Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-09-2016, 12:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Okay, I think I need to take a break from this board and this thread. It's not that I write so much anyways, but I always kept up with the discussion, but I feel like I need to stay away for good.

I know things are dire right now and maybe that won't change anytime soon (according to some people here it might as well never change), but whenever I try to bring some positivity in here I feel like it gets shut down immediately. So I feel like I need to get away from all this negativity for a while.

I'm pissed about the latest spoilers too, more than I can say, but I always try to see some silver lining and it's hard staying positive, when it's not reciprocated a little bit.

This is not to make anybody who writes here feel bad. I think you're all great people and it's actually a good thing you can come together and rant and vent and let out your shared frustrations. It's never good to bottle things up. For me personally, it's just too much at this point.

So goodbye for now and maybe I'll check back in, once we actually have something happy to discuss.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Does it come across like we're shutting people down? If so, I'm really sorry. As someone who writes here most that's really not my intention. I'msolost, I think shortly after your last post the article about episode 9 capturing a few months was published, so your last post kinda got lost in the bad news of this ridiculous time jump.

It's true that we're all very pessimistic here lately though and I completely understand if that's not how everybody feels. I'm actually a pretty optimistic person but in regards of Jolex I've just been disappointed so often that now I'm always thinking the worst immediately. But so many times the writers have managed to disappoint us even when we came up with worst-case scenarios here. I think our fandom needs something good to happen for once so we can go back to enjoying the show instead of venting about it all the time.

But please, everyone who wants to write something regarding Jolex here: please do. I often feel like some people stop by once in a while, write something and then disappear again. I completely understand that not everyone is always online, but it makes me feel stupid when I reply to them and never get a reply back. The flow of conversation is kind of missing sometimes. That's just how I feel but I'm the last person to tell anybody who wants to write here how and when they should post.

I think a lot of the negativity stems from the fact that we write daily here in this thread and more than often there are no new spoilers. So we end up talking about all the recent happenings (and sadly not much positive happened in the last 1.5 seasons) or what we think will happen. And since we have absolutely no spoilers about the upcoming episodes we end up thinking the worst.

Again, I'm really sorry if we're too pessimistic here. I actually like that because I feel like most people on twitter or tumblr try not to rant much and then I always feel alone because I want that really badly.

But please, everyone who wants to write their thoughts can. Doesn't matter if they're positive or negative.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well, actually there isn't hope at all here, but I don't think it's pessimism, for me it's just reality

I think all of my positivity was extirpated last year, when we just were here thinking "next episode will be ours" and we never get anything.
I'm really sorry, but actually I like come here and share all of my frustration with others frustrated fan

And the situation right now is really really pathetic IMO, so I find difficult be positive, but sure I would like to see more positive fan, so maybe they can make me grown a little of hope back

Oh and btw this was my reaction when I found out about the time jump

They are kidding me, right???
Old 02-09-2016, 05:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Okay I'm glad. I don't wanna drive anybody off.

And you're absolutely right, the situation is ridiculous and pathetic. It feels like the writers only care about telling Meredith's story anymore and are willing to sacrifice everyone else's for it. I get that she's the lead but because of these ridiculous time jumps nothing makes sense anymore and everyone's behavior is ooc.

And lol that's how my reaction was too. I got really riled up about that.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm mainly a Japril shipper, so I hope y'all don't mind me posting in here, but I just want to say I could not agree more with your posts! I have to confess I never really liked Meredith that much, but lately I can't stand her. Maybe it's heightened by, as y'all have stated, her storylines are at the expense of every single other cast member. It is still an ensemble show right!?

