Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-14-2015, 04:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Alley Cats [Alex ღ Jo] #19: Because he's not going anywhere except home with her

W E L C O M E T O T H E 19th
ALEX KAREV & JO WILSON
A P P R E C T I A T I O N T H R E A D

"...in my mind, they're these two alley cats who hang around together."

shippers.
01. ryanforever
02. Christian'sKimberDoll
03. fragileღheart
04. LEYTON_TLA
05. *~Sophia~*
06. JaSam4Life
07. Pretti
08. Two-Core-Aura
09. feelingepic
10. aab11
11. Slexie
12. tinnie75
12. crashintoyou
13. gingerly
14. MexieFan
15. bandcandy
16. HiddenFancy
17. Liam's curls
18. TheShepherds
19. slexiefan84
20. {worshipfulness}
21. ces't moi
22. sweetxmisery
23. Hellmouth
24. Chastidy
25. Petrovafire
26. mel_
27. FanFun
28. Mountain_Girl
29. Japril
30. AlwaysCB
31. I LOVE japril
32. Annso
33. katie1993
34. Sav@
35. NTga848
36. maryy89
37. xsweetgirlx91
38. jokarev
39. yarens
40. I'msolost
41. AmidalaEmma

moments.

honourary shippers.
camilla luddington
justin chambers
sarah drew
meredith grey
cristina yang

download here

quotes.
"if you watch back there are hints of jo falling for him too,
a long time before that kiss. she was crazy about him but
tried hard to ignore those feelings, because she thought
she'd mess it up and ruin their friendship. her insecurities
are just like alex's. but for her - he was always number one.
and there are so many signs of that throughout the season.
but she also had no clue alex felt that way..."

"he allows her to be vulnerable when she
normally carefully controls what she exposes about herself,
and she allows him -- no judgment -- to be exactly who he is."

"she's finding her footing in how to navigate,
for the first time, a really trusting relationship.
he may go above and beyond for her, but jo would
also do anything for him. she wouldn't abandon him."

"i think your "person" would never leave you.
i think they couldn't walk away from you
because it would be hard to breathe without you.
i don't think they have to be "perfect" by any means,
i think they just have to fit for you."
- camilla luddington

"sometimes it’s not about opposites attracting.
sometimes you need to be cut from the
same cloth to move forward, I think that
they understand each other really well,
but I think that she adds an excitement to him
— a spark."

"he’s found someone who is his match
and he’s challenged by that. before,
it was always about, ‘well this is what
i went through and you don’t know what
it’s like.’ now someone does know what
it’s like, so that should be a good challenge.”

"what i’ve been doing the last two years, i think,
is great. they’re giving alex some fun stuff to do with jo."
- justin chambers

the moment.

x

reasons.
01. Because they both come from similar backgrounds.
02. Because she steals doughnuts from Dermatology for him.
03. Because she bought him a couch... with the money she won from him.
04. Because they drink beer and hang out.
05. Because she cherishes their friendship.
06. Because he's into her.
07. Because he still believes co-workers dating can work.
08. Because she doesn't want to never see him again.
09. Because she wouldn't find a teacher as good as him if she left.
10. Because he wants the best for her.
11. Because he loves her.
12. Because he would have killed a guy for her.
13. Because she wouldn't have let him cover for her.
14. Because their love is so strong it smashes windows.
15. Because why wouldn't he?
16. Because his home is hers.
17. Because she wears his sweaters like they're made for her.
18. Because they're both fighters.
19. Because not everyone is like them.
20. Because mother nature ships them so hard she had to get in on the action, too.
21. Because her crazy fits his crazy.
22. Because "OH, THANK GOD."
23. Because she's the thing that's special.
24. Because he should have thrown her over his shoulder and had his way with her months ago.
25. Because she's not a nobody.
26. Because at least with her, thinking about dead people is a mood killer.
27. Because Justin Chambers swears that Jo really is Alex's person.
28. Because "dog face."
29. Because he let her in.

