Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-26-2015, 10:00 AM
Master Fan

Alex is an original and we haven't even met his mother. Though Jo met his dad. I think that gave her an insight to Alex that Izzie never had. I wonder if we will ever meet Amber. Though I think by S5 Izzie didn't really care about Alex. He had opened his heart to her and she took it for granted. Izzie was a nuisance in S5.
Old 03-26-2015, 11:15 AM
New Fan

Jess W. likes Alex/Izzie !! Oh , I miss you Izzie so badly
No offense , I like Jo but I adore Izzie
Old 03-26-2015, 11:30 AM
Master Fan

Well, this is the Jolex thread.

I can't say I miss Izzie. I know she was one of Shonda's faves until Katherine Heigl did what she did, and boom, no more Izzie.

Unfortunately, they haven't really bothered taking time to develop Jo as a character. Three seasons later, and nada. Maggie is better developed than she is, and Maggie's barely been on the show a season.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, I really don't think this is the right thread to write about how much one misses Izzie.

The fact that they're not bothering to develop Jo is what pains me most. I'm not expecting her to get the kind of focus MAGIC would have gotten in 3 seasons because she's not one of the main characters but seriously - they're not giving her anything anymore. You're right, Maggie is developed better and that is because Shonda actually cares about Maggie and she's related to Webber and Meredith. Same with Amelia. Jo and Steph are like the red-headed stepchildren. And it's definitely not because they're only residents because showing the development of residents was the main theme of Grey's in seasons 1-8. Like I said, I also don't expect them to get the same amount of attention MAC/Japril got but it's like they're being used as props to boost the ego of the attendings.

I'm at a point where I don't want Alex with anyone else anymore. I think he found his match. And his match is actually a series regular this time and not just a recurring character. So I'm stuck hoping for them to give Jo some storylines and being disappointed every week. But what was I actually expecting? It's not Callie or Cristina's love interest, it's Alex's, so why would the writers care for her? The only thing I hate now is that they keep dropping hints about her past that are so interesting (like sexual abuse, how she lived in her car, why she left her last foster home, why she was in jail) and make me crave for more but never give me anything. If Jo was just plain boring and I wouldn't even care about these things I'd be ok with them giving me Jolex stories only (which we're not getting either but whatever) but this way I'm twice as disappointed. One for not getting any Jo development and two for not getting any Jolex.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Unfortunately, they haven't really bothered taking time to develop Jo as a character. Three seasons later, and nada. Maggie is better developed than she is, and Maggie's barely been on the show a season.
Well, this is just a confirmation of what we said first, Shonda develops and gives storyline only to her favourites, she isn't interested to Jo so she get nothing, she isn't interested to Alex, so she doesn't bother about developed him and his girlfriend, but is so obvious that she already loves Maggie, so she gets more stuff, a love interest too and all of a sudden she is magically and completely integrated with all the others characters... yeah...
Old 03-27-2015, 08:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Still feeling for you guys.
Jolex has gotten squat and I hope that changes, but the cast has gotten so inflated that story develop is suffering, BIG TIME.

Really feeling the mojo between April and Jo last night.

Now that April has become a bit more gritty due to the lost of her son, I think her and Jo would be a great pairing.

Hope she chooses trauma for her speciality, I think they would be a good fit.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justathought (View Post)
Still feeling for you guys.
Jolex has gotten squat and I hope that changes, but the cast has gotten so inflated that story develop is suffering, BIG TIME.

Really feeling the mojo between April and Jo last night.

Now that April has become a bit more gritty due to the lost of her son, I think her and Jo would be a great pairing.

Hope she chooses trauma for her speciality, I think they would be a good fit.
*CRIES* I always wanted Jo in Trauma, I think it's the best fit for her! I just didn't think they would make her choose it because we already have Owen and April. But as far as I know Jo works with April again in episodes 19 and 20. Even if she doesn't choose Trauma I'd love more Jo/April. I thought it wouldn't happen because of Stephanie but I don't really think that Steph is a great friend to Jo tbh so I don't care

I just really hope that the writers will focus on MerDer now a bit more so that Jolex can finally have some progress. I think MerDer fans desperately want some scenes for their ship as well. I'm so tired of all the Alex friendship scenes.
Old 03-27-2015, 10:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Team Jopril!!! I honestly am ok with most specialties for her but I love April and I could see them make a great team. But if it won't be April I'm okay with it being anyone else who sees Jo's potential and shows some faith in her like Bailey did in episode 16. I'm just so tired of everyone treating Jo like ****. We get it, she is a nobody resident but she's in her 3rd year already and she can be kickass. And I want a teacher/student relationship for her where she can blossom. I can see her perfectly in Trauma. I feel like her becoming Callie's student would help a lot with her popularity since Callie is so extremely popular and always wanted a student but I think I read once that general surgeons like Jo can't just specialize in Ortho because they didn't do an Ortho residency. So Trauma would be amazing and give me lots of Jopril feels. I love both of them.

