Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-23-2015, 03:37 AM
Elite Fan

I know me too I'm excited for the new season and to see what they do..

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 06-23-2015, 05:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
It's actually funny how Cristina being gone made me realize how important she was for Jolex but then you have a completely different point of view on that. Proves how different people can watch the same show even when they have the same OTP.
Yeah, I think it depends on how you see it. I guess I just fail to see the connection between Cristina leaving and Alex getting crapped on as a character. After all there were other seasons too where Alex was treated poorly and Cristina was still around then. Cristina leaving actually was a chance to bring back the great friendship Alex/Meredith used to have and that got lost over the years. I was very much looking forward to that at the beginning of s11. Only the writers chose to ruin it completely. But it really didn't have to be that way. It wasn't just Alex who was out of character this season. Meredith was too. She didn't care about what was going on in Alex's life whatsoever and the way she treated Derek was horrible too. And that's just not Meredith. Yes, she was always a bit self-absorbed but not to the point where she was completely oblivious to one of her friends and his needs/problems. As for me, the messed up Merlex friendship doesn't make me wish that Cristina was still around, it just makes me wish the writers had handled that friendship better and cared more about Alex's side of it all.

Jolex's story being about Meredith didn't necessarily have to be something bad either. It isn't the greatest idea ever, but when I first heard about it, I didn't hate it. Again it's the execution that was lacking. I would have loved seeing Alex calling Meredith out on her **** and sticking up for his girlfriend. But for whatever reason the writers seemed to think the way Meredith acted towards Jo was no big deal. To them it was kinda funny even. And in the end they just dropped that story and it didn't do any good for any of the characters. Meredith came across like a bitch. Alex seemed like an uncaring boyfriend. And Jo seemed like a girl who would take too much crap from her boyfriend.

Quote:
Maybe we would've seen less Alex but honestly in hindsight I'd have been happier with less Alex if that meant that he had at least still been acting like Alex.
I don't know how I feel about that. I guess for me Alex having no screentime is equally as bad as Alex having crappy scenes. I remember watching s7 and s8 was hell for me too.

I used to think characters leaving could end up being good for Alex. As one of the few originals left, he would have deserved to come to the forefront more than anybody else. Instead Shonda adds one new character after another and immediatelly gives them a lot of spotlight, when other characters deserve it more. I guess Alex and Jo will never get the focus they deserve on this show. They might be the last two regulars on Grey's and Shonda will focus on Bohkee before them
Old 06-23-2015, 06:48 AM
Loyal Fan

About the Cristina thing: I guess it really depends on how you choose to look at it. I personally don't like s11 Meredith (Alex neither tbh) at all and since she became only like this after Cristina left I feel like Cristina's absence ruined a lot of things. I really think the writers didn't need to go change everything so much and especially change the Merlex dynamic and ruin it like they did but now that they have it feels like it only happened because CrCristina left. What I personally miss most is MAC. I loved their dynamic and I just hate the new four and if by Cristina staying we would've been spared the new foursome I would've done anything to keep her.

Quote:
And in the end they just dropped that story and it didn't do any good for any of the characters. Meredith came across like a bitch. Alex seemed like an uncaring boyfriend. And Jo seemed like a girl who would take too much crap from her boyfriend.
And yet I only see Jo hate tbh. Nobody except Jolex fans cared much about Meredith's treatment of Jo. And people love ooc Alex as long as he's there for Meredith. It's always Jo who gets called annoying, whiny, immature, blah. As long as Meredith has a problem with her it feels like the entire fandom will have one with her. But in my opinion she was put in a very difficult position last season and people would've hated on her no matter how she would've reacted. Between Meredith and Jo people will just never take Jo's side no matter how much she is in the right. That's a reason why I personally wish they had never done this Mer/Alex/Jo thing either. Or had made Mer and Jo bond at least.

