Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-24-2015, 06:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I think he was flirty a couple times but it wasn't an on going thing as it is with Jackson and Derek. He just doesn't isn't that way except now with Jo.
I see what you're saying, he can be flirty but you are right, he isnt really charming. I was thinking mostly about S2 with Izzie before all of drama started. I actually really liked how snarky Jo and Alex were with each other when they first got together. The scene where they talk about breaking up is one of my favorites and I would love for them to get some of the snark back.

Quote:
If nothing else they should have at least tried to make the Mer/Alex/Jo jealousy thing into a coherent story. Let Meredith be the biggest bitch to Jo but explain why. Let Alex be an oblivious boyfriend to Jo but show some real confrontation about it. The way they played it, we as the audience don't even know what to think of it. We still don't know why Meredith is so rude to Jo, let alone if there's even a deeper meaning to it. We can't even be sure if Alex is still a loving and caring boyfriend or if he neglects Jo, because we never see any meaningful scenes with them. That's what's really frustrating about this story. It's all over the place and it has been that way for too long now.
This has been my biggest frustration with this season, besides a lack of Jo's past being dealt with. They start something and never follow it up properly. But Shonda has tweeted things about the Mer/Jo situation which lead me to believe that there is a reason for it and it will come to a head, although Jo doesn't seem to care anymore so whatever. I want them to have drama as a couple, but I don't really want to see them miserable.

Quote:
So, I guess what I'm saying is just that I hope Owen and Amelia can take over as a "happy" couple and not one that immediately has drama to deal with! I'm a sucker for angst, and I want that so badly for Jolex and for them to have a meaty SL. And, I think for that to happen, another couple has to take over as the happy ones! Maybe it will be Japril though as they start to heal...
I would like Owen to have a happy, "lighter" relationship this time around. I liked him and Cristina, but they went from 0 to 24-hour angst too fast for me, and I was always like, "do you guys ever just hang out and watch tv and laugh?". I hope he gets some lighter stuff with Amelia. And I really, really, really hope that Alex is there to shove a stupid LOVE CONTRACT in Owens face immediately LOL! I will be kind of annoyed if that whole bit of nonsense is forgotten since Owen was so hard on Jolex about it.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I have to say that those were my thoughts too. If they couldn't do it earlier, due to Calzona drama, MerDer drama, Japril drama and introducing Maggie and Amelia as new characters, then now would have been the right time to start their story, since all the above mentioned storylines have had some sufficient development. But they keep postponing any Jolex story and I'm tired of coming up with excuses for the writers. They majorly screwed this one up IMO.
I totally agree. Jo and Alex starting their storyline there would have had the viewers attention and yet another missed opportunity. I can only hope that something is planned for the ending of the season regarding JoLex.

Quote:
I see what you're saying, he can be flirty but you are right, he isnt really charming. I was thinking mostly about S2 with Izzie before all of drama started. I actually really liked how snarky Jo and Alex were with each other when they first got together. The scene where they talk about breaking up is one of my favorites and I would love for them to get some of the snark back.
I think that's what I love about Alex the best is he isn't the type to be charming but he can bring it out if he has too. Almost like a last resort but again that was S2 and now we're in season eleven. A lot things have changed since then and a lot of things have happened to make Alex, well Alex. I personally love Light Alex and Jo because if we look at his past it has always been one big drama after another.

Quote:
I would like Owen to have a happy, "lighter" relationship this time around. I liked him and Cristina, but they went from 0 to 24-hour angst too fast for me, and I was always like, "do you guys ever just hang out and watch tv and laugh?". I hope he gets some lighter stuff with Amelia. And I really, really, really hope that Alex is there to shove a stupid LOVE CONTRACT in Owens face immediately LOL! I will be kind of annoyed if that whole bit of nonsense is forgotten since Owen was so hard on Jolex about it.
One of the many things I hated about Owen and Cristina is the never ending angst and drama they would always have and I get that Kevin and Sandra both like Caterina are amazing in the Dramatic and probably are better in that area then any fluff scenes but they should have evened it out a bit. The contract thing was actually brought up last episode "The hospital has rules." And it's why I think Owen and Amelia both are going to try to stay away from each other sort of like S1 MerDer only it's not because they don't want to start something but because it's kind of a rule not having co-workers dating so I def see that being why they either keep it a secret for a while after they spend some episode avoiding each other or they'll take a while before they actually get together. As I have said earlier the contract/Rules was brought up last episode and I see it being brought back again before they actually start anything serious.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:48 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi everyone!! It's so nice see this thread so busy, I've just made a full immersion in all of your conversation I missed!