By 12:11 we will have skipped basically 2-3 years in one season. Nothing makes sense at all. Japril losing their child, no true aftermath or actually no build up. Went from yay pregnant to baby is dying in a couple episodes. Calzona, nothing makes sense there in regards to Penny etc, then Jolex always gets these huge potential storylines that are resolved in either same episode or offscreen. I thought the Izzy embryo was huge in potential and nothing, then the whole Alex has to be up Meredith's butt at all times no matter what and suddenly Jo just accepts this with a ring!? No one would accept that. I assume we are all, just like the characters, are supposed to bow down to the widow Meredith, who honestly didn't even seem that heartbroken most of the time. Though, her life is a horror story she's probably numb.

Meredith's drama always trumps everyone. It's exhausting. The writing is actually turning more off her instead of endearing her in my opinion. There was a lot of potentional for growth in Derek's death and I don't see any. She treats Amelia awful and that was her brother, she had every right to say goodbye, etc.

Anyway, rant over! I'm sure season 13 will have Meredith kidnapped by Aliens and when she returns we are ten years in future and Jo will still be a resident somehow. 😅
Old 02-10-2016, 10:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Hey Canderson, of course you can post here. I'm a Japril fan myself. What I'm not a fan of personally is people saying "I don't like Jolex but.." but it's not my place to tell people whether or not to post here. Like even if you don't like Jolex, you can just comment without having to tell us that you don't like them. We'll never know anyway. I meant that generally speaking though, not refering to you because you didn't say that.

And I completely agree with you. I really think the writers need to stop. I read an interview where Shonda said that episode 9 would set the path for Meredith's journey for the rest of the season. So it looks like they have a big plan for her. But was it really necessary to do something so brutal to her that they would have to do another time jump of several months? Not weeks, months. I think Jo should be done with her residency in a few episodes, and we never got to see her shine in her specialty. All because they fast forwarded through everything. Callie and Arizona both didn't date for nearly two years when there's no way they would have characters stay single that long on this show. I mean in Stephanie's case it's been 4 years and I just don't find anything realistic. Alex and Jo basically did nothing during the last time jump, even her first ILY happened afterwards. I don't think there was ever a relationship on the show that just stagnated for so long when the couple isn't even married yet.

The last time jump already ruined so much, but I think back then it was necessary. Shonda said she had to skip a year just to be able to show us a functioning Meredith again. Which totally overshadowed her grief like you said. But why is this time jump necessary? I mean, it is because Meredith's injuries are so severe, but why injure her so brutally in the first place when she already has been through hell and back? I really don't understand the writers anymore.

We Jolex fans got a crappy proposal and after months of being broken up from Alex Jo will now suddenly accept it and we probably won't see much of it on screen. Let alone the grieving process both went through after the break up. Which would've given us Jolex fans the angst we badly wanted. And I personally don't know how they will justify another few months passing by before Japril come so close to divorcing. What did they do all the time? Ignore each other?

I just can't make any sense of anything anymore. I know with Meredith suffering from long time injuries Alex will only worry more about her. I think this time Jo won't say that he's not prioritizing her anymore, also because it looks like Meredith will bring them back together, but it won't be fair to her nevertheless. I HOPE Alex won't be so bad that he'll neglect Jo like that again, but I also don't believe that everything will be fine magically.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

Canderson you're welcome here. It's always nice to share thoughts with others

And I'm 100% agree with you.
The writers are destroying everything, nothing makes sense anymore. And it's not even about our favourite characters, because all of them are suffering for it!

If you're a Jolex fan you're screwed, but this is not a news anymore. We lost so much of their relationship, we get Alex ignoring her girlfriend so bad and after said something like "Mer is the only one I can count on" he had the courage to propose, and when we were hoping for a little of drama for them to resolve the situation we got a time jump and everything is rushed again.

If you are a Japril fan the situation sucks too: after losing the baby they made them break up, but a situation that could have been resolved before and with them actually work about it is amplified because of two time jump!

Calzona fan may have lost hope by now.. it's been years in the show and more time is passing more is difficult a reconciliation.

I don't get at all the situation between Owen and Amelia; I don't know if they are together, were together, are they really been together?