Quote:
I used to think characters leaving could end up being good for Alex. As one of the few originals left, he would have deserved to come to the forefront more than anybody else. Instead Shonda adds one new character after another and immediatelly gives them a lot of spotlight, when other characters deserve it more. I guess Alex and Jo will never get the focus they deserve on this show. They might be the last two regulars on Grey's and Shonda will focus on Bohkee before them
I just thought about this today but not regarding Alex but regarding Jo. I thought about how last season we still had Leah and Shane and that I was so positive that with them being gone Jo and Steph would get more focus since they were the last ones of their group left. Same with Alex and Meredith. But instead they focused on Maggie and Amelia so much and I bet next season it will be even worse with new interns and the new guy. One thing that gives me hope is that they neglected Japril in s9 too when the new interns came around but then focused on them again in s10. Maybe the writers will now do that with Jo and Alex in s11 after this awful season.
Old 06-23-2015, 07:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I was very much looking forward to that at the beginning of s11. Only the writers chose to ruin it completely. But it really didn't have to be that way.
Yes I agree with this. It definitely didn't have to be that way. None of the things that happened in s11 had to be this way. But since the writers made Mer so self-absorbed after Cristina told her that she's the sun and turned Alex into a robot with no backbone just because he became Meredith's person I can only blame all of this on Cristina's exit. I am with you though, the fact that he got crapped on as a character had nothing to do with Cristina leaving. Usually he should've become more important because of his new status as Meredith's best friend but all they did with him all season was use him to prop all kinds of characters. Unlike Cristina he didn't get to have an own life and focus on his relationship or career while being Meredith's person. I don't know if that's because he's a guy or just unimportant to Shonda, since being a woman doesn't guarantee Jo any screentime or storylines either.

I'm definitely one of those people who'd rather get less Alex if all his scenes are gonna drive me up the wall only. Because if there's one thing that I've realized this season is that the not only casual viewers but also the majority of the fandom just accepts what the show is presenting them if it's not about their favorite character. Except for Alex fans I didn't see anyone complaining about his ooc-ness this season, except for Jo fans nobody found it weird that Mer had a problem with Jo and Jo only all of a sudden. Nobody questioned how Maggie could befriend a bunch of people so quickly who all never really got along with April that much even though Maggie is very similiar to April. Nobody cares that the foursome is only a bunch of people who are all close to Meredith and wouldn't normally hang out together at all, let alone 24/7. I'm by no means an Amelia or Owen expert but I've heard fans of both characters say that they were both ooc this season (really not writing this here so an Amelia or Owen fan can tell me otherwise because I really wouldn't even notice if they acted strange since I just don't pay them much attention) so it's not only us who had to deal with their favorites acting weird.

And most of the things I listed are only Jolex related and I'm sure there are 100 other things that were weird this season but most of the fans don't question it. They barely see any Jolex and tons of Alex/Maggie scenes and think that Alex has fallen for Maggie because they have no idea how Alex Karev is and that wouldn't happen unless Jo and him had a serious fight or serious issues since Alex is crazy in love with Jo. Nobody who's not an Alex fan cringes while watching that awful OR scene with Maggie where Alex talks the biggest BS I've heard him talk in 11 seasons, mostly saying stuff that goes completely against everything that he represents (like him saying that finds it charming when someone talks and talks and talks when he's probably the one person on this show who gets annoyed by people who talk too much? Really, they could've made Owen or Jackson or Ben or Derek say these things and I would've totally bought it since all of them are rather patient people but not Alex.) A nurse calls Alex Meredith's husband and people start shipping them because they think they will end up together and don't even waste a second thought on the fact that Alex is in a serious relationship (again. maybe since we don't see much of that relationship in those episodes).

So really, most of the people will buy whatever happens on the show, doesn't matter how ooc the characters act. And that's why I need old Alex back ASAP. I mean I get frustrated too when I don't see him much in an episode, and Justin's handsome face is something I wouldn't wanna miss but I am not ready to accept s11 Alex as his new personality yet while most of the fandom only thinks that he's matured (yeah magically in one episode that didn't even include a time jump ) if they realize the change at all that is.

I've realized that this season has made me lose interest in Alex and like him less and I don't want to end up disliking him. He's probably my favorite fictional character ever and I don't want the show to ruin that just because he's officially Meredith's person now. Alex and Meredith were already close before, there was really no need to change their dynamic and ruin them for me.

