Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2016, 07:03 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
Well ,obviously, she left the show. She can only appear in final season. Though, have you guys noticed that neither her or Shonda mentioned it? When Sandra Oh left, she said she is for sure going to appear in finale.
Actually, Sandra said she would come back for the finale if Shonda wanted her to and if it fits her schedule. So it's not a given.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
Very true. Since Callie is still out there, even if SR does not come back for the finale, they can still say that Arizona kept in contact with her, and decided that was her true love. They can easily erode the off-screen relationship between Penny and Callie to fabricate Calzona ending.
Yeah all the fans were shocked how Sam and Nomai ended up together despite the fact that Sam and Nomai had zero contacts and Sam was with Addison for a season
Old 05-24-2016, 05:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

What I don't get as well is why get her out like this ? I mean even if she talked about leaving last minute there were other ways to get her out. I would have gone with her father is sick. He was on the show they were really close. She wants to help him with treatment and spend as much time as posible with him. She also wants Sophia to spend time with her grandpa... No drama, no Penny, Arizona would have been ok with Sophia travelling back and forth for her dying grandpa... And you leave a door open for Calzona in the futur...
But no they had to turn her into this b**** who would turn on Arizona for no reason and let her lawyer imply she is less ofa mother to Sophia because she is non biological... Callie is not perfect but it seemed so out of character for her to do that... Leaving with a character she has no chemestry with....

I can't buy it... Sara and Shonda can ay otherwise but I don't think all went well on set... You don't let a loved character leave this way if all is good.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:23 AM
Master Fan

I do think it's highly possible Sara/Callie could come back. It was left pretty open imo. It didn't feel as final as Sandra/Cristina's exit.

As for that tweet, she tweeted something pretty similar at the end of S10. One of the crew guys said Sara's stand in didn't even know. I think there were talks about her leaving/taking a break, and then she made her final decision last week. I have a hard time believing this would be the exit Shonda would give Sara. They are pretty good friends and she has mentioned Callie is one of her fave characters. I don't know if she is trying to bait Calzona fans, but she said they would have ended up back together. But I see no reason why she would bait their fans into watching seeing as this show is still pulling top ratings for current network tv. Heck, the show killed McDreamy and ratings practically went up.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:47 AM
Extreme Fan

If she indeed informed Shonda 3 days before finale aired they coudn't do anything because finale was filmed weeks ago.
I don't buy it, though. I don't think you can leave on a good terms when it comes to Shonda show.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

If she loves Callie, she has a weird way of showing it...

IF Sara is only on a break I could see her come back but after the whole Penny is the love of my life and what she did in court, I'm going to have a hard time forgetting and going for Calzona again. At this point I'm fine if they don't end up together.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:59 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)
I think her exit exposes the fact that Sara probably informed them of her wish to leave very late in the game. While Callie is flakey and falls in love too fast, I can't see her uprooting her whole career and her daughter for an intern she has been dating for less than a year. It was clearly a rushed up exit and it did not make any sense.
I dont believe that. I think Shonda wanted her gone for her own crative reasons that we dont know yet. Actors have contacts, they can't just leave when they feel like it if the producers arent okay with that. I am sure as in any other work contract there is a clause where is determened how much in advance she has to announce her daparture.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdita (View Post)
I dont believe that. I think Shonda wanted her gone for her own crative reasons that we dont know yet. Actors have contacts, they can't just leave when they feel like it if the producers arent okay with that. I am sure as in any other work contract there is a clause where is determened how much in advance she has to announce her daparture.
her contract was up at the end of the season and Sara chose to not renew it
I just can't face this is seems. In my dreams, in my dreams.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Sometimes I feel Shonda is not pro and does not respect the fans...
I she has a problem with an actor or if they want to leave earlier than she wanted, then there is a risk she may get a revenge on the show...
Old 05-24-2016, 07:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Probably budget cuts, Dane was written off for the same reason.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:08 PM
New Fan

I am Okay with her daparture as long as that means that the other Characters will get a proper storyline. I love GA, but the past few seasons i feel like Shonda is overwhelmed with the number of Characters (and other projects). The show is still awsome but Look at Alex, I dont remember when was the last time he had a good storyline. His purpose now is to comfort Mer when she needed it and to fight with Jo.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:02 AM
Extreme Fan

Calzona story looked like a Sara exit all season. Once Callie went all in with ILY's to Penny it seemed pretty obvious that was where they were going. That is why it is hard to believe that Shonda didn't have any idea Sara was leaving.
Maybe Sara just told Shonda early in the season she may not be renewing.
Otherwise I would say Shonda is damn lucky with that plot for a showrunner that had no idea three days prior to the finale airing.

On another topic, please tell me how in the world they think they can sell Jo having a false identity.
School records alone let alone a practicing doctor with falsified records is stretching it.
Let's just say she was married when she was in high school, or college, how did she transfer those records to med school if she changed her name???
Shonda really has her hands full IMO to make this even SLIGHTLY plausible.

Overall a pretty good finale. I am most looking forward to Japril and Griggs next season.

I don't think a Maggie triangle will last long at all. I just think Maggie will look like the odd man out and I don't see Shonda dirtying the waters very much if she intends on Griggs going any distance.

I haven't been a fan of Owelia at all until the mid. They have grown on me in the second half of this season.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

She could've legally changed her name instead, no? IDK.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justathought (View Post)
I don't think a Maggie triangle will last long at all. I just think Maggie will look like the odd man out and I don't see Shonda dirtying the waters very much if she intends on Griggs going any distance.

I haven't been a fan of Owelia at all until the mid. They have grown on me in the second half of this season.
I think the love triangle will not be of long duration, as Nathan has clearly cast an eye on Meredith and is in love with her and Maggie was just nice and still is, as with the bacon. Meredith and Nathan are also those who appreciate lead in the 13 season a secret relationship.

I think most will be happy to Methan and to Japril.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)
She could've legally changed her name instead, no? IDK.
If she legally changed it there is a record that can be traced to where she is now. They made it come across as though the guy she was running from was a man of influence. Was connected and powerful. Maybe a police officer, detective, politician or even a mobster.

If she changed it legally and transferred her school records that is another way to be easily located.

It's Shondaland I know, but this is big hole imo when I know what I just went through to just renew my drivers license.