Even if you like Maggie and DeLuca now, you can't see their evolution because of the time jump.

So I'm here complaining about how bad Shonda treats Jolex and how she doesn't care at all about them, but the true is she is ruining the entire show and all of the characters are suffering for it IMO
Old 02-10-2016, 11:47 AM
Ultimate Fan

Two questions: what time jump and are Jolex really broken up?
Old 02-10-2016, 11:59 AM
Loyal Fan

Bec, you know about Meredith getting attacked in the episode tomorrow, right? It will be so severe that she'll need months to heal, and even then I think she won't be completely healthy. So they're doing another huge time jump again. And yes, Jolex are broken up. In the first sneal peek we got he's talking to Meredith and Maggie in the car and Maggie's complaining about him sleeping in Amelia's old room. Jo said no, he moved in with Meredith and will stay there all the months she needs to heal. But we also heard that Jolex will be fine by the end of the episode thanks to Meredith, so he'll move back to the loft in episode 10 I think. What we are so irated about is that we won't even see anything about their break up because the episode will be about Meredith. I mean how do they act when they see each other at the hospital? How devastated is Alex? Is Jo suffering and missing him? I think we won't see any of that and that is more than frustrating. The writers could've at least let them stay broken up for an episode longer and actually show us the reconciliation.

Quote:
after said something like "Mer is the only one I can count on" he had the courage to propose,
I still don't get how he can be so dumb. He and Jo parted in a fight and he still goes through with the proposal. I'm really happy Jo said no and that she managed to stay broken up for months. I just know that the way they'll get back together will be anything but satisfying.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

Hi!!
So Jo say No i'ts official? sorry i miss something?....

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 02-10-2016, 12:56 PM
Loyal Fan

No, I just thought that's what we could assume because he lives with Meredith again and because people who watched the episode said that Jolex will be fine at the end of the episode. And the episode captures several months. So they'll be broken up for several months I think.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Not a fan of these time jumps. I agree with you that they ruin everything and it's starting to look to me like the writers indeed only care about telling one character's story on the show. I had this feeling after Cristina left, that Shonda's other favorite left the show and she didn't have many favorite characters left anymore, so she focused on Meredith. Which isn't a bad thing of course, but this is too much focus. And they're basically sacrificing their 15 other regulars in order to tell Meredith's story. I'm actually surprised they granted Japril a centric episode now, but just like with most pairings they need one.

I as a Jolex fan am very upset that last season cost us two years in their relationship and that now with the time jump we'll miss out on their entire break up. Which especially the casual viewers needed desperately to be reminded that Alex loves Jo and does not have feelings for Meredith. It really bums me out that people romanticize their friendship now, because they're seeing Jo like another Stephanie or Penny now, who's standing in the way of a pairing. When Jo is half of the pairing and has been since season 9.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:53 PM
Extreme Fan

I hope she said no.
She is too good to be just an addition to him/just girlfriend of the main character, especially considering nothing good is going on with them.
She is lead character material.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

She did say no, but this doesn't mean she and Alex are over. Sadly they will even reconcile too fast for our like. But I agree with you that Jo should be more than just Alex's girlfriend and I hope that soon the writers will write her like other characters. Back in s9 she had enough focus after all, it just looks to me that Shonda lost interest because she brought in new characters. And it seems that now she has to make everyone related to someone to care about them, I feel like she's doing it more for herself than the fans.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:34 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryy89 (View Post)
She did say no, but this doesn't mean she and Alex are over. Sadly they will even reconcile too fast for our like. But I agree with you that Jo should be more than just Alex's girlfriend and I hope that soon the writers will write her like other characters. Back in s9 she had enough focus after all, it just looks to me that Shonda lost interest because she brought in new characters. And it seems that now she has to make everyone related to someone to care about them, I feel like she's doing it more for herself than the fans.
Yes,they keep shoving Maggie down our throats and now Peggy...
Jo and Stephanie >>>>>