Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-27-2017, 09:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Alley Cats [Alex ღ Jo] #43: "She's still madly, completely in love with him." - Camilla Luddington

W E L C O M E T O T H E 43rd
ALEX KAREV & JO WILSON
A P P R E C T I A T I O N T H R E A D

"...in my mind, they're these two alley cats who hang around together."

shippers.
01. ryanforever
02. Christian'sKimberDoll
03. fragileღheart
04. LEYTON_TLA
05. *~Sophia~*
06. JaSam4Life
07. Pretti
08. Two-Core-Aura
09. feelingepic
10. aab11
11. Slexie
12. tinnie75
12. crashintoyou
13. gingerly
14. MexieFan
15. bandcandy
16. HiddenFancy
17. Liam's curls
18. TheShepherds
19. sdrewfan84
20. {worshipfulness}
21. ces't moi
22. sweetxmisery
23. Hellmouth
24. Chastidy
25. Petrovafire
26. mel_
27. FanFun
28. Mountain_Girl
29. Japril
30. AlwaysCB
31. I LOVE japril
32. Annso
33. katie1993
34. Sav@
35. NTga848
36. maryy89
37. xsweetgirlx91
38. jokarev
39. yarens
40. I'msolost
41. AmidalaEmma
42. Laurène
43. dh23
44. Lauren James
45. MrCottonsParrot
46. sourburst
47. ~wanderlust~

moments.

honourary shippers.
camilla luddington
justin chambers
sarah drew
caterina scorsone
kelly mccreary
kevin mckidd
ellen pompeo
james pickens jr.
jessica capshaw
meredith grey
cristina yang
arizona robbins

download here

quotes.
"if you watch back there are hints of jo falling for him too,
a long time before that kiss. she was crazy about him but
tried hard to ignore those feelings, because she thought
she'd mess it up and ruin their friendship. her insecurities
are just like alex's. but for her - he was always number one.
and there are so many signs of that throughout the season.
but she also had no clue alex felt that way..."

"he allows her to be vulnerable when she
normally carefully controls what she exposes about herself,
and she allows him -- no judgment -- to be exactly who he is."

"she's finding her footing in how to navigate,
for the first time, a really trusting relationship.
he may go above and beyond for her, but jo would
also do anything for him. she wouldn't abandon him."

"i think your "person" would never leave you.
i think they couldn't walk away from you
because it would be hard to breathe without you.
i don't think they have to be "perfect" by any means,
i think they just have to fit for you."
- camilla luddington

"sometimes it’s not about opposites attracting.
sometimes you need to be cut from the
same cloth to move forward, I think that
they understand each other really well,
but I think that she adds an excitement to him
— a spark."

"he’s found someone who is his match
and he’s challenged by that. before,
it was always about, ‘well this is what
i went through and you don’t know what
it’s like.’ now someone does know what
it’s like, so that should be a good challenge.”

"what i’ve been doing the last two years, i think,
is great. they’re giving alex some fun stuff to do with jo."
- justin chambers

the moment.

reasons.
01. Because they both come from similar backgrounds.
02. Because she steals doughnuts from Dermatology for him.
03. Because she bought him a couch... with the money she won from him.
04. Because they drink beer and hang out.
05. Because she cherishes their friendship.
06. Because he's into her.
07. Because he still believes co-workers dating can work.
08. Because she doesn't want to never see him again.
09. Because she wouldn't find a teacher as good as him if she left.
10. Because he wants the best for her.
11. Because he loves her.
12. Because he would have killed a guy for her.
13. Because she wouldn't have let him cover for her.
14. Because their love is so strong it smashes windows.
15. Because why wouldn't he?
16. Because his home is hers.
17. Because she wears his sweaters like they're made for her.
18. Because they're both fighters.
19. Because not everyone is like them.
20. Because mother nature ships them so hard she had to get in on the action, too.
21. Because her crazy fits his crazy.
22. Because "OH, THANK GOD."
23. Because she's the thing that's special.
24. Because he should have thrown her over his shoulder and had his way with her months ago.
25. Because she's not a nobody.
26. Because at least with her, thinking about dead people is a mood killer.
27. Because Justin Chambers swears that Jo really is Alex's person.
28. Because "dog face."
29. Because he let her in.