(also if any of this sounded like I wanted to argue with you, dear I'msolost, let me assure you that I never had the intention. Just wanted to point out how I feel about this. Not that you think I want to attack you and the mood in the Jolex thread here goes downhill. I actually like how we all seem to be very nice, albeit frustrated, people who seem respectful of other people's opinions.)

Last edited by yarens; 06-23-2015 at 07:19 PM
Old 06-24-2015, 08:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Oh God, Justin is in my country in this days, Italy! It's a little frustrating, he is so close but so far.. he visited Rome and Naples and I'm not so close to these city.. crap! Lol!

Btw have you seen this? The research for Jolex's loft is beginning! I'm so excited, I can't wait for see it!
https://twitter.com/NicDecorator/sta...85466495225856
Old 06-24-2015, 09:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

Aww omg I'm so jealous. But I can't quite be since you ddin't get to meet him. I wish he'd come to Romania one day but who ever comes to Romania?

I hadn't seen the loft search! I wonder if she's only looking for ideas about the structure of the loft (like the stairs and room division and such) or if she's also looking for furnishing ideas because the furniture doesn't look very Jolex to me. Could be a Calzona loft or maybe Jackson (since his apartment is so modern too but April didn't decorate it. And I have no idea how April would decorate her house). So you guys think we'll see them working on it or will they do a time jump and move in? I saw a discussion on twitter yesterday and they can't forget to bring the couch!! The couch is important!!!!
Old 06-24-2015, 01:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

I think she's looking for ideas about the structure or about loft in general... then she will decorate it in Jolex style, because sure the loft in the picture doesn't fit them at all, Lol!

I would love to see them working on it, but this would meaning them stay at the frat house for a while yet.. and I just want them out and on their own, so I don't know.. we should wait and see if there will be a time jump or not.

And yes, the couch!! They can't forget the couch! LoL
Old 06-24-2015, 02:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah I just want them out too. If it were for me Alex wouldn't have any friendship scenes in s12 at all and just focus on his relationship and career but sadly I don't write the show.

I really think last season gave me an overkill with the friendship scenes. If they had kept it at a certain level I wouldn't have even minded. All Alex gets is scenes where he hangs out with random people while characters like Arizona, April, Jackson, Owen etc. have no friends. I hope that the writers will focus on those characters that need more friendships in s12 and just let Alex live his own life. He can be there for Mer when she needs him but please no more Callie and Maggie.

To be honest I can't even imagine how the loft will look like! It already reminds me of Crowen's firehouse.
Old 06-25-2015, 01:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
(also if any of this sounded like I wanted to argue with you, dear I'msolost, let me assure you that I never had the intention. Just wanted to point out how I feel about this. Not that you think I want to attack you and the mood in the Jolex thread here goes downhill. I actually like how we all seem to be very nice, albeit frustrated, people who seem respectful of other people's opinions.)
Oh no, don't worry. I didn't feel attacked at all! I noticed that I might have sounded a little harsh myself, so I hope I didn't offend you either. I was actually hesitant to post my POV on things, but then I thought, oh what the hell, the Jolex fans are cool, I can share my opinion without turning the discussion into a petty fight. And I'm glad that we really are all mature enough to discuss things and accept different opinions.

Anyways, I'm not the biggest fan of the new Fab 4 either. But even that didn't have to suck as much as it did. Like would it have been so hard to involve Alex in a different way than just as a listener to the lady's various men/women problems? That was so annoying. I get that they wanted to establish a new MAC/MAGIC dynamic, but like with so many other things they failed miserably. I don't think it would have been too much to ask that they took Alex's life/career/relationship into consideration just once, instead of their constant whining.

As for Maggie, I don't necessarily see the similarities between her and April, because April was a pretty awkward person all around, while Maggie seems pretty self-confident, except when it comes to her love life. But I do remember that Alex mocked April for her "mosquito voice" in s8 and now I'm supposed to believe that he would find Maggie's lisp sexy? Oh yeah, whatever. He just matured, right?

