Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2014, 02:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalaBridget (View Post)
I think Alex can do better than being a board member .
i hope too

09/11/01=NEVER FORGET RIP PAUL WALKER- CORY AND NAYA
Elodie"Aujourd'hui il va pleuvoir,mais demain le soleil brillera..."
Old 10-18-2014, 07:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msolost (View Post)
It really makes me feel like the writers don't put much thought into Alex's stories at all.
I agree that Alex has poor written story lines sometimes.
Another complaint I have is that they write Alex out of character sometimes: like him walking away on Lexie after the shooting, when she had the mental breakdown. Lexie saved his live, Lexie had family(so if anything happened with her wouldn't have been all on him) and Lexie was his friend and I won't ever believe that Alex would have walked away. I get that he didn't love her, but that seemed out of character for Alex.
The writers could definitely put more thought into Alex's stories: he is a great character and Justin is just brilliant playing him, but still he is underused in Grey's in my opinion .

As for the last episode was biter sweet. Alex got to be the Head of Peads - yeyyy
Mer didn't vote for Alex because Bailey will be a brilliant board member, but Arizona did it on purpose for selfish reasons. Arizona did kind of the same in S8 when she set up fellowship interviews for Alex only to no-name hospitals so he wouldn't be interested in going (she changed the tactic after Alex confronted her, but still).
Quote:
Arizona could handle the board seat and head of peds just fine too
Exactly.

Quote:
she wanted him to be fully invested in the Peds department. And Alex was OKAY with it?
Maybe Alex was not ok with it, but he didn't have much of a choice: he has no other job as of now and Arizona's vote wouldn't have changed the final outcome of the vote.

Quote:
Or maybe he realized he didn't want it as bad as he thought?
Alex seemed pissed off at the beginning of the episode in the elevator with Stephanie, he seemed pissed in the OR with Mer and also at the end of the episode with Arizona, so it didn't look like he realized he didn't want the seat as much.

Quote:
I think Alex can do better than being a board member .
Meaning being the Head of Peds?
Old 10-18-2014, 08:01 AM
Master Fan

I don't understand why it matters if Arizona voted against him due to selfish reasons or not. At least she believed in his competence when she figured out she needed his help. Meredith kind of wasted his time he needed to prepare, and still felt he was not good enough for the board. Meh.

I don't think they said he was head of peds. I think he is helping out Arizona more, but I never got the impression he was head. More like he was now an attending and was taking on a lot of Arizona's cases.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Arizona should have voted for the best candidate for the position, not to vote against one because she would have something to gain.
Alex is an attending, it was mentioned even last episode in the elevator scene with Stephanie. It is true that the Heads of Peads name wasn't clearly mentioned, but Arizona said: "Alex, I need you to be me!" and they talked about more money. So, that's what I supposed they talked about.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:39 AM
Master Fan

I think if he was the head of peds, they'd have clearly stated it.

Anyways, I think Arizona was a pity ploy for Alex fans. He got shut out unanimously so they figured Alex fans would be happy if they learned someone thought he was an asset. Otherwise what is the alternative...no one voted for him because they all felt Bailey was better? If Arizona wasn't used as a bargaining chip, which was wrong imo, then Alex would come out looking like a loser to the audience.

It didn't work though because a lot of people are kind of upset about Meredith's cruel way of delivering the blow to Alex and they felt Arizona manipulated him, despite the fact that he was never going to have been chosen if she voted for him.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:13 AM
Master Fan

alex has again NO SL and same for Jolex! as for the other seasons !! Except for the last 2 season they built Jolex relationship , now it's over! shame to the writers! Too many characters!!

Old 10-18-2014, 10:24 AM
Master Fan

I think it has been made obvious that they're getting sloppy with all of the couples post season 8. I really think none of the storylines have been adequately built up, for Alex or any other character. I think if we compare the romance on Shonda's two other shows to what occurs on GA, it's clear she gave up on the couples on this show.

However, what we have been witnessing with Alex's storyline this season is not even a consequence of a bloated cast. It's the consequence of showing too much, too soon for a new character many of us aren't even rooting for just yet. Not sure why Shonda felt she had to tell us right away that Maggie was Meredith's sister instead of building suspense and presenting the plotline over the course of season 11. I can only hope they chill out with that storyline at this point. Its too much.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I do wonder why isn't the issue of Alex sister being brought up.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalaBridget (View Post)
yeah I wonder how she's doing.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

And how is his other brother who showed in S6 is doing
Old 10-21-2014, 08:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I think if he was the head of peds, they'd have clearly stated it.
So, Alex got a bigger workload and a higher salary, which seem to be only temporary, up until Arizona figures out if/how to handle everything: maybe she will drop the fellowship, maybe she works out(or not) her marriage, etc... This is frustrating...

Quote:
Alex mentioned his sister while in the OR with Mer - maybe it's a hint that we'll see her this season. It would be interesting to see Alex's brotherly side with a sister. I would prefer to see her more in a domestic setting: coming to Seattle, maybe living with Alex for a few days than sick in the hospital as a patient, but anything will do.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

They should bring her back for Alex centric epp
Old 10-24-2014, 02:17 AM
Master Fan

When alex or jolex will have SL or centric eppy?? and what about Mer/Alex story? done too....

Last edited by ryanforever; 10-24-2014 at 02:24 AM
Old 10-24-2014, 02:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

So many Justin tweets!

Icon: Nikki
Old 10-24-2014, 02:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShepherds (View Post)
So many Justin tweets!
Yeah!!