Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-11-2015, 11:34 PM
Elite Fan

I think a storyline is happening for Jo and Alex and that is jealousy which has become a theme for them and next season I hope they get some major focus on it but it seems this season has been about bringing Amelia into the hospital and giving her relationships. I do think Jo and Alex are going to be out of the "happy" couple land and right into Jo becoming jealous. It's angst, not what I would want for Alex but it is an angsty story.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:43 PM
New Fan

Yeah, I'm going to continue to hope for a cliffhanger, but IF one happens (and at this point I feel like it won't), I doubt it would be big. Earlier this season I thought Jolex might get the "big" cliffhanger of the finale, since they have had the least all season...but now I really doubt that would happen. Especially if something big happens like if Derek dies (no idea if that's happening, but I've seen a lot of speculation), I bet Jolex wouldn't get anything because all the focus would be on Derek (or another character, idk).

This is just so frustrating...the favortaism this season is way worse than it ever has been in the past...I thought it was bad last season with the several Calzona centric episodes, but this season is far worse. EVERY character with a story line besides Alex and Jo? Even recurring characters like Ben and Catherine have had more purpose? It's inexcusable.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:45 PM
Elite Fan

Alex is close to Meredith who is Derek's Wife so most likely Alex is going to be involved in which his guilt could come back and it would be an amazing start to Jo and Alex's storyline.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah I just thought that if something happens to Derek (except dying, God I really don't want him to die) Meredith will need her people again and then we'll get no Jolex again. And I feel like it will always be that way from now on. Whenever something will happen to Meredith - and she's the main character so honestly, A LOT happens to her - Alex will have to be there for her and Jolex will be ignored again. I wish he'd start feeling guilty about neglecting Jo so much at some point but it's not happening so far.

Totally agree that Camilla and Justin are being treated very poorly on this show and part of me wishes both would just leave. It makes me sad watching them get nothing and I bet both aren't happy about it either.

Jealousy is really not something I want to see more of. I always said "can't we have a patient who hits on Alex for once so that we could see how Jo would react to that kind of situation?" but a serious threat to their relationship is really not something I want to see. At least not caused by a 3rd person. If they ever break up because of something I would want it to be because of one of their issues that doesn't involve another woman for example.

But tbh I'll take anything. For me the situation has turned into an "all or nothing" kind of thing. Either the writers start focussing on Jolex soon and give them a proper storyline or they ruin them now once and for all so that I can stop watching. I would just completely hate it if a fictional character I have rooted for so long (and in my case it's really long) would end up with someone I don't want him to end up with. And at this point that "someone" is anybody but Jo.

I keep thinking about all the storylines that could have been done for these two, all the socially significant issues that could have been addressed, and how none of these things really happened because both characters were incredibly misused. Makes me want to cry. This is not me bashing Izzex but the cancer storyline was something you could have done for any couple and it was so big and moving and made for great moments. Jolex have the potential for storylines you can only do for them and no other couple (how many tv couples do we have where both characters were foster kids who are still so affected by their childhood trauma and where it would be amazing to see them tackle all this stuff and overcome it together?) and for some reason the writers are refusing to give them this kind of material that could make them one hell of a special couple on this show with incredible depth to their relationship. Shonda said back in s9 that she hopes that Jolex will become one of the biggest romances on this show and now she's ignoring them like she has never done with any other couple before. I feel so screwed over. Again. As if all the disappointment regarding Alex in the past wasn't enough. As if all the disappointment regarding Alex this season wasn't enough with PP and board decision and lack of storylines. Jo is being ignored too. Both get nothing. I'm so sick of waiting. I never should have let myself get so invested, I knew nothing good would come out of shipping couples on this show.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:56 AM
Loyal Fan

This is frustrating af. I know we always keep saying this season: "hopefully we'll get something in the next episode" and we still keep getting nothing but it's the only thing that keeps me going. At some point something needs to happen, whether it will be something great for Jolex or something horrible.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:29 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm so sad too I just need a great scene of them together again. Or you know, for them to break up for good or be written out and ride off into the sunset so I can move on from this show. I don't even know how Calzona fans make it through this season. Must be horrible. And we haven't even seen Jolex break up. I personally wouldn't even mind a break up as long as we don't have to watch them with other people. Ugh I don't know, the big nothing we've gotten so far makes the long wait so horrible.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:34 PM
Master Fan

MerDer fans asked for a storyline last year and look we got, an emotional, twisted rollercoaster that's being used for ratings. It's ridiculous. I'd gladly let another couple have our pain. I'd even go back to S10 when there were episodes we barely saw Mer or Der and they had no storyline. At least I wasn't having anxiety attacks every two hours.

No one is really happy where their couple is at the moment. This season has been torture for everyone. But be careful what you wish for, is all I can say.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's drama tv show ou can't have a drama with a couple being happy
Old 04-12-2015, 04:31 PM
Elite Fan

Cute Jo/Alex scene for what I assume is next episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_9CLhM-ets#t=15
Old 04-12-2015, 04:32 PM
Master Fan

I know that, but there's quality drama and drama for the sake for drama. And then there's characters that are just there not getting any storyline at all.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah I think I've said it before that I don't think any fans are happy this season. Either too much drama or nothing and no attention. But I'm just sooooooo tired of not getting any good scenes together, let alone a storyline. But it's not like Shonda will read my opinion on this and give Jolex heavy drama now because I asked for drama As long as none of them dies or cheats I think I'll be kind of ok.

@JaSam4Life you meant the scene where he runs after her? That was sadly from episode 8, would be cute seeing that kind of scene again though.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

Death and cheating are Shonda's favorite storylines, though!
Old 04-12-2015, 05:04 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsweetgirlx91 (View Post)
Yeah I think I've said it before that I don't think any fans are happy this season. Either too much drama or nothing and no attention. But I'm just sooooooo tired of not getting any good scenes together, let alone a storyline. But it's not like Shonda will read my opinion on this and give Jolex heavy drama now because I asked for drama As long as none of them dies or cheats I think I'll be kind of ok.

@JaSam4Life you meant the scene where he runs after her? That was sadly from episode 8, would be cute seeing that kind of scene again though.
Oh, sorry. I thought it was new since it said new promo.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

I thought it was a new shot too

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 04-12-2015, 06:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh I got excited for a second, I thought we had something to look forward to. Even though promos can be so misleading. But thanks for sharing it anyways!

Shonda is supposed to be such a creative woman, she should be able to come up with things that are not about cheating or dying. The lack of communication between Alex and Jo could bite them in the ass in the end for example. Like it did with Calzona. Oh how I wished for them to go to a shrink together. But right now they don't have huge relationship problems. Yet. Who knows what will happen in that department soon.