Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2017, 05:58 PM
Extreme Fan

I was talking about Arizona not being able to be an interesting character on her own, not about storylines.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

i would watch it with the "old" comments, you guys have already been warned about that...

Quote:
I have to suspend my disbelief that a middle aged woman in her 40s with 3 children is considered desirable to a doctor who is unmarried and without children.
I'm sorry but why does a 40 year old women with children considered to be non desirable to you?

Some people don't mind dating someone that has children. My best friend has a child and is not married, so does that mean she shouldnt ever persue single men wth no kids? I'm sorry but thats such crap! Should Meredith just dry up and die because shes a widow? What are you even saying?
Old 02-24-2017, 06:30 AM
Master Fan

I'm not saying she shouldn't try, I'm saying it's unrealistic that a man would chase after a woman with three kids and past the age where it's safe to have more, should he wish to have a family of his own.

Like realistically I can't see why any Nathan would be interested in her unless he doesn't want kids.

We were warned not to comment on someone's age? I referenced her age to make a point about potential relationships. Bailey and Ben have the same problem. If he wants his own kids down the road it won't happen
Old 02-24-2017, 07:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I'd rather an Arizona romance than be subjective to another Meredith romance where I have to suspend my disbelief that a middle aged woman in her 40s with 3 children is considered desirable to a doctor who is unmarried and without children.

Alex failed to show remorse because he did not have any, and that is why he does not make any sense that he got his job back so fast. Speaking of, he showed absolutely no loyalty towards Meredith when he went to take his old job back, and he is supposed to be her person. That's probably why they deliberately did not show him last episode because if he was seen sitting with the crowd discussing Minnick, he would appear like a sell out after Meredith spent all season going to bat for him. Yet people are focusing on how April took her job, when she isn't even friends with Meredith and thus owes her nothing.
Considering the fact that Alex just got his job back, and just had felony charges dropped against him, I don't blame him for putting his head down and getting back to work. That's not disloyalty, IMO, its common sense.

And let's be honest. This is Meredith, there is no way that she wasn't going to get begged back to work. She owns the hospital and is the sun. She doesn't need Alex of all people to go to bat for her. Although he has done so many, many times.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Bailey and Ben have the same problem. If he wants his own kids down the road it won't happen
Yes, but when they met and decided to get married he knew about it and accepted it. They can still adopt a child. But I doubt it's something both would want. Bailey is too busy with her job and probably happy that Tuck is a teenager and not a baby anymore.
Old 02-25-2017, 02:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I'm not saying she shouldn't try, I'm saying it's unrealistic that a man would chase after a woman with three kids and past the age where it's safe to have more, should he wish to have a family of his own.

Like realistically I can't see why any Nathan would be interested in her unless he doesn't want kids.

We were warned not to comment on someone's age? I referenced her age to make a point about potential relationships. Bailey and Ben have the same problem. If he wants his own kids down the road it won't happen
Nathan knows that Meredith has 3 children and he does not care that he is in love with her. He apparently likes children very much and also wanted some with Megan. I would not be surprised if somebody wanted to have a child of his own? Would Meredith be ready to get pregnant again, if she can, what I already suspect, as she is only 38 years old. And she is born 2 children, so she has no hostile uterus.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

how do we know that nathan wants kids?

Quote:
and why would he want to date her? shes smart and beautiful?

and my mom had a kid at 44.... so she can still have a child if she wants.

and you guys know full well you are criticizing her age in a negative way and calling her ugly.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:00 PM
May We Meet

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

Quote:
I have to suspend my disbelief that a middle aged woman in her 40s with 3 children is considered desirable to a doctor who is unmarried and without children.

Alexa, I agree so much with everything you posted in response to this.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
"I SEE YOU."
ICON BY ALEXA
Old 03-11-2017, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
how do we know that nathan wants kids?

and why would he want to date her? shes smart and beautiful?

and my mom had a kid at 44.... so she can still have a child if she wants.

and you guys know full well you are criticizing her age in a negative way and calling her ugly.
I mean it just seems like Mary sue syndrome whenever I watch men fawn all over her when she is not the most attractive woman on the cast, IMO. By that I mean, she gets called hot and gorgeous because she is the lead female of the cast. But in real life it might be another woman who gets noticed before she does.

This is not even my calling her unattractive. This is just me saying his attraction to her has not been well explained or well developed. They had sex a few times and suddenly he became obsessed when she isn't really that nice for him to be drawn in by her personality. So then what is that the audience is supposed to buy about his attraction to her? I guess my being blunt is perceived as being abrasive? I am just genuinely honest and cannot lie about what I see as a contrivance onscreen.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:02 PM
May We Meet

Moderator of ...
Bob Morley

I think it's the insinuation that being middle-aged and having kids makes a woman less attractive or less desirable that rubs some people, myself included, the wrong way.

BOB THE 100 ROSWELL
"I SEE YOU."
ICON BY ALEXA
Old 03-12-2017, 02:08 PM
Master Fan

I think it is actually true, even if it isn't right. I have friends who are about 29, but they are single mothers and they find it hard to find men who are willing to step in and be someone else's father.

Meredith has three young children so it would be a big responsibility for Nathan to be with her because it means accepting the children too. It also has implications in regards to whether or not he wants to have his own. Why would she want to have a fourth child when she is a doctor and already has so many?
Old 03-20-2017, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

You are just so insulting and the sad thing is that you dont even realize it and/or don't care. I just cant anymore.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:01 AM
Extreme Fan

LMAO. He is the better looking one in their couple. It's just the way it is.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:11 AM
Moderator Support Team

Please be respectful to each other Please try to respect each other's opinion and don't 'attack' each other.

I think in the current days age doesn't matter at all anymore in love matters. I know people who are dating older people and are happy.
Karen