Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-17-2016, 01:49 AM
Master Fan

Where is the TGIT promo?

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 05-17-2016, 05:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Tweets are always easier for me to embed, don't ask. It's just that I saw a bts photo of the stand ins for that scene and I thought they were redoing this scene with the sisters because there was no way I could see Alex lying down on the grass like that. Guess I was wrong.

They need to stop turning him into Cristina, but the truth is even Cristina had more backbone when it came to Meredith and didn't hesitate to argue with her. Whenever I see that there are these Merlex scenes in an episode first I roll my eyes, but then I think "hopefully this time at least the scene is about the BOTH of them and not just Meredith" and every single time I'm disappointed.

The writers will never give Alex his own life, will they? I keep telling myself that maybe at some point they will realize that they've been hogging him too much for other characters and that they're damaging him and Jolex too much if they keep doing that, but we get the absolute minimal amount of material. Other characters have friendships too and they don't take over their lives like that.

Over the past few days I kept thinking of several storylines I would like to see, like Jo being infertile and Jolex trying to adopt but something going wrong with that, Jo having a really hard time and Alex being there for his wife. Idk how it would all play out in the end, but in my head it made for amazingly heartbreaking scenes. But seriously right now I don't even trust the writers to give them the alone time to go through that process as a couple. I just want to see less of Alex's friendships, and less of Jo's too if they're all gonna be with Stephanie.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:05 AM
New Fan

So sick of watching Alex enable Meredith's bitchiness. I had hope when he stood up to her last week, but it looks like he's back to being a doormat. UGH!
Old 05-17-2016, 07:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Even last week I wasn't really happy with how he told Meredith off. I always feel like he's still too playful and lenient. I guess that's the most we can expect from him from now on no matter how Meredith treats him. I seriously have trouble understanding why people love that friendship so much and some even ship them romantically. Yes it's being shoved down our throats and is the longest friendship on the show except Webber/Bailey, but that doesn't change the fact that the writers totally ruined them in the past two seasons. I wonder how people are so ok with how Alex has basically nothing else going on except playing Mer's therapist and how their friendship is almost exclusively about her. I used to love them but I just can't enjoy them at all anymore.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

People who are defending the Merlex friendship are always talking about the same very old scenes when Meredith was Alex's only friend back in the very first seasons. And I liked their friendship then. Even season later. But now it's far from what it used to be. I'm all for Alex having friends, but I wish those friendships were more like his with Cristina. They were mean to each other, but they still liked each other and helped each other if needed. But it wasn't onesided like his friendship with Meredith. I don't know why Merlex gets so much love from people. But a lot of it comes from people who are hating on Jo and calling her fake and who are annoyed with her backstory. So those people are not making sense in several ways.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:41 AM
Extreme Fan

That's really funny how Meredith and Alex are there. And as Alex has his legs on the grass, is curious. This is intended as a scene where Meredith Alex says that she has slept with Nathan and Alex tells Meredith Jo has repeatedly said no to his marriage proposal and he tells her that he has probably possible separated from it. Let's see what Jo says about these Merlex moment.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Jo won't know about the Merlex moment so she won't say anything about it. And even if she saw them lying there I doubt she'd say anything.

How is Jo fake? I really don't understand those haters. And I really don't understand how they defend this one sided friendship.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Only Alex spends much more time with Meredith as with Jo. If you do not also?
Old 05-17-2016, 12:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

What are you talking about. Yeah Alex is in a Meredith scene, he's probably looking for someone to talk to - which funnily enough he's probably not going to even get given merediths self-serving interests. And just because the writing has been **** and we haven't had many jolex scenes, doesn't mean he's spent all this time with Meredith - in fact he's barely had as much screen time with her in the last few episodes. I agree with sweetgirl and I'm annoyed by the scene aswell but only because I agree with everything tinnie said - they are trying to force Alex into Cristinas role which is a joke - next he'll be complaining about estrogen in a bathroom like she did seasons ago.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:26 PM
Extreme Fan

