Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Charmed
Patrick Dempsey

Okei then we can hold .off discussing it til after the eppy.

derek shepherd | charmed | borrowed heaven | 💚 𝓳𝒶𝒿𝑒
Old 09-27-2012, 04:56 PM
New Fan

season premier and i have class. duh.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

the premiere, so far, is flawless! it's like a whole new show! and meredith in her dark blue scrubs?!!!! I DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2012, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok I can wait , to much going on to post anyway .
Old 09-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I actually really liked the SP. They were trying to be a bit creative with the way they opened and they actually had a focus on the characters so that wasn't messy to watch. I really thought they did Mark justice so heartbreaking
Lexie was hardly mentioned since the main focus was Mark so maybe in the upcoming epps.
I thought the whole Arizona thing was handled really well. I'm not the biggest CA fan but JCa really killed the scene at the end looking forward seeing her shine in her own SL and I think it was a big decision with the writers.
Derek not being able to operate seemed like Bruke 2.0 but I guess recycling helps the environment
Overall B
Old 09-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

McSteamy he's been such a big part of the show since S2, it's gonna be weird that he's not there. I say the same about Lexie but right now I'm in the initial WHY MARK WHY phase. McSteamy and Mark Sloan is trending BTW.

Wow, I wasn't expecting the Arizona leg thing. I definitely didn't think she was dead but for some reason I didn't think full on leg amputation. Wow. Like, it reminds me of how she came into the show on wheelie skates and now she's missing a leg.

Other standouts was the Meredith and Alex scenes - I always prefer Alex in the company of Meredith. I like the scene where Mark was like w/o question the girl he would be dancing with at his granddaughter's wedding would be Lexie . Cristina is hanging w/ Mr. Feeny

Wasn't really into Owen feeling like he has to get April back, not that into her. Or Derek's having hand problems - like Wala said it's Burke 2.0 except at least he's not covering it up for episodes and episodes. It makes sense though that his hand is not the same after what happened to it in the finale.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 09-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I like the scene where Mark was like w/o question the girl he would be dancing with in the future would be Lexie
The only part I liked. .... Sadly I didn't cry when Mark Flatlined because the real mark sloan for me died seasons ago.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

loved the premiere. didn't think they'd actually manage to make the show seem like something else... or even good, but they did. cause these last few seasons were not working for me. at all. all the new energy doesn't seemed forced though. i was kind of appalled that meredith and derek didn't get one decent scene out of the whole ep tbh. i mean, mark died and... nada?

anyway, mark's death was beautiful. i probably shouldn't say that, yet i can't help but like the way it was handled. and it could have been worse. he could have been ignored altogether. cristina and april win for best outfits! wow. they went all out w/ those two. the dark blue scrubs though! holy?! wasn't really digging all the burke references. i mean, he picked george to do the failed appy, he had a bum hand after being shot, etc. either bring burke back are shut up already.

arizona minus a leg... really has no standing, lol, compared to mark dying. gurl, get a prosthetic limb and keep it moving. i loved that jackson was so torn up over losing mark. i waited for a long time for mark to become a mentor-- glad he got to before biting the dust. but oh, OH! booty call bailey?! meredith's name is lame. couldn't they try harder? then there was alex. alex is a ****! dear lawd. please let there be another syph outbreak! owen defending meredith was, like, i still don't like him. never will. even if he reunites jackson and april! HOLLAH! no.

lastly, meredith and alex. in a bar. with cristina on an ipad? old times die hard! we really need joe's though.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas forever (View Post)
arizona minus a leg... really has no standing
I was just waiting for the puns.

I actually really liked the episode. A lot of people are complaining about the time jump but what I cared to learn post-crash was who survived and who didn't, and we got that. Now we can go back and explore the nitty-gritty details.

I was wondering if Derek's hand would permanently keep him from surgery, and then Meredith would go back into neuro under his guidance? Maybe.

