Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2016, 08:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Mark death was also very natural, they spent good part of the season to write him off. Well, that's is because ER is better than Greys Anatomy, and not only ER but other medical shows too...
Maybe Arizona understand she is not a good mother or/and person? So she decided to give Callie's child to Callie? I mean Arizona is not really a mother to Sofia.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:52 AM
Master Fan

I have some issues with Nathan. He comes across like a Derek copycat. His flirting with Meredith, the "that was some of my best work," came across like the scene where Meredith and Derek were in the staircase in season 1. The scene where Meredith tells Derek he is not that good looking and he replies by saying that he might not be good looking today, but the other day he was very good looking because he was wearing his best shirt.

I mean the relationship should be fresh and original, not a rehash of a relationship the audience already saw happen over 11 seasons.

Quote:
lad the baby is alright, I hoped she would have had a normal delivery. Why do we always need drama ? A nice delivery with JAckson would have been ok. I'm also releaved the whole Ben drama is over. Clearly the guy will never understand. I don't care how many lives he saves the other woman is still dead. And he NEVER FELT GUILTY over it. I get it it happens, but Ben was always fine with her death and it bothers me.
I totally agree! I hate that Japril was used to redeem him. He is not redeemed because April made it. He NEVER expressed remorse over the fact that a woman and her baby died because he screwed up. He was all about getting back into the OR. It never registered that his overconfidence snatched the woman of her life. Whatever, it's over so I hope he fades into the background.

Last edited by posterity; 05-20-2016 at 08:59 AM
Old 05-20-2016, 09:28 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
Mark death was also very natural, they spent good part of the season to write him off. Well, that's is because ER is better than Greys Anatomy, and not only ER but other medical shows too...
Maybe Arizona understand she is not a good mother or/and person? So she decided to give Callie's child to Callie? I mean Arizona is not really a mother to Sofia.
Holy troll.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 05-20-2016, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I have some issues with Nathan. He comes across like a Derek copycat. His flirting with Meredith, the "that was some of my best work," came across like the scene where Meredith and Derek were in the staircase in season 1. The scene where Meredith tells Derek he is not that good looking and he replies by saying that he might not be good looking today, but the other day he was very good looking because he was wearing his best shirt.
The moment Mer said "don't do that" and he said "what?" I was expecting the "look at me like you've seen me naked"
Old 05-20-2016, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maité (View Post)
The moment Mer said "don't do that" and he said "what?" I was expecting the "look at me like you've seen me naked"
I know. It's a total copy of MerDer in their earliest inception. It's kind of contrived in a sense. I don't think she should use what made one couple successful on another.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossip23 (View Post)
Don't answer her, we lost enough time on this court thing. Let's agree to disagree... I loved OWen and Christina but I feel people are making them tobe more than they were. If I remember the way they decided to get married was pretty rushed too and right after a trauma.
YES, I know this isn't to the point of the episode, but I never got Owen and Christina. I thought they looked so unnatural together. I loved Sandra as an actress, but I didn't think she had chemistry with any man they paired her with.

Back to this episode - whew. It was packed. I was entertained. I thought the Jackson, April, and baby story was great. I was reading some of you all's speculation earlier in the week and you thought jackson might get in an accident on his way and I was very concerned about that. So I am glad that was nowhere near the case lol.

Ben and Miranda. I'm happy that he was able to redeem himself here. The week they showed two episodes back to back, I missed the first one, so I didn't see the whole story there and I need to rewatch on hulu, but from what I saw, he wasn't trying to be careless. He was just focused and acting on what he thought was best for all in the moment. Many others supported him, too.

After Derek died, I swore I'd never watch again. I still haven't watched the episode where he dies, but i picked up a week or so after. And I was impressed with the way they tried to honor his memory as the story continued and even through this season I thought they've done a great job staying true to his memory.

Leanne
Old 05-20-2016, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

I am really glad Stephanie only had one scene. Her lack of sympathy towards Jo only indicated how selfish and ridiculous the character has become. She is feeling sorry for herself because a patient she patronized and hardly knew died, but she cannot even summon some sort of sympathy to hear her friend out when she expresses her regret over the loss of a 4+ year relationship.

I have to admit, I would have prefer Jo were sober during the reveal of her backstory. I think it would have had more impact if she was sober and we could experience her emotional turmoil about her hidden past. We did not see any progression to Jo's state of drunkenness. She just appeared drunk in a bar with Stephanie, which removed the impact of the reveal. I guess that is what happens when your cast is to cluttered and you have too many stories to resolve in one episode. Also, I guess Jo would not be loose enough to admit the truth about her past to Deluca of all people.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERussia (View Post)
Mark death was also very natural, they spent good part of the season to write him off. Well, that's is because ER is better than Greys Anatomy, and not only ER but other medical shows too... Maybe Arizona understand she is not a good mother or/and person? So she decided to give Callie's child to Callie? I mean Arizona is not really a mother to Sofia.
You just offended every adoptive parent out there. Arizona might not have given birth to Sofia but she is as much her mother as Callie is.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by posterity (View Post)

