The Reasons
1. B/c he didn't mind being Ava's "husband"
2. B/c he was the first father the baby knew
3. B/c they were playing house
4. B/c she was the first person he told about his exam scores
5. B/c he's her reason to stay
6. B/c he ran out of his friends wedding for her
7. B/c She will always be his "Ava"
8. B/c He gave her a name, and that name made her feel more like who she is than Rebecca.
9. B/c Because "You don't want me...you want Ava" - Addison
10. Because he's "in love with her" - Shonda Rhimes
11. B/c "We don't get unlimited chances to have the things we want...and this I know, I know nothing is worse than missing an opportunity that could have changed your life. And now matter what her name is...she'll always be Ava to you." - Addison to Alex
12. B/c Alex had the "courage to go back" - Shonda Rhimes
13. B/c She knows how to put him in his place and be honest!
14. B/c He told her his favorite pie "Banana Cream Pie"
15. B/c He can't stay mad at her for long.
16. B/c He's always finding a reason for her to stay in the hospital with him.
17. B/c He's one of the "good ones" as Ava told him.
18. B/c Ava turned Alex into a man we all could fall in love with
19. B/c He doesn't smile that way for anyone else but Ava.
20. B/c despite everything, they know they love each other.
21. B/c he fluffed her pillows
22. B/c he let her know first he passed the exams
23. B/c he wasn't ready to let her go
24. B/c he held her hand
25. B/c he took her outside for fresh air when he didn't have to...
26. B/c she makes him believe in love.
27. B/c he'd "pack it in" and settle down with her.
28. B/c it's "a good thing you're not by yourself." -Alex
29. B/c Alex actually considered finding a reason "medically" to get Ava to stay.
30. B/c when Izzie asked him about his "hot date" he ended up seeing Ava.
31. B/c Cristina said that he had a "pouty face" when he thought that Ava would be leaving with her "parents".
32. B/c he misses her.
33. B/c he drove "in the general direction" of her for 17 days.
34. B/c the on-call scene was the most romantic scene in Grey's history.
35. B/c he's "still hung up" on her
36. B/c he'll finally fight for her

Soundtrack
It's Not Over ~ Daughtry
Little Wonders ~ Rob Thomas
Back to You ~ John Mayer
Even Angels Fall ~ Jessica Riddle
You Found Me ~ Kelly Clarkson
Come Back Down ~ Lifehouse
Don't Forget About Us ~ Mariah Carey
Before It's Too Late ~ Goo Goo Dolls
On Top of the World ~ Boys Like Girls
Feels Like Falling ~ Jump5
Fools Gold ~ Katie Hezrig
Fools in Love ~ Inara Geroge
Perfect Girl ~ Sarah McLachlan
Hero/Heroine ~ Boys Like Girls
What About Now ~ Daughtry
Run ~ Snow Patrol

Quotes

Alex: I’m sorry. You asked me what I thought and I told you to go for it. I’m…I’m really sorry.

Ava: It’s not your fault.

Alex: No, see when I pulled you out of the water at that ferry, I talked to you like you were my sister and I shouldn’t have. I’m an intern. You have to get your medical advice from an attending.

Ava: I asked you because I trust you. Why don’t you sit and tell me a bedtime story or something.

*By: Elexi*

Alex: Let's meet the contenders. Let's see. This is, this is Maggie. Married a high school sweetheart and has two kids. Loves being a mom. Coaches her daughter's basketball team. And makes an insane banana cream pie. And this is Elizabeth. Graduated from Northwestern. Met her husband at a political rally where they got arrested and fell in love. She's all angry and fired up, but everyone forgives her cause she means well. This, one, this one is Ava. She's funny, she's tough and a little neurotic sometimes, but you get used to it. You can tell she's been through a lot in her life, but it only made her stronger, you know?

----

Ava: I was wondering if I’d see you again. Where you been?

Alex: [Paying more attention to his clipboard, which he’s writing in, than her] Just getting my assignments.

Ava: Yeah? Anything good? [Ignored.] So, what, we’re not friends anymore?

