Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-07-2016, 09:30 AM
Loyal Fan

Alley Cats [Alex ღ Jo] #34: Because "I feel like they're sort of meant to be." - Camilla Luddington

W E L C O M E T O T H E 34th
ALEX KAREV & JO WILSON
A P P R E C T I A T I O N T H R E A D

"...in my mind, they're these two alley cats who hang around together."

shippers.
01. ryanforever
02. Christian'sKimberDoll
03. fragileღheart
04. LEYTON_TLA
05. *~Sophia~*
06. JaSam4Life
07. Pretti
08. Two-Core-Aura
09. feelingepic
10. aab11
11. Slexie
12. tinnie75
12. crashintoyou
13. gingerly
14. MexieFan
15. bandcandy
16. HiddenFancy
17. Liam's curls
18. TheShepherds
19. sdrewfan84
20. {worshipfulness}
21. ces't moi
22. sweetxmisery
23. Hellmouth
24. Chastidy
25. Petrovafire
26. mel_
27. FanFun
28. Mountain_Girl
29. Japril
30. AlwaysCB
31. I LOVE japril
32. Annso
33. katie1993
34. Sav@
35. NTga848
36. maryy89
37. xsweetgirlx91
38. jokarev
39. yarens
40. I'msolost
41. AmidalaEmma
42. Laurène
43. dh23
44. Lauren James

moments.

honourary shippers.
camilla luddington
justin chambers
sarah drew
caterina scorsone
kelly mccreary
kevin mckidd
meredith grey
cristina yang
arizona robbins

download here

quotes.
"if you watch back there are hints of jo falling for him too,
a long time before that kiss. she was crazy about him but
tried hard to ignore those feelings, because she thought
she'd mess it up and ruin their friendship. her insecurities
are just like alex's. but for her - he was always number one.
and there are so many signs of that throughout the season.
but she also had no clue alex felt that way..."

"he allows her to be vulnerable when she
normally carefully controls what she exposes about herself,
and she allows him -- no judgment -- to be exactly who he is."

"she's finding her footing in how to navigate,
for the first time, a really trusting relationship.
he may go above and beyond for her, but jo would
also do anything for him. she wouldn't abandon him."

"i think your "person" would never leave you.
i think they couldn't walk away from you
because it would be hard to breathe without you.
i don't think they have to be "perfect" by any means,
i think they just have to fit for you."
- camilla luddington

"sometimes it’s not about opposites attracting.
sometimes you need to be cut from the
same cloth to move forward, I think that
they understand each other really well,
but I think that she adds an excitement to him
— a spark."

"he’s found someone who is his match
and he’s challenged by that. before,
it was always about, ‘well this is what
i went through and you don’t know what
it’s like.’ now someone does know what
it’s like, so that should be a good challenge.”

"what i’ve been doing the last two years, i think,
is great. they’re giving alex some fun stuff to do with jo."
- justin chambers

the moment.

reasons.
01. Because they both come from similar backgrounds.
02. Because she steals doughnuts from Dermatology for him.
03. Because she bought him a couch... with the money she won from him.
04. Because they drink beer and hang out.
05. Because she cherishes their friendship.
06. Because he's into her.
07. Because he still believes co-workers dating can work.
08. Because she doesn't want to never see him again.
09. Because she wouldn't find a teacher as good as him if she left.
10. Because he wants the best for her.
11. Because he loves her.
12. Because he would have killed a guy for her.
13. Because she wouldn't have let him cover for her.
14. Because their love is so strong it smashes windows.
15. Because why wouldn't he?
16. Because his home is hers.
17. Because she wears his sweaters like they're made for her.
18. Because they're both fighters.
19. Because not everyone is like them.
20. Because mother nature ships them so hard she had to get in on the action, too.
21. Because her crazy fits his crazy.
22. Because "OH, THANK GOD."
23. Because she's the thing that's special.
24. Because he should have thrown her over his shoulder and had his way with her months ago.
25. Because she's not a nobody.
26. Because at least with her, thinking about dead people is a mood killer.
27. Because Justin Chambers swears that Jo really is Alex's person.
28. Because "dog face."
29. Because he let her in.

fanmixes.