fanmixes.

previous threads.
01. Because he called her "Princess"
02. Because she doesn't want to never see him again.
03. Because he loves her.
04. Because she allows him to be exactly who he is.
05. Because they've turned us into tree haters and couch lovers.
06. Because, "..." "I don't hear anything." "Shut up." "Okay, but-" "I'm serious." "Fine." "I love you."
07. Because "If you watch back there are hints of Jo falling for him too, a long time before that kiss."
08. Because it's fate, or whatever.
09. Because, "Alex and Jo are really charmingly funny together." - Shonda Rhimes
10. Because mother nature ships it so hard she had to get in on the action too.
11. "She's the thing that's special, dumbass." - Cristina
12. "Because,"she adds an excitement to him - a spark." - Justin Chambers
13. They're both flawed but they complement each other and there’s an unconditional love."- Justin
14. Because he is her sexy double agent.
15. Because we are hoping for lots of emotional Jolex scenes in season 11.
16. Because we are very grateful for all the goodies we got lately.
17. Because "Jo is the love of his life." - Justin Chambers
18.Because we are impatiently waiting for our big Jolex storyline this season

justin & camilla.

on tumblr.

Old 02-14-2015, 04:35 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't think Jo will get pregnant though. Pretty much since 10x10 we've known and seen that they have sex a lot, hell people asked Jo twice already if she is pregnant and she never was. It would have been a good fit after they dealt with Jimmy but right now I would hate a pregnancy so much. She still hasn't even said I love you yet. She still isn't thriving as a surgeon. They need to develop her character better first. Especially now with Japril just having lost their baby I would really not want Jolex to become parents.

I'm really sick of these nudity/sex scenes though. I want something serious for them already.
Old 02-14-2015, 06:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Is it just me or does Shonda Rhimes HATE Jolex? Maybe not hate, because that's a pretty strong emotion that requires to actually give a damn about something, which Shonda clearly doesn't when it comes to Jolex. But I'd say it's pretty obvious that she doesn't care about them at all. Not only as a couple but also as single characters.

I don't know another way to make sense of the way they are treated on the show. It's a joke. She doesn't even say one word to reassure worried Jolex fans on twitter and she must know that ignoring them for so long is pretty upsetting for us fans.

I don't like how Shonda plays favourites on the show and makes it so obvious. You can tell that she's invested in both Owen and Amelia by the way she's already working on their little romance that is bound to happen. 8 episodes in they had their first bonding moment. Now in ep. 11 they had the second one. Alex on the other hand had a whole season where he was single and had no storyline whatsoever, but the writers didn't even care. Now he is in a relationship with an interesting girlfriend that would make for SEVERAL great storylines and yet they get benched again. How is that even possible? Honestly I'm so mad about all of this.

I know something will come eventually, but it just pisses me off that they put the couple with the most potential on the backburner. Enough already! One of the reasons why I'm so disappointed about it, is the fact that I'm worried how they're gonna tell all the great stories that are possible for them, if they're in the background for 3/4 of the episodes. I know Grey's could probably go on forever, since ABC loves to beat that dead horse, but at this rate I think the show's probably gonna get cancelled, before they've addressed all the Jolex issues.

Ugh, sorry I'm being so negative today. I'm trying to work on that, but I'm just fed up.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Oh, god, please not a baby! That would actually be the worst thing for me right now. Not only for the reasons you said but because it would just show that the writers have no idea what to do with them. Plus, this show doesnt do kids very well what with the 24 hour daycare, etc. my biggest fear is that we will have gotten nothing all season and then they cram some big marriage/baby storyline into the last 4-5 episodes. I wouldn't mind an engagement or or at least a conversation about it.

