Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-01-2016, 03:34 PM
Loyal Fan

But why would they do Merlex now? Who would Riggs end up with, Maggie? After having slept with her sister already and not being interested in Maggie in the slightest and caring about Meredith? As much as I hate the idea I think pairing Alex with Maggie now still makes more sense. It would be Alex/Lexie all over again but it's not like the writers don't repeat every stupid thing on the show. I still don't think they would ever do Merlex, it's just too wrong and makes too little sense to me when they have already introduced Riggs and actually made him hook up with Meredith. Alex will even befriend the guy, which seemed quite obligatory IMO since Cristina and Derek bonded too over the years. So I don't know why they would go the Merlex route at all.

Maybe this all is the bump in our journey but if they go with Joluca I don't see how Jolex would recover from it. It just feels like we're taking hit after hit after hit as the fandom. Maybe Joluca won't happen anytime soon and whatever Alex does in the midseason finale will be telling for us if Jolex are over for good or not. Giacomo made me think that Jo's secret will come out and I wonder how that will happen.

But yeah I completely agree. If they end Jolex will end because of other characters and not because of themselves. I can't describe the writing as anything but cheap and lazy. They could've ended Jolex last season by making Jo realize that she doesn't want to come second to Alex anymore and end things, and stay broken up. That was something they at least spent two years on. All of this now just disgusts me.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Not y'all losing your **** over absolutely nothing. No one confirmed JoLuca or anything for that matter.
Calm down.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

It's not nothing, it's at least proof that deluca has feelings for Jo, something that some of us were predicting but hoping they wouldn't go there, as it's the last thing Jo as a character needs. She needs a friend, not a lovesick guy whose going to make her feel guilty for loving the man she has been with for 4 years, and wanted to have a family with. I don't blame deluca for hating Alex, but he had no right to preach to Jo about her choice in men, it was the actions of a jealous guy, which we basically just got confirmation of. I don't like the way Jo said nothing to defend her relationship but I like it even less that becuase she's so isolated (again, THANKS WRITERS) she takes what little connections she has seriously, so delucas word is probably almost gospel to her. And since she's lost Alex as a pillar of support, she's allowing herself to be influenced by deluca, which is not healthy and causes me concern about her next actions. I wouldn't put it past the writers to have her get with him simply because she is misconstruing her need for a Bond with someone, someone to understand her, as romance. But gratitude for friendship isn't romance or love. The only way this would be even slightly realistic is if this was EXPLAINED to us and her viewpoint was heard. But it won't be, naturally.

Yeah you're right jokarev, it won't happen soon. This has all just been building for so long, and for me it was the last straw and I was just being pessimistic, and the show has let me down so much I don't put it past them to ruin it beyond repair with merlex. Let's just hope she doesn't return it. How can she, she's In love with Alex FFS. I'm so pissed.
Old 11-01-2016, 04:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Jo is among my faves and I rather see her in a good RS with DeLuca, than in RS with Alex who always chose Meredith over her.
Being a main character >>> being a side h*e
Old 11-01-2016, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can we please calm down and not swear at each other? Thanks.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:25 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah I had hopes for the Jo/DeLuca friendship but all he's gonna do is influence her that Alex is bad for her and act jealous. So for me their friendship is ruined now. I thought Jo needed someone to talk to and that someone will just keep her away from Alex now because he has feelings for her. This is starting to remind me of the Alex/Jo/Jason situation in s9 and I don't like at all what the writers are doing here. Suddenly Alex is all wrong for Jo, is her new Jason and she has a new better choice, or what? I feel like all of this can only end very badly and I'm not sure if I want to sit back and watch it.

And ERussia, you can ship Jo/DeLuca all you want, nobody here will say anything about that but then please do it in their thread that you opened. Don't come into the Jolex thread saying that Jo should be with DeLuca instead of Alex. This is definitely the wrong place for that.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:19 AM
Master Fan

ERussia, a thread for Jo/Delucca shippers exit..Thank

If Jo/Delucca hook up (and sadly sure it will happen before the end of season) it does not surprise me from Delucca, and he will take revenge from Alex. I'll surprise compared to Jo, because I thought she loved deeply Alex, and she could give him a second chance ... But since the writerss have decide to destroy his character by removing the little sympathy the fans had for her...

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 11-02-2016, 06:08 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't know either. I thought so too, Jolex love each other deeply but apparently all the writers care about are Alex's friendships. And I'm saying this because if somehow the writers now decided to end Jolex for good it can only be for one reason: Alex being Meredith's person now, having to be close to her all the time and Jo not fitting in. It drives me crazy because Owen and Meredith were never close either and it somehow still worked with Crowen.

DeLuca is right with one thing, Jo deserved better in s11 and s12 after how much she had supported Alex. She deserved for him to put her first. Doesn't mean she deserves better than Alex and God, I just want Jo to make that clear. I hope they won't write her as someone who lets a friend manipulate her. She's been with Alex for 4 years after all, she knows him better than DeLuca does and I just need some hope here.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:13 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanforever (View Post)
ERussia, a thread for Jo/Delucca shippers exit..Thank

If Jo/Delucca hook up (and sadly sure it will happen before the end of season) it does not surprise me from Delucca, and he will take revenge from Alex. I'll surprise compared to Jo, because I thought she loved deeply Alex, and she could give him a second chance ... But since the writerss have decide to destroy his character by removing the little sympathy the fans had for her...
I know, I created it. Thanks.
Old 11-02-2016, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
I know, I created it. Thanks.
ok,so why are you here?

Old 11-02-2016, 11:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
ok,so why are you here?
Old 11-02-2016, 12:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokarev (View Post)
Yeah I had hopes for the Jo/DeLuca friendship but all he's gonna do is influence her that Alex is bad for her and act jealous. So for me their friendship is ruined now. I thought Jo needed someone to talk to and that someone will just keep her away from Alex now because he has feelings for her. This is starting to remind me of the Alex/Jo/Jason situation in s9 and I don't like at all what the writers are doing here. Suddenly Alex is all wrong for Jo, is her new Jason and she has a new better choice, or what? I feel like all of this can only end very badly and I'm not sure if I want to sit back and watch it.
Oh God, you're right and now your post left a bad taste in my mouth. Except that even though Alex was getting bad vibes from Jason he never tried to take Jo away from him or offered himself as a better option... He tried to be a good friend and let her be happy.

I'm sad, people. This is so not what Jo needs right now. The writers never give Steph love interests but Jo can't ever stay single and on her own. I hate the writers for treating Jo like this.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
SO WHAT?? I'm MerAlex shipp as a FRIENDS. Dont think this is your case..
And i'm one of the first Jolex shipper,i have opened the first thread 4 years ago so thank

Old 11-02-2016, 12:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
SO WHAT?? I'm MerAlex shipp as a FRIENDS. Dont think this is your case..
And i'm one of the first Jolex shipper,i have opened the first thread 4 years ago so thank
I ship Jolex as co-workers.
Thanks.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I ship Jolex as co-workers.
Thanks.
Then please just stay away from a thread in which people ship them romantically and stop causing drama. Why do you even feel the need to comment here all the time? I don't go into threads of pairings I don't ship, that's a waste of time and energy.