needs to get going already. We deserve more screentime of them together because it's been a horrible 3 years for us.

And yet it's other ships who keep getting everything. I'm just tired because I honestly don't think anymore that we have much to look forward to. Justin's interviews had sounded positive but right now I'm not sure at all.
Would you really want to be a fan of any couple on this show at this point? Meredith seems like she barely likes Riggs and is almost never nice to him, so I am not sure why they are even going to pursue anything. Owen and Amelia were together for 5 minutes and during that time they either fought or one or the other of them would get cold feet, they are married now and nothing has changed. They had absolutely no lighthearted period, where they just seemed to enjoy each other, it was angst and drama from day one. Jackson and April are getting a centric episode, but the only thing that I got out of the last centric episode was that these two should never, ever get back together again, as they are just too fundamentally different. They don't share the same values and they judge each other for the values that they disagree with. For the life of me, I don't understand what the individuals in these pairings actually LIKE about one another. So, honestly, I just don't see how being a fan of any of these couples is any better than being a Jolex fan. Mer/Riggs didn't interact for like an entire half of a season. Same for Owen and Amelia. Jackson and April have barely existed as anything more than roomates this season.

I know that I'm biased because I'm a Jolex fan. But I'm a Jolex fan BECAUSE I understand why they are a good couple, and why their obstacles can be overcome. They both obviously love each other, and I think it shows in nearly any "real" scene that they have together. They were friends first and had a great time together. They make each other laugh, alot. They have things in common and they are not judgmental toward each other. I think that they both have similar pragmatic moral codes, they do what they need to do to survive. They have a great sex life. They want the same things in the end (they just can't get there 100%). They actually ENJOY EACH OTHER"S COMPANY, which should be a very minimum aspect of a relationship, and yet many couples on Grey's don't seem to. They may have great sex, but its like they can barely have a conversation after that. Jo and Alex do have trust issues and they aren't always the best communicators. But when they work, they really work. They can communicate when they need to and I think that they both understand where the other is coming from. And again, they actually LIKE each other.

I"m sure that fans of those couples don't see it that way, and that they could pick apart Jolex if they wanted to. But at the end of the day, I find it easy to root for Jolex and I think that most of the other couples should not only not reunite, but they really shouldn't ever talk again LOL! If at any point I thought that Jo and Alex were better off without each other, then I would really say that I got the shaft as a fan. But that hasn't happened for me, at least not yet. Which is not to say that I don't get the frustration. The Jolex relationship was ignored for a long time, and they clearly are not a priority. Alex as a character only matters as he relates to Meredith and Jo doesn't matter at all. As for what characters "deserve", I think that they all deserve better at this point. Jolex got ignored yes, but their relationship didn't get outright destroyed and ruined to the point that I don't want them to get back together, and I certainly can't say the same for others. I understand why that might not be enough for other people, and I"m not trying to talk you out of your anger or frustration, but I'm just giving my perspective as a Jolex fan. I'm not trying to be diplomatic about the other couples, (clearly ), but I just don't think that any fan of any character has so much to be happy about.

Quote:
I think you are right. The Merlex friendship was more important than anything else in the last few months and episodes. Shonda knows they have a fandom. I don't think either that she will make them a couple but she is flirting with the possibilities.
Shonda doesn't care about Alex outside of Meredith, lets be honest. She never has and if Riggs/Mer takes off, Alex will go back to the Friend Trash Heap just like he always has. I am not convinced that MerLex as a couple has SO many fans. It is more that the entertainment magazines and websites like clickbait. They get a lot of scenes because they are two originals and regardless of whether or not people like them as characters, they bring the nostalgia for many people who have watched for a long time, and that is not just a few people. But until either one of them shows any kind of actual romantic or sexual interest in the other (which I have not seen at all), I am not going to worry about it. Their friendship is a very popular part of the show, especially when Meredith really has nothing else going on, and that's why Shonda gives it attention.

Last edited by Spirit of the Radio; 03-12-2017 at 11:37 AM