The sex thing doesn't bother me too much. When Im feeling positive, I remember that Alex has always been very sexual, and this is just another way to show that Jo is a good match for him. We know that it isn't just sex, but since their screen time is so limited, it might just be a shorthand way for the writers to show us that they are still really happy and into each other. And Camilla and Justin don't have a problem with the scenes and they are the only couple together and not going through angst, so they are the token "sexy" part of Greys for right now. But they can stop having Alex announce how much sex he is having anytime now. He isn't a 15 year old boy with his first girlfriend, jeeze.

For some reason I am feeling optimistic today, and so I think that something must be coming up in the horizon for them, I just hope it is sooner rather than later. The writers had to deal with PD's racing schedule and SD's pregnancy and introduce annoying Maggie, so those stories had to be told during a certain block of time and a certain way. Therefore, other characters stories had to be put on the back burner. I just wish that the board and the "jealousy" thing hadn't been completely dropped.

We know that J and C gave an interview to TV Guide around the time that the next few episodes were filming so if that comes out soon, it could mean that something is going on. They haven't been included much in the episode descriptions, but those have been pretty misleading of late, so that may not be a big deal. And maybe their story either doesn't involve guest actors or involves one bigger name guest actor and that is why the sides don't seem to apply to them (although there are a couple that might). I don't know, I don't think Shonda hates the, I just don't think that Alex has ever been one of her favorites. But I thought that he was one of Stacy McKee's favorites so that is disappointing.

Also, it looks like something might be up in the next episode, and if not, Jo and Alex look so cute in the scene where Alex says that he is down for whatever. I love the tiny look he gives Jo...so yay for that .00008th of a second if nothing else" 😍
Old 02-14-2015, 08:35 AM
Part-Time Fan

I just have to imagine that this is SR's way of showing us another type of relationship. Meredith and Derek, Owen and Cristina, and Callie and Arizona all started fairly quickly and then when they learned more about each other there were some issues. Derek was married, Cristina and Arizona didn't want kids. Jackson and April, and Jo and Alex all started as friends, but Jackson and April very suddenly got married and realized they still had things they needed to find out about each other. At least they are now being shown working thru them.

I know it's painful to watch on screen, and we'd REALLY like to see some movement forward, but Alex and Jo are taking it slow (painfully so) in order to protect themselves from getting hurt. But we certainly deserve Alex at least defending Jo or their relationship, and Jo finally saying ILY.

I believe they will eventually get married, and when they do, I feel sure they will have a lot fewer bumps in the road compared to all the others because they will know each other so well.

As much as I don't think it will be Jo in the accident, or Jo being slapped by the patient, those two situations would certainly be interesting, and might bring out the words we all want to hear.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks for the new thread! Ok, you picked the same title was in my mind, lol! I love it!

I don't think Shonda hates them, I just developed a new vision of this situation: for me the problem is that Alex is a men. Lol this sound so weird, I know, but I mean Grey's is a very female show and the protagonists are essentially women. Every male character in the show that had a big storyline is always dragged by the story of a woman, Derek follow Meredith's story, Owen was dragged by Cristina, also now with Japril the main character of this story was April and when Alex had huge moments and an emotional storyline in season 5 wasn't even his story, but was dragged by Izzie. For me this is the real problem, the show is carried by women, so Alex that was without a female partner for years was always sidelines. Now he got Jo, but the problem is that she is still a new character and Shonda doesn't fall suddenly in love with her (like with Maggie) so she is still sidelines and didn't get a development yet and Alex like always is there without a possible great story. Now I wouldn't be surprised if Owen and Amelia get faster something, and this could be helped by the fact that Amelia is a female carachter that Shonda loves.
And this is just so wrong!!!