I'm excited for the loft too. But the thought that it might be in a bad neighbourhood has me slightly worried. They really shouldn't have to move to a dangerous place, when Alex has enough money to buy them a safe home. Or maybe it isn't as bad as it looked? But the loft did look like a crime scene and that's why it gave me the impression it's a bad neighbourhood. Either way, wherever they are going, they so need to take that couch with them, that's for sure.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
As for Maggie, I don't necessarily see the similarities between her and April, because April was a pretty awkward person all around, while Maggie seems pretty self-confident, except when it comes to her love life. But I do remember that Alex mocked April for her "mosquito voice" in s8 and now I'm supposed to believe that he would find Maggie's lisp sexy? Oh yeah, whatever. He just matured, right
\

I agree Maggie is very full of herself career wise she did not even let the guy talk on a date
Old 06-26-2015, 09:27 AM
Master Fan

you still talk about maggie on Jolex thread?? ok...Bye

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 06-26-2015, 11:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanforever (View Post)
you still talk about maggie on Jolex thread?? ok...Bye
Lol it wasn't about anything romantic between her and Alex though, just the discussion whether or not she's similiar to April.

Anyway, I only just saw that tweet about the loft research. I can't imagine at all how the Jolex loft is gonna look like. It all depends on who was responsible for the horrible decoration at the frat house. I found the curtains so ugly and same with the couch cushions And they never painted the wall in the bedroom. So either Alex just bought a few things after Jo told him that he needs some furniture or Jo helped him with the shopping in s9 which is even worse though because I'd hope that at least Jo has some taste .

I always wanted to see a scene where Alex hugs Jo from behind and puts his head on her shoulder. There is something sweet and sexy about that pose and now I could imagine them finishing the last part of the loft and looking at their new home together like that.

The loft reminds me of Crowen's firehouse too and I'm scared that Jolex will experience a similiar setback like them. It's like whenever a couple moves into a new home the writers let them be happy for about half a season before they ruin them completely. I mean look at Calzona who bought a house together, then decided to have another baby and then got divorced.

About Alex and money: does he really have enough money now? What happened to his student loans and such? He didn't really work long enough at the Private Practice to make so much money did he? I mean he still has Cristina's shares that he should just sell but I doubt that those will ever come up again. Why give Karev $15 million right when they didn't even want to give him the board seat? Ugh I swear I hate this show.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokarev (View Post)
About the Cristina thing: I guess it really depends on how you choose to look at it. I personally don't like s11 Meredith (Alex neither tbh) at all and since she became only like this after Cristina left I feel like Cristina's absence ruined a lot of things. I really think the writers didn't need to go change everything so much and especially change the Merlex dynamic and ruin it like they did but now that they have it feels like it only happened because CrCristina left.
I agree with you.Alex was forced to be Meredith person only because Cristina left and their close relationships doesn't feel right.I like them both but they really don't have chemistry between them.
It was like:Oh Alex is the last one left let's make them best friends.
I actually think it's Callie who could've been Meredith person.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
The loft reminds me of Crowen's firehouse too and I'm scared that Jolex will experience a similiar setback like them. It's like whenever a couple moves into a new home the writers let them be happy for about half a season before they ruin them completely. I mean look at Calzona who bought a house together, then decided to have another baby and then got divorced.
I'm not too worried that they might experience a major setback, now that they're moving into a new place. It might still happen, but it doesn't have to be related to them getting a new place. With Calzona I can't shake the feeling that the writers only ruined them in the end, because no mattter how much damage control and retcon they tried to do, it just didn't work anymore. Remember they had problems way before they moved into the house. I don't think it was intentional to have the pairings move into a new home, before breaking them up. I just hope whatever drama the writers have in store, that they will at least do it right and without ruining the pairing for good. After sidelining them time and again, the writers owe us a good Jolex story IMO.