I knew Mark was dying, and so I wasn't really devastated but I did get a bit choked up during the goodbye scene... actually, mostly when Jackson was tearing up and saying his goodbyes. Their bromance was just properly lifting off. :<

And damn, poor Arizona. That's super rough. I feel terrible for Callie but Arizona's not going to just get through something like that easily, especially since it happened in such a traumatic way.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopyfrood (View Post)
I was just waiting for the puns.
you can forever skip over my posts then. thanks.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

since i had not watched or paid attention to news on the season premier , i was sad about mark. Yes i knew he was leaving the show hoped he would do a Izzy walk away .

Arizona it had e thinking all episode she was dead , I credit Shondra for the shock, I figure when she was in bed it was major depression .to see the missing limb was a OMG moment.

Then there is Meredith , I didn't think about the crash and repercussions until she was on the plane and freaked out. Little bit of reality was stopped the fact she kinda shoved and refused to listen to attendant. That would get her arrested for inferring with a flight crew .

The min we saw Yang in frozen Minnesota and with former TV Dr William Daniels (St elsewhere A 80's Hospital Drama) she will be back. She also with the fear of getting on a plane. question i ask is did she take a train bus to Minnesota . nice to see Face time with her and Mer.

I also was bit upset that only a passing mention of Lexie.

Why oh why do we have to have every season more interns , i have enjoyed this series for many years, my only complaint is the cast is big enough, adding more is too much , i understand that is how the show has always been. I loved the those who were interns now dr's watching them grow do well as Dr's . I assume most of the newbies will not be there in say 3 weeks.

I had totally forgotten about April , surprised to see owen going to see her not Yang ,funny to see her with a big pig , of all farm animals she has to be with a giant pig

look forward to next week to catch up on aftermath of the rescue
Old 09-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the episode but it didn't quite feel like Grey's. It was like a different style.

All the Mark videos wasn't very Grey's, but I think it was the only departure from the show that I think they actually did justice to. But couldn't they have made Sofia visit him before they unplugged him? Of course he's never gonna get it fair with her, even in his last moments.

I didn't quite buy Mer as "Medusa". I liked the Mer/Alex scene, it was maybe the most realistic in the episode but I think Alex could have used more convincing to stay. Owen getting April was nice, but again that scene didn't feel quite like Grey's either

I just wanna say I called it about Arizona. I said we wouldn't know until the end of the episode I know I'm mean by gloating about that but oh well...I liked the Callie/Alex and Callie/Derek scenes. Callie was likeable this episode, I feel like she hadn't been as likeable as earlier seasons during the past 2 seasons.

Next week looks good. It's sad that Mark was conscious
Old 09-28-2012, 02:12 AM
Extreme Fan

^ Curious about the different style. Hm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas forever (View Post)
the premiere, so far, is flawless! it's like a whole new show! and meredith in her dark blue scrubs?!!!! I DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really?

I'm just sad that Lexie died. And then McSteamy! Gasp. Why not the others? Hmp.
→Ash
icon

Last edited by sashey; 09-28-2012 at 02:13 AM Reason: added smth
Old 09-28-2012, 02:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

I enjoyed the premiere. Meredith has become cold and hard at work, her whole life has been turned upside down with the death of her sister, her best friend moving away and her husband's career up in the air. Not to mention she was supposed to start at a new hospital and that's all fallen through.

They handled Mark's death really well imo. I wasn't expecting him to die after the tweet spoiler photos. I'm glad that he doesn't have to go on without Lexie though, that would have been difficult. That last video scene with Mark, Callie, Arizona and Sophia was heartbreaking, things will never be the same again for any of them.

Christina's hospital is a nightmare She'll be begging to come back to Seattle Grace.

Alex was his usually jerky self, but loved that he couldn't leave and made up with Meredith. She's really the only one that's ever been his friend.

Derek's storyline was probably what we all expected would happen. It will take a bit of time for him to heal, if he even heals completely at all.

Now to Arizona. I remember reading someone's theory that she would have her leg amputated, so I wasn't shocked by it. Good move by the writers though, will be interesting to see how Arizona copes now.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:40 AM
Master Fan

Just dropping by to say that I am heartbroken! And that this show is flawless!