Btw I'm also disappointed with Stacy McKee, because I always loved how she wrote for Alex, her episodes were generally great for him, so I was excited for her this year but now I'm really disappointed for what we get. Of course the situation with PD, SD and Maggie was an huge factor for 11A, so maybe we have to remain hopeful for the next episodes, because in this first part of the season so many characters get their storyline, so what are supposed to developed in 11B? I think Jolex time is really coming.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sav@ (View Post)
Btw I'm also disappointed with Stacy McKee, because I always loved how she wrote for Alex, her episodes were generally great for him, so I was excited for her this year but now I'm really disappointed for what we get. Of course the situation with PD, SD and Maggie was an huge factor for 11A, so maybe we have to remain hopeful for the next episodes, because in this first part of the season so many characters get their storyline, so what are supposed to developed in 11B? I think Jolex time is really coming.
The next episode is 11.12, so 11B hasn't really even started yet! I was looking over some of the sides, and a couple stood out to me. Calzona-GA tumblr is a great resource for sides, everything is well organized and easy to find (sides - GREY'S ANATOMY).

Spoiler:

Who know what any of this means for them as a couple, I just wish that there was more that pertained to Jo. What do you guys think?
Old 02-14-2015, 11:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm usually wrong about reading the sides, but

Spoiler:
Old 02-14-2015, 11:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Damn.

Spoiler:

Some come later in the season so anything could change.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Sorry, I thought you meant next episode for all of them.

Any of them could be for Alex, but definitely Gavin should be him.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:59 PM
Master Fan

Tftnt

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 02-14-2015, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Thanks for the new thread

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 02-14-2015, 04:18 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm very bothered by the lack of interest Shonda shows in Jolex too. I sometimes see her tweet about helping foster kids and I see that this is an important issue for her. Now she has two characters on her show with a foster kid past who happen to be in a relationship. You'd think that she would feel fond of them and try harder to give them good storylines that also touch their pasts and make them deal with the issues they still have. But so far they have only scratched Jo's past, mostly used it as comic relief, barely invested time in developing her character when this is already her third season and now aren't really developing her relationship with Alex either. I feel like them dealing with this "pause" thing during sex is such a good metaphor to describe their relationship at the moment. It seems like the writers paused them and aren't making them talk about anything that's remotely important at the moment. They could give them a small plot while concentrating on the big storylines of the other couples/characters but they don't even bother giving us a small Jolex storyline right now. Jo and Alex both seem like such background characters this season and that's what bothers me most. Alex is doing absolutely nothing important and well, Jo neither.

I think Sava is right though, the show is made for women and the male partners of the female characters are often used to support the females. It's just always clear that the focus is more on the females. But that's also one of the reasons I don't get why they give Jo nothing. She could be such an interesting character if she got the material she deserved. They keep hinting so many things but never follow through. Jolex is just not the writers' priority it seems but I wonder if they ever will be. And I agree, who knows how long the show will go on and if it ends before they focussed on Jolex for once and developed them I'll be very, very frustrated.

I think it's totally ok if they start to develop Amelia/Owen, Jolex got their first bonding moment in the 8th episode too and had two scenes before. But it does bother me a bit that they want to go there so fast when Cristina isn't even gone a full season yet. I thought for sure that Owen would either stay single first or have a rebound before him and Amelia would happen.

It is sad though that after Izzie left they barely even tried to give Alex a proper relationship for 3 seasons. And now that he is in one they don't try to give them interesting material. Shows me that Alex is really one of Shonda's least favorite characters. Otherwise she wouldn't keep using him to benefit other characters who she cares more about.

I don't even know about the sides anymore, whenever I think "oh this could be big for Jolex" like the patient case in episode 9 it ends up being big for other characters.
I really hope that the patient with the commitment issues will affect Jo in some way though. Please for once let this be about her. I'm worried that even if she'll be on a case with Amelia and Callie that the conversation will be between Callie and Amelia and Jo will be the bystander again because they happen to be in need of a resident in their OR. I mean even with the patient who was homeless it was Owen who had a heart-to-heart conversation with her in the end and not Jo. She just got upset upon seeing the patient's condition and talked to Alex about one of her insecurities later. I wish for once that Jo would give a patient good advice or just have a shining moment.

