Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Supreme Fan

I love how everyone is just saying what this episode did for them and to them....

I just got to watch the episode and I'm still crying.

I thought Arizona was gone, but I think seeing the condition she was in was just a little worse then if she were gone.

Meredith is very-very-very-very messed up. It will reveal itself soon enough though.
And Christina needs to come back. Now. She doesn't belong in that hospital.

We need the Nazi back just a little bit.

And finally.......

Mark was an excellent character and the tribute only made it worse for me. In this show and like so many others you grow with these characters and they become family... we were all there in that room with Callie and Derek, and it'll be a moment in this series that won't be forgotten.
Where you are going will be better
Old 09-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Elite Fan

Amazing premiere episode. A-Mazing! I'll gloss over the haters. Just wanted to say I'm very pleased with how they chose to off Mark Sloane. They gave him quite a proper exit. And this season is ripe with... possibility. I'm excited for next week's episode - Holy hell, does that look intense!
Old 09-29-2012, 02:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Overall the epi was very very well done, if I ignore the Mer/Cris crap fest, i would actually sit and applaud the writer.

My bromance heart experienced all kinds of shudders last night. it was down right hard to see McSteamy die like that, the same McSteamy who slept with Addison and paved the way for Derek to come to Seattle and be the guy in the bar who met his girl in the bar so long ago <3...the same McSteamy who came to Seattle not coz of Addison not coz he wanted to be chief but oz of Derek, he came to Seattle to get Derek back...that same McSteamy who formed a bond with Mer over the fact that they were both dirty ex mistresses....that same McSteamy who was hiding like a lil boy with the look of having roasted Derek's fvt frog in the microwave when Momma Shep came.....that same McSteamy who had a fist fight with McDreamy rght in the middle of the hospital....that same McSteamy who was Derek's brother in he middle of his four very loud very oisy sisters...that same McSteamy....he is gone...and its way too incredible and huge a thing to digest....I am just glad they did it right...they might have screwed the ending big time by showing Mer drinking in a bar with her friends instead of being home with Derek and Zola...BUT they did this right, they gave a beautiful tribute to McSteamy, who was an integral part of too many people's lives and none of their lives would be same without them...It was hard watching Derek loose his brother, his better half as Mark used o call himself....but i am so so glad that they showed it properly, unlike Lexie where Mer couldn't even get a chance to say goodbye.

It was beautifully done and I am still kind of wrapped up in that moment

And we saw the birth of a new friendship, Derek & Callie, omg i am so so looking forward to this. Patrick and Sara were AMAZING in all of their scenes. I hope we get much more of them in future.

And Mer Mer Mer...I was sad and disappointed, yes I was, but I get her, she didn't "choose" Cristina here over Derek, she saw his pain. his pain triggered her panic, but she knew she wouldn't be of any help, its said u can help others only and only when u first r able to help your own self, she couldn't have helped him. in fact she feared she might make it worse. because both of them have different mechanisms to deal with grief, Derek is breaking down right away, while Mer is avoiding it, escaping it, no way could she have been of any help here, and lets give her credit that she realized that and let Derek have his moment, yes we all wanted her to be with him in the moment, but wouldn't it be worse if she was there and yet she was not able to feel its magnitude because she was so cold inside? She felt the gravity of it all, it hit her exactly when she saw Derek begin to crumble, thats the reason why she bolted, good or bad it was her way to cope, i her own way she was there for Derek, her this very act of running, of accepting she might not be of any help here was her way of being there for him and showing him respect...coz if she couldn't be there then she had no business staying there, that would have bene unfair on him on Mark and on what Mark and Derek shared...there could have been no pretense and thats why she left....I just hope from here on things evolve and somehow magically MerDer come closer....

Another moment where I choked was when Cristina looks at the watch and says "Its 5 00 at Seattle" OMG Sandra take a bow, just in one moment, just with one sentence u showed how much Cris cared abt what was abt to happen or actually happening in that moment in Seattle Damn nicely done!

Last edited by FollowYourHeart; 09-29-2012 at 02:32 AM
Old 09-29-2012, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Very looking forward to see Meredith breaking down (it's coming) and deal with everything.

