Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-19-2016, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

How is Meredith acting 15?

Quote:
They are toxic together. Save for the one or two nice episodes post wedding they've basically been having the same argument for years and it's exhausting to listen too. April is insufferable.
Agree. I never liked April. But at least in the early years she was SOMEWHAT endearing in some ways. In the recent years shes just plain obnoxious.

They have had the same argument for years and years. Its just so so old.

Quote:
And yet, you don't think any of those things are true about Meredith and Alex? A domestic violence story that was meant to be for Jo has been used to shove Meredith and Alex down our throats. Instead of showing how Jo feels about Alex nearly killing Deluca, we get scenes of Meredith and Alex eating lunch together. Meredith and Alex holding hands in prison.
I'm not sure what your point is at all? One is not like the other in any regard. Alex/Mer have been friends and understand one another, where as April/Jackson 100% dont and argue over the same thing. What does MA'S storyline have to do with the other? I dont understand.

They arent being shoved down anyones throats, they are a friendship, they are gonna get scenes together just like any other friendship on the show.

again I dont really have any idea how that has to do with jackson/april's merry-go-round of arguing?
Old 10-19-2016, 10:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Yes, Meredith is acting like she is 15 years old. Like she is some sort of hip cool gal. All these secrets, gossip and her behavior is completely cring worthy. There is absolutely no point for her to keep her RS with Riggs as secret. No point. She is not thinking about her kids (she forgot about their existence), she is not thinking about Derek, she is doing this because she wants it. It's all symptoms of mid-life crisis. Meredith desperately wants to be younger than she is. But there is a difference between trying to keep a good body and look younger and acting like you are generic teenager.
Old 10-20-2016, 06:36 AM
Master Fan

Meredith has been a bit cliche and tired for seasons. Her little band of gossiping Betty's, which now includes Alex, has made it so that if you are out of her group, you are out. Also, she has recently thrown both her sister and Riggs under the bus because she wants to have her cake and eat it too. She is not ready to be with Riggs, but does not want anyone else to have him for when she is ready to be with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I'm not sure what your point is at all? One is not like the other in any regard. Alex/Mer have been friends and understand one another, where as April/Jackson 100% dont and argue over the same thing. What does MA'S storyline have to do with the other? I dont understand.

They arent being shoved down anyones throats, they are a friendship, they are gonna get scenes together just like any other friendship on the show.

again I dont really have any idea how that has to do with jackson/april's merry-go-round of arguing?
They were not shown to have any such close friendship until Cristina left, and then when Derek tried. Then suddenly Alex and his band of girls were shoved down our throats. Moments that ought to have gone to Jo and Alex were suddenly given to Meredith and Alex. Such as him in prison early this season and Meredith coming to visit him.

Their friendship has begun to overshadow what he has with Jo because their scenes are continuously shoved down our throat. Why would she have such a huge role in Alex's case with Deluca? Moreover, had they focused the domestic violence story on who it was meant to be for, Jo, rather than Alex, they could not need to shove so many Meredith and Alex scenes down our throat this season.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:09 AM
Extreme Fan

After successfully getting rid of so many core actors Shonda and Co doesn't really care about what people think.
Grey's writers has very strange views on friendship. Sometimes Meredith/Cristina were just too close they literally had no personal space. It looked... cringe worthy. But when she is entering Alex showering, talking with him like they are both 13 year old girls from private school, it's just awful. Alex is not that type of person. Well, he wasn't.
The thing is that Meredith lost her purpose on the show ages ago. She was meant to be that "I can do it all" type of women, but after Heigl and Oh departures they just decided to give her any story that can be done by female characters. 3 kids? Yeah, why not? Too pity they have less screentime than carousel.
Another sister? Let's do this! First one worked so well we killed her off! Oh left? Let's make Justin her girlfriend. How will Meredith survive without a close friend? Too many things going on with her, none are working. I liked her with Riggs at first, but now I find him above her. Not only looks, but she is just so horrible nowadays.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
Meredith has been a bit cliche and tired for seasons. Her little band of gossiping Betty's, which now includes Alex, has made it so that if you are out of her group, you are out. Also, she has recently thrown both her sister and Riggs under the bus because she wants to have her cake and eat it too. She is not ready to be with Riggs, but does not want anyone else to have him for when she is ready to be with him.