Last edited by xsweetgirlx91; 02-14-2015 at 05:17 PM
Old 02-15-2015, 08:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsweetgirlx91 (View Post)
I'm very bothered by the lack of interest Shonda shows in Jolex too. I sometimes see her tweet about helping foster kids and I see that this is an important issue for her. Now she has two characters on her show with a foster kid past who happen to be in a relationship. You'd think that she would feel fond of them and try harder to give them good storylines that also touch their pasts and make them deal with the issues they still have. But so far they have only scratched Jo's past, mostly used it as comic relief, barely invested time in developing her character when this is already her third season and now aren't really developing her relationship with Alex either. I feel like them dealing with this "pause" thing during sex is such a good metaphor to describe their relationship at the moment. It seems like the writers paused them and aren't making them talk about anything that's remotely important at the moment. They could give them a small plot while concentrating on the big storylines of the other couples/characters but they don't even bother giving us a small Jolex storyline right now. Jo and Alex both seem like such background characters this season and that's what bothers me most. Alex is doing absolutely nothing important and well, Jo neither.

I think Sava is right though, the show is made for women and the male partners of the female characters are often used to support the females. It's just always clear that the focus is more on the females. But that's also one of the reasons I don't get why they give Jo nothing. She could be such an interesting character if she got the material she deserved. They keep hinting so many things but never follow through. Jolex is just not the writers' priority it seems but I wonder if they ever will be. And I agree, who knows how long the show will go on and if it ends before they focussed on Jolex for once and developed them I'll be very, very frustrated.
I think that them fostering a kid or at least temporarily fostering a kid would be great. They both experienced it and they both would want to do a good job at it. The only thing is, I don't like how they do children on this show, so if they were to foster a kid, it would have to be something very temporary like a couple weeks (which isn't really fostering I guess), or it would have to be done near the end of the series. I wouldn't want to always wonder "Who is watching the kid, why is he/she constantly in daycare?" like I do with Sofia, Bailey and Zola. Maybe they could bond with a kid and work with foster care agency to find the right family or something. I would love to see that! We could see them together with a kid, but without all the mess that comes from having a kid on the show.

It's true that the show is so woman-focused now, but it wasn't always. George was practically a leading man during the first few seasons when the show was centered around the interns. I know I'm biased because Alex is my favorite, but as an original intern, I feel like he is more than just a male love interest and deserves the same amount and depth of storylines as Meredith, Cristina or Callie.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I know I'm biased because Alex is my favorite, but as an original intern, I feel like he is more than just a male love interest and deserves the same amount and depth of storylines as Meredith, Cristina or Callie.
Me too, but unfortunately and inexplicably Shonda doesn't feel like that. I'm sorry, but for me Alex comes first than Callie, just because he was there since day one and was one of the original intern. But no one knows why he has never been considered so. And this really upset me.

Quote:
I sometimes see her tweet about helping foster kids and I see that this is an important issue for her. Now she has two characters on her show with a foster kid past who happen to be in a relationship. You'd think that she would feel fond of them and try harder to give them good storylines that also touch their pasts and make them deal with the issues they still have.
This, absolutely this. I get really frustrated when I see Shonda's tweet about foster kids and then I think how she isn't using Alex and Jo for tell that kind of story. I mean is an important issue in the society and she is so concerned about that, so why she doesn't think would be good use Grey's for talking about this situation?
And I agree, should not be a permanent situation, right now it's not a baby what it takes for them, but just a momentary situation would be great. What matter is the story, because in that way they could deepen their past and show some really interesting things about them. God, what a great unused potential.

About the sides I would love look for something for them, but with the sides of last episodes I was too disappointed that I think I just stopped do that, lol. I mean I was really interested in that pediatric case in 11x09 and nothing, even now, with the sneak peek I really thought that what Meredith said about Jo could have been the spark for Jo vs Meredith, but nothing... I really hope that the patient with commitment issues can lead something to us, but I'm also prepared for remain disappointed.