Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-16-2016, 01:18 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't get why Shonda feels like she has to keep adding so many people. Constantly. Where is this going? She must be calculating some cast departures that she wants to replace with these newbies. But right now I can't see anyone leaving on their own will. Justin once said he's ready to move on but now he keeps tweeting that he's not going anywhere. But he's so wasted on this show, I wish he'd really consider leaving. But you know what? He probably knows that him leaving would mean they will let Camilla go too. And I can see him not wanting to be responsible for that. We're talking about the guy who's hesitant to suggest storylines for Alex because it affects other characters too.
Old 01-16-2016, 01:24 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't know who could be leaving either. It seems that everyone is happy with their job. The point about him not wanting to be responsible for Camilla's exit is a good point. I could see that being true. I don't think Justin would be okay with that.
Old 01-16-2016, 01:33 AM
Loyal Fan

I feel like if there will be departures they won't be willing on part of the actors. With Patrick leaving they lost one of the most earning actors, so maybe there won't have to be budget cuts. But Tessa Ferrer and Gaius Charles weren't let go because of budget cuts, were they? Wasn't it because the cast was so full? And they probably lost interest in the residents?

I think the easiest way to send someone off is to have Richard retire and move to Boston to his wife. But Webber is one of the only people I like at the moment, so he's not really my first choice even though he doesn't seem to have much going on.
Old 01-16-2016, 01:38 AM
Loyal Fan

I have no idea about Tessa and Gaius but I know that the cast in season 10 captured 16 series regulars like now. Sandra's exit was a sure thing but I think Shonda knew that she wanted to add Maggie and Amelia back then, so she got rid of two other characters.

Richard is really funny these days but doesn't have much of a purpose. But Jo looked that way too last season and probably still does with the way she's floundering. We still have so many episodes until we know if someone leaves.
Old 01-16-2016, 01:45 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, I guess that's what happened. I remember how we heard beforehand about TF and GCs exits, SOs too. I wish that they'll do that with Justin or Camilla too. Imagine reliving the same thing that happened to Lexie. In Mark's case we could at least prepare ourselves for an entire summer. Derek's death was just as sudden and without warning (even though I got spoiled via twitter). Sandra gave Shonda notice and got a beautiful farewell. I don't expect something like that for Justin but if he wants to leave I hope he'll tell Shonda soon enough.
Old 01-16-2016, 01:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Lexie's death was so cruel. And so sudden. I hope Shonda has learned her lesson with all the backlash she got for Derek's death and will stop killing characters off for shock value. Jo doesn't have children here she wouldn't leave or anything, there is sure a way she can go without having to die. I wonder if Shonda would say something like "Alex wouldn't have left Meredith so I had to kill him." That would be absurd for me because if Cristina can leave Meredith, Alex can too.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:16 AM
Loyal Fan

I personally think Alex could leave Meredith but maybe I'm still stuck on old Alex. This new Alex acts like he can't function without his friends. Oh God, if Jo gets a job somewhere and Alex follows her, even if Jo doesn't make him, I can already see everyone hating on her again one last time for taking away Alex from the show and Meredith. Even if they're married by then people won't take it into consideration that they can't have a long distance marriage and that their exits will most likely be caused by Justin's wish to leave and not Camilla's.
Old 01-16-2016, 03:22 AM
Loyal Fan

It's like Jo can't ever win with this fandom. But I think if they're married by then people will understand it better. They sure as hell wouldn't want Alex to leave his wife just because she got a job offer somewhere else, right? Or if Jo gets pregnant that will be a good reason too.
Old 01-16-2016, 03:59 AM
Loyal Fan

If Alex and Jo left together they'd be the first couple ever on GA to get a happy ending. I'm not sure if we'd be so lucky. At this point shipping couples on the show has become so dangerous, you can almost be certain they won't get their happily ever after because the show just won't end. Maybe Shonda could grant Alex that happy ending since she always treated him like crap on the show. In that case I could see them find out that Jo is pregnant in their last episode or something. Would be totally cliché but I would be happy about it since it's something she never granted another couple. She couldn't even let Henry live a little longer and make him and Teddy leave together.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:02 AM
Loyal Fan

That's so true actually. Why are we shipping couples on this show again? It all feels for nothing. Not even MerDer as the main couple got their happy ending. I hope that Justin will do what's best for him. If he doesn't want to stay on the show anymore he shouldn't. He's one of the best actors but all we get from Alex lately is this quiet version of himself who sits with others, listening to their conversations and never saying much himself. What I miss most about him is his passion. I feel like a light went off with him.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks xsweetgirlx91 for recommending some fanfic tumblr accounts. I didn't look here again, I'm glad at least you could reply to Bec =).

I'm exhausted of this show and I can't believe that I'm one of the people who wants both Justin and Camilla to leave. But I think that there's not much on the show for them. Becoming Meredith's person should've made Alex more important but he doesn't have anything going on for himself. I hope Jo will have something after the hiatus. At least a mentor and a specialty sounds good. Bzt will we ever hear more about her past in a great storyline? Not sure.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:42 AM
Loyal Fan

No problem. Yeah, I thought too that becoming Meredith's person would mean more storylines for Alex. I'm so disappointed. We still have a month to go till the new episode. I'm not expecting anything from 12x09 but I'm very excited for 12x10. I hope we won't be disappointed.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

We're building 12x10 up in our heads, there's a good chance we will be disappointed. I wish we had some spoiler like the one for Japril where Sarah Drew said that episode 11 is big for them. I want to have something to look forward to. So far we only know that in episode 10 Jo will probably pick her specialty, but does that mean it will be a big episode for Jo or Alex or Jolex? No idea.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Yes I know. I respect Justin and all his choices but I'm gonna go crazy with this not knowing anything and I just need him to give some interviews and talk about Alex and Jolex. Having to rely on one part of your OTP only really sucks. I hope ep10 will be significant for Jolex too, even if they break up in that episode.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:37 AM
Master Fan

yesterday new Japril selfie..and for us,nothing..seem justin and camilla are tired too

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."