They were not shown to have any such close friendship until Cristina left, and then when Derek tried. Then suddenly Alex and his band of girls were shoved down our throats. Moments that ought to have gone to Jo and Alex were suddenly given to Meredith and Alex. Such as him in prison early this season and Meredith coming to visit him.

Their friendship has begun to overshadow what he has with Jo because their scenes are continuously shoved down our throat. Why would she have such a huge role in Alex's case with Deluca? Moreover, had they focused the domestic violence story on who it was meant to be for, Jo, rather than Alex, they could not need to shove so many Meredith and Alex scenes down our throat this season.
Completely agree with this. My issue is what you've just stated - the scenes they share now they only share because Cristina and Derek are gone. Not because Meredith and Alex would organically be sharing these moments. If the first 10 seasons of this show hadn't happened, no one would be disputing Alex and the girl gang groups, or the ridiculously exaggerated/inappropriate scenes ...however they DID, and Meredith and Alex's relationship as a result has been twisted and forced into something that it's not, and as a result I find their scenes pretty nauseating st times. Which is a massive shame because with no pressure on them in the past, they were allowed to be what they were - and I LOVED their friendship, definitely one of my favourites in the show. They were what they needed for each other, and Alex was allowed to have his OWN life. And it's a shame now that people are suddenly 'loving' this washed down version of him that laid down in s11-12 and took ALL of Merediths **** without complaint, instead of appreciating who his character really was before that. Which shows me that people don't love Alex Karev, they love him as an extension/side part of Meredith. And I think the writers realised the one sided nature of their friendship, and are trying to compensate with Meredith 'being there' for Alex, but now she's in scenes that should be Jo. And the focus is on Alex/mer with Jo's perspective in the DV issue nonexistent. It's just a complete mess.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
That must have an end. Meredith has feelings for Nathan and she should leave them. Nathan has feelings for Meredith and wants them clearly. Why the whole Hickhack? Just because of Maggie? Meredith is finally supposed to tell Maggie what it is. I'm waiting for every episode.
Old 10-22-2016, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Moments that ought to have gone to Jo and Alex
says whoooo?

The show/writers have never ever cared bout Jo and never will.

They barely care about Alex. They only just started giving him focus. It took freaking 13 seasons.

They are friends, they will have scenes, just as any other friendship on the show will have scenes together. Nothing is "shoved down your throat" when its been a consistent relationship for a while?

I dont know what show you people are watching but Alex/Mer have been friends for a good long time and shared scenes since the beginning.
Old 10-23-2016, 04:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
says whoooo?

The show/writers have never ever cared bout Jo and never will.

They barely care about Alex. They only just started giving him focus. It took freaking 13 seasons.

They are friends, they will have scenes, just as any other friendship on the show will have scenes together. Nothing is "shoved down your throat" when its been a consistent relationship for a while?

I dont know what show you people are watching but Alex/Mer have been friends for a good long time and shared scenes since the beginning.
That is a bit patronizing isn't it? You just caught up with the show because you binge watched. The rest of us watched week to week. You saw so many Meredith and Alex scenes at once but if you look at the entirety of their relationship, you will see that there was an increase in their scenes in the last few seasons.

As you pointed out, they started to give him focus in season 13, only because the other characters Shonda really cared about left, and therefore he was one of the few that remain. So now it has not been a consistent friendship TO THIS EXTENT. Yes they were friends for a while but not to the point where they are now, where he has become a pseudo-Cristina replacement. It's contrived and an obvious reaction to the fact that both Derek and Cristina are gone.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:43 AM
New Fan

Quote:
That is a bit patronizing isn't it? You just caught up with the show because you binge watched. The rest of us watched week to week. You saw so many Meredith and Alex scenes at once but if you look at the entirety of their relationship, you will see that there was an increase in their scenes in the last few seasons.

As you pointed out, they started to give him focus in season 13, only because the other characters Shonda really cared about left, and therefore he was one of the few that remain. So now it has not been a consistent friendship TO THIS EXTENT. Yes they were friends for a while but not to the point where they are now, where he has become a pseudo-Cristina replacement. It's contrived and an obvious reaction to the fact that both Derek and Cristina are gone.
I haven't binge watched and see it the same way as Alexa. Yes of course they have become even closer since Cristina left and Derek died, but hey that very well could happen in real life as well. If you lose close friends (for whatever reason), other friends might grow closer to you. So no, I don't see there relationship as beeing shoved down our thorat.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaria (View Post)
I haven't binge watched and see it the same way as Alexa. Yes of course they have become even closer since Cristina left and Derek died, but hey that very well could happen in real life as well. If you lose close friends (for whatever reason), other friends might grow closer to you. So no, I don't see there relationship as beeing shoved down our thorat.
I do not dispute that friends become close to you. However, their relationship is co-dependent and bizzare at times. Why would Alex move in with Maggie and Meredith instead of getting his own place? He can afford it.

