Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-29-2016, 07:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah go write that in the Meredith/Alex thread because Ellen has made it clear that Meredith and Alex are like siblings and if you think Alex wouldn't be hurt if Jo had slept with someone else and would realize that he's in love with Meredith then this isn't the right thread for you.
You sure know how to annoy the Jolex fans here, don't you?
Old 04-29-2016, 07:23 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh my God Katie, just go away seriously. Clearly you don't understand Alex and what it is he feels about Jo and Meredith and nobody here wants to read your Merlex theories when it has been pointed out that they are as platonic as it gets!

Also Jo isn't mad at Alex for spending time with Meredith or have you seen that lately?

Jo could be keeping things from her past from Alex, it could be about fellowships, something like a pregnancy etct. Jo looked too hung up on Alex in 12x09 and I imagine if she slept with someone it was because she felt crappy and alone and I can assure you Alex would be crushed if he found out.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Whatever it is, it has nothing to do with Meredith and people should be a little more aware of what they are writing in certain threads.

It honestly makes me roll my eyes. Jolex is a couple and just like every other couple on the show they will get their share of drama and maybe will break up a few times. That doesn't mean they will be over for good or that the writers intend to pair them up with others. Jolex can break up 50 times and that won't mean anything between Meredith and Alex. I'm so annoyed by these theories and they surely don't belong here.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Preach. Maybe they will someday be paired with others but surely not Meredith. Yeah sure, Alex is in love with Meredith and Jo is standing in the way and if he found out that Jo had been with someone else it wouldn't affect him at all. Sure.

Maybe Jo will say yes in 23 and will tell him something that's been nagging at her in 24. I just don't know what else clearer view of their future could mean.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

I don't think that it is cheating, although I wouldn't hate it if she had a hook up with DeLuca while they were broken up (but only if we got a flashback

Most likely it will be something completely stupid that will either be some kind of cliffhanger which will either make us think that Jo is leaving or it will be resolved in the premiere.

It wouldn't surprise me if it is about her residency (provided the writers remember that she is in her 5th year). Maybe she got an offer someplace else and didn't want to mention it and now the cliffhanger will be if she will stay or go. Blah.

My very dark horse theory is that she researched Izzie's egg stuff and found out that Izzie did use the eggs somehow and never told Alex. That could cause a breakup and it would give them something to have going into season 13 (and it could be the "death" spoiler - Izzie dying offscreen). But I just think that the writers won't put that much effort into it unfortunately.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

Lol katie99 I can't figure out if you're trying to aggravate us by posting such ridiculous nonsense or if you really are a bit ignorant. You seriously believe that after ZERO build up, Alex is going to suddenly realise profess his love for Meredith? The same SEASON he proposes to his girlfriend of 5 years? The idea is actually laughable, and unfortunately it's ideas like that that make merlex an even bigger joke than they already are. Meredith and Alex's real friendship to me died with Derek. Alex isn't Alex anymore, because his sole purpose is to sit and girl talk with the 'sisters'. I am so so up to here with this show now. I bet you what's coming for Jo and Alex isn't even going to be organic or believable, because they don't even know their own characters. They don't know how to write Jo, she's been 100 different people (when she's actually onscreen) over the last 3 seasons, and I would put money on whatever this is to create drama will throw her under the bus and assassinate any original personality she has left. Sorry for the negativity, I am especially riled over this show and the writers biasness today, and reading posts like that don't help lol
Old 04-29-2016, 07:52 AM
Dedicated Fan

I just don't understand why one would write that. To piss us off? I can't think of another reason.

And Spirit why did you come up with that Izzie eggs theory now? I'm asking because I saw an ask on FYAJ yesterday where someone was confused about so many people discussing the eggs but I never saw any of that talk and I'm wondering where that came from? It would be good drama I guess but it would turn my stomach I think. Oh God. We don't get anything on this show, I don't want to deal with an Izzex baby now. We deserve our own baby.

I'm worried they could ruin Jo. She already gets hate so easily for every little thing.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:00 AM
Extreme Fan

You are doing so all the same from my post a drama out of it. That was just a guess on my part. No offense. I wanted to annoy no Jolex fans. If that were understood but so was, I apologize for it, of course.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:03 AM
Dedicated Fan

But you also wrote how excited you are for the finale and you mentioned thinking Alex won't even react if Jo told him she slept with someone while they were broken up so I guess you would like for him to realize that he has feelings for Meredith and in that case you shouldn't write that here.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarens (View Post)
I just don't understand why one would write that. To piss us off? I can't think of another reason.

And Spirit why did you come up with that Izzie eggs theory now? I'm asking because I saw an ask on FYAJ yesterday where someone was confused about so many people discussing the eggs but I never saw any of that talk and I'm wondering where that came from? It would be good drama I guess but it would turn my stomach I think. Oh God. We don't get anything on this show, I don't want to deal with an Izzex baby now. We deserve our own baby.

I'm worried they could ruin Jo. She already gets hate so easily for every little thing.
I didn't just come up with it now, it has been speculated since it was mentioned in episode 3 as potential foreshadowing (and frankly, ever since Izzie left). It would be JUST like Grey's to have Alex and Jo get engaged in 23 only to be on the rocks by some huge soapy admission in episode 24.

At this point I am all for anything that gives me something to look forward to in season 13 and that means a real storyline ARC. Not them being symbols of whatever social issue Shonda is interested in pushing, not as the "happy therefore invisible couple" who ends every argument with one of them making a declaration and the other one staying silent with a kiss, and not just them getting married. If that means a stupid soapy unexpected pregnancy, fine. A baby or even a potential baby popping up out of nowhere, fine. A breakup, fine. Even "we were on a break" cheating if that's what it takes. I just want them to work through something as a couple that takes more than just one episode.