It is so, and we should accept it that there is such Merlex moments. I think it's good !
Old 05-17-2016, 12:40 PM
Loyal Fan

They're right, Alex isn't spending all this time with Meredith. They just had more scenes on screen than Jo and Alex. But Alex still lives with Jo and comes home when he's not on call and I'm sure when he and Jo have a day off he doesn't go spend it with Meredith either. It's normal they have a scene now because for all we know Jolex could be broken up and Alex needs a friend. But I agree with Greysjolex that Meredith is always more fixated on her own issues and often doesn't really listen to Alex.

As for Jo, I feel like you think she's suspicious of them being more than friends or something like that but Jo has never said anything like that. Her biggest problem was that Alex started ignoring her for Meredith out of the blue after Cristina left, and that this season it got really bad. And that he always takes Meredith's side even when Meredith treats Jo poorly. I imagine that if Jo saw Meredith and Alex lying on the grass there she'd be surprised what they're doing there but not jealous or something like that. I really don't get why you constantly insist on writing in this thread.

And well, I agree. Alex is being forced into Cristina's role, Meredith isn't even a good friend to him in return and the friendship is still very one-sided and always about Meredith and her issues. People shouldn't be surprised that Alex fans aren't happy with it. TBH I don't get why people are happy with it in general but I get that I'm too biased because I think it's affecting Alex negatively. Jo's problem is that she often gets reduced to being a love interest and Alex gets reduced to being a BFF. Both suck and I really want the writers to see that they can't keep doing that. They've been doing it for two seasons now and enough is enough!
Old 05-17-2016, 02:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsweetgirlx91 (View Post)
How is Jo fake? I really don't understand those haters. And I really don't understand how they defend this one sided friendship.
I don't get it either. What do people mean by fake in this context? That her backstory is fake? That she's pretending to be nicer or meaner than she actually is? Or what kind of argument against Jo it's supposed to be? Jo is getting so little screen time that she didn't even really have a chance to do something bad. So what's the source of the hate? Or are people just hating on her because she's not Izzie/Meredith/Maggie/whoever else they want Alex to be with?
Old 05-17-2016, 02:45 PM
New Fan

Jo is amazing, and I really don't get the fanbase's problem with her. I attribute it to bad writing and editing. Whatever the problem, it is getting really old!
Old 05-17-2016, 02:52 PM
Elite Fan

I can't view the promo but what's happening? Merlex moment?

Also I don't think that the fan base is as against jo as they once were. It's just he same group of fans who are negative about her.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-17-2016, 03:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnie75 (View Post)
I don't get it either. What do people mean by fake in this context? That her backstory is fake? That she's pretending to be nicer or meaner than she actually is? Or what kind of argument against Jo it's supposed to be? Jo is getting so little screen time that she didn't even really have a chance to do something bad. So what's the source of the hate? Or are people just hating on her because she's not Izzie/Meredith/Maggie/whoever else they want Alex to be with?
Hell if I knew! But oh my, Izzie has been gone for 6 years now, Meredith is like a sister to Alex and seriously no comment to Maggie because I really fail to understand why people would want her with Alex, they'd make such a terrible couple.
And I really agree. Usually characters with such little screentime like they're giving Jo should not be getting so much hate by fans. What would they do if the writers actually focused on her? And I swear I can't hear the same old, same old "whiny and annoying" anymore when that description fits Maggie much more than Jo.

And Chastidy, Meredith and Alex are lying on grass somewhere and Meredith says the wedding is doomed because it's raining. It's just annoying they're trying so hard to make Alex Cristina when Alex is Alex. I love Cristina and if he were actually acting like Cristina we wouldn't have such an issue with the Merlex scenes because Alex wouldn't take Meredith's crap and would have his own life. This way their personhood is so forced and takes up too much of Alex's screentime.