Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-01-2016, 05:12 PM
Master Fan

They still poorly integrated the season 9 interns/residents into the story. Also, since Amelia and Stephanie are on poor terms, it means she has to hang with Jo to get her minutes.

At least Jo had scenes with Alex last week!
Old 05-02-2016, 02:24 AM
Loyal Fan

It's just ridiculous how little screentime they have together. At this point I will probably be dosappointed if it doesn't turn out to be about Camilla's contract.

All I know is I can't do this for another season. I just want some clear progress in one or other direction. Either have Camilla leave so I can be done or give them the storylines they desperately need as a couple. No wonder so many Jolex fans stopped watching.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

I really wonder if any of the cast is leaving. I thought that SaRa might, but now I think that Callie will show up at the end of the finale with Sofia and there will be a Calzona reunion next season. Even if she were to leave, they would probably need to bring in someone else for Arizona.

Hopefully, if nothing else, Penny will leave. Although that will kind of suck for Jo since she is one of the only people that she interacts with these days. If I had my choice, I would love for Amelia, Maggie and Owen to leave, but I"m sure that won't happen. If Callie does stay then at least there is the potential for an Ortho Posse.

And really, at this point, the only thing that I am holding out for is potential. Jolex has a lot of it and Jo as a character has a lot of it, so maybe some of the other characters will spend a little time on the backburner next season and Jo and Alex will get a bit more than they did in the last two seasons. If not, I'm out and I think that if either of them leave, I"m out. I figured that I would always watch if Alex is on the show, but if Jo leaves, then I think that will really be the end of Alex Karev as the character that I want to watch. He will simply fade away into Richard territory, popping in now and again just to give advice, which is pretty much what he does now. While there are other characters that I can see with Jo, I just have absolutely NO interest in watching Alex with anyone new or anyone in the current cast, so if Jo goes, I probably will too. (Though I don't think she is leaving either, even if there is some kind of cliffhanger.)
Old 05-02-2016, 10:19 AM
Loyal Fan

I think Penny will be leaving but so far she seems to be the only one. I was always sure Calzona would reunite as long as both actresses stayed on the show but they've been hyping Callie/Penny so much this season that I wonder what will happen for them to break up. So far we have no reason to assume that Camilla is leaving, but she's been so quiet lately and for example usually would've posted a selfie with Justin for the fans by now. I'm only saying this because the last one was from the PCA's and that was back in January which is unusual for her. If she leaves we know it won't be her decision to leave though and that is sad.

And I completely agree. I could see Jo with Deluca for example even though they just don't have the potential Jolex have, but Alex? If Jo leaves I think the writers would most likely go for Alex/Maggie and ugh no, that will be the worst pairing ever. I don't even want to think about it. And she's really not someone I want to see Alex end up with, I've been invested in him as a character for too long to accept that. I wouldn't have to watch it because I'd stop but just knowing it would be such a disappointment for me.

I really feel like the church will be for Owen and Amelia. The characters present are all people that one of them is close with. Jo and Alex don't seem to be present at all. Maybe she's pregnant and they're having a shotgun wedding. That will make me so unbelievably mad because I'm sorry but that couple only happened last season. What is Jolex then? Why can't we fans ever get anything? Our couple doesn't even make it till marriage, we get teased with pregnancies every season by someone asking Jo about being pregnant but that doesn't ever happen either. We don't even get storylines. I'm sick and tired of this crappy treatment. I don't even necessarily want marriage or babies but by ignoring them completely the writers make me hope for those things now. And seeing yet another couple get them before us is just upsetting.

I hope Jo's secret is something big but Kelly didn't even mention them when talking about the finale so I'm kind of worried that it's again not something big.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsweetgirlx91 (View Post)
I think Penny will be leaving but so far she seems to be the only one. I was always sure Calzona would reunite as long as both actresses stayed on the show but they've been hyping Callie/Penny so much this season that I wonder what will happen for them to break up. So far we have no reason to assume that Camilla is leaving, but she's been so quiet lately and for example usually would've posted a selfie with Justin for the fans by now. I'm only saying this because the last one was from the PCA's and that was back in January which is unusual for her. If she leaves we know it won't be her decision to leave though and that is sad.

And I completely agree. I could see Jo with Deluca for example even though they just don't have the potential Jolex have, but Alex? If Jo leaves I think the writers would most likely go for Alex/Maggie and ugh no, that will be the worst pairing ever. I don't even want to think about it. And she's really not someone I want to see Alex end up with, I've been invested in him as a character for too long to accept that. I wouldn't have to watch it because I'd stop but just knowing it would be such a disappointment for me.