previous threads.
01. Because he called her "Princess"
02. Because she doesn't want to never see him again.
03. Because he loves her.
04. Because she allows him to be exactly who he is.
05. Because they've turned us into tree haters and couch lovers.
06. Because, "..." "I don't hear anything." "Shut up." "Okay, but-" "I'm serious." "Fine." "I love you."
07. Because "If you watch back there are hints of Jo falling for him too, a long time before that kiss."
08. Because it's fate, or whatever.
09. Because, "Alex and Jo are really charmingly funny together." - Shonda Rhimes
10. Because mother nature ships it so hard she had to get in on the action too.
11. "She's the thing that's special, dumbass." - Cristina
12. "Because,"she adds an excitement to him - a spark." - Justin Chambers
13. They're both flawed but they complement each other and there’s an unconditional love."- Justin
14. Because he is her sexy double agent.
15. Because we are hoping for lots of emotional Jolex scenes in season 11.
16. Because we are very grateful for all the goodies we got lately.
17. Because "Jo is the love of his life." - Justin Chambers
18.Because we are impatiently waiting for our big Jolex storyline this season

justin & camilla.

on tumblr.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh my God, this was such a hassle!!! For some reason was so slow when I wanted to copy the OP and then it didn't load for several minutes. When I finally submitted the thread the site crashed completely and wouldn't load for another few minutes. I didn't even know if my thread went through! Was that just my computer or was something up with ?? Never thought posting a new thread would drive me crazy like this.

Quote:
There is no way we Jolex fans will be happy. I think other fans assume we're happy when Jolex are happy, but I for one don't have doubt that even if she says no and they break up and stay broken up for several episodes that they will get back together at some point. Right now there's no reason for us to assume that they're over for good.

So what I personally wanted out of this proposal storyline was for Jo to stick to her no, for Alex to realize what he did wrong and to fight for her. That's what would've made me happy. Not a rushed reconciliation in a Meredith centric episode.
Yes, that's what we all wanted. I don't believe that Alex will talk to Meredith about Jo when he's at her bedside. I don't even know how we'll find out that they made up or that she said yes? By him telling Meredith about it? But Meredith doesn't care about Jo, so I don't know why he would tell her.

Frustrating. That's what this is.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

Tftnt....

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 02-07-2016, 11:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

TFTNT!

I'm still in denial about this spoiler/speculation. I refuse to believe that at the end of the episode that will be all about Meredith and in a sort of way Merlex, with maybe 15 seconds of Jo, then we can see the Jolex situation change. No way. Would be so senseless and screwed! And I know this is how the writers work for Jolex, but I still refuse to believe it for now. I need a no and I need it to be still there at the end of the episode.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:32 AM
Loyal Fan

A huge part of me wants to ask someone who saw the episode what happened. The person who said the "Jolex fans will be happy" thing is a moderator here and I don't think she would lie. But then again if the episode is just borderline disappointing for Jolex I'd rather no know so early. Maybe the scene that will make us happy is Jo coming to Meredith's room while she's sleeping and talking to Alex? Both saying I miss you or something like that? Now that would make me happy. But please no reconciliation or even a yes.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah... I'm perfectly fine with the "Jolex will be happy" thing, because like I said before that could mean a lot of thing, I'm just not sure about the reliability of "Jo will say yes". And since I think a yes during that episode would be a horrible thing, I keep thinking and hoping that this isn't true LOL
Old 02-07-2016, 01:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for opening the thread jokarev. Sometimes fanforum is super slow, I don't know why! Right now mine is working normally though. Hope yours is too!

Okay so I just saw on twitter that an actor who worked with both Sarah and Jesse in episode 11 played a lawyer. Which confirms the "Jackson hands April divorce papers" spoiler. I feel like they will still make it work in the end, but this also means the "Jo will say yes" spoiler could be really true.

Honestly? At this point I'm starting to lose all hope because firstly Jolex aren't being written like a couple we're supposed to root for at the moment. Otherwise their break up and proposal aftermath wouldn't be handled like this. And second of all, who cares if they get married? If Jo says yes now we know that nothing will change and then we all know why they will end up having marriage problems at some point and then I already know the next couple who will get a divorce saying they never should've gotten married in the first place.

Shonda ruins all couples one way or another, in Jolex's case it's due to sheer neglect. I want a storyline for them already and I don't want to watch Alex ignore Jo for his friends forever. Usually that shouldn't be too much to ask for.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:04 PM
Elite Fan

tftnt

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 02-07-2016, 02:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ok just saw this... again, we can't be sure it's true, but even if it is don't think that made me happy. First because they need to overcome their problem in more time. Second because enough with Meredith! She has to be present in Jolex's situation forever? They fought because of her, now they resolve thank to her? I just want to see them navigate into their relationship by themselves!