I still think her best teacher has been Alex though, they were amazing together.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Owen is so wrapped up with Amy n Chief duties that April and Jo would be amazing.
Plus, maybe we will get more Alex/Jackson which is a WHOLE lot better than him as Mer's person.
I haven't like that plot AT ALL!

As a Japril shipper I feel for you guys. It's hell being odd man out most times.

Even though Japril got the baby arc, they have floundered the other 14 epis for sure and you guys have been stuck for 17 epis.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:53 PM
Loyal Fan

You know why I would love a Japril/Jolex double date/friendship? Because Japril basically have no friends and Jolex had basically no friends last season. And this season it's worse because all we see is Alex hang out with people who ignore Jo which in return makes it look like he ignores Jo which makes me extremely angry. And I always really liked Alex/Jackson as buddies. I'm really sad that the writers completely dropped that all of a sudden. I guess guys are a bit different but still, you don't just abandon your friends from one day to the next and hang out with completely different people which is what Alex is kinda doing this season. He was always closer to Arizona and bam, now he's besties with Callie? What?! So the idea of Japril and Jolex having common friends they can hang out with as a couple would be so great. Not sure what Steph would say about it but oh well..

Actually, if you count last season too it's been 25 episodes already since their last storyline as a couple ended in 10x16 with the love contract. Ever since then we got Private Practice and the board but they were Alex storylines.. Seeing this written here makes me incredibly sad because I'm sure soon it will be 30 episodes and more.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Guys, can I ask you a favor? I'm not really good to understand english by registration, so if someone listen Camilla's podcast, can you say to me if there are some stuff that we could found interesting, please?
Old 03-28-2015, 09:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sav@ (View Post)
Guys, can I ask you a favor? I'm not really good to understand english by registration, so if someone listen Camilla's podcast, can you say to me if there are some stuff that we could found interesting, please?
Not as far as a future plot for Jolex. She kept saying that they don't know until they get the scripts for the table read.

No hints of anything, for anyone, going forward.

Just general chit chat about funny people on the set, most intense scene for her to play was when she was beat, that JC laughs in scenes when they are serious.

Sorry, still nothing plot related for Jolex.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well, what was I expecting after all? Camilla is just one of us.
Now I think that after what Shonda said about change of plans, it's clear that we can forget a Jolex storyline... well, good to know at least.

justathought thank you so much!!!
Old 03-28-2015, 05:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justathought (View Post)
Not as far as a future plot for Jolex. She kept saying that they don't know until they get the scripts for the table read.

No hints of anything, for anyone, going forward.

Just general chit chat about funny people on the set, most intense scene for her to play was when she was beat, that JC laughs in scenes when they are serious.

Sorry, still nothing plot related for Jolex.
Thanks so much for the info. I did listen to it but couldn't really recite which possibly goes back to the fact that she didn't say anything important.

Betsy seems to like Jolex though, so if they are sidelined for a reason I'm sure it's Shonda's fault. Great, huh?
Old 03-28-2015, 10:33 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokarev (View Post)
Thanks so much for the info. I did listen to it but couldn't really recite which possibly goes back to the fact that she didn't say anything important.

Betsy seems to like Jolex though, so if they are sidelined for a reason I'm sure it's Shonda's fault. Great, huh?
Yeah, Betsy seems to be a Jolex fan. Which is refreshing to hear. Actually, I think several of the writers might be fans for them, especially since I think there's SO much to explore with these two. It must be fun for writers to explore such a new couple...

Shonda doesn't like them though. And that's all that matters. Her writing room is likely not a democracy....so, I doubt we'll EVER have a big Jolex story line. Hopefully we'll have something next season before the show ends (assuming 12 is the last), but it would be big and require a centric episode (like Calzona and Japril have had this season). Oh well.