Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2017, 06:40 AM
Master Fan

Why does Alex deserve more? He was shoved down our throat the entire season and got away with nearly committing manslaughter. He can have a few seats until people forget that he got away with murder.

Maggie came across like a sad brat and got owned. She's feeling sorry for Richard because he is her father. She was not there long enough to know how he impacted the program, or how it failed under his watch. Actually she is the last person who should get involved in the dispute since she has no real stake-hold, given that she is quite new to the program. Even newer than the current residents. She has no real reason to assume she has equal claim in the dispute as even Jackson or April who completed their residency there. She came across like a 12 year old in front of the fat lady getting her cancer taken out.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:20 AM
Extreme Fan

Alex deserved to be fired. The only reason he wasn't is because he is Meredith and other owners friend. Another privileged character. Ironic, considering that they have that little anti Trump moment in that episode in cafeteria and he mostly loved by privileged people.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:37 PM
My specialty is Ice

I dont think he's been shoved down our throat at all, he's barely gotten any focus? The storyline has had very little development actually.

Everything you said about Maggie being a brat is how I've felt about April since she came onto the show.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I dont think he's been shoved down our throat at all, he's barely gotten any focus? The storyline has had very little development actually.
It's not him, it's the storyline itself. It affects so many other characters. And I agree, this should come to an end now. Alex is back in the hospital. He can go on with his life.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:05 AM
Extreme Fan

April was annoying, not a brat. She was meant to replace George as insecure character who will overcome her fears. It took he like 7 seasons, but she is finally there.
Maggie is privileged sister of someone who is in charge of hospital and a daughter of ex-chied and highly respected Richard.
April was fired twice and highly disrespected by tons of people. LMAO.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:07 AM
Master Fan

Alex hijacked a story that was meant to be for Jo. Somehow a domestic violence story became a story about Alex nearly committing manslaughter, so that Meredith could be his night and shining armour and interject into a story that was never her business. Somehow they both managed to overshadow Jo. This is what I mean when I say he is shoved down our throat in an unpleasant manner.

Maggie acts entitled to treat others around her like crap because she thinks she is in the inner circle with Meredith, even though she has not earned the right to have any opinion on the hospital. Out of all the characters involved in this story, she has the least right to open her mouth and talk about a program she has no idea about. She does not even know what Richard was like at the peak of his time in the program, because she was not even there!
Old 02-21-2017, 01:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
Alex hijacked a story that was meant to be for Jo. Somehow a domestic violence story became a story about Alex nearly committing manslaughter, so that Meredith could be his night and shining armour and interject into a story that was never her business. Somehow they both managed to overshadow Jo. This is what I mean when I say he is shoved down our throat in an unpleasant manner.
That's what I meant. This storyline affected the lives of so many people who had nothing to do with it. But I'm sure this was just the opener for Jo's storyline with her husband.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with ~Pj~ that nobody is actually right here.

April was right in taking the job. Someone needs to do it. That doesn't mean she hates Richard, even though asking him to supervise Warren was not a good idea

I don't mind Minnick. It's good that she got taken down a little, and I agree that Arizona should've gone to Stephanie first.

The scene with Stephanie and Richard was really good. Jerrika gave a really emotional performance. I'm sad to hear she's leaving.

They're acting like Richard is perfect but nobody is. Though I gotta say he did make the program better, this batch of residents haven't screwed up as much as the original bunch (who were Bailey's interns by the way )

I like all the patient storylines, it was full which kept the episode entertaining but not too crowded.

The attendings at the lunch table were acting like high schoolers. Like ~Pj~ said, Owen is probably the closest to being right.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:00 PM
My specialty is Ice

its just weird how much minnick even looks like callie and her romance with arizona is just glaringly obvious. no thank you.

Quote:
It took he like 7 seasons

okay so for 7 seasons she was an annoying brat. though i still dislike her, now just for different reasons.

the day shonda kills her off i will celebrate. but i am glad at least stephanie is going.

Quote:
hmmm, still dont see it. them not being able to write jo's POV is one thing, but justin hasnt had a lot of screen time this season either. his development hasnt been focused on either. we didnt get to see him apologize really or feel guilt. Im not really sure who is getting the focus in this storyline but its actually not alex OR jo. Not sure how the show managed to do that.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Alex got some focus, but about working in the clinic. Kind of lame.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:36 AM
Master Fan

I'd rather an Arizona romance than be subjective to another Meredith romance where I have to suspend my disbelief that a middle aged woman in her 40s with 3 children is considered desirable to a doctor who is unmarried and without children.

Alex failed to show remorse because he did not have any, and that is why he does not make any sense that he got his job back so fast. Speaking of, he showed absolutely no loyalty towards Meredith when he went to take his old job back, and he is supposed to be her person. That's probably why they deliberately did not show him last episode because if he was seen sitting with the crowd discussing Minnick, he would appear like a sell out after Meredith spent all season going to bat for him. Yet people are focusing on how April took her job, when she isn't even friends with Meredith and thus owes her nothing.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I'd rather an Arizona romance than be subjective to another Meredith romance where I have to suspend my disbelief that a middle aged woman in her 40s with 3 children is considered desirable to a doctor who is unmarried and without children.

Arizona romance is awful though. When will they realise she is not strong enough character without Callie?
Old 02-23-2017, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Alex did have some remorse. He clearly felt guilty and he apologized. Took him too long though.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:27 PM
Master Fan

Callie sucked too last season tbh.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah the way she behaved in the trail was awful. I'm glad Arizona won (which was totally pointless bc she gave Sofia to Callie)