Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-23-2016, 07:43 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah I really hope we get somwhere with Jo's past soon. I don't understand why the writers are writing her this way. It's so frustrating.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 10-23-2016, 07:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't get why they're keeping her if they're not interested in developing her. Or why they give her more and more important backstory. I see it with other ships, the writers use the potential they have with them. Whereas 95% of the potential that Jolex have or had has been wasted. Now we have a storyline in progress but it's being told so badly again that I wanna bang my head against a wall.
Old 10-23-2016, 07:57 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah it's like the writers just don't have the interest in Jo to actually put any proper effort into it.

I listened to Giacamo's podcast though and at least there were no questions regarding JoLuca.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 10-23-2016, 08:12 AM
Extreme Fan

The fact they didn't kill/write her off makes me think they do care about her a bit... Steph and her survive unlike other season 4/9 interns.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

You know I was thinking, It sucks because I can't do re-watches of seasons 9 and 10 anymore, because I see jo and Alex, and how amazing they are and it makes me so ****ing pissed off all over again about how they've decimated them. I try and forget to make it easier to finally pack this horrendous show in, but then you see a scene, or gifs and you remember just how amazing they are together when they're being given great material. I HATE the writers for doing this!!!

And the stupid thing is, people forget about the good times because they were so ****en nonexistent in season 11!! And it's like they don't know how to write for them which is SUCH a joke, because jolex have such a rich potential, more than ANY other couple!! Their potential for story lines is ENDLESS! And yet we get bashed over the head with omelia, who are about as fresh and exiting as watching paint dry. I'm so pissed. Because it's not organic characterisation, it's not natural progression of drifting apart, it's BAD and LAZY writing that sunk our ship. And that INFURIATES me!! I know they're not done yet, but I'm so angry at how they've been handled, or NOT handled this season. I'm annoyed at Alex, I'm pissed at the lack of Jo's perspective, and I'm pissed that they're acting like they had a quickie 'that one time' and not a 5 year relationship. I'm angry again haja. I swear to god if next week is only Alex/bailey and they miss the chance to progress jolex I'll probably genuinely be out this time
Old 10-24-2016, 06:23 AM
Loyal Fan

I felt the same the other day when I saw a bunch of gifs on my twitter timeline. They're all so beautiful and they mainly consist of season 9 and 10. 11 and 12 had a handful good moments but unfortunately the negative stuff overweighs. I miss the old days when Alex wasn't Meredith's person and had time to have storylines with Jo. When Cristina was still there and I enjoyed Alex's friendships. When Jolex were the only family they needed.

Do you guys wonder sometimes where Jolex would be today if Cristina hadn't left? Would they be married already? Or would the writers still have done the husband storyline? Which other storylines would they have gotten instead of the stupid Meredith stuff in s11 and s12? One thing I'm not sure of is whether or not Jo would've still gotten ignored as much as she did. Feels like that was a general problem with Leah and Shane's exits and Maggie and Amelia joining the show. I wish they would give her a mentor already. I know she shouldn't complain all the time but honestly? The attendings are the jerks here in my opinon. The writers apparently don't know what else to do with Steph so they keep letting everyone favor her. Jo even said something to Maggie last episode instead of keeping quiet but it's all for nothing. They just have to find someone to mentor her, who just sees some potential in her. Is it so hard?
Old 10-24-2016, 07:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

No it's not that damn hard!!! But now I don't want her anywhere near Maggie. I want her to just click with someone, the way the others do (albeit forced and cringey sometimes). And I also want a damn explanation why she gets so frozen out, and how somehow stephanie is gods gift to surgery and we havent even seen enough to warrant it! And you what, I swear the only ones who even like Jo at this point are Arizona and Richard. She had that one episode with bailey in season 11 but that was dropped and never to be seen again, and bailey has showed zero care or attention towards her in all this Alex/deluca mess which I find poor seeing as she's the one who's supposed to watch out for her people, being Chief of surgery!!eugh, i don't even care if it's Arizona and she goes into fetal surgery, or the specialty Arizona took in season 11 (its slipped my mind) I too just want her to have a mentor that cares about her. Like EVERYONE else does.