Moreover, they focused the fall out of Alex's actions on how it impacts him and how it impacts his friendship with Meredith instead of having him show any remorse for what he did to Deluca, or even to Jo. We have not seen him interact with the people he actually screwed over, which makes him look really ridiculous.

Also, Alexa is often aggressive in her posts and her behaviour on the board. I often seen her asking a moderator to intervene on what she thinks other posters have done that is offensive, but cannot catch her own poor actions on the board.
Old 10-23-2016, 07:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Why would Alex move in with Maggie and Meredith instead of getting his own place? He can afford it.
Well that's been happening all the show. Jackson is loaded and still stayed with Bailey

Quote:
how it impacts his friendship with Meredith
They haven't been showing that though, they've been showing Meredith supporting him and that's it. He definitely should show more remorse, but Jo and DeLuca can't talk about it so he can't really share scenes with them. Maybe an excuse by the writers though, who knows.
Old 10-23-2016, 11:22 AM
New Fan

Quote:
I do not dispute that friends become close to you. However, their relationship is co-dependent and bizzare at times. Why would Alex move in with Maggie and Meredith instead of getting his own place? He can afford it.

Moreover, they focused the fall out of Alex's actions on how it impacts him and how it impacts his friendship with Meredith instead of having him show any remorse for what he did to Deluca, or even to Jo. We have not seen him interact with the people he actually screwed over, which makes him look really ridiculous.
I'm with you concerning the relationship between Alex and Jo, it really would be nice to focus a bit more on that and what Alex did to DeLuca. That's really lacking on the show right now.

As for Alex moving in with Meredith and Maggie, why not? They're all single, maybe they like to have company instead of living alone. I don't find this so unusual, I'm a doctor myself and many of my colleagues room with other doctors, even though they all could easily afford their own place.
Old 10-23-2016, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

What is patronizing? Im sorry if you felt that way, Im just stating my opinion too.

I don't see how theres a difference between watching week to week and watching episodes at a time. I didn't binge that quickly, only a few episodes a week. But its irrelevant because the amount of scenes they have remains the same. And i've been watching since season 1 and they've been getting interaction since THAT point. Of course there is an increase in scenes, IMO its called progression. Any friendship would have a starting point and develop as it goes along.

Alex/Arizona have a friendship in my eyes. They started with no scenes, progressed to a few scenes, then had a lot of scenes. Now they dont interact as much as they used to but I would still consider them friends. And if they get a scene no one says they are being forced down our throats. Because they have a friendship and they have a for a while now just as Merlex have.

I dont agree at all that hes a replacement. Again, their relationship has developed. But even so, her best friend and her husband are now not in her life, it makes sense that she will have other people fill those voids. IE maggie, and amelia and alex.

Quote:
but hey that very well could happen in real life as well. If you lose close friends (for whatever reason), other friends might grow closer to you.
Exactly.

Its very realistic to gain new friends when old ones leave. In fact, Id argue it'd be weird if Meredith didn't get closer to people.

Alex/Mer had a nice build to their friendship and have proved to be there for one another so of course they are going to get closer with each year that passes.

Quote:
I actually agree with this but they've been doing this to Alex for seasons and seasons and seasons. Most of his storylines are rarely about him and usually end up being about everyone else. Its sad but its true. The writers either dont care or dont know how to write for him. Meredith, being the main character, is obviously going to get a lot of the focus. But this is nothing new, its been going on for seasons at a time so I dont know why you are acting so surprised about this now. 13 seasons in.

I do think its upsetting that we haven't seen alex show any real remorse or try to make amends, its like its just been forgotten. but I'm hoping in time it'll happen.

And I agree with what others have said about the living situation. Realistically, I think its mostly the writers just wanting the characters in the same place so its easier to create storylines, but a lot of people prefer to live with roommates. Especially after you lose someone you were in a relationship with you tend to feel pretty alone and want to surround yourself with people that care about you and will support you.
Old 12-04-2016, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

It is only normal that Meredith needs Alex more as I stated above.