[She mentions Addison’s bet with Dr. Sloan. He asks how she knows so much.]

Ava: I’m on bed rest 5 feet from the nurse’s station and I have excellent hearing. I know everything! It’s like watching a soap.

----

Ava: So I guess we’re talking again.

Alex: [putting more pillows behind her] I can’t stay mad at you. I tried, but I failed.

----

Ava: I can’t do this by myself.

Alex: Good thing you’re not by yourself.

[He takes her hand]

----

Alex: A lot of people would kill to be in your place. Clean slate. So you don't remember, so what. You'll make new memories. [looks up at the night sky] Ooh wow. It's so beautiful.

Ava: [she looks a bit teary eyed] How...how can you be so...you're so good with me...What's wrong with you that you can't be this good with someone you have feelings for? What happened to you Alex?

Alex: Maybe...maybe I don't remember. So what?

----

Alex: The ferry crash was on the news. Your wife goes missing. How could you not go looking for her?

Jeff Pope: I thought she left me. We got into a fight that night. She tried to tell me how unhappy she was...I shot her down. Yeah I didn't see my wife when she went missing...but what's worse I didn't see her when she was there. I can't imagine what it must have been like for her. Her face must have looked like all broken.

Alex: She was beautiful.

*By: Abby2*

Ava: I have every reason to go. And, and, ye, yeah I’m scared and, yeah, this, this is moving at warp speed and, yeah, I’m freaking out. But Jeff is good. He’s the father of my child. The man is out buying a car seat right now. The minutes he gets back...I have every reason to go. Cause, medically, there’s no reason for me to stay. Medically.
[moves around the bed] Alex: Oh, yeah. Okay, then I’ll just check the chart.
Ava: Dammit.
Alex: What?
Ava: Are you..? Do I, do I have to spell everything out for you? Did you sniff too much glue as a child? I’m asking you something here.
Alex: What do you want from me?
[pause] Ava: I want…I want you to give me a reason to stay. A real reason. I mean, Jeff’s a decent guy, a good decent guy. But to him I’m Rebecca and I don’t know if I’m Rebecca anymore, I…You know me. You knew when I couldn’t speak who I was. You…you named me Ava and I was more me as Ava than I’ll ever be as Rebecca. Look I, I have every reason to go back to my life. And I will. Unless you…Alex, I’m asking you to give me a reason to stay here. A reason from you.
Alex: Jeff loves you. He’s a decent guy.
Ava: Alex, give me a reason.
[He saunters over to her, causing her glistening face to smile through the tears] Alex: I think you should stay with the decent guy.

----

Addison: You don't want me. You want Ava.

Alex: She's not Ava anymore. She's Rebecca and I may barey know her.

Addison: Look at me. Look at me. You suck. To me, you suck. I kind of hate you. Alex, we do not get unlimited chances to get the things we want. I know, nothing is worse than missing an opportunity that could’ve changed your life. No matter what her name is, she’ll always be Ava to you.

----

Fanfiction

FanFiction.Net - After The Storm

FanFiction.Net - Where Do We Go From Here?

FanFiction.Net - Another Chance

FanFiction.Net - We Did Have it All

FanFiction.Net - Reason for Us

----

Videos

YouTube - Apologize - Grey's

YouTube - Grey's Anatomy - Ava/Alex

YouTube - Alex & Ava Moments Episode 3.25

YouTube - Alex & Ava - See you as i do

YouTube - Greys Anatomy-One More

YouTube - Alex and Ava 405

YouTube - Alex and Rebecca - Breathe In, Breathe Out

Picture of the Moment

http://www.fanforum.com/f210/alex-av...ones-62798933/
http://www.fanforum.com/f210/alex-av...-her-62808382/
http://www.fanforum.com/f210/alex-av...-him-62818005/

Last edited by Maité; 09-01-2010 at 06:04 PM
Old 05-02-2008, 08:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

Great OP guys. I can't wait to see what's next for these two now that she's not pregnant.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:09 AM
Total Fan

I can't understand why she did say she's pregnant! I didn't ever hate her, though I'd prefer Alex with Addie or Lexie, but now... I want her to leave for good, seriously!