So I have to say I liked Alex's "I'm gonna marry that girl" from last episode, but not because I want them married right now, but just because was so sweet, and I missed so much that loving gaze on Alex's face.

That being said, I don't want a marriage for them right now for all of the reasons you guys just said, but also I absolutely don't believe that we'll have a marriage at the moment. I really think Alex's words are the beginning for something for them; I'm really frustrated for the lack of them so far, but I believe that their story is coming, I'm convinced that the Jolex storyline will start soon (maybe around 11x16?). So I think that "I'm gonna marry that girl" it's the start of their story, then something will happen, it's Grey's so sure we'll have drama (I just hope it's a good drama), but there will be time to explore some stuff that really need to be addressed for them, and in the end, the conclusion of their storyline will bring the marriage, not necessarily at the end of this season, also a cliffhanger and then a marriage at the beginning of next season would be really good for me. For me this could be a really good scenario.

About the way Alex is with Jo I have to say that it's really one thing that I like about them. I don't think they made Alex act like that for adapt him at Jo, I really see that like a normal change, and only because it mirror how Alex is right now. We've never seen Alex so stable and peaceful before, I can really say that since season 10b, for the first time in his life Alex is just happy. He never had that before, just normal life, but everything is going well for him, either the personal and professional life, and stay with Jo makes him feel so good that he finds himself to be more playful, and also be in a healthy relationship for the first time lets himself go in this way. And after so many years of heartbreaking I loved see him in that way!

Btw I just get a little upset for the promo pics about 11x14, I really thought Amelia/Herman story would be addressed in 11x13, but now I just find out that 11x14 it's still about them...
Old 02-24-2015, 10:53 AM
Elite Fan

Ep 13 is the prep to the surgery, it's in ep14 where the actual surgery takes place.
Old 02-24-2015, 11:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

Oh right. I hadn't read anything about 11x14 so I didn't imagine this surgery will take two episode. (And I have to say I would have prefered it wouldn't take two episode).
Thank you for the explanation!
Old 02-24-2015, 01:10 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sav@ (View Post)
Oh right. I hadn't read anything about 11x14 so I didn't imagine this surgery will take two episode. (And I have to say I would have prefered it wouldn't take two episode).
Thank you for the explanation!
Yeah, 11x14 is actually "Amelia centric" so I doubt there will be any Jolex scenes or anything. The press release for 11x15 was also just released, and alas, still no mention of Alex/Jolex.

I hate being a debbie downer and complaining, but it's sooo frustrating when all these press releases mention almost every character except Alex and Jo! I just saw someone tweet that it's been 12 episodes since he was last mentioned. It's especially frustrating for Alex since he's an original and he's really loved among the majority of Grey's watchers (I think, at least I've never seen anyone who really hates him). I know the press releases aren't always 100 percent accurate, but they haven't been too far off lately...
Old 02-24-2015, 01:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTga848 (View Post)
Yeah, 11x14 is actually "Amelia centric" so I doubt there will be any Jolex scenes or anything. The press release for 11x15 was also just released, and alas, still no mention of Alex/Jolex.

I hate being a debbie downer and complaining, but it's sooo frustrating when all these press releases mention almost every character except Alex and Jo! I just saw someone tweet that it's been 12 episodes since he was last mentioned. It's especially frustrating for Alex since he's an original and he's really loved among the majority of Grey's watchers (I think, at least I've never seen anyone who really hates him). I know the press releases aren't always 100 percent accurate, but they haven't been too far off lately...
It is frustrating. I have been optimistic but if they aren't mentioned in 16 (which is the episode we are all hanging our hopes on), then I just don't know.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh yes! I've just read the press release from 11x15 and I got frustrated... again. God, even if I wasn't looking for a storyline for them, occasionally a little mentioned in the press release would be so much to ask?
Btw I don't think this episode will be a big drama, but can I hope for something like Alex and Jo worried for each other even for just one moment, please?
And yes, if in 11x16 there are no clue about them, I really think we can start to stalking Shonda on twitter...
Old 02-24-2015, 01:55 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of the Radio (View Post)
It is frustrating. I have been optimistic but if they aren't mentioned in 16 (which is the episode we are all hanging our hopes on), then I just don't know.
I actually just did a quick look through the season 10 press releases, and they aren't mentioned in some of the episodes where I think they had big/significant moments (10x06, 07, 21, etc). So idk. I guess something could start for them in 15. But now i'm just probably being irrationally optimistic!

Is there something about 11x16 that's making you think it could start a Jolex SL?
Old 02-24-2015, 02:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTga848 (View Post)
I actually just did a quick look through the season 10 press releases, and they aren't mentioned in some of the episodes where I think they had big/significant moments (10x06, 07, 21, etc). So idk. I guess something could start for them in 15. But now i'm just probably being irrationally optimistic!

