Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-09-2017, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

13.15: "Civil War" - Air date March 9th, 2017

Last edited by That's My Girl; 03-12-2017 at 05:39 AM
Old 03-12-2017, 03:51 AM
Master Fan

This should be pinned above. Because nobody sees there is a new thread/episode.

I liked it. Every couple I like had a scene or two. I love the idea of Merthan. So I was glad that Nathan finally talked up openly. I hope Meredith won't let him wait too long with an answer.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry, I just got here and didn't have time before to stick it, done
Old 03-12-2017, 08:28 AM
Extreme Fan

A rather dull episode. On top of that, what grown woman moves out and hides from her own husband and refuses to discuss and resolve problems? Why did Amelia even marry Owen if she's unable to handle the business of being a wife? I am so through with her - and Owen too for that matter. He keeps passing up women obviously more compatible with him and marrying these baggage-heavy drama queens.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:57 AM
Master Fan

I agree. The episode was just bad. I don't have anything else to say. Nothing about it was good.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

The way Alex and Nathan were fighting in front of the parents was unnerving and childish. It's not a competition who the best surgeon is.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:09 AM
Master Fan

It was honestly so childish. I thought Alex came across as arrogant and did not show gratitude at being accepted back at work after nearly ruining a colleague's career.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
It was honestly so childish. I thought Alex came across as arrogant and did not show gratitude at being accepted back at work after nearly ruining a colleague's career.
Personally I think it would have been better with Alex's approach. Why open up the child to a life long chance of rejection, and likely another heart operation down the line once the child gets older when you can patch up the problem, especially with the child in good condition at the present time.

They got lucky that a child heart came available, but if you have another route to helping the child than you're preventing a even sicker child from the help.

I think in this case, Alex was acting like a doctor. Nathan was acting how he felt. The fight was about two doctor's thinking they were right.

Alex needs to act how he feels is right for the patient. Just because he's newly back, doesn't mean he has to agree on anything if he doesn't feel like it fits the need of the patient...

Of course it was just a way to fit it in the whole episode of everyone fighting... Just one more fight.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 03-15-2017, 09:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hate how Amelia is handling everything.

Not the least bit interested in Meredith and Nathan, especially the way she hasn't clued Maggie in.

I love Richard but this whole fight against Menick (or however you spell her name) is getting to be much.

Jackson is clearly feeling some type of way after his conversation with his mother.

Alex is immature but I don't like that Deluca either if someone has to keep saying, "I'm a nice guy" they aren't all that. He clearly has feelings for Jo and it's so boring.

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Old 03-15-2017, 06:46 PM
Master Fan

I agree that Deluca is acting like a nice guy which is unpleasant. He acts entitled because be thinks he is nice.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Deluca is acting like he normally is. A nice guy. He's obviously smitten with Jo, miffed that she still pines for Alex, despite actually not going back to Alex. He was the victim, and seemed to get the short shift. The hospital seem mostly in Alex corner, if not officially given some of their positions, but officially...

So he had to deal with a lot. Especially now that Alex is back at the hospital. He was pushed in two different directions. Between Riggs and Alex. I don't blame him for not knowing what to do and ultimately doing what he did. I don't necessarily think a heart transplant was the right call, but it helped in the end, they all got lucky.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 03-16-2017, 05:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
I think Deluca is acting like he normally is. A nice guy. He's obviously smitten with Jo, miffed that she still pines for Alex, despite actually not going back to Alex. He was the victim, and seemed to get the short shift. The hospital seem mostly in Alex corner, if not officially given some of their positions, but officially...

So he had to deal with a lot. Especially now that Alex is back at the hospital. He was pushed in two different directions. Between Riggs and Alex. I don't blame him for not knowing what to do and ultimately doing what he did. I don't necessarily think a heart transplant was the right call, but it helped in the end, they all got lucky.
I put most of the blame on Riggs in this episode, even if he and Alex were both behaving poorly. Riggs is the one that put DeLuca in the position to have to go behind Alex's back and to keep that fact from him. This would be a bad enough position to put an intern in, but knowing the history between DeLuca and Alex, I think that it was really unfair and insensitive.

I like DeLuca, and I think that he is a nice guy, but I have had issues with him at least once in terms of his "nice guy" relationship with Jo. The time that comes to mind is when he saw her talking to Alex (about a case) and then gave her the cold shoulder about it. That didn't sit well with me, and I hope nothing like that happens again. I realize that he was just looking out for Jo, and that he has every reason to think that Alex is a violent jerk, but Jo is an adult who can talk to anyone she wants and she doesn't need DeLuca's permission to do so, no matter what his relationship is with her or what her relationship is with Alex. That was really the only time that struck me as "George O'Malley" type of nice guy and I just don't have a lot of patience for that.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Boring episode was boring, nothing memorable about it to me at all I could barely pay attention, oops.