Old 05-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for the new thread.

We still don't know how this is going to develop. I don't want to think she's lying because that would destroy her character and she does not deserve to end that way.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:25 AM
Ultimate Fan

I'm thinking she thinks she is pregnant but maybe she's really sick.

But that's not nice thinking either. Either way it's not good.

| JOIN the mentalist| icon
Old 05-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

I don't think she was lying about being pregnant. If she was lying, I don't think she'd take the initiative to see Izzie for an ultrasound. She's been pregnant before, so she knows the symptons/signs of a pregnancy and that's probably what prompted her to see Alex and visit SG.

I think it's something bad like a tumor. I mean, like someone said in the last thread, Ava could be Alex's rock bottom...

"Alex give me a reason" ~Ava
Old 05-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

From greyswriters.com

Finally, there’s Alex. And Ava. Or Rebecca. Or whatever you want to call her… Here’s something you should know about this story – we debated a long long time as to whether or not we should reveal in this episode – or a few episodes down the line – that Rebecca isn’t actually pregnant. In fact, even at our table read for this episode, it ended with Izzie looking at lab results, and uttering a little “Oh my god” – but nothing else. And you should have heard the reaction – WHAT DO THE LAB RESULTS SAY?!?!? – which, ultimately, is part of why we decided to at least answer that part of the question in the same episode we introduce it.

This is a story about Alex. Not about an unwanted pregnancy. Not about some unborn baby. It’s about Alex and what he’s getting ready to go through emotionally. What he’s willing and not willing to do. This is about his journey through the rest of the season – so we didn’t want to tease you guys with some faux pregnancy story that ultimately just felt like a stunt. By letting you know now that Rebecca isn’t actually pregnant – then letting you watch Alex take his next few steps forward from this point on… Suddenly the entire arc has a much darker, more interesting underbelly. For instance – think about that last image of Alex reaching over and touching Rebecca’s belly… SO much more weird and creepy when you know what Alex doesn’t. It’s a moment that, for Alex, is filled with something tender and sweet and maybe even a little bit hopeful… only… for us, so not.

Grey's Anatomy: Grey Matter

They say something is about to happen. They're preparing him. But for what?
Old 05-02-2008, 01:21 PM
New Fan

so maybe this whole thing isn't going the way we would hope for between alex and ava, but I am just glad that alex is getting his own storyline that is separate from the rest of the grey's characters... its about time.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Ultimate Fan

So they are using Ava to prepare Alex for something else?

I don't get it. LOL.

There are Alex and Ava fans. And we want to see a growth in their relationship, but maybe Alex has to learn something before that can happen?

I'm really hoping there's a slight chance of Ava being able to come back. I love her. ER is amazing and her and JC have great chemistry. Those pictures are even bursting with chemistry.

I'd hate for this storyline to prepare Alex for something else, other than his and Ava's relationship.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

I don't think Ava is lying about the pregnancy. I think she truly believes she is but the symptoms she's been having will end up being something else. It wouldn't make sense for her to go to the clinic to get something for the morning sickness if she were faking it.

Quote:
For instance – think about that last image of Alex reaching over and touching Rebecca’s belly… SO much more weird and creepy when you know what Alex doesn’t.
I thought that was such a beautiful and touching moment when he did that. But at the same time it kinda hurt to know that he's going to be devastated when he finds out he really isn't going to be a dad.

This line has me intrigued:
Quote:
It’s about Alex and what he’s getting ready to go through emotionally. What he’s willing and not willing to do.
They're making it sound really depressing. I get that he's going to be upset about the non-pregnancy but it sounds like there will be a lot more bad to it.