fanmixes.

previous threads.
01. Because he called her "Princess"
02. Because she doesn't want to never see him again.
03. Because he loves her.
04. Because she allows him to be exactly who he is.
05. Because they've turned us into tree haters and couch lovers.
06. Because, "..." "I don't hear anything." "Shut up." "Okay, but-" "I'm serious." "Fine." "I love you."
07. Because "If you watch back there are hints of Jo falling for him too, a long time before that kiss."
08. Because it's fate, or whatever.
09. Because, "Alex and Jo are really charmingly funny together." - Shonda Rhimes
10. Because mother nature ships it so hard she had to get in on the action too.
11. "She's the thing that's special, dumbass." - Cristina
12. "Because,"she adds an excitement to him - a spark." - Justin Chambers
13. They're both flawed but they complement each other and there’s an unconditional love."- Justin
14. Because he is her sexy double agent.
15. Because we are hoping for lots of emotional Jolex scenes in season 11.
16. Because we are very grateful for all the goodies we got lately.
17. Because "Jo is the love of his life." - Justin Chambers
18.Because we are impatiently waiting for our big Jolex storyline this season

justin & camilla.

on tumblr.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the thread sweetgirl, just watched the episode. I'm going to ignore the fact that it shouldn't have been the mid season opener because there were a lot of things I really liked about it. The three actresses worked really well together, I enjoyed most of their scenes as three. Jo was great, the most compassionate one in this situation. The scene in the car was really well acted, Camilla hit it out of the park. I really liked bailey in this scene the touch on the knee was precious really. However im not sure it's enough, i am really sceptical about the next episode and what's going to happen with Alex, and Meredith who seems to be the only one looking for him. I'm staying off social media as I don't want to read negativity, but as of now I'm going to keep watching with a tiny shred of hope.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:37 AM
Loyal Fan

I took the freedom of creating a new thread since I saw that nobody else bothered. I hope you're all okay with the title but I felt like if I had asked nobody would've answered and I really just wanted to write my last post here and then go.

I said I'd watch 13x10 and then decide whether or not to stick around, and I decided it's best to quit watching.

I'm not gonna go around complain too much about the episode when Jo was nearly in every scene, but I still felt like they didn't use her as well as they could have. A lot of the times she was still standing there just helping or listening. I felt like the guest actresses really nailed it, but the writers gave them way more emotional scenes compared to Camilla, Chandra and Jessica.

Plus what really bothered me was that this trip didn't glue the three together. I was kind of hoping for Jo to find a new confident or mentor after this episode and was disappointed to see that it didn't happen. And Camilla said last night that Jo still has no mentor, and they're already filming what, epsiode 18? It's just outrageous at this point. Giving Jo a specialty should be the writers' top priority when it comes to her character, and they still can't bother. But sure, let Deluca develop feelings for her, because THAT'S what Jo needs so desperately.

I loved the last scenes though, I loved that Jo cared enough about the patient to tell her about her mother, and the moment in which she took her into her arms and told her that her baby's gonna be fine and that she'll miss her mother everyday made me tear up. I so desperately want to know more about Jo's past and I read that Camilla said she learned something juicy about it, but truth is, I can't take it anymore. The writers aren't doing Jo right. She deserves so much better and I'm tired waiting for it to happen.

And I'm also tired of the Grey's fans. They gross me out at this point. Them and their misogyny and victim shaming.

I hope people will somehow keep this thread active although I feel like not many are writing anymore. If anyone was ever bothered by what I used to write, I'm gone now, so feel free to come back.

