Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2015, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree Alex is harldly used but this is what happen when the show is has too much of a cast just to fill up SL;s.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

It would be good if Alex would have been underutilized only in S11. Unfortunately he was underutilized in previous seasons too .

I loved some of Alex's scenes in S11 - friendship ones with Meredith and Arizona - and my biggest wishes for S12 is to see kick ass surgeon Alex and his friendships to be more two-sided.

Could I be added to the shippers list?
Old 06-22-2015, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^I added you.

I agree that this has been the worst season for Alex, at least in terms of screentime. He had no storyline whatsoever.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)
^I added you.

I agree that this has been the worst season for Alex, at least in terms of screentime. He had no storyline whatsoever.
I think shonda is more interested in the newbies.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:26 AM
Addicted Fan

Old 06-24-2015, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww gotta love justin tweet pics
Old 06-25-2015, 01:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Love him in that hat

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 06-26-2015, 11:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
^I added you.
Thank you !

Thank you all for the Justin's pics - it's always nice to see him!

Quote:
Quote:
I think shonda is more interested in the newbies.
It's clear she has her favorites and Alex is not one of her favorites. Because I can't see a better time than S11 to show Shonda's interest in Alex's character: he was an original and Meredith's new person.

I'm wondering about S12 if Alex's moving out of his current house won't translate in even less scenes for him. We never saw where he lived in S1, S2 and part of S3(when he moved in Mer's house) neither in S8 when he moved out with April and Jackson. The dogs barking and alarms going off that could be heard when Alex went to the loft, don't indicate a safe area. I get that him and Jo are capable to take care of themselves in such area, but I don't see Mer and the kids, April&Jackson(and I'd love to see more Alex&Jackson) or Stephanie visiting. So, the loft might be used only for Jolex scenes unless they miraculously move the loft into a safe neighborhood.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

alex never neen shonda favorite...Never

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 06-26-2015, 03:40 PM
Extreme Fan

It's not like Shonda has a lot of input in the show now.Derek death episode was the first one she wrote since Flight.It's just Alex character that was meant to be "just there" since the very beggining.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Shonda might not write episodes now, but I'm sure she is the one that dictates everything that happens story wise(and more) in the show. She is the boss.

I find it interesting that even Alex never was one of the favorite characters of the writers, he has so many fans. Could be that is Justin's great acting !
Old 06-28-2015, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I always felt like she didn't really like Alex since she was forced to write him in.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Could be that is the reason Alex is not Shonda's favorite. With the new doctor coming on board on S12, I don't expect things to improve for Alex considerably- I expect them to spend more time to introduce this new character. I'm curious to see how much they will spend on this male character compared with the new female characters in S11: Maggie and Amelia.

What would you like to see happening for Alex in S12 ? And what do you realistically expect to see in S12 ?
As I mentioned before, I'd love to see great surgeon Alex, balanced friendships with Mer and Arizona, uncle Alex, Alex's sister (maybe his mom and Aaron) and the Alex&Jackson friendship back. I'd also be interested to see a follow-up to Alex's shares in the hospital: do they bring him any profit, did he ever consider selleing them (I personally don't think he would ever consider selling them as they as they have sentimental value beeing a present from Cristina) etc ...

Realistically, the only things that I expect in S12 are: continue with the Merlex friendship - maybe more Alex with the kids and more Jolex than in S11.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)
Yeah, I always felt like she didn't really like Alex since she was forced to write him in.
Shonda generally lost interest in the core cast that's more of the case I think.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, she got a bit bored with the main cast but I feel like she still loves Bailey and Mer well she gives her crap but at least she gives her something.