Quote:
I'd hate for this storyline to prepare Alex for something else, other than his and Ava's relationship.
I think before Alex can have a REAL relationship with someone he has to get over his issues that come from his past like seeing himself as a bad guy and not deserving to be loved. I thought that was supposed to be what Ava returning this season was all about but it hasn't really been about that and now with the non-pregnancy I really don't get what they're trying to do. I did find last night's episode really interesting though and can't wait to see how it all plays out.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:02 AM
Ultimate Fan

Well now that you say that, I think Ava returning at first showed how Alex does want to be with her, but he obviously handled it all wrong. Jumping in bed with her before they talked, not coming back again. And the second time he just went off on her. So I think it showed how he wants to be in a relationship but he doesn't know how to handle it. I think it showed with Lexie too. Though I never really liked them anyways. LOL.

He can't say the right things. He always says the wrong things. Always hopes for the worst. But I think his patient showed him that things can go right and there is always hope. Which is why I think the last scene is so heart breaking. That he finally has come to some what of term with the fact that he is going to be a father, but we know there is no baby. It's a very bitter bitter sweet moment. And in the end it's going to be heartache for the both of them.

I also believe Ava thinks she's pregnant but it might be something much worse.

Old 05-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Supreme Fan

Well first i'd like to say that Thursdays night ep was freakin awesome!! & now on to my idea about Alex & Ava, my step mom absolulty hates them together & now that this whole pregnancy thing, my step mom thinks its a way for Ava to get Alex, & I disagree with her because I really don't think that the writers would do that to us fans, & I don't think that Ava is that type of person, plus like some of you guys said she did get Izzie... But than again when the intern said that she couldn't get anything off the ultrasound Ava made a point that it was just the morning sickness, so I don't know I'm sort of on the line with hopeing its not a game shes playing & maybe she's just sick like some of you guys said.

But I'm actually eager to see this for Alex, cause we never really get to see the softer side of him & I'm really looking foward to like possibly seeing him hit rock bottom & coming back from it sort of like Izzie did... but of course I don't want Ava to die. But if it is true & she really is not coming back after this season than it is a thought.
Where you are going will be better
Old 05-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Ultimate Fan

I think she thinks she's pregnant.

I don't think she's playing games otherwise she would have refused the blood test. She knows that a blood test would prove she's not pregnant. So she must think she is but maybe it's something else.

I don't want her to die though. I hope he doesn't hit rock bottom by Ava passing.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

Wow, everyone has brought up some really good points.

I, as well, believe that Ava thinks she's pregnant. But seeing as we know it not to be true, I'm slightly frightened to know what's really going to happen.

I think I'm more worried about Alex because, it seems that with Ava, he's really becoming a human being and he's slowly understanding the fundamentals of being in a relationship, of how to handle people. Like Kai Abercrombie said, Alex makes the wrong choices with everyone else.

Yet Ava, as we've discussed before, doesn't really take Alex's crap. She's screamed at him, she's called him out...she's not really afraid to get in his face, making them sparing partners.

She's almost a lot like him in the get-in-your-face-call-you-out sort of way.

Which is why it'll be very devastating -- not only to him but to us as well -- if she does come out with some life-threatening ailment and he isn't able to save her.

I would hate for us to have to see Alex appear from the OR, blue scrubs still on, expression completely stoic and blank, the white mask bouncing around his neck as he casually saunters down the hall. The other doctors would spill around him, Izzie maybe calling his name, concerned, but he would still walk. On and on. Until he reaches an empty and dark call room, where he slips in and stands in silence for a moment, lock slung shut.

Outside the room he's Alex the Doctor, but inside, inside, he's Alex the Human, breakable. In one heart-breaking moment, he'd grab his head, face scrunched in pain, and he'd break down, stumbling backward into the wall. He'd slide down, still holding his head, cheeks now wet, no sound for the audience but the slow, melancholy music playing over the scene. Once he was able to save her, bring her back to life, give her something new and passionate, only to be unable to save her now in one moment of desperation.

The camera would fade to black, the show's title appearing from the depths like a white ghost.

(Don't know where that came from, but it'd be a sad ending to that story)
Old 05-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Supreme Fan

Wow Jenny that was really sad & it can so happen, if thats how i goes than I want to get lottery numbers from you

I just had a thought that if she thinks she's pregnant because she's throwing up it could be something else like you guys said a lot more serious the just morning sickness... Oh man I'm nervous to see what happens next.
Where you are going will be better