So, yeah, him potentially having a kid that she knew about and didn't tell him is fine with me. It might not make her look great, but can people possibly hate her anymore than they already do or be more bored with Jolex than they already are (myself included half the time?) She will never get redeemed if she never gets a storyline. Of course, I would MUCH prefer it be something from her past that is about her, but I can't imagine that would be much more than just one conversation and the writers are clear that they aren't interested in that unfortunately.

If you look at every other couple storyline on the show right now, it is soapy, overdramatic and angst inducing (Bailey and Ben, Japril, Calzona where one person is the bad guy). OR it is neverending nothingness like Jolex and Omelia and Maggie/DeLuca, so given those choices (because its never going to be a good, in-character story, Grey's just doesn't do those anymore apparently), I choose something that allows them to be actors and that makes them stronger. In the end, though, I think it will be something stupid and will be over by the end of the episode or the premier at the latest. In other words, boring, predictable and not much to make me want to tune in next season.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:05 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarens (View Post)
But you also wrote how excited you are for the finale and you mentioned thinking Alex won't even react if Jo told him she slept with someone while they were broken up so I guess you would like for him to realize that he has feelings for Meredith and in that case you shouldn't write that here.
Yes as I said. More than apologize I can not for it.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:13 AM
Loyal Fan

I was gonna ask about the Izzie embryos but before I could finish my post Spirit of the Radio had already posted it.

I think we can all agree that we want a longer storyline but I'm not sure how I'd feel about a long lost child. Not when couples usually get their own babies on the show. That would be one huge plot twist.

I'm scared now. In my opinion Jo doesn't need to be redeemed though because I don't think she's done anything terrible, I think she just needs to be given a storyline that will make for some good character development. So far they are ignoring her all the time.

I need to chew on the Izzie/Alex child theory, that one was huge for me now.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokarev (View Post)
I was gonna ask about the Izzie embryos but before I could finish my post Spirit of the Radio had already posted it.

I think we can all agree that we want a longer storyline but I'm not sure how I'd feel about a long lost child. Not when couples usually get their own babies on the show. That would be one huge plot twist.

I'm scared now. In my opinion Jo doesn't need to be redeemed though because I don't think she's done anything terrible, I think she just needs to be given a storyline that will make for some good character development. So far they are ignoring her all the time.

I need to chew on the Izzie/Alex child theory, that one was huge for me now.
But I don't even think there needs to be an actual child, it could just be that Izzie used them but then it didn't work or she died or something like that. That would force Alex to be honest about his feelings about all that (not just a throwaway "it was 100 years ago) to Jo and then have him reinforce what he wants from her. And if there is a child, so what? It doesn't mean that Jo can't have one too (and in fact it would be even more of a Grey's thing to have her get pregnant the second the kid shows up or there is a potential kid). That hasn't been done before, it should bring about conversations about stuff that they need to talk about. I just won't watch another season of them getting absolutely nothing.

But again, I don't really think thats going to happen. I think it will be about her residency. I also read that the episode description may not be official so we may be getting ourselves worked up in a lather for nothing.

ETA - I don't think that Jo needs to be redeemed either, but as long as she isn't getting storylines and she is just comic relief or support for other characters (not Alex) then people aren't going to see what the point of her being on the show is when there are 50 other characters scrambling for screentime. And honestly, I understand that sentiment. Other than Alex's love interest (and barely as that) she doesn't have much to do. Once Penny and Steph leave (maybe) she will have even less, and as much as I like her character and want her to stick around, I also understand people's not caring about her. I usually don't care what "haters" or "fans" think, I like who I like and I almost never like the "popular' characters, but I understand where some of it comes from.

Last edited by Spirit of the Radio; 04-29-2016 at 08:25 AM
Old 04-29-2016, 08:37 AM
Loyal Fan

There's been something like that on Private Practice with Charlotte and Cooper in season 5. His long lost son showed up because his mother was very seriously ill (the boy was around 9 or 10 years old) and then she ended up dying and Charlotte ended up adopting him. Then she became pregnant with triplets in the season 6. I think I'd even be ok with a child, what makes me queasy is that we are talking about Alex's child with Izzie here, not some unknown woman. However I do want Alex to open up about his first marriage already because the "it was a 100 years ago" line wasn't enough for me either.

And I agree that Jo is being horribly unused and that I also understand why people don't care about her and I'm all for a bigger storyline. These mini storylines that end within one episode have been driving me crazy for the past two seasons. But I'd also be interested in something about her residency. I hope this time the season will end in a cliffhanger for us.
Old 04-29-2016, 09:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

They've been sparing us the really heavy drama ror so long that now I'm scared. The show lives of drama and I want some more for Jolex as well but like Spirit of the Radio mentioned, I want something they can overcome together as a couple, not something that will completely mess up their relationship. Because while Jolex have been boring because they had nothing going on, their relationship remained loving and I'm scared that the writers will end up ruining that with heavy drama.

It was beautiful how Charlotte came to love Mason and accept him as her own son but as long as Izzie is still alive out there somewhere I would hate the idea of Alex having a child with her. If she were dead that would be another story because next to Merlex I don't want to deal with Izzex shippers too. I think a real kid can only exist if Izzie died off screen since Shonda doesn't want Katherine Heigl back, but that would suck for the Izzie fans and I'm not sure if Shonda would do that either. I guess what Spirit said about Izzie having tried to use the eggs would make most sense in this scenario. I'd really like that.

I would also love it if Jo bonded with a child and would want to adopt them but Alex is the one treating kids mostly so it'd be the other way round if that were to happen.

I guess I'll spend the next 3 weeks freaking out about this synopsis, but usually they end up being true.