And it's shocking they haven't given the sun a mentee, I would've thought they would! I don't have great feelings about Meredith, she got ruined in my esteem so badly in seasons 11&12, but that could be fixed if they utilised on the natural friendships of Ellen and Camilla and actually let them bond. When jo first came on and Meredith pushed Alex into starting something with her, I thought it was heading that way. Because since Callie left I'm really struggling to see who they're going to put her with, and maybe Meredith is the only option, I just don't know!
Old 10-24-2016, 11:38 PM
Loyal Fan

I really think too that Bailey is failing as a Chief with the way she has first treated Deluca and is completely ignoring Jo. She should ask her how she's holding up.

And guess what? In the mid season finale we will see young Stephanie. No mention of Jo. I swear to God, Jo has probably the most important childhood story out of them all but why focus on that and give her a storyline, right? Why when you have other favorites you can focus on? I don't want to explode in anger but I'm so close....
Old 10-25-2016, 05:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokarev (View Post)
I really think too that Bailey is failing as a Chief with the way she has first treated Deluca and is completely ignoring Jo. She should ask her how she's holding up.

And guess what? In the mid season finale we will see young Stephanie. No mention of Jo. I swear to God, Jo has probably the most important childhood story out of them all but why focus on that and give her a storyline, right? Why when you have other favorites you can focus on? I don't want to explode in anger but I'm so close....
Young Stephanie? As in she's getting a flashback episode?

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 10-25-2016, 06:07 AM
Loyal Fan

I saw tweets about an actress who is playing young Stephanie in the mid season finale and she is also mentioned in the press release because a patient will bring back memories for her, Meredith and others. I forgot who all because I got so annoyed.

Because it was SO hard to once bring in a foster child who got abused by her parents and let Alex and Jo work on them, right? Not once could they do that and I'm about to lose all hope they ever will.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:11 AM
Elite Fan

Oi vey that's so frustrating. What episode is mid season finale? Could they be waiting until then ?

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 10-25-2016, 06:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Okay wait, wrong info. I thought 13x08 was the midseason finale like in the last two years but apparently it's 13x09. We will see the Stephanie flashbacks in 13x08.

So my hopes for Jo to have something big in the midseason finale aren't dead yet but people are speculating that Alex's trial will be during that episode. And I have the bad feeling that if something about Jo comes out in that episode, e.g. her marital status it will happen in the worst way and in a manner that will make everyone say "poor Karev" again, for shock value like in 12x24.

The way Jo is being treated on this show is so awful I don't know what to say anymore.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

I hate this show. I don't even know what to say anymore. What has Camilla done to Shonda for her to treat Jo like this? We know something about the husband storyline will come up, but that will be in 13B and the writers will for sure find 100 other storylines to focus on as well so it will never get the spotlight it should. After the last 5 episodes I can't complain about Alex not getting crap anymore but how the writers treat Jo is just... I don't even know what to say. I don't think I've ever seen a character played by a series regular be mistreated so much on this show.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:24 PM
Loyal Fan

I haven't either. And Camilla is quiet as ever. If she could at least give us some hope. I feel like all we Jolex fans do anymore is wait wait wait and get disappointed in return. I wish the stupid media would for once care about the important things instead of dumb love triangles and write some articles about how disappointing the whole approach of the writers on Jo's DV storyline has been so far. Everyone is always talking about feminism unless it's about Jo. Then nobody cares.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Does anyone want to say anything about the sneak peek?

First of all, I can't believe Leah is back permanently. I guess it's because Tessa Ferrer was supposed to work on the new show with Jerrika Hinton and now that it didn't get picked up not only did Steph stay but Leah came back as well. Great! Like we needed another character who steals screentime.

Secondly, is this entire show one huge "let's crap on Jo" fest? I was sure Leah would get praised the minute she came back but they actually have Maggie gushing over her. Whereas Jo? What, is she such a bad surgeon now that not only does nobody want to work with her but nobody ever says she did anything good either? IMO that's nothing Jo can do, it's the writers. For whatever reason they want us all to see Jo as this mediocre resident now but I don't understand why.

I guess the lunch scenes happen after Jo and Alex already start working at the clinic together and both apparently act like they couldn't care less about each other. So either they won't interact much or something will happen later. I'm praying that Jo won't be indifferent towards Alex getting possibly fired though, I just can't reconcile that with her character.

Another thing I don't understand is why Jo is nicer to Leah than Stephanie is. Steph was closer with Leah, Leah slept with Alex, Leah was the reason Jo had to face the board because of the non-fraternization rule. I don't understand at all why Steph seems so overly cold now and Jo is acting so friendly.

Nothing about this show makes sense, I swear.