I really feel like the church will be for Owen and Amelia. The characters present are all people that one of them is close with. Jo and Alex don't seem to be present at all. Maybe she's pregnant and they're having a shotgun wedding. That will make me so unbelievably mad because I'm sorry but that couple only happened last season. What is Jolex then? Why can't we fans ever get anything? Our couple doesn't even make it till marriage, we get teased with pregnancies every season by someone asking Jo about being pregnant but that doesn't ever happen either. We don't even get storylines. I'm sick and tired of this crappy treatment. I don't even necessarily want marriage or babies but by ignoring them completely the writers make me hope for those things now. And seeing yet another couple get them before us is just upsetting.

I hope Jo's secret is something big but Kelly didn't even mention them when talking about the finale so I'm kind of worried that it's again not something big.
I don't know about the church. I don't think that its Alex and Jo, I think that they may get engaged in 12-23 and then she reveals whatever her secrets are in 24 (although that seems dumb, because why wouldn't she do that before they get engaged?) I keep thinking that she will be the one to put the ring on to start the engagement, but maybe he finally gives her an ultimatum and that's why they say that Alex gets clarity on his future.

It just seems like unless its a funeral there has to be some kind of major time jump for the church to make sense. If its any kind of wedding then there would have to be time for some kind of proposal/engagment plus the invitations, etc. If Owen and Amelia were going to get married on the spur of the moment, wouldn't it be the courthouse or Vegas? And if it is the Japril baby christening (which is what I am leaning toward) that would be a time jump too.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:10 AM
Loyal Fan

I did hear that there will be a time jump after episode 23 but maybe that was just people speculating. I just saw some people on twitter who sound dead sure that it's Omelia's wedding and considering that some fans were on set that day maybe they know something we don't. I can't say that I could imagine Owen and Amelia having a church wedding but who knows.

It's all just so disappointing for me and I really need something that will make me watch next season because I'm so done with this show. I don't know how people can still praise it tbh.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:40 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh wow, imagine if Omelia gets married before Jolex when we were the ones who got a proposal after 2.5 seasons / almost 4 years relationship / 3 seasons Jolex. What a slap in the face that would be. But it wouldn't surprise me after this horrible horrible season.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:12 PM
Loyal Fan

The press release says it's an important day for Amelia so I think a wedding is getting more and more likely while Jolex could be headed for a break. I can deal with a break up if it means storyline. However I'm just worried about those secrets Jo has been hiding from Alex...
Old 05-02-2016, 12:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokarev (View Post)
Oh wow, imagine if Omelia gets married before Jolex when we were the ones who got a proposal after 2.5 seasons / almost 4 years relationship / 3 seasons Jolex. What a slap in the face that would be. But it wouldn't surprise me after this horrible horrible season.
To be honest, that doesn't even bother me. I think that if Omelia gets married now, they will be doomed to a Japril/Calzona/MerDer on and off relationship for years. As much as I want drama for Jolex, I don't want that. They communicate better than that and they have never had the stupid on/off stuff. Every single relationship where it was a quickie marriage never really recovers from it (Japril, Callie/George, Alex/Izzie, Cristina/Owen).

I want Jo and Alex to do things when they are ready and not in any kind of competition with other couples. I don't necessarily think that one couple "deserves" something over another, except a storyline. So if it is Owen and Amelia getting married (and I still am not convinced that it is), then good luck to them. At this point a marriage for Jolex would just mean that the writers have that crossed off the list and can keep on ignoring them. They can and might do that anyway, but I think that there is more potential for a storyline if they don't get married in the finale.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:29 PM
Master Fan

The finale synopsis is out. I wonder if the big church event has to do with Amelia/Owen.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Not necessarily. Can also have to do with April and Jackson. Or worse, a funeral service.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:46 PM
Extreme Fan

It would ruin Amelia character, imo.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
It would ruin Amelia character, imo.
What? No! Amelia is a good person.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:05 PM
Master Fan

Well Owen has not treated her with much respect, and just because he decided recently to open up with her does not mean they are wedding bound. It would be desperate of her to say yes. However, I doubt that is going to be a thing for them as it would come out of nowhere.

On the other hand, a Jolex wedding does not come out of nowhere as they did discuss it over the season, but it would not be ideal with the way they have been written as of late, with Alex being inattentive. He has not done anything for the audience to see that would make Jo change her mind. He has not been shown to be a bad boyfriend, he just has not been shown to be any boyfriend at all. Also, with her confessing something to Alex, I don't know if it makes any sense for them to be getting married because then she would have accepted a proposal from him knowing she was being dishonest.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:07 PM
Loyal Fan

For me it's not about what couples deserve either but it's been the only storyline they gave us all season and it would annoy the hell out of me if someone else got married now. I didn't even need for them to get married in the first place because I think you can be happy with your boyfriend for the rest of your life too without ever getting married. And I agree, as awful as it is that they get neglected so much, on/off all the time is the worst. Breaking up once or twice is ok but Omelia for example have broken up so many times by now I lost count. Or I didn't really get their relationship status in the first place tbh.