I think we might actually get some good Jolex scenes in the upcoming episodes, but I seem to be constantly disappointed by the writing for Jo. And I'm just disgusted by the turn this storyline took in general. What was supposed to be a conflict between Alex and Jo in regards of the husband and Jo not telling Alex the truth for years has turned into Alex vs. Deluca and the trial, which seems to be the only thing people care about. And where they hate on the victim or on Jo because Alex might get some punishment that he would actually deserve in this situation since he did something wrong. We all saw how badly injured Deluca was but for some reason he became the bad guy in this stiuation. Or Jo. 😷 And that's where the show and fandom annoys me so much. I love Alex but just because he's the original he got all the perspective in this storyline and it made people sympathize with him even more than they would have anyway.

I wish everyone who is still watching some nerves of steel. I've reached my limit... The only way I will come back (and quitting is really hard when your social media accounts are all about this stupid show) is if the writers finally do Alex and Jo's storyline justice, but especially Jo. But I kind of doubt it.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:43 AM
Loyal Fan

No problem, Greysjolex, I'm just glad you wrote your post before I wrote mine because it made it possible for you to write something really positive. I mean, I liked the episode too but I was just expecting something more, like for Arizona to say "Wilson, I really think you'd be great in fetal" or for the three to have more of a bonding moment that now makes them allies. Like I read in a preview, they all care so much about Alex after all, and it would've been nice to see them work through this together.

But like I said, I'm not gonna complain much about an episode that gave me so much Jo. I think what also made me a bit negative was the promo for the next episode. I'd rather see an emotional Jo like Camilla described other than this cold Jo who keeps pushing everyone away and blames herself for everything. And I assume she won't get to talk to Alex next episode, but I really wish she'd talk to someone else, maybe Arizona or Bailey. Someone she caj share her worries with. And I fear that none of that will happen and that I will just get angry again, so I decided it's best not to watch anymore. I get annoyed very easily at this point and I feel like next episode will only annoy me.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsweetgirlx91 (View Post)
No problem, Greysjolex, I'm just glad you wrote your post before I wrote mine because it made it possible for you to write something really positive. I mean, I liked the episode too but I was just expecting something more, like for Arizona to say "Wilson, I really think you'd be great in fetal" or for the three to have more of a bonding moment that now makes them allies. Like I read in a preview, they all care so much about Alex after all, and it would've been nice to see them work through this together.

But like I said, I'm not gonna complain much about an episode that gave me so much Jo. I think what also made me a bit negative was the promo for the next episode. I'd rather see an emotional Jo like Camilla described other than this cold Jo who keeps pushing everyone away and blames herself for everything. And I assume she won't get to talk to Alex next episode, but I really wish she'd talk to someone else, maybe Arizona or Bailey. Someone she caj share her worries with. And I fear that none of that will happen and that I will just get angry again, so I decided it's best not to watch anymore. I get annoyed very easily at this point and I feel like next episode will only annoy me.
No as I've said before I totally understand why you are disheartened and feel like we deserve better!! Completely understand, I have been there for the last 2 seasons in particular, and full of so much rage and disgust that I can't even watch the episodes. So I think 12A was sort of the last straw in terms of how much anger the show was producing so I knew I needed to try and detach myself from it. I think I've accepted that no what, we won't get exactly the development we want for Jo. So I'm trying now to have zero expectations and try to not expect too much. Having said that if it's another Merlex heavy episode with no jolex interaction, or no emotional scenes for the two of them in the next few episodes I'll probably be back to the square one anger but the spoilers and camilla are seemingly indicating that we are going to get some good angst, and if that's the case, and it's focussed on them, I am all for it

So was just looking st the positives because there is nothing really to gain from dwelling on the past disservice really, I'm going to tentatively stick it out for the next episode at least, as I was happy with the Jo scenes we got (I do know we could have got more depth but it's an imorovement) and Shonda did actually acknowledge her presence in a tweet for once too which nearly made me fall out my chair haha. As for the mentor, camilla seems to believe that this season is pivotal for her, and I have to believe that whatever is in store, it can't possibly be worse haha.