Icon: Nikki
Old 09-29-2012, 07:04 AM
New Fan

I joined this forum to say how deeply disappointed I was to see Lexie killed off.
Mark Sloan was bad enough, but Lexie too .... why oh why?
Old 09-29-2012, 09:59 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerDer_Addict (View Post)
Very looking forward to see Meredith breaking down (it's coming) and deal with everything.
Yeah, me either. Though it'll be hard to watch. I'm gonna buy more tissues for that episode.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hadn't given much thought to Mer leaving Derek alone, but I agree it was wrong, she could have gone seen Cristina any other day. And when she couldn't she should have gone straight back home to her husband. Like someone pointed out I hope Mer puts Derek first before Cristina sometime. Like in the finale when she was cuddling and sharing gum with Cristina and Derek was sleeping alone. I know Mer/Cris is like the "central" relationship of the show but it annoys me.

Quote:
Her reaction is perfectly normal, but a part of me wants her to realize that two people just died, and that she's alive and able to see her daughter grow up.
I agree with this. It's completely normal to de depressed and bitter, but 2 people died and Callie and Sofia need her. I think it's been 3 months? It's about time she comes around a little specially if Callie is begging her she needs to snap out of it just a bit.

Quote:
We need the Nazi back just a little bit.
THIS. Bailey is becoming a joke.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)
I hadn't given much thought to Mer leaving Derek alone, but I agree it was wrong, she could have gone seen Cristina any other day. And when she couldn't she should have gone straight back home to her husband. Like someone pointed out I hope Mer puts Derek first before Cristina sometime. I know Mer/Cris is like the "central" relationship of the show but it annoys me.
I agree. That surprised me, too. I mean, i know it´s tough, believe ME! it is hard to watch Mark die, i hoped Mer would open the door when the camera showed Derek all sad with Zola at home but the next thing is Mer at the bar with Alex and Cristina. felt weird.
I wanted her next to Derek, too. I bet he needed her there
friendswithbenefits
Old 09-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
THIS. Bailey is becoming a joke.
Shonda went way over the top with Bailey. The character was like a comic relief filler in the SP
Old 09-30-2012, 12:13 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMallie (View Post)
I agree. That surprised me, too. I mean, i know it´s tough, believe ME! it is hard to watch Mark die, i hoped Mer would open the door when the camera showed Derek all sad with Zola at home but the next thing is Mer at the bar with Alex and Cristina. felt weird.
I wanted her next to Derek, too. I bet he needed her there
I actually never thought about when they showed Derek and Zola were alone. I wonder if he is gonna be mad at her again? He must have felt sooo alone.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think he'll be upset. I mean yes I would have liked if Meredith was there for Derek and also for Mark since I did love the 'Dirty Mistresses' but I don't think she could handle watching another death at that moment. Maybe handle isn't the right word...more like she just didn't want to go through it.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)

Last edited by naturellebella; 09-30-2012 at 02:32 PM Reason: Apparently I forget words at almost 6 am in the morning
Old 09-30-2012, 01:15 PM
New Fan

Im still in denial about McSteamy! I'm usually spoiler free, but read something about Eric Dane being signed up till episode 3 or something like that, and mistakenly believed, he would leave Seattle, alive...
OUCH!

Lexie-pedia and now Mark...

*bawling at the top of her lungs*

But I agree, the feel was different than a GA season premier.. Not saying bad, it was actually nice, but different...

Poor Callie, she is dealing with so much..and all alone, since Arizona is off in her own deep dark place...

I'm hating Meredith's nickname..eww!!
The Nazi went down so well, coz bailey looked anything but a nazi.. Meredith and medusa...na, just not hitting the right note..

I may be amongst the few, who actually like April, for all her annoying quirks.. so I was more than happy with her coming back..

JJ, um..new hair..no,no for me!

Mark Sloane....you shall be deeply deeply missed!

I think after Denny, this is the hardest GA death for me..

*goes back to comfort eating*
Old 09-30-2012, 09:02 PM
New Fan

This sucks. I lost two of my favorite characters. They better call in good subs.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

nobody likes happy bailey? i thought she was cute. and it's a relief to not see her cry every ep. like izzie used to do. *shudder*
Old 10-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

I like happy Bailey! Did I want to see her having sex a lot? No, but it is what it is, and I liked the whole BCB thing.

Tori