Is there something about 11x16 that's making you think it could start a Jolex SL?
I believe that 16 is when TV GUide was there visiting and hinted at a Jolex story. Plus, it was speculated that the season is roughly divided into thirds (based on where the hiatus started), and 16 would be near the beginning of the last third.

Yeah, the news releases and promo pics are not always an indication of what's going to happen, but when you have nothing else going on, not ever being mentioned doesn't help. When was Alex's last major patient case?
Old 02-24-2015, 04:34 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I believe that 16 is when TV GUide was there visiting and hinted at a Jolex story. Plus, it was speculated that the season is roughly divided into thirds (based on where the hiatus started), and 16 would be near the beginning of the last third.

Yeah, the news releases and promo pics are not always an indication of what's going to happen, but when you have nothing else going on, not ever being mentioned doesn't help. When was Alex's last major patient case?
If I remember correctly, Alex has a patient case all season. At least, one that was for him. He had a baby case early on but it was mostly written for Arizona (she kept getting involved and had to let go) and he had a kid who he operated on win Meredith (but she was the lead). And then in 11x09 he had that boy, but that case was mostly about Bailey getting info from the doctor. Asides from no Jolex, this is definitely my biggest complaint. Most of the other doctors have had major cases, and Alex hasn't had anything. Not one patient written for his character. I don't even remember any cases during 10B?

There are some peds patients in the sides from 11x15-19 which are the sides that have been released so far. Whether they are patients for him or just for him to assist on remains to be seen, but perhaps that's another indicator that his and Jo's story will pick up soon. Idk.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:

I don't think you should take what is said in a summary to be anything really. And I don't know what was said when TVG was on set but I wouldn't worry that they're not being talked about on the press release.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

I really can't remember when was last Alex's case. I don't even think he had one in a entire season, because even when he is with patients and in OR usually he is there with someone else who is the main surgeon. After all my frustration is also about that, no Jolex at all, but not even one case for Alex just for one episode... it's like he is not in the show... except when other characters need him, of course.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:21 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sav@ (View Post)
I really can't remember when was last Alex's case. I don't even think he had one in a entire season, because even when he is with patients and in OR usually he is there with someone else who is the main surgeon. After all my frustration is also about that, no Jolex at all, but not even one case for Alex just for one episode... it's like he is not in the show... except when other characters need him, of course.
Yeah, I honestly can't remember his last case either...like a patient written for him, for his story, advances his story, he's the lead surgeon etc...the only one I can think of is season 9 that little boy with the "phil" tumor? But that CAN'T be the last one, can it? that was 2 seasons ago!

I'm really hoping things pick up episode 16 like some of you are predicting. It's disappointing when every other character/ship has had something substantial or will be getting something substantial in the future. Amelia/Owen are a new couple and have had their story moved forward more than jolex in just one episode! Ben is a recurring character and he has a big storyline coming up too! Maggie is new, she had a LOT of focus in 11A and now it looks like she's getting a new love interest. Amelia is getting a centric episode. I'm not saying these characters don't deserve what they're getting, because they do. I think all the characters deserve things like this. It's just SO frustrating when Alex and Jo are the only ones to be completely ignored. I really don't get it. Either something big is coming for them, and, if not, I can't help but think Shonda and the writers really don't care about them. I mean, if they stay like this the whole season with no significant story line individually or as a couple, what else could explain it?!

(sorry to be a ranting mess lol)
Old 02-25-2015, 09:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

That's my biggest problem. I wish we would either get something big for them as a couple or at least a storyline for them individually. It seems that they're not making Jo make any progress in anything. Her relationship is paused, her work relationships are meh because she never bonds with anyone on the show. I mean if the writers want to they make two characters get drunk together in one episode and best friends in the next. It worked with April/Arizona or Jo/Alex. But for some reason when it comes to Jo's relationships with other characters they don't (want to) do that. And it really frustrates me. Jo seems to be a genuinely good and loyal friend when she befriends someone, why not give her somebody she can talk to about the things that bug her? Mer is treating her coldly, the other attendings aren't taking her seriously, she never has a shining moment as a surgeon. I mean when MAGIC/JA were residents they were shown having successes during surgery or coming up with excellent ideas for procedures. It's not like Jo is dumb, she seems to be a very smart person but for some reason she's just everyone's lackey and nothing more.

And don't get me started on Alex whose only storyline this season was to get screwed over so Bailey could get his board seat. Oh and well being Meredith's shrink. I wish they would at least stop making him hang out with Mer/Maggie/Callie all the time, I really don't enjoy their scenes because the dynamic feels so forced to me.