I mean the relationship should be fresh and original, not a rehash of a relationship the audience already saw happen over 11 seasons.
But that is what will have Shonda, as before to make it look like it was back between Meredith and Derek, so it is now also between Meredith and Nathan. But Nathan said, "that was it one of his best works" was funny and suspect. What he wants out there? That sounds in my opinion as to when he would do anything to Meredith to win over? Apparently he now wants to repeatedly having sex with Meredith, but on the other hand he has fallen in love.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:41 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSam4Life (View Post)
You just offended every adoptive parent out there. Arizona might not have given birth to Sofia but she is as much her mother as Callie is.
She such a great mom she literally gave Sofia to Callie like she is some sort of thing.
Arizona was never her true mother, she was too busy crying/cheating and going to therapist, after she got her she undestand that in fact she can't take care of her.
And it has nothing to do with adoptive parents, stop repeating it. For me the one who raised a kid is his/her true parent, not the one who just gave birth to, but Arizona did neither of these things!
Also, it seems like another clever Shonda plan! I mean Arizona was never a complete stand alone character + how they are even going to show her without Callie and Sofia? They are huge part of her character's story, pretty much THE story. She is so getting Derek'd next season.
Old 05-20-2016, 02:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

No really people don't answer her, I repeat don't answer her lol. This person cannot be objective when it comes to Arizona so there is no point.

I feel that back in the days every character was very singular. Alex was a bad boy, George was good, Mer weird, Baley the nazi and so on. Now we are getting copies. Steph is supposed to be some sort of Christina and today I felt MEr was trying to channel her. But it does not work both come out as mean. Christina could be cold but somehow her big heart showed. Sandra could pull that off. Jo is Alex and that is coming from someone who loves her. Japril's baby was somehow repeated, drama both times. IT is loosing its originality for sure.

MAggie is new but as someone pointed out too old to be that naÏve that is ridiculous.

For that last season we have been stuck in a time loop where Owen and Amelia kept breaking up, Mer kept being mean, Jo kept saying no etc I'm hoping for something fresh next season. A new chief of ortho. I want to see JApril deal with their child in a funny way not dramatic. OWen and Amelia be happy. Jo having more screen time and Steph forgotten... Today there was a rerun of season 4 on tv, God it had such a quicker pace, at least four patients with storylines, an ambulance was turned upside down, a nazi patient etc it was great I miss that...
I want exitment...I want to see Jo and Delucca be touched by something. In the episode I4m talking about, Izzie and Christina fought for surgery, MEr had tears in her eyes when ambulance guy died. Nowadays interns just stand there we don't follow their journey we follow their bosses and it's boring because they all settled and stopped going after scolarships etc...

As for OWen and Christina or Christina and any men really... I feel Christina was too big for any of them... From the start she was set to have this extraordinary futur... Her work is her life she does not want what most women do, she wants to leave her print. So I don't think Owen and her were great but I do believe they loved each other deeply.
Owen and Amelia don't have that epic love story, they are messed up, broke up a lot, have everyone doubt them but today they showed they truly love each other. They have a "real" quality to them and want the same thing out of life. I hope Amelia gets stronger next to him, he believes in her.

Ps: does the baby have a name ? Did I miss it ?
Do you think new chief of ortho will be male or female ? and whose love interest ?

Last edited by gossip23; 05-20-2016 at 02:35 PM
Old 05-20-2016, 04:59 PM
Elite Fan

I'm totally fine with Jo having some more airtime but not with the story line because the story is so forced and reconed and it just makes no sense. They really should focus on Jo's professional career.

Cristina was wrong for Owen from the get-go, she clearly wanted a career more than she wanted a personal life, love or a family. she told Owen she did not want kids and I think Owen thought he could pursue her into motherhood anyway. Of course it didn't help that she kept getting pregnant when she clearly didn't want a baby. I think Owen learned his mistake because he asked Amelia About kids before they got married which is what he should've done with Cristina. It would've saved him a lot of heartache.

I did love that even though owen was told by Webber that Amelia left that he still had faith and hope that she would return. he gave Alex something to think regarding Jo which was a good scene since Alex doesn't seem to have any guy friends.
Old 05-20-2016, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
since Alex doesn't seem to have any guy friends.
I'm bummed they dropped his budding relationship with Jackson. They had become quite close especially in the episode of Bailey's wedding and then they dropped it.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
No really people don't answer her, I repeat don't answer her lol. This person cannot be objective when it comes to Arizona so there is no point.
That's bullying. Objective in what? She gave Sofia to Callie because she realized she can't live with her full-time.
Old 05-21-2016, 12:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Bullying !!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all I did not mean "never answer you". Clearly you and I talked about other things. I get like me you are an ER fan (to this day I think it was one ofthe best show ever made).

I meant "do not answer on the court topic" because it is going nowhere. You keep saying Arizona would not have had Sofia in real life, we believe otherwise and noone is going to change their mind. So why go over it again ?

Second of all, you want to talk about bullying how about you go back to your older post. Here are a few :
"You guys are blinded by your bias."
" Like you either don't think of make decisions based on facts/logic/law or/and hardcore Arizona fans."
"I undestand that Arizona fans wanted her to win, but there is like no chance in hell it can happen in real life. What bothers me is not that most people can't see this and put their bias off"
I'm sick of discussing it, everyone who has any sort of knowledge and logic know that Arizona won't win in real life. Stooooop.
Both of moderators also agree that Callie case was much stronger. Why? Because they are smart people.
I'm not bitter or rude, I just said they need to educate themselves

So I can't say you are not objective but you can say the same thing about us and imply on top of that we are not smart. I'm so done talking to you little girl. You clearly are unable to accept that we don't all think alike and you can't have a nice, polite debate. I'm done fighting with you.