Old 02-07-2016, 04:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Ughhhh whyyyyyyyyyyy

I know, maybe Alex wouldn't have gone after Jo if it hadn't been for Meredith. Maybe they would've been over in 10x07 if Mer hadn't given Jo advice. Maybe Alex would've bugged Jo about marriage causing a break up if Meredith hadn't talked him down in 10x17. So a part of me will always be grateful for that.

But the bigger part of me is annoyed about how she's been treating Jo for the past two seasons and how she's always in the middle of their relationship and how she doesn't even care anymore that she's ruining it indirectly. The elevator scene from the s11 finale will forever piss me off. Just like Meredith's good mood when Alex is so grumpy about his break up with Jo now.

And for the love of God, can't Alex fix his relationship himself?? I bet he's not even gonna fight for Jo, then Meredith will tell Jo something and she and Alex will make up. I like the idea of some Mer/Jo bonding but Alex and Jo are adults and they don't need a conciliator. And it will magically make everything ok now? I highly doubt it.

I'm really sorry but if I don't see Alex overly bummed and at least trying something to win Jo back I'll lose it. And I know none of that will happen, so I might as well just skip the episode.
Old 02-07-2016, 06:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Is this what we have to deal with now forever and always? Meredith always involved in their relationship? I understand more than ever why some Calzona fans hate Mark so much. I still love him, but this third person in the middle of your OTP thing is just awful.

I know that I will be only annoyed with Alex's scenes in the next episode so I probably shouldn't watch it either. I wonder what Meredith will tell Jo that will change her mind. I can't even imagine her being nice to Jo or giving her relationship advice. I'm so used to everyone treating her like crap.

Again, this will leave us with a rushed reconciliation that probably won't even be seen on screen. Great. Do you think they would flashback to it in episode 10? Don't think so. In that episode there'll be tension between them again so why couldn't they just let them stay brokem up? I don't get it.

Last edited by xsweetgirlx91; 02-07-2016 at 06:29 PM
Old 02-07-2016, 09:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

There's speculation that Meredith has temporary hearing loss during the episode...maybe characters are having all these personal conversations right in front of her because she can't hear and we actually see the transition to Jo saying yes. I hope so because there's too much important stuff happening offscreen these days! [/frustratedjaprilshipper]

Last edited by serving wench; 02-08-2016 at 05:44 AM Reason: spelling is important
Old 02-07-2016, 11:47 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't want Jo to say yes only because of Meredith NDE.
I can already foresee "I only said yes because your best friend were dying" quote in this season finale,lol.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:11 AM
Loyal Fan

Serving Wench's theory could be true. I assume Jackson will give April the divorce papers at the nurses station and Meredith will be seeing it from her bed? But how Jolex will reconcile, no idea. Could be after a Jo/Mer talk or after an Alex/Mer talk. But I feel like when Japril will be ok Jolex won't.

The thing about that is that I'm really tired of that. I have two OTPs on this show and the writers always play them out against each other. "One couple will be fine, another one will break up". And since Jolex never even get enough focus to break up it just causes Japril fans to dislike them. When that shouldn't be the case because it's not like both have anything to do with each other. And I feel like both are ships that are being neglected by the writers a lot.

ERussia is right, these situations are the build up for nasty fights later where both say ugly things to each other. Still hoping for a break up after episode 10 here, they deserve for their break up to be handled better than this. And they definitely deserve for their proposal and path to marriage to be handled better than this.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

TFTNT.

I'm glad you guys post spoilers here because I feel like I would be missing them otherwise. I'm really not a fan of this third party thing. I think Alex and Jo are interesting enough on their own and they haven't been given the chance to explore and work through their relationship as a couple since the middle of season 10. Like jokarev said, they're adults. And if Alex feels like he can't lose Jo he needs to do something about it and not let Meredith run interference.

I want to see them face their issues together for God's sake. Meredith has her own problems and she hasn't been acting like she cares much about whether or not Alex is happy, so I don't get why the writers are doing that now. If it's to redeem her then it's not necessary because most viewers always blame Jo anyway and never Meredith. This won't help Jo because now everyone will think she owes Meredith even more. And the next time Alex ignores her for Meredith and she says something she'll get even more hate. I'm rolling my eyes so hard at this writing.

Alex and Jo did look like they were at odds in episode 10, maybe this means they will break up then. I will just find it odd that the writers made them reconcile an episode earlier. I wonder if Alex will just be pissed because Jo will take Callie's side over his? Or if there are other unresolved feelings.

Whatever happens I want a storyline already! I'm speechless that it's been so long and they're still without a real storyline. I hope Shonda realizes that she can't keep going like this.