Quote:
About Alex and money: does he really have enough money now? What happened to his student loans and such? He didn't really work long enough at the Private Practice to make so much money did he?
Alex certainly isn't rich, but I assume since Arizona promised it to him, he's making much more money even in GSMH now. Plus the money he gets from selling Meredith her house back, should be enough to buy a nice, new home for him and Jo, right? I do like the loft idea, but I don't like that it is that rundown and supposedly in a crappy neighbourhood. They deserve better and I'm pretty sure they can afford better. I found it ridiculous when they had George and Lexie move in an apartment with roaches and other vermin too. I guess I just liked the gesture Jo made with the loft more than the actual loft. I don't count on it, but I would like it, if Alex and Jo just decided to go apartment hunting together, since I'm pretty sure even Alex is convinced now that living together with a single mother and 3 kids + another friend who also has a kid is not such a glorious idea.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:24 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
I agree with you.Alex was forced to be Meredith person only because Cristina left and their close relationships doesn't feel right.I like them both but they really don't have chemistry between them.
It was like:Oh Alex is the last one left let's make them best friends.
I actually think it's Callie who could've been Meredith person.
That's what bothers me so much. I see a lot of people who completely forgot about the Mertina friendship and say that everyone should have a friendship like Meredith and Alex. And especially after this season I seriously don't get why because if my friend treated me like Mer treated Alex last season I would've ended the friendship a long time ago. And sadly that's the fact: Mer only turned to Alex because Cristina left. I don't think it would've bothered me that much if they had eased into it and not completely overdone it plus turned it into such a one sided friendship, but they did.

I still like that Meredith turned to Alex and not someone else, after all he was the closest one she had except Cristina, but Alex and Mer just don't have this "we need to talk about every little problem Mer has 24/7" friendship and that's where I agree with you, maybe Callie would've been better for that job. That Meredith/Callie scene at Joe's in 11x05? That had a Mertina vibe and was better than all of the Merlex scenes this season. And I'm someone who always liked Merlex better than any other friendship on the show. That's how quickly some things change. Like yarens said here already, Alex is just not a very patient person and it makes no sense to me how he can still do this person thing. I'm still waiting for him to explode at some point and say that he and Mer need to establish some boundaries or that he needs a break.

And with Alex they turned the person thing more into some sort of workload instead of a friendship. With Meredith and Cristina it was natural because both just loved talking to each other about boy problems and other problems and we had more of a balance. With Merlex now it's just Alex listening to Mer complaining or ranting and when he has a problem once she just doesn't give a crap. And we as the viewers somehow have to accept that this is now their friendship and that apparently Alex is ok with getting nothing in return.
And I hate that so much.
There are so many things this season that I still don't want to accept because I think the writers managed to screw up a lot of things. Characters, relationships, friendships. People were talking about how awful s10 was but at least during s10 I still could enjoy the show as a whole. With s11 the show totally lost its spark for me and I feel like now I only really give a crap about Jolex and Japril.

Quote:
I do like the loft idea, but I don't like that it is that rundown and supposedly in a crappy neighbourhood. They deserve better and I'm pretty sure they can afford better. I found it ridiculous when they had George and Lexie move in an apartment with roaches and other vermin too. I guess I just liked the gesture Jo made with the loft more than the actual loft. I don't count on it, but I would like it, if Alex and Jo just decided to go apartment hunting together, since I'm pretty sure even Alex is convinced now that living together with a single mother and 3 kids + another friend who also has a kid is not such a glorious idea.
I actually love that it's such a crappy loft. I just always have a soft spot for Jolex showing their "alley cats" side and when I saw the loft I screamed internally "THIS IS SO THEM!" plus I think it was Spirit of the Radio here who said that (pardon me if it wasn't you) a loft has something sexy to it which is also quite Jolex since they are this unwed couple without children and I feel like a loft fits them better than a house. An apartment would always be nice too of course. But yeah, if the loft is in a crappy neighbourhood that could cause problems I don't want them to live in a crappy neighbourhood either. I suddenly had this scene in my head in season 6 where Izzie sees the bear and says they need to move and Alex falls back onto the bed because he said so. If something like that happens (not a bear of course) and they decide to move somewhere else I would like that too. But I feel like since that tweet about lofts was posted that they will live there and actually turn it into a home for now. Also, I mean I don't like the idea of them living in a criminal neighbourhood either but at least these two could probably deal with criminals. No idea what Jackson and April for example would do, run for the hills maybe.

Last edited by jokarev; 06-27-2015 at 08:37 AM