Alex is a little more difficult - I think what's been the issue for me is the fandom as you said, who are just awful most of the time, and unfortunately I think it's clouded my views, as it's made me defensive of Jo. I loved him in the last episode, he was so great to Jo and is trying to protect her and keep her safe. So I think I really just want to see the old dynamic - more focus on his relationship and his perspective on that, not his friendship.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT!!!
Love the scene with Jo,Bailey and Arizona...really intense

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 01-27-2017, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT! Love the title.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

some people think she might be pregnant cause she got sick. well camilla said they are hiding her pregnancy so i don't think so. i think she was emotional the whole day and that news were too much for her.

I liked the episode but like you said, no good choice to return from midseason finale. I don't understand how people can rant about Jo in this episode and they do. she was right with everything she said and did. But some people will always hate her even when she saves the world.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:36 PM
Master Fan

I thought the same about a possible pregnancy. But there are more reasons for puking than a pregnancy. She didn't know about Alex' decision, so her getting sick was a shock reaction.
Old 01-27-2017, 03:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slexie (View Post)
some people think she might be pregnant cause she got sick. well camilla said they are hiding her pregnancy so i don't think so. i think she was emotional the whole day and that news were too much for her.

I liked the episode but like you said, no good choice to return from midseason finale. I don't understand how people can rant about Jo in this episode and they do. she was right with everything she said and did. But some people will always hate her even when she saves the world.
Yep, Greys fandom: the world of Jo hate I've actually read a comment that states that Jo forced the girl into labour by putting her under stress. SERIOUSLY. I just cannot with these people lol. I really wish I knew how and when it got so bad. I have My suspicions - Meredith started treating her poorly, and she went on a downhill spiral in the eyes of people who can't seem to form an opinion that differs from the sun. Who she likes, they like. Who she looks down on, they look down on. Probably why some people hate amelia too. The writing has just made it worse but honestly, people act like she's some evil manipulative witch who intentionally sets out to hurt and screw people over. Everything she's done for Alex and how supportive she is gets forgotten, as well as how much they both love each other. I wish they would take their rose tinted Hating glasses off but I'm trying to not get too absorbed in the social media viciousness because it's infuriating and exhausting.
Old 01-28-2017, 04:38 AM
Master Fan

Camilla said she dont think they will include her pregnancy on the show...

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 01-28-2017, 08:54 AM
Master Fan

It was the same with Ellen Pompeo. Sie was pregnant and they couldn't use it for the storyline. When they wanted her pregnant she already had her baby.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanforever (View Post)
Camilla said she dont think they will include her pregnancy on the show...
they won't just like with Ellen and JCa . It is hard to write it in for the show due to the timeline changes and all of that.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

Last week was a nice watch but I knew it wouldn't last. I actually don't know what to say anymore except that I didn't think it could get worse than seasons 11 and 12, but it did. I love how the writers broke Jolex up and gave Jo a reason to be mad and distanced from Alex, and now that he apologized and she's not mad anymore, they're making her shut down completely. Anything to give us more of the Merlex friendship instead of actually showing us some Jolex instead, I guess.

And I'm tired too. Is this how it's gonna go from now on? Shonda said Alex came back home, is the frat house his home now or what? Last season he was still referring to the loft as his home. I mean, if you look at it neutrally it's a nice concept of Meredith living with her sister and her surrogate brother, but her surrogate brother has been on the show for as long as she has and he never got to have the things she had with Derek. And instead of giving him that when he does have his love interest on the show, the writers put him right back to seasons 7/8 Alex who's living with his friends and has nothing better to do. Only the sleeping around thing is not happening.

By the way, I find it inappropriate that apparently he and Meredith are sharing a bed, but all these things are also proof of how platonic they really are. So I see no reason to read something more into it when there's nothing there, but I find it ridiculous. Go sleep on the couch or actually be an adult and rent an apartment, it's not like you have no money. Which two grown ups who are both successful surgeons platonically share a bed? This show is so kindergarten sometimes I don't know what to say anymore.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:34 AM
Master Fan

I agree. I'm so fed up with the Alex/Mer scenes. It is as if his life can only work when Meredith is around. I rather would see him with Arizona than with Mer. And why make Jo say she was fine when she obviously was not?